• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Start of a match and Returning from a lost stock

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
1) You know how when you start a game, the announcer counts down 3-2-1-GO!! What if during that time you could move around but not attack anybody?? I hate when a sudden death starts and im the one sandwhiched in the middle between 2 of my other friends...i think this would add more strategy to the game...

2) Also when someone gets back from losing a stock they are invincible for like 2 sec, i understand this is there so someone wouldn't be able to wait for you to respawn and then combo you immediately, but if you're playin on a small stage like FD in a FFA it allows the person coming back to get a combo off. I think you should be invincible to attacks, but simultaneously you cant attack....

P.S.- i like the game the way it is, but i dont think these would be bad ideas to include in Brawl. feel free to agree, disagree, and add other alternatives!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1) You know how when you start a game, the announcer counts down 3-2-1-GO!! What if during that time you could move around but not attack anybody?? I hate when a sudden death starts and im the one sandwhiched in the middle between 2 of my other friends...i think this would add more strategy to the game...
And then we'd have complaints about how people with speed run off for an unfair start.

2) Also when someone gets back from losing a stock they are invincible for like 2 sec, i understand this is there so someone wouldn't be able to wait for you to respawn and then combo you immediately, but if you're playin on a small stage like FD in a FFA it allows the person coming back to get a combo off. I think you should be invincible to attacks, but simultaneously you cant attack....
Or the person who didn't just die should avoid the returning invincable guy. 2 seconds isn't much to dodge someone for.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Number 1 is interesting, but would be unfair on certain stages.

Number 2 is not so good. Isn't it only fair for the dude who just got KO'd to have a chance at revenge?

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
1. yes I understand what you are saying, but how many times in an actual 4stock 8min match are you going to do Super Sudden Death? To change the start of the match for one event more than likely will not happen. And would give certain characters some advantages.

This is off topic, but I like how they did the original smash better on the pre-game. How like if you where using pikachu, the pokeball was thrown and pikachu appeared. Or if you used Fox, he swooped in from his plane. Instead of being announced 3,2,1 GO! I'd like it to be set up that way in Brawl.

2. If you take away the respawn time away from smash, that allows the character that is already alive to throw the guy that just spawned right into another combo. Which would make some people very unhappy. And dodging some one for a few seconds isn't that bad.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Or the person who didn't just die should avoid the returning invincable guy. 2 seconds isn't much to dodge someone for.
true for 1v1, but im talkin mainly about FFA with a medium to small stage this is hard to do with all the chaos of everone else fighting

Number 1 is interesting, but would be unfair on certain stages.

Number 2 is not so good. Isn't it only fair for the dude who just got KO'd to have a chance at revenge?
1) True

2) I agree cuz i love gettin my revenge, but what about the other PoV, you get punished for killing someone? In other words, it helps the loser to even out the battle, like catch up in mario kart where the person in last place gets a slight speed boost and the best items.

Overall I guess it make the matches closer, therefore more exciting

1. yes I understand what you are saying, but how many times in an actual 4stock 8min match are you going to do Super Sudden Death? To change the start of the match for one event more than likely will not happen. And would give certain characters some advantages.
I would argue changin the start of the match for SSD only then, but Mic has a point about the faster characters....

This is off topic, but I like how they did the original smash better on the pre-game. How like if you where using pikachu, the pokeball was thrown and pikachu appeared. Or if you used Fox, he swooped in from his plane. Instead of being announced 3,2,1 GO! I'd like it to be set up that way in Brawl.
AGREED, i think we all can agree ENTRANCES FTW!!!

2. If you take away the respawn time away from smash, that allows the character that is already alive to throw the guy that just spawned right into another combo. Which would make some people very unhappy. And dodging some one for a few seconds isn't that bad.
The character would still be invulnerable to attacks from other characters for 2 sec, i just suggected that he wouldn't be able attack others for that same amount of time.

Surprisingly intelligent posts so far, gimme more!:chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I disagree with both. the first one would create unfair spacing, and the second one would lead to some cheap KOs and combos.

The invicibility doesn't help my friends because I play as Fox so I run off before they can even get back on the stage.

squaminator

Smash Ace
make all movement speed equal and slow for the first one, and i am onboard, although i like both the ssb64 and the ssbm starts better. also: i understand what you are saying about the second one, but i think that the way it is is optimum.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
personally I want to have severall anouncment voices. Shoot i wouldnt mind havin a ufc one. Are you ready? Are you ready? LEts get it on. Or a hard japanese accent. 1...2.. 3... FIGHT!!!. As for the invincble and stuff. I don't think its unfair. Though that is a part in the game were i do mess up.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
1) Moving around works for games like Power Stone because the characters are so slow. With foxes and falcons and pichus running around for 3 seconds, it would be chaotic and distracting. And unnecessary.

2) Whether or not being able to attack while incinvible is cheap depends entirely on the specific situation. If 3 players are in Hyrule Temple in the little gorge, and YL got off a hylian smash, it would feel cheap. But slower characters would be dead meat if they could not attack. Imagin luigi or pichu waiting for a just-killed character to respawn, then headbutting the s*** out of them?!?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
As for the first option here's a quick example
Fox lands on the ground and runs away from the opponent who is slower
Laser Spammmmzzzzz
Yea i;m not feeling it either

Option Two is just a no i like the way it is its so fair.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Hm, well your first thought was pretty good I suppose. My concern is for fast fallers. Three seconds could be enough to jump off a stage and die. In other words, how would the game adjust to that? Would it remove a stock from you or glitch and let you come back as invincible therefore giving you the upper hand. I know we can't say for sure, but both of these options seem really unfair. You second idea is okay....but I know it only really helps out in 1v1 where you both get a time to wait. However, the 2 second game that ensues when you return from death can make or break a game sometimes. People make mistakes when their oponent is invulnerable to their attacks. It's like the terminator is coming after their stock. So, a maybe for the first and a no for the second. Looks like you won't be going to hollywood....hahaha kidding. You're the man BlueBomber!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
these were just ideas i had since there's no news now, i really could care less if they made it in, jus wanted to hear some feedback thanx guys...

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
personally I want to have severall anouncment voices. Shoot i wouldnt mind havin a ufc one. Are you ready? Are you ready? LEts get it on. Or a hard japanese accent. 1...2.. 3... FIGHT!!!. As for the invincble and stuff. I don't think its unfair. Though that is a part in the game were i do mess up.
Or from DX

"Let me ask you all, Are you ready?

NO, I SAID, ARE YOU READY

Than, for the thousands in attendance, for the millions watching at home, and for Sakurai

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET's Get ready to SUCK ITTTTTT

Top Bottom