• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Idea Thread (post stage ideas you have!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Hello again, folks! I got another stage for you, once again one I've made in the stagebuilder!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Aperture Science!

Name: Aperture Science

Game: Portal/Portal 2

Stagebuilder Background: Space works, sort of.

Description: What you see is what you get here, folks. All five platforms are completely solid. No drop-throughs of any kind.

If I had more freedom: First of all, I'd make the center platform able to be passed through from below, but not dropped-through. Secondly, PORTALS. Every so often, two random platforms (except the center one) would get a portal on them. One blue and one orange, of course. Entering one would cause you to leave the other, with the same velocity as when you entered it. after a few seconds, the portals would disappear.

There you go! Simple and efficient, just like Aperture Science itself. What's not to love? Well, that's about all I've got for now. Until next time... later!

(pssssst. pssssssssst. You like stages, right? I like stages too. That's why I made this thing. Go lookit. It's pretty cool)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Here's one I threw together real quick today.

Forest Maze
Super Mario RPG (SNES)

This stage is based on the Forest Maze from Super Mario RPG! In a similar fashion to the old Mushroom Kingdom stage, there are three places to warp through to the other tree stumps. There's a tree on the right side that is usable for jumping up to the top part's right side, but that's basically the only gimmicks.

I know, kinda boring for me but I did it real quick.

Uhh.. to unlock, I guess unlock Geno. Which means beating Classic Mode with Paper Mario. :) and buying Geno from Square

Music:

Geno's Song/Forest Maze (Super Mario RPG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmbqeMTfoXs
Nimbus Land (Super Mario RPG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIHgpjtg18
Culex Battle Theme (Super Mario RPG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6Il7X_W9U
Excess Express at Dusk (Paper Mario Thousand Year Door): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOn-XquUmwc
Battle Theme (Paper Mario Thousand Year Door): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPYki-9eO4Y
Try, Try Again (Mario & Luigi Dream Team): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbOKGYDJBeA
Boss Battle (Mario & Luigi Dream Team): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrzOk7b_-5E
Tubba Blubba (Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrL3Hmpdvrg
Final Boss Music (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckxy-i7Dc5U

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I did another one. I had to do something while waiting for my movie to download.

Foggy Fumes
(Donkey Kong Country Returns)

Yep, another silhouette-based DK level. This is the third one, this time going back to Returns.

A fairly simple level, actually. Two hanging, drop-thruable platforms up top are stationary. Two multi-layered platforms on either side of the stage lower as well as a hook platform in the center at the lowest. Well, most the time.

VVVVVVVVVVVVP!​

Every 30 seconds, the hook platform will retract up to a higher position on the stage or back down to the lower part! Touching the pointy part of the hook doesn't feel too good so be sure to avoid it... or be sure to launch your opponents into it! It's not like Rumble Falls's spike though, it'll launch at higher percentages but mostly it just damages and throws you back away.

And of course... like the original stage, you'll get Mr. Game & Watch appearing in the background on occasion to hammer some pipes around.

I'm really proud of this one, it's the first silhouette stage that's completely vector. :)

Music:
Sunset Shores - Donkey Kong Country Returns
Fear Factory - Donkey Kong Country Returns
FJ7X Fear Factory
Forest Folly - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Frozen Frenzy - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Frantic Factory - Donkey Kong 64
Rusty Bucket Bay - Banjo Kazooie

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I always wished I could see a full on planetoid from Mario Galaxy. A smash bros battle with the physics of Mario Galaxy would be difficult to create, but perhaps instead of bottomless pits we could have gaps in the level that lead to black holes. I always wanted to spike someone into a black hole... :p
Of course, it would be really hard because horizontal kills would almost be nonexistent, unless attacks with horizontal knockback also sent enemies vertically, as if the planetoid's gravity was weaker on them so eventually they would spiral out of orbit and hit the circular blast zone that surrounds the stage. :p

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It's been a while since we've done a stage!

This one took me a really long time, actually. I probably didn't need to recreate all the pixels in vector, but I sure did do it anyway... And it sure did take several hours...

Anyhoo. To celebrate Mewtwo's return:

Cerulean Cave

This stage is too simple. I didn't really add gimmicks because all of it already took me a really long time to make. But you can swim between the platforms. Mewtwo in the background moves about some but doesn't interact with the fight.

But, when Mewtwo is fighting...

Stone Mewtwo: "Leave it to me!"
He is replaced by the Statue of Mewtwo in the background which stays still if Mewtwo is playing on the stage.

Music:

Kanto Dungeon
Mewtwo Battle Theme
Lavender Town Remix
Rocket Hideout
Battle! Champion (Kanto)
FJ7X Silph Co Theme

Hope you guys like it... the pixelling was exhausting, even though it doesn't look like much.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a stage. probably will not be in SSB4 but I want to share it anyway.

Bowser's Airship

Games this stage is taken from:
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy

Music that will be remixed for this stage:
Super Mario Bros 3 Airship
Attack! Koopa's Fleet (Super Mario Galaxy)

How this stage would look:
This stage is set at night. The sky in the background is nearly pitch black. Only a few faint stars would show through. The ground is not visible and plays no part in the is stage. The players start off on one of Bowser's evil airships, just like from Super Mario Bros 3 when you are going to beat a Koopa Kid to get the wand.

In the background are many more of Bowser's airships. And they know the battle is happening. These other airships will fire their canons randomly at the airship the players are on. From all directions too. and quite frequently as well. Some of them will explode when they hit the airahip and the impact aoe damage will hurt the players. If a cannon scores a direct hit on a player, expect major damage and knock back.

But that's not all. The others airships while madly shooting at your airship will eventually hit your airship. And blow it out of the night sky. The players have to jump onto platforms then another airship when this happens. The players will have no warning that their airship will be blown out of the night sky. But it won't fall away instantly. There will be enough time for all the players to get to safety if they do not dawdle or quit fighting each other to save their own asses.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
It's been a while since we've done a stage!

This one took me a really long time, actually. I probably didn't need to recreate all the pixels in vector, but I sure did do it anyway... And it sure did take several hours...

Anyhoo. To celebrate Mewtwo's return:

Cerulean Cave

This stage is too simple. I didn't really add gimmicks because all of it already took me a really long time to make. But you can swim between the platforms. Mewtwo in the background moves about some but doesn't interact with the fight.

But, when Mewtwo is fighting...

Stone Mewtwo: "Leave it to me!"
He is replaced by the Statue of Mewtwo in the background which stays still if Mewtwo is playing on the stage.

Music:

Kanto Dungeon
Mewtwo Battle Theme
Lavender Town Remix
Rocket Hideout
Battle! Champion (Kanto)
FJ7X Silph Co Theme

Hope you guys like it... the pixelling was exhausting, even though it doesn't look like much.
The images are broken for me... :C Nevermind, they're fine now.

Also dang son I completely forgot about this thread. How's it goin'?

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Hey, I'm back again! Crazy, right!

I got a new stage for you! A stage straight from the first 4-D game ever made!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Time Square!

Name: Time Square

Game: Blinx: The Time Sweeper

Description: This stage is pretty straightforward, for the most part. The red roof of the building is solid ground, with the sides of the building acting as walls all the way down. Meanwhile, the brown bridge is one long drop-through platform, supported by the two stone pillars (in the background, of course. The pillars don't affect the fighters). Most of the time, the stage looks like this.

But then, sometimes the ground will start to shake, and before you know it...

The bridge crumbles and falls over! Now it's just two slanted platforms on the stage! How will we ever fix this?

Well, fear not! For after a little while, a Time Sweeper will step in, and use his time controls to fix it all! How, you may ask?

Rewinding!

Yes, the stage itself rewinds to before the bridge ever broke! Now the stage can loop indefinitely between these two states! How exciting!

Music:

Time Square
Deja Vu Canals
Forge of Hours
Momentopolis

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Very cool dude. Lookin ballin' as always.

I should do another stage at some point..

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
I had an idea for a Rhythm Heaven stage

any Rhythm Heaven fan can tell you that the most intresting and re-occuring part of the series is the cafe. Now imagine the cafe being a stage, and the fight takes place with the fighters miniaturized on a table in front of a stage with music performers. Depending on what music is playing in the background determines the performers that appear. For example if Frog Hop is playing the stage will have the Frogs performing, and if Thrilling!Is This Love? is playing then the pop star will be performing.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Oh my god. This exhausted me.

Unfortunately this game was never on Nintendo, despite that it was much more fitting for it than the Xbox & Playstation that it ended up on.

Barbarian War
(Castle Crashers)

The actual stage-design is very simple. A large area (That actually gets so close to the edge of the screen it's almost a walk-off!) with two floating platforms up top that move from side to side.

In the background of the stage, the Barbarians stand, watching the fight go on. If too much time has passed without any actual damage being dealt to any of the fighters, the Barbarians will on occasion throw an axe at the fighters or shoot an arrow! Damage can vary depending on the projectile but typically won't launch anybody.

The Barbarians are also protecting the four princesses they kidnapped from the King! On occasion, a pair of scissors and a dotted line would appear in front of one of the princesses ropes.

When the dotted line appears in front of the princesses, you can cut the rope and free the princess! She'll give you a quick kiss which will have varying effects depending on which Princess!

Blue Princess's Kiss imbues your attacks with ice/slow effect.
Green Princess's Kiss imbues your attacks with poison over time effect.
Red Princess's Kiss imbues your attacks with an electric/stun effect.
Orange Princess... Well, I'll let you figure that out when it happens. The scissors don't appear in front of her often but when they do, some true business happens!

The Princesses will run away after being saved but are recaptured after some time and placed back on the posts shortly after that.

Anyway, so that's Barbarian War! I hope you enjoyed it. I made everything that isn't the Smash 4 renders in vector myself in Illustrator so it took quite some time!

Music:
Mudholes - Castle Crashers
Barbarian Boss Fight - Castle Crashers
Corn Boss - Castle Crashers
Simple Sight (Necromancer Theme) - Castle Crashers (A must for any Castle Crashers stage, don't care what it is)
Theme Music - Alien Hominid
Boss Song (YAAAA SEE?) - Battleblock Theater

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Oh my god. This exhausted me.

Unfortunately this game was never on Nintendo, despite that it was much more fitting for it than the Xbox & Playstation that it ended up on.

Barbarian War
(Castle Crashers)

The actual stage-design is very simple. A large area (That actually gets so close to the edge of the screen it's almost a walk-off!) with two floating platforms up top that move from side to side.

In the background of the stage, the Barbarians stand, watching the fight go on. If too much time has passed without any actual damage being dealt to any of the fighters, the Barbarians will on occasion throw an axe at the fighters or shoot an arrow! Damage can vary depending on the projectile but typically won't launch anybody.

The Barbarians are also protecting the four princesses they kidnapped from the King! On occasion, a pair of scissors and a dotted line would appear in front of one of the princesses ropes.

When the dotted line appears in front of the princesses, you can cut the rope and free the princess! She'll give you a quick kiss which will have varying effects depending on which Princess!

Blue Princess's Kiss imbues your attacks with ice/slow effect.
Green Princess's Kiss imbues your attacks with poison over time effect.
Red Princess's Kiss imbues your attacks with an electric/stun effect.
Orange Princess... Well, I'll let you figure that out when it happens. The scissors don't appear in front of her often but when they do, some true business happens!

The Princesses will run away after being saved but are recaptured after some time and placed back on the posts shortly after that.

Anyway, so that's Barbarian War! I hope you enjoyed it. I made everything that isn't the Smash 4 renders in vector myself in Illustrator so it took quite some time!

Music:
Mudholes - Castle Crashers
Barbarian Boss Fight - Castle Crashers
Corn Boss - Castle Crashers
Simple Sight (Necromancer Theme) - Castle Crashers (A must for any Castle Crashers stage, don't care what it is)
Theme Music - Alien Hominid
Boss Song (YAAAA SEE?) - Battleblock Theater
Awesome as always, man. It is weird that Castle Crashers never got a nintendo release, isn't it?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Awesome as always, man. It is weird that Castle Crashers never got a nintendo release, isn't it?
Incredibly weird.

That said, I bought it on the 360, on the PS3 and on Steam... And would buy it for Wii U if they released it. I love Castle Crashers so much, lol.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Neo Bowser City
image.jpg

You ride on a platform through the raining city in matter similar to Mario Circuit 8. The platform will drop you off atop of some buildings, on a racetrack, on top of a radio tower, and a few blimps before dropping you, letting you freefall back to the platform. During this section, combat is entirely aerial, and the screen has a Galaga effect, going through the right side will cause you to come out of the left side, and vice versa.
Songs:
Neo Bowser City (Mario Kart 8) https://youtu.be/tlz1LABgylo
Buoy Base Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy) http://youtu.be/z29bt-wjS88
Final Antasma Battle (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team) http://youtu.be/x7o9odk9Agg

In The Final (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) http://youtu.be/z6M2xt_Ks4Y
Can't think of any more music at the moment.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Neo Bowser City
View attachment 51065

You ride on a platform through the raining city in matter similar to Mario Circuit 8. The platform will drop you off atop of some buildings, on a racetrack, on top of a radio tower, and a few blimps before dropping you, letting you freefall back to the platform. During this section, combat is entirely aerial, and the screen has a Galaga effect, going through the right side will cause you to come out of the left side, and vice versa.
Songs:
Neo Bowser City (Mario Kart 8) https://youtu.be/tlz1LABgylo
Buoy Base Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy) http://youtu.be/z29bt-wjS88
Final Antasma Battle (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team) http://youtu.be/x7o9odk9Agg

In The Final (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) http://youtu.be/z6M2xt_Ks4Y
Can't think of any more music at the moment.
I had a thought about doing this stage at some point. For some reason Gamexplain wasn't happy that it came back into MK8 but I was stoked about it. I like the aesthetic a lot.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I had a thought about doing this stage at some point. For some reason Gamexplain wasn't happy that it came back into MK8 but I was stoked about it. I like the aesthetic a lot.
To hell with Gamexplain, I screamed like a little girl when this came back.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Game & Watch Gallery (Game & Watch Gallery Series)
Like Flat Zone 2, this stage alternates between straight-up ports of a few Game & Watch games. However, this is based on their modernized versions from the "Game & Watch Gallery series"
Like FZ2, the stage would start on "Fire", and the Mario Bros' trampoline is usable. However, there are no platforms on this version of the stage and the Diver from "Octopus" and the Manhole Guy do not appear. The bonus stars and bob-ombs will work as weaker versions of their item counterparts and do not appear if items are turned off.

After a little while the stage's layout will randomly change to one of the following:
"Manhole" would have its namesakes be pass-through platforms, while the rest of the ground is solid. Standing on a manhole will have it fall into the water. The worker Yoshi will shortly put it back up. The passersby would be absent.

"Octopus" would have Mega-Man-ish Water Physics the Octopus itself would be a stage hazard, but would be much less aggressive than its in-game counterpart, only having one tentacle out at a time and strong attacks can stun the individual tentacle, but the Octopus would get more agressive. Diver Mario would be absent.

The water in "Parachute" would be static, with the boat Mario uses being a platform. The cannon would be static, only Parachuters would be able to enter it.

"Turtle Bridge" would only focus on the middle portion with the 4 birds and the platform. You can only stand on the birds when they are not pecking at balloons and only one would be down at a time and would only be down for a very short time.

After another short moment, it would return to "Fire".

Music:
Fire (Game & Watch Gallery)
Octopus/Manhole (Game & Watch Gallery) (Octopus would play 0:00-1:01, Manhole would play 0:00-1:01, Octopus would start back at 0:06 and restart the cycle)
Parachute (Game & Watch Gallery 2)
Turtle Bridge (Game & Watch Gallery 3)
Title (Game & Watch Gallery)
Boxing (Game & Watch Gallery 4)
Ball Theme A (Game Boy Camera)
Showdown at the Tower (Donkey Kong '94)
Game & Watch World (Colorful Game & Watch [Nintendo 3DS Theme])

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Very nice! You clearly put some time into this! I do wonder what else they could do for a G&W stage in future games.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I was gonna wait for release day, but to hell with it. Global Testfire happening again soon so why not.

Saltspray Rig
Splatoon

(Imagine that there's a bunch of rig-machinery in the background)

This is a rather large stage, possibly a contender for 8 player Smash... I haven't decided yet, though I'm leaning towards nah. Six player definitely, but not the full 8.

This is based on the Saltspray Rig PVP map from the currently-unreleased game Splatoon!

There are four main platforms on this stage, two pipes on either extreme side (Which are smaller, but do give potential to walk-offs), a main platform in the center of the stage and a hanging grate at the top, which alternates from side to side of the stage.

The main platform has what appears to be two ramps on either side of it, I wonder what those are for...?

SPLAT ROLLERRRRRRRR!
Every now and then, an Inkling will run up the ramps on either side of the main platform and cover it with ink! The Inklings and colors vary as well as the weapons they use. Some will show up with a Splat Roller, which will bowl over anyone standing on the platform as well as cover it with ink, some will fire off with the scoped-Charger weapons, aiming at characters standing on the pipes on the opposite side of the Inkling, and some will show up with the regular Splattershot weapon, which flies high in the air and tends to hit fighters standing on the grate dangling above! The ink can launch at very high percentages but mostly it just gives different effects temporarily.

Orange Ink will speed you up, but make you heavier.
Purple Ink will make you lighter, but slow you down.
Blue Ink will make Smash attacks more powerful, but special attacks less powerful.
Pink Ink will make Special Attacks more powerful, but smash attacks less powerful.
Green Ink will make you take less damage, but be easier to launch.
Yellow Ink will make you harder to launch, but take more damage.

The Inkling's color that appears is random, but they show up on stage every 40 seconds. Do your best to avoid them... Or do your best to come into contact with the ink color that you need at the moment. If you are standing on the main platform while it is inked, you will have that ink-color's effects so long as you are standing on the ink.

If you get sprayed with ink, it will stay on you with the effects lasting for 15 seconds. If you want to get rid of the effect before that time is up, you just need to get in the water! Either below the stage, or break open a pipe!

The pipes on either side of the map can be broken open if enough damage is caused to them in a small amount of time. The pipe will spray water everywhere, getting rid of any ink that is on the main platform and any ink on a player that comes into contact with the spray! It also works like FLUDD (Which, coincidentally, also washes away ink... As does Greninja's Hydro Pump and any other water-based attacks I'm forgetting), pushing away fighters in contact with it. The pipe will spurt for about 5 seconds before it gets fixed by a helpful janitorial squid-friend.

Phew! This stage was a doozy! But I really like the idea of it, I think it has a lot of potential.

Music (There would be more Splatoon music if we had the soundtrack):
Battle Theme - Splatoon
Main Theme - Splatoon
Gusher Gauntlet - Splatoon
Ricco Harbor - Super Mario Sunshine
Gelato Beach - Super Mario Sunshine
Koopa Troopa Beach - Mario Kart 64
Blub-Blub Ocean - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Treasure Trove Cove - Banjo Kazooie

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Dark World in the Sky
(Super Mario 64)

Wow, okay, I know that there's a lot going on here. I know straight up that this isn't any kind of viable competitive stage. So let's get that out the way from the start...

I kind of wanted to encapsulate Mario 64 in a way that hadn't been done before, so this is what I'm doing, lol. It kind of reminds me of my Gemini Battlefield stage, in a way (Maybe it's the purple).

So there are three main platforms, but a whopping total of 14 platforms on this stage. The three centralized platforms are the main fighting areas. The thicker ones are solid, non-drop-thruable platforms.

On the top platform is Peach's Healing Heart! Players can run through it to gain back 2% health, and it will heal them once every five seconds, but you have to run through it to get any kind of heals.

The center platform is drop thru-able, but it is rather small and has a patrolling Whomp on it, who will attack you by tackling! If he tackles you, you'll be launched sideways, so beware! If he whiffs the tackle though, he will remain face down for a little while, which is your chance to take him out through stage destruction (In the fashion of Skyworld's platforms). He will remain away for a while when he is destroyed, but he'll respawn about 45 seconds later.

There are two spinners on either side of the stage, each holding 4 platforms. These are solid platforms as well, and will often stop Whomp's launch from KO'ing you. The left one spins counter clockwise and the right one spins clockwise.

The bottom solid platform has no hazards of its own.

Below that platform is three drop-thruable-platforms. Two of which have Thwomps alternatively hovering up and slamming down. They'll seriously damage you if you are caught under it so beware! The Thwomps can be used as platforms of their own, too. The third platform below moves from side to side, approaching both the Thwomp platforms alternatively. But campers be advised- This platform will disappear if you stand on it too long!

Music:
Road to Bowser - Super Mario 64
Bowser's Theme - Super Mario 64
Ultimate Bowser - Super Mario 64
Enter Bowser Jr! - Super Mario Galaxy
Airship Armada - Super Mario Galaxy
The Evil King Bowser - Super Mario World
Bowser - Yoshi's Island
Wizpig Race - Diddy Kong Racing

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
After playing through 3D World I thought of a great idea for a stage:

WORLD BOWSER

World Bowser is the last world in 3D World (excluding the special worlds). I think it would be great to have since it would finally give Bowser his own stage.

I thought of this stage as both a moving stage as well as a neutral stage. Here's what I think they could be like:

Please excuse my awful MS Paint drawings

The first part of the stage starts out on one of Bowser's trains. Fighters start at the end of the train (left side) and work their way towards the right, while far in the background you can see Bowser's bright and colorful theme park. There are a few obstacles but nothing too big. I also had an idea of where maybe you can switch onto a train in the background by going in one of the teleporting blocks from 3D World. I don't know how that would turn out but it would be interesting to have another "second-layer" stage like Jungle Hijinx.

Afterwards one of those lift things that takes players to the boss in 3D World would come and pick up the fighters. At the same time everyone is trying to Smash each other off of the platform.

The lift would then drop them off on one of the main attractions of World Bowser, such as the giant Ferris wheel in the picture at the top. At this point the lift can take you anywhere.

The final transition would be climbing the top of Bowser's tower like in the last level. However, Bowser would not appear and instead the obstacles could be things such as bullet bills and thwomps. At the very end of the stage the player would be transported back to the train.

• The stage would be roughly around the same size as Temple (though maybe a bit smaller).
  • The Ferris Wheel would rotate
  • You can go through all of the platforms with the exception of the top/bottom of the main section and the center of the Ferris wheel
  • Possible stage hazards could include a roller coaster and maybe something to do with the big statue of Bowser in the center (maybe lava could come out of it)

Music (contains lots of Bowser):
World Bowser - Super Mario 3D World
Bowser's Castle - Mario Kart 8
Bowser's Lava Lake Keep - Super Mario 3D World
The Great Tower Showdown 1 - Super Mario 3D World
The Great Tower Showdown 2 - Super Mario 3D World
Neo Bowser City - Mario Kart 8
Pinna Park - Super Mario Sunshine
Bowser's Galaxy Reactor - Super Mario Galaxy
The Bullet Bill Express - Super Mario 3D World
Bowser's Lava Lair - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Bowser Jr's Airship Armada - Super Mario Galaxy
Bowser Jr's Fiery Flotilla - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Vs Bowser - Paper Mario: TTYD

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
My stage idea is... MUSHROOM KINGDOM

I know there has been past Mushroom Kingdom stages but whatever.
(Image without splash text:)

This is a big stage with many things from the Mario games. First of all, all the Mario items are more common on this stage. Mushrooms, Green Shells, Stars, etc. The question marked blocks between the bricks always launch out an item when hit from underneath, and later respawn with new items. The pully platforms in the middle function the same as the ones on the Golden Plains 3DS version stage. The bricks are all breakable platforms, broken by jumping underneath them, attacking them, or getting launched through them.

The big Mushroom Platforms serves as more stationary platforms. The two pipes at the sides can be used to travel from one end of the stage to the other, but sometimes, enemies such as Pirhana Plants, Goombas, and Koopas can come out to fight! The two question marked blocks at the very end make a vine pirhana plant climb out, and serves as a latter. The two other ones above it and closer to the middle come out with P switches. These turn all bricks into blue coins for a bit. The coins don't do anything, but make players fall. these two question box varieties take longer to respawn.

Finally, regular gold coins appear that you can collect, but don't do anything. It's just for fun. Oh! And the pow block at the very top shakes the stage.

EDIT:
Music:
Super Mario Bros. Medley

Super Mario World Medley

Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley

Super Mario 3D Land

Underwater Theme

Ground Theme / Underground Theme

Here are the spawn points:

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
My stage idea is... MUSHROOM KINGDOM

I know there has been past Mushroom Kingdom stages but whatever.
(Image without splash text:)

This is a big stage with many things from the Mario games. First of all, all the Mario items are more common o this stage. Mushrooms, Green Shells, Stars, etc. The question marked blocks between the bricks always launch out an item when hit from underneath, and later respawn with new items. The pully platforms in the middle function the same as the ones on the Golden Plains 3DS version stage. The bricks are all breakable platforms, broken by jumping underneath them, attacking them, or getting launched through them.

The big Mushroom Platforms serves as more stationary platforms. The two pipes at the sides can be used to travel from one end of the stage to the other, but sometimes, enemies such as Pirhana Plants, Goombas, and Koopas can come out to fight! The two question marked blocks at the very end make a vine pirhana plant climb out, and serves as a latter. The two other ones above it and closer to the middle come out with P switches. These turn all bricks into blue coins for a bit. The coins don't do anything, but make players fall. these two question box varieties take longer to respawn.

Finally, regular gold coins appear that you can collect, but don't do anything. It's just for fun. Oh! And the bow block at the very top shakes the stage.

Here are the spawn points:
I like this! It reminds me a lot of the original Mushroom Kingdom in Smash 64, but improved. Nice work!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I did another one. I had to do something while waiting for my movie to download.

Foggy Fumes
(Donkey Kong Country Returns)

Yep, another silhouette-based DK level. This is the third one, this time going back to Returns.

A fairly simple level, actually. Two hanging, drop-thruable platforms up top are stationary. Two multi-layered platforms on either side of the stage lower as well as a hook platform in the center at the lowest. Well, most the time.

VVVVVVVVVVVVP!​

Every 30 seconds, the hook platform will retract up to a higher position on the stage or back down to the lower part! Touching the pointy part of the hook doesn't feel too good so be sure to avoid it... or be sure to launch your opponents into it! It's not like Rumble Falls's spike though, it'll launch at higher percentages but mostly it just damages and throws you back away.

And of course... like the original stage, you'll get Mr. Game & Watch appearing in the background on occasion to hammer some pipes around.

I'm really proud of this one, it's the first silhouette stage that's completely vector. :)

Music:
Sunset Shores - Donkey Kong Country Returns
Fear Factory - Donkey Kong Country Returns
FJ7X Fear Factory
Forest Folly - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Frozen Frenzy - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Frantic Factory - Donkey Kong 64
Rusty Bucket Bay - Banjo Kazooie
Well, well, well, what have we here?

F7D594D9-02A6-4B60-9D0A-FD2EF8E9204D.JPG
0A8F2784-1F53-48E3-BA24-493831462126.JPG

This is a pretty fun stage to play on. It reminds me of the upper-right portion of Palutena's Temple, except more smoothed out.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This is why I love the new stage builder.

I, uh... I don't suppose I could convince you to throw something together for one of the stages I've posted, could I?
I did look, but I don't really see anything that world work. Sorry.

Even something simple like 2fort would need background elements to be recognizable.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I've said it a couple of times, and I'll say it again: R.O.B. needs a stage. He's the only fighter who doesn't have a stage to represent his series (only getting generic NES stages two games in a row), and maybe it's just because I main him, but I think he deserves better. The most obvious and practical choice is a Gyromite themed stage. It would be laid out like a Gyromite level, with the green ropes to act like the ladders from 75m and the rising and falling pillars, which would force players to switch up their movement strategy on the fly. As a neat little easter egg and a heads-up to the fighters, the screen could flash a different color whenever the pillars are about to move, as a callback to how the old NES ROB operates. In addition, the Smicks could show up as minor damaging hazards and be distracted by the turnip items scattered around the level, just like in Gyromite. The dynamite packs in the level could be used as weapons against fighters and enemies or they could just be for show, like the items in 75m. Heck, maybe Professor Hector could even make a cameo appearance on the stage! Basically, it would look something like this, but scaled way up and maybe with some sideways scrolling like in 3DS Dream Land.

I'm not gonna stop talking about it until it happens

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
A tribute to the first game Miyamoto helped develop, Radar Scope

You simply fight on the bottom platform, which is shortened and flattened to resemble final destination. The game is being played while you fight, but it's purely cosmetic.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Another in situ recreation: this time, Onox, the final boss from Oracle of Seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F715mPpiHvM

The claws are platforms, and the bottom platform is shortened with edges. They're usually quite high up (requiring a double jump to reach for many characters), but Onox flies up and down. Onox usually just flies around, and occasionally does a slam with one of its hands, but it's very easy to see coming. If you hit the jewel on its head however, it will do an attack. Some attacks include launching a flame which lingers on the ground. a sweep with its hand, and launching lots of fireballs.

There are some cosmetic plants on the stage, to represent Seasons (the game it's from). They start based on the Season it is, and change during the battle.

The omega version simply has Onox flying in the background.

Music:
Original Music:
A mashup of the following songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpOlqAYMg1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3p_21LWvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcB9RpNwzV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-QQYPs68Q

Alternate Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-DAsdX82O0

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Another final boss that would be excellent as a stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtKh7e2ESBc
The attacks can be far less frequent (and because of crosshairs they shouldn't be any worse than the Halberd). The balloons could carry platforms instead of eggs. Alternatively, the seagull enemies from Yoshi's island can fly by occasionally and act as platforms. Baby Bowser is always moving forward but zooms back ever so gradually that you never notice that he doesn't.

In the omega version, during the stage countdown, 2 boulders take out the sides of the screen, and Baby Bowser only ever roars. Sometimes it will look like he's doing his boulder attack, but nothing ever hits the stage.

Original Music is perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Ose7A8P94
Other pieces of music that would work well:
Super Mario World, final boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMIzhWt_pvY
Super Mario 64, final boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCrCmlrmHqg

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

Green Hill 2.0
This stage has a unique property, that being that it actually recreates the physics of the classic Sonic games! You can run up the quarter pipe slope with enough speed, and going down or up slopes will speed you up or slow you down respectively. The swinging platform moves just like in Project M's version, and the left area has a bridge that "sags" and platforms that go down a bit when you stand on them. I think this is a nice improvement overall to the Brawl stage, both in recreating the original stage and being more fun in general. :)

matt91486

Smash Rookie
To cover the neglected extreme sports Nintendo series:

Wave Race Dolphin Park - on the sort of stilt area

(Not sure why image isn't working, but if you google it it is the area with stilts right by the start of the level)

Music:
Wave Race 64 theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q26aQKRjebI
Wave Race: Blue Storm theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNnfTVkpN4
Remix of Wave Race GB menu theme (first few seconds of this video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iIzWmchXaQ
Southern island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfsSziHExV0&list=PL4B684EB34D13193B&index=10
Remix of 1080 Snowboarding winner theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yka5FhJKi5w&list=PLA73DD5BAC67E1866&index=13
1080 Avalanche menu theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zecPwpvNtqA

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
To cover the neglected extreme sports Nintendo series:

Wave Race Dolphin Park - on the sort of stilt area

(Not sure why image isn't working, but if you google it it is the area with stilts right by the start of the level)

Music:
Wave Race 64 theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q26aQKRjebI
Wave Race: Blue Storm theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNnfTVkpN4
Remix of Wave Race GB menu theme (first few seconds of this video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iIzWmchXaQ
Southern island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfsSziHExV0&list=PL4B684EB34D13193B&index=10
Remix of 1080 Snowboarding winner theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yka5FhJKi5w&list=PLA73DD5BAC67E1866&index=13
1080 Avalanche menu theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zecPwpvNtqA
I'm sad that the only reason that there's a Pilotwings stage is the recent remake. Wave Race 64 and Pilotwings 64 deserve stages/characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom