• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stages to ban, open for discussion

pastaboy

Smash Champion
best stages to ban against each character for diddy(if you know ur oppenents char) a majorty of the outcome of a match relys on those stupid stages. so i thot it wuld help out some ppl to know what stages to ban so you don't **** urself over.
i was going to do coutnerpicks as well but diddy always excels on flat stages anyway

Metaknight
ban: luigi's mansion,distant planet, rainbow cruise, jungle japes,lylat

Snake
ban: battle field, lylat cruise

King DDD
ban: castle seige, delfino plaza

Mr G&W
ban: delfino plaza, corneria(low ceilings) luigi's mansion

Falco
ban: jungle japes, pirate ship,

ROB
ban: lylat, halberd, delfino plaza,frigate orpheon

Marth
ban: battlefield, delfino plaza

Wario
ban: brinstar, frigate orpheon

Lucario
ban: luigis mansion?

DK
ban: battlefield, delfino

Pikachu
ban: norfair, battlefield,corneria

IC
ban: battlefield

Kirby
ban: yoshi's island?

Pit
ban: delfino plaza, battlefield

Wolf
ban: yoshi's island

Toon Link

Olimar

Fox
ban: cornaria

Zelda

Zamus
ban: brinstar

Bowser
ban: brinstar,battlefield

Luigi

Peach
ban: yoshi's story

Ike
ban:

Shiek
ban:battlefield

Lucas
ban: battlefield,delfino

Ness
ban: delfino

Mario
ban:

Pokemon Trainer
ban: pirate ship

Samus
ban:

Yoshi
ban:

Sonic
ban: final destination ( lol don't do it)

Jigglypuff
ban: Delfino, pirate ship

Ganondorf
ban: delfino plaza

Link
ban:

Cptn. Falcon
ban:

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
ICs ban: Battlefield, short stage so they can easily CG walk you over to the edge for a spike,
I don't think you should Ban lylat against wolf, he gimps himself pretty bad there thanks to his weird recovery.

Add Frigate to the list of stages to ban against R.O.B

Irsic

Smash Ace
I like Lylat, I find it extremely easy to gimp people on.

But that because I main Lucas', too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lylat is Wolfs worst stage. Try to fight him either there or on Luigis mansion...imo
Vs Wolf you should ban Smashville and Yoshi's Island...

I could give you lots of other tips if you like...

ADHD

Smash Hero
Seriously ban lylat vs metaknight, it's hard to win against him on that stage and he can get you offstage easier, just in case you forgot the stage moves and I can't tell you how many times I've up b'd into the moving ledge and died...

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Lylat is Wolfs worst stage. Try to fight him either there or on Luigis mansion...imo
Vs Wolf you should ban Smashville and Yoshi's Island...

I could give you lots of other tips if you like...
i wuld ban yoshi's for wolf i guess

i wuld NVR ban fd or smahsville as diddy, no matter how well other charecters do on a flat stage DIDDYS entire game relys on those flat stages.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
ROB is almost invincible on Lylat. He gimps like no tomorrow, can camp, can easily recover and has some low platforms for easy usmashes...

Believe me, you'd rather fight ROB on halberd than on Lylat...

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Against ROB with Diddy, you've got to ban either Japes or Orpheon. Orpheon is the predominant stage there so that's a good ban, but Diddy can't really out-damage ROB on Japes so its likely you'll get camped.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I usually just ban BF every time, because I'm doing pretty bad there... every other stage is better for me :)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Against Donkey Kong. Ban Smashville because DK can carry Diddy and easily jump off the stage and stage spike him.

Also ban Delfino because DK's Dtilt traps Diddy Kong really easily and that has happenend to me -_-

Luigi player

Smash Master
DKs best stage is probably Brinstar. I never lost there (except once, but I made a mistake and it was just a friendly).

Smashville banning against DK? I don't understand why... Stagespike? Well, he can do that at Bf, Fd and other ones too.

I'd rather ban Bf because DK is good with platforms and Diddy isn't... but my best stage as DK is Brinstar :) I like to call it DKs auto-win stage.

Luigi player

Smash Master
its because smashville is a shorter stage so you can walk to the ledges faster. but i agree to ban BF over smashville.
Well, but I don't think Bf is much larger lol (if it even is larger...).

And also Diddy needs as many flat stages as possible.
If you ban smashville there aren't many good Diddy stages left, and if you already won at Fd... I wouldn't really know what to choose then if smashville is gone...

And what if the DK bans fd?

I wouldn't want Bf against DK ^^ (well, I wouldn't choose Bf against anyone.. I hate Bf...)

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Well, but I don't think Bf is much larger lol (if it even is larger...).

And also Diddy needs as many flat stages as possible.
If you ban smashville there aren't many good Diddy stages left, and if you already won at Fd... I wouldn't really know what to choose then if smashville is gone...

And what if the DK bans fd?

I wouldn't want Bf against DK ^^ (well, I wouldn't choose Bf against anyone.. I hate Bf...)
exactly i wuld rather ban a platform stage then a flat stage, NVR ban a flat stage.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hmm i had to think about this for a while.
The water parts of the stage can help with rest, the walk off parts of the stage make it easy for her to fair>fair>fair dead or bair>bair>bair dead and also when the stage is making the transition she can make some suprises from coming from underneath. i guess its nothign drastic but its just something to consider.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Against Donkey Kong. Ban Smashville because DK can carry Diddy and easily jump off the stage and stage spike him.

Also ban Delfino because DK's Dtilt traps Diddy Kong really easily and that has happenend to me -_-
you can tech that with practice

ban any gay stage with jiggz, she's hard to hit enough we don't need to make it any more difficult LOL

rainbow cruise is good for diddy dittos someone showed me because if you cp another diddy to rainbow cruise while you know how to fight on that stage, he's screwed.

campy falcos are so god **** annoying on FD so it should be considered to ban that maybe

DUB

Smash Lord
I like playing BF as Diddy lately. I'm not sure why, I think the platforms allow me to combo more but I still go for FD and Smashville.

I DO NOT LIKE Yoshi's Story with Diddy. higher platform always messes up my naners and popgun is no good from the far edges. also the heigh difference of floor messes up naners sometimes. Anyone else think this is bad for Diddy?

pastaboy

Smash Champion
bf is still good but its hard to get some intense banana combos in, but its not impossible so i like it, plus having bananas go on to the platforms canunintensionally screw up your opponent.

i agree with everything you stated for yoshis story, the angle you see the platform messes up ur naner game pretty badly

Luigi player

Smash Master
For some reason I like Yoshis Story much more than BF.

At least on YS I can come back to the stage savely if I'm coming from above... BF ****s me up, but that's probably just me.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
bf is still good but its hard to get some intense banana combos in, but its not impossible so i like it, plus having bananas go on to the platforms canunintensionally screw up your opponent.

i agree with everything you stated for yoshis story, the angle you see the platform messes up ur naner game pretty badly
yeah I totally agree with this.
opponents may be trying to take advantage of platforms, but bananas can go anywhere.

I mean at the same time, its a pain to get good combos with bananas, its kinda balanced if you think about it.

DUB

Smash Lord
A little list of mine.

I dont like:

Yoshi's Story - slopes and that tilting platform >.<
Rainbow - obvious
Halberd - low platform in the middle isnt cool
Norfair - obvious
Brinstar - obvious and lava doesnt let you get dairs and diddy humps as frequently
Jungle Japes- platforms too short

Top Bottom