• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting roster already revealed (SamuraiPanda's Conspiracy Theoracy) [Final Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Panda's a smart guy ( a really smart guy), but I think that some of you are accepting his theory simply because he's the one who wrote it.
Agreed. This is nothing against Panda or it's not mod-bashing or anything, but if a nobody with 40 posts wrote that exact same post, word for word, it would have gotten shot down. I believe someone made the same thread previously and was flammed.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
This is a good point and you didn't even fully make it. In the past two games the starting roster screen was accompanied by squares with question marks in them, indicating locked characters. In the screen that Sakurai gave us, there are absolutely none. I would think that even if this was the starting roster (which I do doubt), there were at least be some blank squares. To have none seems silly and a blatant flag in the air that this isn't the starting screen.

You could make arguments of course to counter, but...bottom line: There is no more proof that this is the starting roster screen than the contrary, other than the fact that Sakurai showed it. But what you fail to see there is that he only says "You go straight to the character-selection screen." He didn't even go as far as to say that that was it, let alone that it was the starting roster.

And don't give me junk about "well, clearly it's obvious"...Sakurai went out of his way to tell us the Options menu was purple and the slider moves left and right, which were also clearly visible. I think that it's more than reasonable to assume he'd say "Here is the starting roster!" if it was actually it.
Does no one realize that Sakurai is programming this game? Imagine Debugger mode on steroids...He can change whatever he wants. He can display whatever characters he wants. He can put in the code for online mode on the demo version if he wants...it isn't hard. He's coding the game. Why does this have to be the final version if Sakurai didn't say it outright?
I'm sorry to quote myself, but I think that everyone seemed to have missed these points.

Bottom line: Sakurai is blatant about everything. He tells us even the most obvious things. Why on earth would the starting roster be any different? He would tell us outright that it was if it was.

EDIT: Oh, and I can't remember who pointed this out earlier, but the characters missing seems eerily similar to those missing in Melee's testing version. What do they all have in common? They are all characters with complex physics: Ice Climbers, Zelda/Sheik, Kirby...seems odd that all of these would happen to be the ones missing...

Akiak

Smash Ace
Regarding the theoracy about the demo select screen and the dojo one:

I say he didn't include the items and stages icons in the upper right corner because he hadn't added them yet to the screen. That dojo screen came after the E4all right? In that case then yeah, he hadn't added it yet.
He hadn't completed the select screen before EforAll.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Bottom line: Sakurai is blatant about everything. He tells us even the most obvious things. Why on earth would the starting roster be any different? He would tell us outright that it was if it was.
According to that logic, wouldn't he tell us it wasn't the starting roster in this instance? It is, in fact, a different screen than the E4All screen.

Anyway, I disagree with you. Sakurai is blatantly vague about even the simplest updates. >_<

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I think the biggest flaw in this theoracy is that Kirby is shown on the 3rd event match... (this has probably already been mentioned but this thread is too big to search through X_x)

I disagree with the theory but at least Panda backs it up with believable evidence...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
*EDIT* The person who said that has been proven false, same demo as E4All
Looked though the Jump Festa topic and didn't see any of that. Just a lot of people thinking he was false. Mind showing me another source if there is one?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
According to that logic, wouldn't he tell us it wasn't the starting roster in this instance? It is, in fact, a different screen than the E4All screen.

Anyway, I disagree with you. Sakurai is blatantly vague about even the simplest updates. >_<
That's the dumbest thing I've heard around here in a while, and you even contradicted yourself in the next line. Sakurai leaves us wondering things a lot sure, but if something is concrete, he lets us know. THE OPTIONS ARE IN PURPLE. THE SCROLLER MOVES LEFT AND RIGHT. Honestly, how can you not say Sakurai points out the most obvious things?

And what do the vague updates that everyone over-analyzes turn into always? A bunch of nonesense. A bunch of rubbish that people looked into too much and turned out to be nothing. Over-analyzing vague updates has never turned out to be what we thought it was; it was almost always just nothing, a mountain we made out of a molehill.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
WOW, i read this... GREAT JOB! i loved this info and i was very interested in it and so far i have not noticed anything that could be used to majorly disprove this.

also, like when u said that they could just zoom the Char Select Screen out if u unlock more chars, i totally agree with that because: there were 2 pics of Char Select Screens u used in the Conspiracy Theoracy which are the ones near the beginning of the Theory, one with the "seeking" and one with out the "seeking". the second pic that did not say "seeking" was used in the Demos at E4A or E3 or w/e anyways, that Char Select Screen was zoomed out, which supports the idea that the screen will be zoomed out as more Chars r unlocked. and the first pic (idk if u already said this or not) was the Char Select Screen of a new save file, or at least a file without any unlocked chars, because the screen was not zoomed out, it was zoomed in instead, and its probably not a modified pic cus like u said, it said things like:Item, Stage, 40 seconds, Seeking - which told that it was a Online Brawl. If the pic was not from a save file that didnt unlock any chars yet, then it probably would have been zoomed out (may be showing other chars too)

AMPMClock

Smash Apprentice
My predictions for starting roster:
All Melee starters (cept Ness)
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy
Lucas
Wario
Metaknight
Pit
Dedede

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
the starting roster is mario and luigi comes and u have to fight luigi then u have 2 people thast my theory

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Does the change of Sonic and DK to Wario and Kirby in the JumpFesta demo change any of this?

Darkurai

Smash Master
DECONFIRMED
First bullet.

No offense of any kind to SamuraiPanda, since he really thought this out well. But I am so freaking happy he was wrong.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Uh... what does the Jumpfesta character select have to do with this? If anything, it strengthens it a little. Since the same screenshot was shown on the Dojo in Japan, and not a screen that included Kirby/Wario (instead of DK/Sonic) meaning that the roster they showed us really WASN'T the "demo" roster.

Plus, who knows? Maybe the two demos combined make the final starting roster (meaning the E4A roster plus Kirby, Wario, and maybe Zelda). All I know is that I don't want the "theoracy" to be real just as much as other people, but I don't think that this Jumpfesta demo affects the theoracy very much at all, ESPECIALLY because I said that the roster could possibly change to include a few more characters, but not too much of a difference.

Xpressions X

Smash Rookie
Then you can say that anything is part of the the "theoracy." I mean of course the characters at E 4 All were gonna hold most of the starting characters. So basically no one could say that this "theoracy" is wrong, but in the same sense no one can say that initial "theoracy" is correct seeing as it stated and tried to prove that the E for All demo was going to be the starting roster and JumpFesta tells a different tale.

What you can say is good job Panda for the great speculation and diligent effort

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
There's a pretty simple explanation for the E4All demo being the screenshot shown in Japan:

You see, when that update came out, we had already had the E4All demo. There wasn't a JumpFesta demo screenshot to use, seeing as it didn't exist and all.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Uh... what does the Jumpfesta character select have to do with this? If anything, it strengthens it a little. Since the same screenshot was shown on the Dojo in Japan, and not a screen that included Kirby/Wario (instead of DK/Sonic) meaning that the roster they showed us really WASN'T the "demo" roster.

Plus, who knows? Maybe the two demos combined make the final starting roster (meaning the E4A roster plus Kirby, Wario, and maybe Zelda). All I know is that I don't want the "theoracy" to be real just as much as other people, but I don't think that this Jumpfesta demo affects the theoracy very much at all, ESPECIALLY because I said that the roster could possibly change to include a few more characters, but not too much of a difference.
No offense, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
I don't understand your reasoning.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
I don't understand your reasoning.
I have to agree, they are both demos, one is not more important then the other.

IMO, they made these demos to give everyone a healthy taste of a wide range of characters. Especially if the actual starting roster is very small. If one of these were the starting roster, then it would have been consistent throughout the two expos.

I just want to start out with no one but Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby, but that's just me.

>_>

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
The reason why it says stages, items, and seeking on the dojo char. select screen is because that is the screen for the online battles. On the demo version it wouldn't make any sense to have the "seeking" boxes because it wasn't online.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Things I don't like about the theoracy:
-Zelda unlockable: According to you, this is so people can choose which Princess they want better. This is very unfair to Peach fans, as they'll really feel forced to pick Zelda just so she's available in multiplayer. Besides that, Zelda is selectable in a Primid fight before she's even locked up. This is one point that is really backed up very poorly.

-"The Japanese didn't have an E 4 All": They had access to a demo before E 4 All, with the same roster.

-Kirby unlockable/Metaknight starter: Bet you didn't see this one comming/sarcasm; anyway, even if we didn't have the previous games as references, it is still an unlikely event that MetaKnight starts the KIRBY franchise. If MetaKnight was repping his own franchise (MetaKnight doesn't have a franchise) then I'd pass you this one more easily. But saying something like "cool newcomers are sellers and should be on the starting roster" is an easy way out that I don't buy.

-The developers can have the whole select screen programmed and they can easily change the characters shown.

-Unlocking characters so fast in the SSE: I think the SSE can hold it's own without being an unlock-a-thon where you unlock a character every 5 minutes. Same for the Event matches, to an extent.

-Your reasoning for the E 4 All update: Sakurai could still have written it, sent it for translation, and then posted it. Even if it was only in the USA English page. BUT, you could be right too. You just disregard it as quickly as possible with a point that really didn't make it invalid... one would have to ask Nate to really know.

This whole thing is full of too many 'IFs', that I doubt ALL will happen. Had it been fewer 'maybes' I'd accept this better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's always funny when they decide to **** such a well planned out theory.

Not that the entire theory is broken, but now there's a big hole in it.

Personally, I find it hysterical.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced sakurai has revealed any ''spoilers'' yet. At worst, I'd bet all the characters shown so far can be unlocked in the first 30 minutes.

The SSE clips were shown in demos, so they don't really count as spoilers either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom