• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox Zero (developed by EAD themselves with Platinum Games!)

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Looks terrible. The geometry is lousy, the lighting is bad, the worlds look completely empty, and the game has worse textures than Star Fox Adventures. But it doesn't end there. No multiplayer, strange slow emptiness, janky animations, lack of anything really new and interesting with the property... this is just absolute Wii U burn-off filler. My biggest disappointment of E3 by far. This game looks like it was rushed together so Nintendo could have something for the holidays. It looks like it was made to check a box off of a list rather than to move the IP forward in a meaningful way. Its lack of ambition is startling, and I fear that when this game inevitably bombs, Nintendo is going to use its low sales as an excuse to claim that nobody cares about Star Fox anymore.

It's a re-imaging of a re-imagining that also had a remake for 3DS. They're rehashing a game we've all played to death with the same planets, the same enemies, the same characters (RIP Krystal), and even the same bland level design. Depressing.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I remember when I was watching the Digital Event, the trailer actually made me hyped (that was before the Digital Event when downhill). The helicopter thing with its first-person robot and the chicken Airwing interested me a lot. However, I came to realize that the game doesn't seem to be that impressive actually... A lot of the footage we've seen doesn't seem to try to differentiate itself from SF64, gameplay or even environment-wise, and the graphics... yeah, looking at them again, they don't really look impressive.

I'm hoping the game's graphics will get some improvements and that level design will try to be more ambitious in future footage, but I'm not hyped as I originally was for this game; of course I don't give my hopes up too much. Not sure if gyro controls will justify the experience as a whole... (especially considering I didn't like them much in SF64 3D)

finalark

SNORLAX
Looks terrible. The geometry is lousy, the lighting is bad, the worlds look completely empty, and the game has worse textures than Star Fox Adventures. But it doesn't end there. No multiplayer, strange slow emptiness, janky animations, lack of anything really new and interesting with the property... this is just absolute Wii U burn-off filler. My biggest disappointment of E3 by far. This game looks like it was rushed together so Nintendo could have something for the holidays. It looks like it was made to check a box off of a list rather than to move the IP forward in a meaningful way. Its lack of ambition is startling, and I fear that when this game inevitably bombs, Nintendo is going to use its low sales as an excuse to claim that nobody cares about Star Fox anymore.
I think you're jumping the gun on a lot of things here, and I doubt it's a conspiracy to give Nintendo an excuse to stop making Star Fox. And IMO, the game looks pretty good most certainly better than Star Fox Adventures does. Plus the game is still in development and won't hit store shelves until the end of the year, there's still plenty of time toe clean up visual issues.

I don't think anyone has said anything either way for multiplayer, though.

It's a re-imaging of a re-imagining that also had a remake for 3DS. They're rehashing a game we've all played to death with the same planets, the same enemies, the same characters (RIP Krystal), and even the same bland level design. Depressing.
This I agree with. If you have anyone to blame here, don't blame Nintendo. Blame the very vocal Star Fox fans who swear by Star Fox 64 and won't accept anything else as a "real" Star Fox game.

Shog

Smash Ace
This I agree with. If you have anyone to blame here, don't blame Nintendo. Blame the very vocal Star Fox fans who swear by Star Fox 64 and won't accept anything else as a "real" Star Fox game.
I count myself as a 64 purist.
The only thing I care about in Star Fox:
#1GOOD ARWING FFS(badass, fun to play, simply amazing)
#2 Witty/Funny Dialogue (WHO IS THE CREATOR :101: COCKY LITTLE FREAKS!!)
#3 LEVELS ARE FUN TO PLAY !

That's all I need, those 3 things: Fun Gameplay, ESPECIALLY amazing Arwing (concepts), Dialogue to be memorable/cheesy

You can add as many Krystal, Slippy Jr. and Pigma X Wolf into these games, I don't cäre, I simply want those 3 things as a N64 purist or however you call that:006:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724

Hay. This is not Star Fox 64 U Like He Said
I remember when I was watching the Digital Event, the trailer actually made me hyped (that was before the Digital Event when downhill). The helicopter thing with its first-person robot and the chicken Airwing interested me a lot. However, I came to realize that the game doesn't seem to be that impressive actually... A lot of the footage we've seen doesn't seem to try to differentiate itself from SF64, gameplay or even environment-wise, and the graphics... yeah, looking at them again, they don't really look impressive.

I'm hoping the game's graphics will get some improvements and that level design will try to be more ambitious in future footage, but I'm not hyped as I originally was for this game; of course I don't give my hopes up too much. Not sure if gyro controls will justify the experience as a whole... (especially considering I didn't like them much in SF64 3D)

Shog

Smash Ace
Oh No.
Please
Don't make the controls be bad, make them enjoyable after you master them.
I don't ask for story, super great levels.
Just for having fun riding around in a badass Arwing like in Starfox 64 please ;-;

Quillion

Smash Hero
Oh No.
Please
Don't make the controls be bad, make them enjoyable after you master them.
I don't ask for story, super great levels.
Just for having fun riding around in a badass Arwing like in Starfox 64 please ;-;
They said the motion controls can be turned off anyway. Now, if they don't have single-stick at all, that will be a problem.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So as a newfound Star Fox fanboy, I decided to make a Zelda-esque Star Fox timeline, since it's obvious every game can't happen in the same timeline, and since multiple endings exist in various games. I made it because a lot of people wonder how Star Fox: Zero could fit, so I gave it a tentative placement.

http://i.imgur.com/EwN423s.jpg

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
So as a newfound Star Fox fanboy, I decided to make a Zelda-esque Star Fox timeline, since it's obvious every game can't happen in the same timeline, and since multiple endings exist in various games. I made it because a lot of people wonder how Star Fox: Zero could fit, so I gave it a tentative placement.

http://i.imgur.com/EwN423s.jpg
Ok , I decided to make a Art Star Fox timeline.
Star Fox 64:GCR: Star Fox Zero :GCR:Star Fox: Farewell, Beloved Falco:GCR:Star Fox Adventures:GCR:Star Fox: Assault
:GCR:Star Fox Recon

Last edited:
Top Bottom