• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ STARFURRY 4: TAXIDERMY EDITION ~ With Glen Tennis! - August 3rd, 2013 - Mississauga, Ontario

Free events? We'll do the highest 2.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
THROWING OUT ONE LAST CALL FOR TVS. WE ARE VERY IN NEED OF THEM.

One setup has just been cancelled, so we're left with 4 TVs right now with a couple extra cubes/wiis, and two of those TVs are maybes. I'm still looking around outside of this group for them, but my sources are extremely limited, so I'm mostly relying on you guys. So I must ask:

PLEASE BRING TVS IF YOU CAN. THE MORE WE HAVE, THE BETTER THIS WILL BE; MORE SIMULTANEOUS TOURNAMENT MATCHES, MORE FRIENDLIES, LESS STANDING AROUND WATCHING.

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated by everyone attending. If you're worried about losing track of it, I'll make sure, one way or another, that if it comes with you, it goes home with you. I'm going to post this on the facebook event too, so hopefully we'll get some. I'm sorry to keep asking this, but at this rate we're going to have one TV for each 10 people there. Not fun.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
THROWING OUT ONE LAST CALL FOR TVS. WE ARE VERY IN NEED OF THEM.

One setup has just been cancelled, so we're left with 4 TVs right now with a couple extra cubes/wiis, and two of those TVs are maybes. I'm still looking around outside of this group for them, but my sources are extremely limited, so I'm mostly relying on you guys. So I must ask:

PLEASE BRING TVS IF YOU CAN. THE MORE WE HAVE, THE BETTER THIS WILL BE; MORE SIMULTANEOUS TOURNAMENT MATCHES, MORE FRIENDLIES, LESS STANDING AROUND WATCHING.

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated by everyone attending. If you're worried about losing track of it, I'll make sure, one way or another, that if it comes with you, it goes home with you. I'm going to post this on the facebook event too, so hopefully we'll get some. I'm sorry to keep asking this, but at this rate we're going to have one TV for each 10 people there. Not fun.
QFT. I'll try to bring at least one TV + Setup.

Also let's go back to the old school stage list. Mute city, rainbow cruise, kj64, brinstar, etc.
Awww shieeeet I was just talking about this today - are those CP's banned now?

Edit: Is Pokémon Stadium REALLY the only CP now? Who's idea was it to suck the fun out of this game? Mute City, Poké Floats, Brinstar, and Rainbow Cruise are a must.

Grmo

Smash Champion
QFT. I'll try to bring at least one TV + Setup.

Awww shieeeet I was just talking about this today - are those CP's banned now?

Edit: Is Pokémon Stadium REALLY the only CP now? Who's idea was it to suck the fun out of this game? Mute City, Poké Floats, Brinstar, and Rainbow Cruise are a must.
Sweet, thanks. I bought a couple big TVs from the thrift store today; picking them up in the morning. One's huge and will be awesome for finals. Including yours we should have 9 setups now...possibly even more. Things are looking good.

Also yeah, I agree, to some extent. However, Gentleman's Clause still exists. I, for one, am totally down to play on the stupidest stages for tournament matches. My goal is to play a tournament match on Big Blue.

SSB_Hello

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for this. Will be bringing a set up if possible, the TV I have is rather small but in good condition visually and all.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Is like, not really any specific rules. Just says can play on any stage if both beedrills agree to it. So if you won first game, I'd say "LOL LES PLYE ON BGIG BLOO?!!?" and you say "LOL YEYZYZ!!"! and then chaos ensues.

edit: or we can do on first game, doesn't really matter. Stage list is just default bagels. Grand finals can technically not be on any legal stages.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Anyone able to hook me up with a ride coming from the east? I'm in Etobicoke right by Old Mill Subway Station.

Will help with gas. Really wanna try to make it to this.

Don't really know the GO train too well and I'm not too familiar with the area and my phone doesnt have signal here since I'm with a US carrier so I'd prefer a ride as I don't reallllly feel comfortable with the bus. Don't wanna get lost with no phone.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Had a ton of fun today. Played on some stupidly awesome stages aha. Great games everyone!

Come out to A&C next week! :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This was a really fun tournament.
See, Ganon has tons of tricks. =D As we talked about, there's still things i need to brush up on. It's chill though. We need to MM next time!

Personally, it definitely felt very good to do crazy setups and hit stuff with Ganon.. there's no other feeling. lol.

unknown522

Some guy
See, Ganon has tons of tricks. =D As we talked about, there's still things i need to brush up on. It's chill though. We need to MM next time!

Personally, it definitely felt very good to do crazy setups and hit stuff with Ganon.. there's no other feeling. lol.
vids or it didn't happen

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
'Bout time some actual **** happens in 'Sauga.

Too bad I'm **** in Melee so I won't bother coming.

But good to see the city on the list.:yeahboi:

Top Bottom