• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages for Jiggs

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Rather new to playing Jiggs, I just picked her up this last quarter.

I know that Dreamland is almost always the counterpick for Jiggs, but I was wondering, how do you play Jiggs on Brinstar? How about RC?

Are there different strategies for the other neutrals?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
On Brinstar just sass people and play more defensive than usual until the lava comes up in some way and then try to make them touch the lava in any way you can. Hit them into it, throw them into it, whatever. Lava is good for Jigglypuff.

Versus Ice Climbers, just constantly keep the level split and try to control the bigger half of the level if you can. Harass safely, retreat when you have to, etc.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
IC's are rough against my jiggs, but with Nana out of the picture its really easy. I don't really like Brinstar with Jiggs unless you can capitalize on the lava. I love resting someone off of a lava bounce. I feel that the stage screws with ground players much more, but the relatively low ceiling on Brinstar and rainbow, make it something to look out for in a counterpick... especially the beginning and end of rainbow.

So what're other good counterpicks? Stadium seems ok, fd is ok, fod seems ok

Feelings on Kongo Jungle???

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Thanks!

It would be nice to see a more in depth layout on how to play on each stage against what characters...

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
i wouldnt Counter pick pokemon stadium with jiggs. try to stick to DL, brinstar, FoD and FD. mabey battlefield too. ranbow cruise is usually a pretty bad jiggs stage

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Why is RC a bad stage for Jiggs?

I know it has a low ceiling, and that's bad, but apart from that, are there any other reasons?

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
For RC, ur Jiggs should be pretty good with platform mobility, cause other characters can maneuver more quickly on them... BUT jiggs can force them where she wants them which is a plus.

Low ceiling is a pretty big factor. It is really really low at times. I guess another reason it may be bad is the close sidewalls could turn any fsmash into death a mid percent... escpecially if you mess up the di

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
It hardcore messes with Falcon. I seem to do well on FoD. It is still tempting to choose DL against those two unless its banned.

RC is TERRIBLE for Puff.

You guys are forgetting Fountain of Dreams. It's arguably one of Puff's best stages against Fox and Falcon, if not the best.
Whats your personal favorite Juan?

Sim

Smash Apprentice
I love FoD.

It's quite for me to explain why I like the stage with puff, but it seems other characters have difficulties spacing their moves around dealing with the moving platforms, small map and such, while you're pretty free to roam around. Also, once the Space Animals™ get thrown off stage, it's quite easy to end their stock once and for all on FoD.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
KJ64 works perfecly against a few characters, timing out shouldn´t be that hard(stage balance anyone?).

Top Bottom