• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft: Ghost

firaga01

Smash Lord
this game kinda seems a little........blurry....

i mean, come on. do u really think the GCN is capable of producing those graphics? and i fell srry for PS2 with its low-tech graphics processor.

sadly, blizzard is pretty good with stopping leaks, so we cant find anything out than what is already handed to us

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Blurry....
Well.....
The game WAS running on Gamecube hardware...
I don't see how it's "blurry" unless the screens are low quality...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Starcraft 2 vs. Starcraft: ghost

Today I got into a debate at the local EB games with an employee. We were talking about Blizzard games, when things turned Starcraft. Pretty soon she was complaining that she "wanted Starcraft 2". Now I know a lot of people have this opinion, but my idea on this is as follows:

If Starcraft 2 came out now, what would it be?
Warcraft 3, except Starcraft?

It seems possible. If they would make Starcraft 2, they might simply use the Warcraft 3 engine. Now some of us know, last time Blizzard tried to do that, the results were TERRIFYING.

So I think that, yes, Starcraft 2 IS preferred, but IF Ghost means Starcraft will be more advanced than Warcraft, than MAYBE the wait is worth it.

INFESTD

Raging Pirate
BRoomer
his game is lookin mighty sweet. And I'd just like to point out that there mystery unit has a cape.

This is a buyer for me, and chaotic, you play SC anymore? Cause i've been playing it again and i've gotta fairly better than are last bout.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
We gotta all group together for one more 'bout of Starcraft. I've adjusted to Warcraft 3 enough to make me worswe at Starcraft, and still bad at Warcraft 3... sigh... Oh well, Starcraft is still a great game and we should get together and play once more.

spaz519

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yah! EVERYONE who reads this, go and post in the link in my sig...I hope itll be handy for organizing SC and other tourneys...

Hmm...has anyone heard anything new on Ghost for a while? Seems quiet from Blizz...too quiet...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Blizzard's been a little quiet. Hopefully that means they're next update will mean a cinematic trailer =). Until then, we can all sit and anticipate the game to end ALL console games. Yes, even Animal Crossing (Sorry, Starcraft will ALWAYS come first).

Hawaiianbum007

Smash Apprentice
i would have perferred starcraft 2 at first but craftstar makes a good point. It would not be anything but may be a new race like the....... (sifting me eyes to the left and right) well anyways if anyone read PC gamer their was a little cover of the 200th issue in 2010 or somthing and in a side note there was some thing about Starcraft 2 just coming out. i thought that was pretty funny but i hope it doent take that long.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Okay, well I this isn't a double post because of a two day gap. Anyways, the trailer was amazing, and even people who were all anti-ghost are now claiming "it's pretty cool, I guess."

firaga01

Smash Lord
i cant believe Blizzard is making it for PS2 after all.:confused:....that rumor that they hated sony seemed so true...........

anyways, this game looks awesome. i just hope they add onto the SC storyline somehow. it hasnt been updated in, oh, five years or so? i wonder whatever happened to the hybrids Duran Planted, perhaps they have some role in this?

and what about the redemption of Aiur? i hope the protoss finally get off Shakuras.

also, is Nova working for the Dominion or is she a mercenary due to the fall of the UED in the Koprulu Sector? it looks like she may be a renegade since shes firing at red-colored marines.

but then, how did she get Battlecruiser support in the Zerg-battle scene?

so many questions....so little answers.....they make firaga go crazy:crazy:

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure I heard she is a Ghost within the dominion, which may explain her anti-protoss sentiments. Who knows what the story line is about, but it has been proven that 3rd person shooters can have AMAZING storylines (MGS1+2). My idea is that maybe since the UED went out to the Koprulu sector and got destroyed, it left Earth defenceless, and maybe there are problems at the OTHER side of the galaxy on Earth... Although, that is a very long ways away from Koprulu.... Who knows?

Huddlebum

Smash Apprentice
Re: Starcraft 2 vs. Starcraft: ghost

Originally posted by Craftstar

It seems possible. If they would make Starcraft 2, they might simply use the Warcraft 3 engine. Now some of us know, last time Blizzard tried to do that, the results were TERRIFYING.
What game did Blizzard rehash the engine? Was it WC2:BNE? I don't know this and I was just wondering...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Starcraft was originally using the Warcraft 2 engine. They redid it of course, but man... It wasn't too pretty for the little while it was using the engine :p

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
In IGN's article "Fact or Fiction", IGN talked about a rumor that Starcraft: Ghost could be an X-Box exclusive. They said first of all that it would be coming out for only one console, either GameCube or X-Box and that it is beginning to look more like an X-Box exclusive. Just when I was getting to like this game, they have to go ahead and push it away from me.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
IGN says a lot of things--and while Blizzard has been vitually silect about SC: Ghost, they continue to maintain the game will be release for all next-gen consoles virtually right away.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
New stuff from E3, including a really sweet 49 second video of it in action!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/513/513729p1.html
That above link should send you to a page with interviews, hands-on impressions, screenshots, and a movie, which rocks.

Nova's in her invivisible mode in the beginning, having to sneak around a walking guard. She opens the door to the inside of some station but closes it again (I guess if the door is open when you kill, enemies outside can hear?). Then Nova performs a stealth kill, which afterwards results in her scanning the body. The scan reveals some sort of emblem, possibly for ammo. Then the player drags the body and sort of tosses it into a darkerish corner of the room.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
You forgot to mention the fact that Nova looks incredibly sexy throughout this video ;) It looks awesome so far, I'm definitely keeping my eye on this game.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
This game was been announced so long ago (sometime in 02) that I was surprised lately, when I realized that it hasnt been released yet. Well, it's good that Blizzard is so dedicated to working on the game details and bugs or they forgot about it when they trying to do WarcraftIII.

Either way, I hope they quickly finish the game soon

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
strange...

It seems Nova is hungry...

If she isn't why is she eating her pants?

Dapenda

Smash Champion
?? she's eating her pants? she's hungry? which photo or statement shows that?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
WAH!:cry:

In a brief statement made public last Friday evening, Blizzard Entertainment (the only divison not affect by layoffs from Vivendi Universal) officials addressed all of the delays to Starcraft: Ghost, a version of Starcraft on consoles. The game was being developed by Nihilistic Software under the supervision of Blizzard Entertainment.

Admitting that the company was "very committed to StarCraft: Ghost as a major part of our lineup," Blizzard President Mike Morhaime went on to say that this last delay would let the company "polish the game until it meets the high standards that our customers have come to expect from Blizzard products." The game was scheduled for a 2003 release, but it was delayed that pushed its release to 2004. The game will now miss its 2004 release.

Morhaime continued by saying Blizzard was "sorry to disappoint players with a delayed launch, but [we] are confident that we will deliver a great game with the additional development time."

In addition, Blizzard has confirmed that Nihilistic Software, the studio that had been working on the project since its beginning is no longer working on the game.
Come ON! How long does it take to polish something!?!

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
They delay the game and announce kicking Nihilistic off the project. I can't help but wonder if they're related. But Blizzard is a company that has proved they'd rather delay a project tens times over or cancel it altogether (Warcraft Adventures) then release something that won't be hailed as "one of the greatest games of all time".

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Blizzard picked out a new developer...

Swingin' Ape Studios!

Two weeks ago Nihilistic, previous developers for StarCraft: Ghost, were dropped by Blizzard due to "timing issues" and Blizzard promised that they would evaluate other developers.

Blizzard have now announced that Swingin' Ape Studios have been given the rights and are currently working on the game. As well as this they have the rights to collaboratively develop titles for all consoles for all of Blizzards licenses, including Warcraft and Diablo.

Blizzard's co-founder and president Mike Morhaime spoke highly about the developers. "The team at Swingin' Ape Studios is a very talented group of developers with a proven ability to deliver extraordinary games. We're confident that this partnership will result in titles that achieve the level of quality that players have come to expect from Blizzard products."

- Cube-Europe

I'm kinda interested in the game again, especially with Swingin' Ape Studios now being the developer. They did an awesome job with sleeper hit Metal Arms: Glitch in the System last year. If you haven't tried Metal Arms you should pick it up, it's only $20 dollars due to lack of sales. The game is very good and it was left off for a sequel... The sequel was canned because of the bad sales, though. My second favorite game of 2003.

Zuka Zamamee

Smash Cadet
From what I have heard "Starcraft Ghost" is going to follow the same story line as "Starcraft. It should be pretty cool considering you get to fight you old enemy hand to hand (hydralisks, Ultralisks, etc). I consider this one a must rent (I'm broke.....).

I'm waiting on the next strategy Starcraft game coming on the pc. For those who haven't heard of it, it's called "Starcraft Xel'Naga". To understand the story line you have to beat a sertain level in Brood War (secret level. I won't get into it). I heard another way to understand it is by reading the books.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Originally posted by Zuka Zamamee
From what I have heard "Starcraft Ghost" is going to follow the same story line as "Starcraft. It should be pretty cool considering you get to fight you old enemy hand to hand (hydralisks, Ultralisks, etc). I consider this one a must rent (I'm broke.....).

I'm waiting on the next strategy Starcraft game coming on the pc. For those who haven't heard of it, it's called "Starcraft Xel'Naga". To understand the story line you have to beat a sertain level in Brood War (secret level. I won't get into it). I heard another way to understand it is by reading the books.
Uhhhh... you're wrong. About everything.

Starcraft: Ghost takes place after Starcraft: Brood War. It's not coming out until next year or so, so you should be able to get some cash by then.

And Blizzard entertainment has not announced any plans on a sequel to Starcraft on PC, though most fans feel it's just around the corner. While a Zel'Naga storyline arc is definatly possible, that is not confirmed as the game itself may not even exist.

Don't argue with me on this in any way. I know so much about Blizzard and their games that your head would spin. I staff at a fansite dedicated to World of Warcraft.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sadly, I really don't see any indication of a new Starcraft for a long time. Rumors when World of Warcraft where announced , was that Blizzard opted not to make a new Starcraft and instead work on Warcraft and Diablo games. Blizzard has made mention the next Diablo game will not be like the rest since the last one was the last Isometric 2d game. I really want Starcraft, no **** Warcraft.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Warcraft IV is a long time coming, don't worry that it will come before SC2.

Blizzard has essentially four "teams".

Blizzard South Team 1
Blizzard South Team 2
Blizzard North
The guys working on SC Ghost.

Blizzard North is working on whatever they're working on. BNorth is not responsible for Starcraft or Warcraft, so whatever their unannounced project is, it's definatly not one of those. Most bets are on a new game series.

Blizzard South Team 1 finished The Frozen Throne and have moved on to a unannounced project--possibly (probably) Starcraft 2.

Blizzard South Team 2 was created to produce World of Warcraft and maintain it after its release.

So you see, WoW isn't slowing the production of what could be SC2.

And of course, WoW is better than SC2 any day, since it such an amazing game (you can take my wor d on that).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's an MMO that costs money, that alone is a huge hinderence. I have played too many MMOs to ever go back to once that cost money. I will stick with UO Free Shards and Project Entropia for now.

Zuka Zamamee

Smash Cadet
Uhhhh... you're wrong. About everything.

Starcraft: Ghost takes place after Starcraft: Brood War. It's not coming out until next year or so, so you should be able to get some cash by then.

And Blizzard entertainment has not announced any plans on a sequel to Starcraft on PC, though most fans feel it's just around the corner. While a Zel'Naga storyline arc is definatly possible, that is not confirmed as the game itself may not even exist.

Don't argue with me on this in any way. I know so much about Blizzard and their games that your head would spin. I staff at a fansite dedicated to World of Warcraft.
I might get money to buy it but I don't know it all depends on if it appeals to me by then.

If you want proof on the game I can get you information on the game. I can give you links to pictures/ movies/ pages with words (god, that part made me sound stupid).

I have no intentions on argueing with you because I don't visit this site to start an argument. I also have no intentions on douting your credibility on any subject Warcraft.... even though I thought this was a thread on Starcraft.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I'd very much like to see your "proof" on the Starcraft sequel =)

And yes this thread is about SC: Ghost. I really hope everything goes well for Ghost with all the trouble surrounding it.

As far as plot goes, I can't wait to see how SC: ghost bridges the gap between Starcraft and its inevitable sequel.

I don't want to argue either, since I know I'm right :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I would also love to see this "proof".

(It's probably some fan art from somewhere)

*Waits for Ghost*

Zuka Zamamee

Smash Cadet

I don't want to argue either, since I know I'm right :D
Yea.... someones full on themself. And besides for some who doens't want to "argue" you have a weird way of showing it. And before I forget-

http://files.filefront.com/3217574;...ur/Modifications/StarCraft Xelnaga Vengeance/
What you will find here is a downloadable trailor for Xel'naga.

http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/1530/
You can find pics there, theres about four pages worth so keep yourself busy.

One of the main reason you might not have heard of this game is becuase it's not Blizzard whose developing it, Westwood Studios is the games devloper. They are both owned by the same company, so I really don't think it's going to stray from the storyline to much.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow, I really don't know if you are joking or stupid.
I'm REALLY hoping the first one though.

Ghost should be good, but from what I have heard it will be more action than stealth. YAY!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Zuka
1. The first file is for Command & Conquer Generals.
2. Notice the MODS bit in the second adress? as in MODS of a current game? A game that has been MODIFIED?
3. Westwood EXIST NO MORE! They "Merged" with EA. Blizzard OWN Starcraft.

Craftstar, please flame away.:D

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
The site is MOD database. It's a mod. I really hope you know what a mod is =)

Basically what Mic said. It's not Starcraft II. It's some fans of Starcraft modding whatever game with their own 3d models and whatnot. When you see Starcraft player skins in JA or any FPS, usually you don't call it SC2 :p

And I don't need to flame anyone =)

Just remember, if I said it, I'm right (refer to sig).

Top Bottom