• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Staying with a character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Hi, for some reason in Brawl I just can't seem to pick a character and stick with him/her as a main. I had no problem with this in Melee. Anybody have advice on how to stay with someone to use?

Sorry if this has already been brought up.

SmashFusion

Smash Rookie
What was your fighting style in meele,compare to another character or the same on Brawl

Do you like Fast,powerful they're are many ways to pick one

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
I had this problem in melee actually. Just grab a couple of friends and play Brawl all night. you know you will have a main when you enjoy playing as them, play well as them and are consistent with them.
Maybe just pick a couple first, without having a main. Then just play as them for a while, see which one you think will best fit and play as them. Think about your overall playing style. Do you prefer heavy or light characters? Thats the kind of thing you want to know.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It takes time to REALLY stick with someone. wait a while longer i guess.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
This is like asking someone how to choose a favorite color. Choose it yourself, useless topic.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You have pretty much found your main/s if you can win consistently against a variety of opponents or at least do fairly well against those are better than you. Even high tier characters are fairly useless if they don't suit your playstyle. It also has to do with how bad you want to main for example. For example, even before Brawl came out, I was dead determined to make Wario one of my best characters and that's exactly what he's become.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Pick a character that you feel you can do anything with. Find a character that you feel allows you to play to the best of your ability. Your character should not hold you back

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
my brother has this same problem. You could be like a bunch of people and say you "main" like 8 characters.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
I had this problem in melee actually. Just grab a couple of friends and play Brawl all night. you know you will have a main when you enjoy playing as them, play well as them and are consistent with them.
Maybe just pick a couple first, without having a main. Then just play as them for a while, see which one you think will best fit and play as them. Think about your overall playing style. Do you prefer heavy or light characters? Thats the kind of thing you want to know.
You have pretty much found your main/s if you can win consistently against a variety of opponents or at least do fairly well against those are better than you. Even high tier characters are fairly useless if they don't suit your playstyle. It also has to do with how bad you want to main for example. For example, even before Brawl came out, I was dead determined to make Wario one of my best characters and that's exactly what he's become.
These two people have won this thread.
Just take a bunch of people and play them with everyone you want to main, and see which one works best for you.

My 2 cents.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Its tough choosing man, every one has a playstyle that suits them best, just choose what gives you the best results while still allowing yourself to have fun with them

ChiiGamer

Smash Rookie
I still really don't have a main either. I just play Dedede because... come on he IS WITHOUT A DOUBT the coolest character on Brawl. Also because my friend hates him with a passion, especially when I cg that kid across final destination.:laugh:

But, yeah it can be a major pain. Just pick a character that fits your style. If anyone else tells you another character is better, master your choice and prove them wrong.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Choose a character that fits your fighting style. Certain characters do well with smash attacks, while others focus on grabbing their opponents.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Play em all and choose yourself. We can't help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom