• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
"This time, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, many stages will undergo elaborate changes during battle."

does that mean that more stages will be banned?

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
Not nessicarily. Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Criuse, and Poke Floats are all legal stages. As long as a stage doesn't cause random death, it'll most likely be legal.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Changes will be purely cosmetic. Maybe some platforms will tilt here or there but most of the changes will be day/night shift and summer/winter changes.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I find it strange that people have to analyze this when the answer is right on the same page.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
How would the change a stage to make it more fair? If certain characters are used then the shape changes to suit that characters style? Or if someone is winning and swarm of bees comes down and stings them to death so the character staggers off like a zombie and is unable to see through their **** filled eyes and so they fall of the stage only be to be swallowed by a Norwegian.

Mama

Smash Ace
It could go either way. Pokemon Stadium is a great level imo and more levels that can change terrain in a non deadly way (unlike Brinstar Depths) are welcome. I think alot of the changes might be cosmetic though. But who knows

Keta

Smash Journeyman
For Battlefield it states "On Battlefield, the main platform will not change..."

Then "But then evening comes..."

..and it looks like the top platform could be missing, but it's hard to tell due to the angle.

Then it looks like the left platform could be missing at night.

Might all stages has some sort of change as time goes by?

Hopefully there will be an option to turn stages effects on or off this time.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Well, I only find it good that the stages are so diverse!
It's part of Smash's charm!

spjd

Smash Apprentice
True... But I'd still like to have stages that are just simple, like FD and Battlefield.
Of course, and there's probably gonna be quite a few of those also. I believe I've seen at least three already.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If you ask me I idea rocks!! it makes the stage look like it's going in real time and that players are actually smashing through a whole day, so as for the legal thing I think it should because it might no affect the players, maybe just the background

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
For Battlefield it states "On Battlefield, the main platform will not change..."

Then "But then evening comes..."

..and it looks like the top platform could be missing, but it's hard to tell due to the angle.

Then it looks like the left platform could be missing at night.

Might all stages has some sort of change as time goes by?

Hopefully there will be an option to turn stages effects on or off this time.

I thought the same thing, and I tried to look at the platforms, but it seems that they all stay there throughout the entire course of time of the stage.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
That yoshi stage looks amazing. I think it's based off of Yoshi's Island, though.

EDIT: I just noticed the moon on Battlefield in the world trailer. It seems to be moving quite quickly.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Do we have a list of the stages that Have appeared in the trailers yet? I tried search but nothing came up.

If not, anyone want to make a list?

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
when I thought of stages undergoing platform changes, I was thinking more of the desctructable platforms in that one trailer. I would also like to see some more assymetrical stages, I think that would be really cool and would be a neat twist on "regular" smash.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Pit's, that Fire Emblem castle, Pokemon Stadium, the Metal Gear Solid stage, Battlefield, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Story and the Halberd. Think that's it.

As a side note, how cool would it be for the entire Kid Icarus stage to be destructible? Since Kid Icarus was a vertical-scrolling game, you could fall to the next iteration of the stage, and it could loop between three or four of them.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the portion of the Nintendo World Trailer with the Atlas-like statues holding up the platforms. Another Pit Stage?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Pit's, that Fire Emblem castle, Pokemon Stadium, the Metal Gear Solid stage, Battlefield, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Story and the Halberd. Think that's it.

As a side note, how cool would it be for the entire Kid Icarus stage to be destructible? Since Kid Icarus was a vertical-scrolling game, you could fall to the next iteration of the stage, and it could loop between three or four of them.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the portion of the Nintendo World Trailer with the Atlas-like statues holding up the platforms. Another Pit Stage?
ya I saw that stage. I recently played and beaten kid icarus for the NES, but I've never seen a stage where the platforms could be broken nor stages with ppl holding it up, but since kid icarus is such a greek mythology based game, I'm guess that's where it's from.

btw, the Halberd, where is that from? or am I just being stupid? lol ...(wait, is that the fox stage?)

Top Bottom