• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Start Your Engines: Mario Kart 8 is Almost Here!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I wouldn't mind if the smashboards became more nintendo related instead of smash-only. I like this news. Otherwise i'm just here to watch pic of the day and comment, than leave. But I'd say, keep the news coming!

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm sure all of the obvious has been stated, so I'll notice something else I noticed.

There was so much Rosalina in that trailer, I'm starting to think Nintendo is more obsessed with Rosalina than I am. Which is not easy.
I don't think it was as bad as the trailer after she was revealed for smash but still, I love rosie but seriously calm down

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There was so much Rosalina in that trailer, I'm starting to think Nintendo is more obsessed with Rosalina than I am. Which is not easy.
The strange part about this is that we've seen Rosalina in her biker outfit way more than her typical dress in the trailers.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
So worse music and a liberal helping of F-Zero copying, minus the speed of course.
How innovative...
Have you played it no, from the gameplay it plays nothing like F-Zero a similar concept doesn't mean it's copying and it might just be me but this looks alot faster than other mario kart games

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Have you played it no, from the gameplay it plays nothing like F-Zero a similar concept doesn't mean it's copying and it might just be me but this looks alot faster than other mario kart games
No, it won't play like F-Zero. It'll play like Mario Kart but with the coins derived from Diddy Kong Racing and the hover mechanics and attack boosts derived from F-Zero.
My point was not that Mario Kart has changed, infact, it was the opposite of that.

Last edited:

Tyler Ruziak

Smash Cadet
Wow, I'm sure all of the obvious has been stated, so I'll notice something else I noticed.

Well this means Nintendo really wants to add a more new character to the Mario group. & Rosalina's backstory & concept was good in Mario Galaxy. She was even added to Super Smash Bros. Rosalina needs more popularity if Nintendo's making her appear more frequently.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I really hope we do get at least two characters if we do I'd like to see palutena and a revamped ganondorf, that way he can show us how his gameplay is with video rather than pics, C'mon give him the TP sword, pleeeeeeeeeease

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
The strange part about this is that we've seen Rosalina in her biker outfit way more than her typical dress in the trailers.
I noticed that too.
In fact, I think this trailer was the first time we ever saw her with a kart and dress.

And guess what her artwork for the game is?

Are they trying to change her character? Or maybe they just prefer this look. I don't know.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I noticed that too.
In fact, I think this trailer was the first time we ever saw her with a kart and dress.

And guess what her artwork for the game is?

Are they trying to change her character? Or maybe they just prefer this look. I don't know.

I guess i fits racing more and peach's art and most of her gameplay has her in that outfit too

andimidna

Smash Master
Well this means Nintendo really wants to add a more new character to the Mario group. & Rosalina's backstory & concept was good in Mario Galaxy. She was even added to Super Smash Bros. Rosalina needs more popularity if Nintendo's making her appear more frequently.
Well you could argue she needs more popularity before she gets all these appearances, more appearances actually gain her more popularity.

And I do think her popularity has skyrocketed since October, November, and December. Those were the Months of Rosalina inside the Year of Luigi :p
I've noticed she's the most drawn character on Miiverse since December.
Seems she has more fans there than here still.

After Smash Bros is out, and you've got everybody trying the newcomers online and tier lists coming... well.. she really is going to look like the 5th Mario character.
I wonder if she'll be looked at as more prominent than Toad and Bowser Jr in a few years.

I don't think it was as bad as the trailer after she was revealed for smash but still, I love rosie but seriously calm down
Well, it's different from then. They didn't have anything to reveal about her. Of course she was going to be prominent in her reveal trailer.
I don't feel like she's been "overused" quite yet. So I'm not going to say Nintendo should calm down (unless you were telling me to calm down?)... as they've only had one major game revolved around her, SMG1, she was just the super guide in SMG2, along with sending letters throughout the game and appearing in both endings. Wasn't really a prominent appearance. And of course she was playable in SM3DW, but so were Luigi, Peach, and Blue Toad. So it didn't seem "pushed" or "out of place".... especially when you didn't even get her until you beat Bowser and completed the first 2 secret levels.
And yea, this is her 4th Mario Kart game now. But a lot of characters are in Mario Kart, so I don't think that's a big deal either. All she was in Mario Party 3ds was a cameo, and Luma has just a last-minute character for Mario Tennis 3ds.
People over-emphasize the use of, and multiple recent appearances of the character.
I think it's fine.

I guess i fits racing more and peach's art and most of her gameplay has her in that outfit too
True. But I don't think we've seen Daisy's yet.
Nintendo is trying to push her out of the last little bit of spotlight she has :laugh:
Poor daisy, it's Rosalina Time!!!
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well you could argue she needs more popularity before she gets all these appearances, more appearances actually gain her more popularity.

And I do think her popularity has skyrocketed since October, November, and December. Those were the Months of Rosalina inside the Year of Luigi :p

After Smash Bros is out, and you've got everybody trying the newcomers online and tier lists coming... well.. she really is going to look like the 5th Mario character.
I wonder if she'll be looked at as more prominent than Toad and Bowser Jr in a few years.

Well, it's different from then. They didn't have anything to reveal about her. Of course she was going to be prominent in her reveal trailer.
I don't feel like she's been "overused" quite yet. So I'm not going to say Nintendo should calm down (unless you were telling me to calm down?)... as they've only had one major game revolved around her, SMG1, she was just the super guide in SMG2, along with sending letters throughout the game and appearing in both endings. Wasn't really a prominent appearance. And of course she was playable in SM3DW, but so were Luigi, Peach, and Blue Toad. So it didn't seem "pushed" or "out of place".... especially when you didn't even get her until you beat Bowser and completed the first 2 secret levels.
And yea, this is her 4th Mario Kart game now. But a lot of characters are in Mario Kart, so I don't think that's a big deal either. All she was in Mario Party 3ds was a cameo, and Luma has just a last-minute character for Mario Tennis 3ds.
People over-emphasize the use of, and multiple recent appearances of the character.
I think it's fine.
But really she's been in a lot lately and they just need to slow down a little, I mean she was revealed for 3D World, the next month smash and mario kart and I think she's guaranteed to be in mario golf
True. But I don't think we've seen Daisy's yet.
Nintendo is trying to push her out of the last little bit of spotlight she has :laugh:
Poor daisy, it's Rosalina Time!!!
:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:
who actually cares about daisy anymore, so irrelevant

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
But really she's been in a lot lately and they just need to slow down a little, I mean she was revealed for 3D World, the next month smash and mario kart and I think she's guaranteed to be in mario golf
Mario games coming out so often may be the problem.
I'd say that should be what slows down a little, but I prefer they come out more often, honestly.
Some are pretty easy to finish quickly. So if they can keep whipping out some fun games, I'm not going to side against it.
And I hadn't thought about Mario Golf... hmmm... yea, she'll probably be there, but we'll have to wait and see.
who actually cares about daisy anymore, so irrelevant
:laugh: true.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Mario games coming out so often may be the problem.
I'd say that should be what slows down a little, but I prefer they come out more often, honestly.
Still they are really trying to push rosalina as a main character in the mario series and I think it makes sense, she's the sorta strong female type unlike peach who is usually helpless

Last edited:

Toony

Smash Journeyman
They're already some tiny flaws I see :(.

Last edited:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
No, it won't play like F-Zero. It'll play like Mario Kart but with the coins derived from Diddy Kong Racing
Don't be silly. DKR borrowed the coin idea from Super Mario Kart. Furthermore, they were bananas in the former. Also, of course this is gonna play like Mario Kart. That's why it's called "Mario Kart 8," suggesting that it is going to be at least the eighth Mario Kart game.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love the koopalings as racers but I do hope for a more expansive cast aside from baby characters.

Potential new races could include Lubba, Meowser, Kamek, Cosmic Mario, Dixie Kong, Mr. L, and Nabbit.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I love N64's Rainbow Road's music and to see it be one of the tracks recorded from a live performance makes me really happy.

Mario Kart 7 felt like a roller coaster ride in how the tracks were designed and it looks like Mario Kart 8 is running with that concept full throttle.

So looking forward to this.

Also, I think it's sad how some people are annoyed that any other Nintendo game can be featured on Smash Boards. Smash Bros is a crossover of Nintendo's characters. And I'm sure the reason why people love Smash Bros is because of the characters featured within them. So, why is it an issue when the mods post information on games that's source material for the Smash Bros games? I don't get it.

Is Smash Bros the only Nintendo published game you play?

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
It was confirmed by someone playing the demo in a video that the boomerang can be thrown 3 times.
This is a different video than the one I've seen and it's said yet again here, 20:20

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
It was confirmed by someone playing the demo in a video that the boomerang can be thrown 3 times.
This is a different video than the one I've seen and it's said yet again here, 20:20
Waitaminute....Lange? like, dude who animates Death Battle Lange?

ffffffff-anyway, *holditinbrahstopintensifying* I hope the roster gets expanded moreso to all aspects of the Mario Universe, so characters like Nabbit, the RPG characters like Fawful, and maybe even the WarioWare crew could appear in future games.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The topics that you'll see at mariokartwii.com can really be a drag when people are complaining about all the changes that are occurring.

Tyler Ruziak

Smash Cadet

Yeah. Bowser Jr. & Birdo haven't made any appearances lately. Jr should at least be more prominent. Idk why Birdo hasn't been in MK8.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Am I the only one who believes Metal Mario is a waste of space? Other than him, I'm happy with what's going on so far. Glad to see some classic courses looking sweet!

Top Bottom