• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Idea Thread (post stage ideas you have!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I hope there are. It wouldn't be that hard to implement (just new textures), and they're missing some very obvious and useful themes, such as a Desert and an Icy area.
Yeah, or an arena flavored one like Pokémon Stadium or Home Run Contest.

I wouldn't mind specific ones at all thoug . If they gave a mushroom kingdom theme then I'd be pretty okay with that. Etc.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Yeah, or an arena flavored one like Pokémon Stadium or Home Run Contest.

I wouldn't mind specific ones at all thoug . If they gave a mushroom kingdom theme then I'd be pretty okay with that. Etc.
Or even just a nighttime theme would be nice. Sure, I could use the space theme, but space =/= night.

Although I do admit I would love to see themes based off of games. That would be awesome.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
I'm glad people liked my Spagonia stage. Funny story: I was going to follow it up with an MK8 Mario Circuit idea where you'd stop around various parts of the track, allowing for the track to be the ceiling or the wall at some points. Then the direct happened and well, I guess I don't have to dream it up any more XD

I'm excited about the stage builder, but also slightly unhappy. I mean, given what I've seen so far, it'll be the best chance Nintendo will likely ever give us to make our dream stages...but I wish they had some game series themes to go with it. It would be nice to make Mario stages, not just grassland stages that we pretend are Mario stages. Still, it's so much better than Brawl's already: being able to see the scale of Mario and Final Destination as guides makes it so much easier to get a sense of scale.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I just had an epiphany.

Remember how in the Brawl stage builder, you could only make floating stages? Like, you could make a faux-walk off stage by moving the blocks as far to the sides as you could, but that was it? Same thing with walls that extend to the borders?

Well, check this out.

That's an IGN video of the stage builder in action. Take particular note of 1:05.

Did you catch what he said?

He said that the Green borders are where the camera stops, and the outermost edge is where the blast zones are.

Do you realize what that means?

We can actually have walls that extend to the blast zones.

The more I see of this stage builder, the more I love it. I can't wait for Smash Wii U to come out.

Now then, with all of that information in mind, here's a stage I made that would work perfectly with this!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Outer Wall!

Name: Outer Wall

Game: Cave Story

Stagebuilder Background: Space (unless they ever make a "nighttime" background)

Description: Odd layout, right? Every dark grey area is a platform. You people are smart, so I shouldn't need to tell you which parts are drop-through, right? It should be fairly obvious. Basically, the entire left side of the stage is one big wall, which runs all the way up and down to the blast zones. This makes a rather interesting dynamic, If I do say so myself.

If I had more freedom: I would throw in an event where occasionally, a Night Spirit would float down from the right side and start firing off little enemies at the stage. That would happen every 30 seconds or so.

So yeah. I don't know if you realize the amount of freedom this new information gives, but it gives a TON of freedom.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm pretty stoked about this stage builder. It looks glorious

Battitude

Smash Rookie
YO I've been meaning to draw up hypothetical stages for ages, so I guess I came to the right spot here.

Here we go, Cave of the Past. A nice basic stage, left arch is a wall, right one's a stylized platform Decided to mess around with this place because frankly it's one of the most bizarre and standout locals in Earthbound. Pulsating tubefloors interwoven and leading up to the Devils machine and your final battle, who could forget it.

Speaking of unforgettable, how could you Giygas' lair without the hellspawn himself showin' up. He'd fade in for a while midfight as a background element before launching an incomprehensible attack, smashing anyone who doesn't dodge or shield through it, and reverting the stage to it's original look.

Lastly, a sped up example of said transition

Main Music would most definitely be "Giygas' Intro" "Cave of the Past" or "Pokey Means Business"

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Welp, seeing as there is no longer a stage contest, I went ahead and changed the title to something unrelated to the stage contest.

Now then, time for ANOTHER stage!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Spiral Mountain!

Name: Spiral Mountain

Game: Banjo-Kazooie

Stagebuilder Background: Sky

Description: Woah, what's this? A spiral-y stage? I've never seen anything like it! Basically, that just means some of the platforms are slanted instead of flat. The lowermost platform (green line) is solid, while the upper two are jump through. Walls on the base platform extend all the way to the boundaries.

If I had more freedom: Probably would have tried to incorporate the bridge to Grunty's Lair in some way... maybe have it extending to the right, and break when something happens. Maybe I could have had the camera slowly go around the mountain, changing the layout so that the spiral is better incorporated. Ah well.

There you go! Another stage from good ol' Marioaddict! Hope you enjoy!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
<3

I freaking love Banjo Kazooie.

Spiral Mountain's a good idea, within the confines of the Stage builder.

Check this out though. It's awesome.

I'd make a stage for BK right now but at the moment I'm not really feeling it. :4shulk::urg:

I'll probably come back later and do something all-encompassing of the game.

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Another day, another stage! This is the last one I've got to show for now, but I'll still post stages when I come up with ideas for them!

Now then... Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to 2fort!

Name: 2fort

Game: Team Fortress 2

Stagebuilder Background: Sky/Ocean

Description: Aww yeah! Who doesn't love TF2? I know I do. Anyways, this stage is layed out a bit like Shadow Moses Island. The bottom of the stage is one long platform, spanning from the base of the red building to the base of the blue building. The buildings themselves serve as walls, save for the small platforms on them. And then lastly, there's the bridge. The roof of the bridge is a drop through platform, as well as the floor of it. Yes, that does mean you can drop through the bottom of the bridge and fall to your death (that water ain't swimmable, yo). The roofs of the buildings are technically walk offs, but I have a feeling no one would ever end up fighting on them for it to matter.

If I had more freedom: Swimmable water. Also occasional sniper fire across the upper are of the map, and occasional minigun fire that goes across the lower area of the map. Hell, maybe even throw in a Sentry here or there.

So there you have it, a shooter level incorporated into Smash Bros! I hope you enjoy it!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Happy Halloween, everyone! In celebration of the holidays, I decided to make a spooky scary stage based on one of my favorite spooky games.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Limbo.

Name: The Forest

Game: Limbo

Stagebuilder Background: For now, Space. Again, until/unless they release something akin to "night", there's a big hole in what I can do in this department.

Description: Oh man, no straight platforms. The spooky is already setting in. Basically, all the black portions of the stage are the platforms, which basically means the stage consists of the ground and the two tree branches (which, for anyone confused, are attached to the darkest gray trees). The branches are drop through platforms, with the ground being completely solid. The walls on the side of the main platform extend all the way to the blast zones, so anyone with a wall jump is good to go.

If I had more freedom: Aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics. Have the branches slightly dip down when you stand on them. Hang a corpse from one of the background trees. Have the spider walk by in the background. Hell, maybe even some kind of hazard involving the bear traps. With this stage, it's all about making it as creepy as possible.

That's all I've got for tonight. Once again, happy Halloween! If any of you have some spooky stages, please post them! But for now, I'm signing off.

Sweet dreams.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Happy Halloween, everyone! In celebration of the holidays, I decided to make a spooky scary stage based on one of my favorite spooky games.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Limbo.

Name: The Forest

Game: Limbo

Stagebuilder Background: For now, Space. Again, until/unless they release something akin to "night", there's a big hole in what I can do in this department.

Description: Oh man, no straight platforms. The spooky is already setting in. Basically, all the black portions of the stage are the platforms, which basically means the stage consists of the ground and the two tree branches (which, for anyone confused, are attached to the darkest gray trees). The branches are drop through platforms, with the ground being completely solid. The walls on the side of the main platform extend all the way to the blast zones, so anyone with a wall jump is good to go.

If I had more freedom: Aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics. Have the branches slightly dip down when you stand on them. Hang a corpse from one of the background trees. Have the spider walk by in the background. Hell, maybe even some kind of hazard involving the bear traps. With this stage, it's all about making it as creepy as possible.

That's all I've got for tonight. Once again, happy Halloween! If any of you have some spooky stages, please post them! But for now, I'm signing off.

Sweet dreams.
Oh my god dude. Glorious. I loved Limbo a lot.I'm surprised that you wouldn't have the spider be a hazard instead of the bear traps.

It might be a little dark for Smash but the, uh, "detachable" limbs of the spider could be glorious items

Last edited:

My Username Was Taken

Smash Rookie
NNID
EcclesMan
3DS FC
3903-7912-3124
Hey, guys.

I've been thinking up stages for a good while now, and I decided to use my lack of art skills to make one.
I thought of this before Stage Builder was announced, so it might not translate over well.

I apologize for the quality.

Name: Big Island

Game: Super Mario Bros. 3

Stage Builder Background: Sky, unless they add some actual stages for backgrounds. In that case a Mario stage.

Description: Just a really basic idea I had. I thought "Most of the stages based off "old" Mario games have stages that are primarily brick blocks and ? blocks, how can I change that?", and this idea was born. As you can see, it's pretty big, but fairly neutral.

If I had more Freedom: It'd look more like Mario 3. Not in straight-up pixel form, but HD instead.

I'll probably be back, but until then, Happy Spook-day :169:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hey, guys.

I've been thinking up stages for a good while now, and I decided to use my lack of art skills to make one.
I thought of this before Stage Builder was announced, so it might not translate over well.

Stage Builder Background: Sky, unless they add some actual stages for backgrounds. In that case a Mario stage.

Description: Just a really basic idea I had. I thought "Most of the stages based off "old" Mario games have stages that are primarily brick blocks and ? blocks, how can I change that?", and this idea was born. As you can see, it's pretty big, but fairly neutral.

If I had more Freedom: It'd look more like Mario 3. Not in straight-up pixel form, but HD instead.

Looks good!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Hey, guys.

Picture's broken on my end, can't see it :C

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Thanks. I uploaded it to Imgur, is there a reason this didn't work or was it a glitch on Smashboards' part?
I'm not certain, it was probably some sort of Smashboards glitch. I just reposted the imgur url and it worked so I dunno

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ooh ooh I made this for a different thread but I want to do this in the new stage builder!

SKY PILLAR
View attachment 28783
Woah, this looks really good. The platforms drop-thru-able?

It's been a while since I did a stage and I still owe @ TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict a Banjo Kazooie stage so

Clanker's Cavern

2Spooky
This is a rather large stage based on the third stage from the first Banjo Kazooie game! This stage acts kind of like Corneria, I guess. Kinda shaped that way too. Huh.

This stage is large enough for 8 player smash and takes place on Clanker the Trash Compactor's back.

The main hazard on this stage is just the water. You can swim in it, but you'll take damage while you're in it. I know that this was a mechanic from Rusty Bucket Bay, not Clanker's Cavern but I'd wager a guess that Clanker's Water is probably just as polluted as the Bay so I THIEFED IT.

Clanker's teeth are also sharp and will damage you as well if you touch them.. But why would you be down there?

FWOOMP
The blowhole-screw-thing that Clanker has on his back flies up! This is a mobile platform that flies up, stays for a second and then falls back down. A great way to get away from someone chasing you!

While the screw is out of Clanker's back, players can fall into the hole that is left behind. When you go into the hole, you fall through Clanker and then out of his mouth into the water. You'll swim if you just fall through it, but if you're spiked through it (I don't know- perhaps when the screw falls down on top of you? ;) ), you will still be spiked out the mouth for a KO.

Music (Nobody does game music like Rare. <3 ):

Clanker's Cavern Theme (Banjo Kazooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6CTvfvhyCk
Rusty Bucket Bay (Banjo Kazooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg9vBGYH4Ow
Dancing Through Grunty's Lair (Medley): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkyknVeDZKg
Grunty Industries (Banjo Tooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5lL613CSc
Jolly Roger Bay (Banjo Tooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGPncRJWcJc
Frantic Factory (DK64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavmBLo1R0U
FJ7X Banjo Kazooie Medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4fAjMSzbpM

Guys I love Banjo Kazooie so much

F**king Microsoft

Edit: CRAP I double posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Woah, this looks really good. The platforms drop-thru-able?

It's been a while since I did a stage and I still owe @ TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict a Banjo Kazooie stage so

Clanker's Cavern

2Spooky
This is a rather large stage based on the third stage from the first Banjo Kazooie game! This stage acts kind of like Corneria, I guess. Kinda shaped that way too. Huh.

This stage is large enough for 8 player smash and takes place on Clanker the Trash Compactor's back.

The main hazard on this stage is just the water. You can swim in it, but you'll take damage while you're in it. I know that this was a mechanic from Rusty Bucket Bay, not Clanker's Cavern but I'd wager a guess that Clanker's Water is probably just as polluted as the Bay so I THIEFED IT.

Clanker's teeth are also sharp and will damage you as well if you touch them.. But why would you be down there?

FWOOMP
The blowhole-screw-thing that Clanker has on his back flies up! This is a mobile platform that flies up, stays for a second and then falls back down. A great way to get away from someone chasing you!

While the screw is out of Clanker's back, players can fall into the hole that is left behind. When you go into the hole, you fall through Clanker and then out of his mouth into the water. You'll swim if you just fall through it, but if you're spiked through it (I don't know- perhaps when the screw falls down on top of you? ;) ), you will still be spiked out the mouth for a KO.

Music (Nobody does game music like Rare. <3 ):

Clanker's Cavern Theme (Banjo Kazooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6CTvfvhyCk
Rusty Bucket Bay (Banjo Kazooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg9vBGYH4Ow
Dancing Through Grunty's Lair (Medley): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkyknVeDZKg
Grunty Industries (Banjo Tooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5lL613CSc
Jolly Roger Bay (Banjo Tooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGPncRJWcJc
Frantic Factory (DK64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavmBLo1R0U
FJ7X Banjo Kazooie Medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4fAjMSzbpM

Guys I love Banjo Kazooie so much

F**king Microsoft

Edit: CRAP I double posted.
I love it. 10/6. Best stage.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Not sure if we can have water in the stage creator but, if we can, that stage is in!
I'm not following the stage creator guidelines tbh. I'll definitely make a lot of stages in it when I get the game but for now I'm just making cool stages in general

My Username Was Taken

Smash Rookie
NNID
EcclesMan
3DS FC
3903-7912-3124
Wow, that Clanker's Cavern stage is great! Man, Banjo Kazooie had so much potential...

Anyways, here's another stage I horribly drafted a while ago: Shooting Range!

Obviously, it's based off the original "Duck Hunt". You can stand on the leaves of the tree and the branches can be walked through. You can also stand on the bush, but you can't walk right through it. And every now and then...

...a hunter will shoot at random points of the screen! Maybe some duck could fly up too, I dunno.

Without the Hazard, this could probably be replicated in Stage Builder too.
And of course the only selectable music for this stage would be "Dog Laughing - (Club Mix)".

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I really feel like they missed the opportunity to make a large, gco-sized stage based on the subspace emissary. I think that would've been a great idea!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow, that Clanker's Cavern stage is great! Man, Banjo Kazooie had so much potential...

Anyways, here's another stage I horribly drafted a while ago: Shooting Range!

Obviously, it's based off the original "Duck Hunt". You can stand on the leaves of the tree and the branches can be walked through. You can also stand on the bush, but you can't walk right through it. And every now and then...

...a hunter will shoot at random points of the screen! Maybe some duck could fly up too, I dunno.

Without the Hazard, this could probably be replicated in Stage Builder too.
And of course the only selectable music for this stage would be "Dog Laughing - (Club Mix)".
Please share this in the DHD support thread or the DHD stage thread! :4duckhunt:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Was brainstorming on good stage ideas and remembered something I thought of like more than a year ago.

@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 , this is for you.

Shooting Star Summit
(Paper Mario 64)

Serene.
This is based on one of my favorite areas from the first Paper Mario game. This is a fairly neutral stage. The main platform is circular and higher up, but there are two lower platforms on either side of the main platform.

The only hazard on this are the falling stars. They do on occasion fall through the sky, which will damage you, but won't really launch you at all unless you're at really high percent. But if you are launched and the star hits you, your launch will be stopped and you'll then enter free fall instead. The stars will fall onto the platform as well, which can be grabbed and use as a throwing item against opponents, about the power of the non-explosive capsules.

Music:
Shooting Star Summit (Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozKCROoX5pI
The Moon (Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPSWgghqBU
Memory (Super Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOpjlNcJ5O0
Crystal Palace Crawl (Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6I-n7xK03A
Rainbow Road Series Remix (Super Smash Bros for 3DS & Wii U): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4We1AwhvNs
Family (Super Mario Galaxy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrXEobdx2I
1AM (Animal Crossing New Leaf): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX2NxSN49Tg

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Was brainstorming on good stage ideas and remembered something I thought of like more than a year ago.

@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 , this is for you.

Shooting Star Summit
(Paper Mario 64)

Serene.
This is based on one of my favorite areas from the first Paper Mario game. This is a fairly neutral stage. The main platform is circular and higher up, but there are two lower platforms on either side of the main platform.

The only hazard on this are the falling stars. They do on occasion fall through the sky, which will damage you, but won't really launch you at all unless you're at really high percent. But if you are launched and the star hits you, your launch will be stopped and you'll then enter free fall instead. The stars will fall onto the platform as well, which can be grabbed and use as a throwing item against opponents, about the power of the non-explosive capsules.

Music:
Shooting Star Summit (Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozKCROoX5pI
The Moon (Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPSWgghqBU
Memory (Super Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOpjlNcJ5O0
Crystal Palace Crawl (Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6I-n7xK03A
Rainbow Road Series Remix (Super Smash Bros for 3DS & Wii U): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4We1AwhvNs
Family (Super Mario Galaxy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrXEobdx2I
1AM (Animal Crossing New Leaf): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX2NxSN49Tg
I still would love theater x50 times more, but I like this idea.

But that is, I see this more as a secondary stage. I don't know, but maybe I would love this if it was integrated in a stage segment or something. though, the ost choices are maybe another reasons to want this idea. Those music from their games are not the best but are so amazingly calm. My best are memory and the crystal star palace one. Those are known to be so good because of how smooth they are and the pm64 one is quite memorable in that reguard too. Having memory on this is surprisingly fitting for a music that I found too calm to be in smash, this stage makes it perfect. And the same goes for crystal star palace, that music is so relaxing and I think that on this stage, it will feel as relaxing to play while you're fighting. I think it's more suited for friendly matches...tournaments final are another story, but you get that I love this even more than the roost from brawl.

So, great idea, but i still hold to my theater one. If you don't mind, I could repost it here (tough, it is kinda long and I didn't restricted myself in hazards potential simply because I wanted to show off that potential...it will need to have limits though...)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I still would love theater x50 times more, but I like this idea.

But that is, I see this more as a secondary stage. I don't know, but maybe I would love this if it was integrated in a stage segment or something. though, the ost choices are maybe another reasons to want this idea. Those music from their games are not the best but are so amazingly calm. My best are memory and the crystal star palace one. Those are known to be so good because of how smooth they are and the pm64 one is quite memorable in that reguard too. Having memory on this is surprisingly fitting for a music that I found too calm to be in smash, this stage makes it perfect. And the same goes for crystal star palace, that music is so relaxing and I think that on this stage, it will feel as relaxing to play while you're fighting. I think it's more suited for friendly matches...tournaments final are another story, but you get that I love this even more than the roost from brawl.

So, great idea, but i still hold to my theater one. If you don't mind, I could repost it here (tough, it is kinda long and I didn't restricted myself in hazards potential simply because I wanted to show off that potential...it will need to have limits though...)
Dude feel free to post the Theater stage you created here. This is a place for any and all stage ideas, just for creativity sake. A few have been reposted from the Contest thread so it'd work just fine.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Dude feel free to post the Theater stage you created here. This is a place for any and all stage ideas, just for creativity sake. A few have been reposted from the Contest thread so it'd work just fine.
Well, so be it.

So, I just want to remind that this stage idea was made to show off the potential of such a simply structured location (it's just a platform with walk off). In its original submission, it actually just did that with the best score being in creativity, but with an expected bad score in playability. That was simply not my goal because I'm bad at doing this and for that stage, I rather wanted to show what was possible than would happen.

So, enjoy the theater...

Name of Stage: The Theater

Game of Origin: Paper Mario The Thousand-year Door

Description: It is a theater for watching fights. There's some chair in front for the audience to watch the fight. Players will fight on the scene and it has walk-off blast zone on both sides. In the original game, this is where all the fights against any opponents occur.

Gimmicks/Hazards: However, this isn't just a stage with a flat platform. In the original game, A LOT of stuff could happen most of them being random. It would be an hazard-fest due to how big the potential of this stage has in the hazard department.

First, let's talk about the audience. The audience are characters from the Paper Mario series. They leave, come or cheers depending how intense the fight is. Some of them can throw items at the fighters for instance, a dry bone can throw a bone and a hammer bros may throw a hammer while others might throw cans. These items harms the fighters, but they can also throw items that helps them like healing items or any attacking items like the fire flower. If a fighter taunts, the audience will cheers and so, more people can come here. Since the audience can help you by giving you useful items, it might be a good strategy to taunt when you can.

Some of them however, does more than that. A shy guy may come on the scene and go behind the scene to make a projector falls which can do some damage if anyone is hurt by it. A boo may go on stage and if he touches a player, this one will become invisible like the cloaking device.

The stage itself also provides some hazard here. These are, having fog covering the bottom part of the scene which hinders the sight of the players or some decor in the background failing randomly and doing damage. Fireworks may also appear in the foreground which damage and may burn the fighters.

Speaking of the decor, it will change to another location in the original game after a set amount of time. Depending on the location, the audience might change and even boss can make appearance! When a switch comes, the curtain will fall and every player will freeze before the curtain opens with the new area. Here's all the layout possible (in order that they switch):

Petal Meadows

This is the starting area. Not much is going here. Koopa troopas might come from a shell which will make the players trip. Help items are more likely to be thrown by the audience.

Keelhaul Key

A jungle so, the decor might annoy the sight of the player because of how dense it is. Piranha plants may come from the ground and bites the fighters which might poison them. Fuzzies may also come and suck life to the characters.

Glitz Pit

Just a battle ring with a screen behind almost like the punch out stage. What is special about this is that, Rawk Hawk is an hazard here. He will jump on the corner to body slam brutally the players. He can also jump kick them which does deadly damage.

Rogueport Sewers

This area is from underground where harmful audience is more likely to appear. Enemies also appear (magikoopa firing magic projectile, bandit running into you and steals any items you had and rarely, a big blooper will come to spit black ink).

X-Naut Fortress

This is a fortress made by the X-Naut, an evil organisation in the original game, on the moon. Because of that, the X-Naut are more likely to appear in the audience where they may throw rocks at the fighters all at the same time. They also appear on stage where they may body slam and throws potions that burn, poison or makes dizzy depending on the colour of it (red is burn, green is poison and blue is dizzy).

Cortez's ship

This area is inside a pirate ship full of treasures. But the owner of this treasure, Cortez, will protect it by fighting the players. He can uses one of his weapon which are a hook, a rapier, a sword, and a sabre. This skeleton is stationary due to the pile of bones that fixes him.
And then you go back to Petal Meadows and the cycle repeats.

Unlockable?: Yes it is unlockable and to unlock it, you would have to unlock Paper Mario as a playable character.

Extra: All the enemies and the audience are the same model from TTYD which means that they are papers. If Paper Mario uses 5 side taunts in quick succession while having Goombella has his partner, she will give a description in a text bubble like TTYD of the other fighter. Also, luigi may appear in the audience.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Here's another idea I had a little bit ago. While Gold & Silver weren't really my favorite games in the series, The Pokénerd in me will always love the showdown with Red at the end of the game atop...

Mt. Silver
(Pokémon Gold & Silver)

The idea for this stage is to have a raging Pokémon Battle going on that does impact the Smash match, but more as a punish than anything.

There are three main platforms up top that the fighters will duke it out. The two on either side are drop-thruable, the center one is not.

Below these main platforms is a long solid platform where something else is happening.

Red & Ethan are having a Pokémon battle!

Each trainer has three different Pokémon at their disposal that will cycle through.

Yes, Red's rotation includes Blastoise, Venusaur and Espeon, whereas Ethan's has Typhlosion, Feraligatr & Umbreon. They don't necessarily always match up either. Like, Ethan doesn't withdraw Typhlosion right away if Red pulls back Blastoise, so there could be any combination of these Pokemon fighting at any time.

And yes, the Pokemon do attack! Fighters can get caught in the crosshairs of this if they fall to the bottom part of the stage, so look out!

Blastoise uses Hydro Pump, which acts much like a more powerful version of FLUDD, or Squirtle's neutral special from Brawl. No damage dealt, but you're pushed pretty far away, usually to around where Gold is standing.

Venusaur uses Frenzy Plant, which only damages you if you're standing on the ground down there. It won't launch you, but it will root you to the ground and inflict about 30% damage.

Espeon uses Confusion, which deals slight damage and momentarily reverses your controls.

Typhlosion uses Fire Blast, which will send you flying upwards, with a slight burning effect.

Feraligatr uses Crunch, which works like it does in Pokemon stadium, where just some pair of denchers flies out and chomps because Feraligatr is magic that way. You'll receive 25% damage and for a short time be more susceptible to launching attacks.

Umbreon actually moves- It will run up to the center point of the main platform above it and use double kick. It's not something you want to get hit by, it doesn't have any special effect other than launching you diagonally (Not necessarily for a KO but I'd watch out for it around 60%!).

The Pokémon can and will get KO'd. The Trainers won't recall their Pokemon until their HP is at 0, so you can either let the Pokémon attack each other until fainting, or you can... help them along yourself with your own attacks! The trainers themselves aren't necessarily standing on the battlefield, they're more in the background like Red was in Brawl so you can't hit them.

Other than the Pokemon battle below, there aren't any hazards on this stage.

Music:
Glitter Lighthouse/Mt. Silver (Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkDMRsIUG1k
Vs. Lance/Red (Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDFEUfS4r_A
Victory Road (Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktFFKaSgC-A
Vs Lugia (Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQEpGr3qaDY
Vs Ho-Oh (Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Hs4s9LLVg
Mt. Coronet (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBaDX33Eew
Snowbelle City (Pokémon X&Y): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYASGXzBTfw

I hope you guys liked this one. I came up with the idea and was like "Ooh. Gotta get that down tonight."

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
A travelling stage from wind waker HD would be nice, You start on outset island but then a pirate ship appears that all players must board, You would be sucked up by a tornado and be brung to a random location, these locations include.

-Forsaken fortress many search lights are scanning the area if you are caught by one, moblins will start attacking you, you can avoid the search lights by hopping into berrels.

-Windfall island would have the guy from wind waker that teaches you the song that turns day into nite, doing a simon says game. it would be like shy guy says but with taunts.

-Forest haven would have the pirate ship land inside where the great deku tree lives, Chu chu's would be all over the tree's face. the duku tree would reward the player/team who knocked the most chu chu's off his face.

-The ocean would have everything from brawl but with a boss fight with the giant squids but that only has a 30% chance of appearing.

-Tower of the gods would send the pirate skip flying into the top floor of the tower breaking the ship, into many wooden pieces, you would fight ghodon, after defeating him you would be teleported to a bell on the roof, start hitting it and you will be teleported to the front of the tower of the gods your ship will sink and you will be on top of ganondorf castle, in old hyrule, there will be a Triforce on the top the first player to grab it will turn into Toon ganon with a full moveset, and the water would start falling on top of you like the final battle in wind waker, defeat the player who turned into ganon or knock the triforce out of them by doing 45% and then get it for yourself, after 225% damage has been done to ganon you will be returned to outset.

I know the last one wouldn't happen though :(
Team and smash battles would be extended to 3:00 when on this map.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
A travelling stage from wind waker HD would be nice, You start on outset island but then a pirate ship appears that all players must board, You would be sucked up by a tornado and be brung to a random location, these locations include.

-Forsaken fortress many search lights are scanning the area if you are caught by one, moblins will start attacking you, you can avoid the search lights by hopping into berrels.

-Windfall island would have the guy from wind waker that teaches you the song that turns day into nite, doing a simon says game. it would be like shy guy says but with taunts.

-Forest haven would have the pirate ship land inside where the great deku tree lives, Chu chu's would be all over the tree's face. the duku tree would reward the player/team who knocked the most chu chu's off his face.

-The ocean would have everything from brawl but with a boss fight with the giant squids that have a 30% chance of appearing.

-Tower of the gods would send the pirate skip flying into the top floor of the tower breaking the ship, into many wooden pieces, you would fight ghodon, after defeating him you would be teleported to a bell on the roof, start hitting it and you will be teleported to the front of the tower of the gods your ship will sink and you will be on top of ganondorf castle, in old hyrule, there will be a Triforce on the top the first player to grab it will turn into Toon ganon with a full moveset, and the water would start falling on top of you like the final battle in wind waker, defeat the player who turned into ganon or knock the triforce out of them by doing 45% and then get it for yourself, after 225% damage has been done to ganon you will be returned to outset.

I know the last one wouldn't happen though :(
Team and smash battles would be extended to 3:00 when on this map.
So kind of a mix between the Pirate Ship Brawl stage and Skyloft?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Black Fortress: Four Anchors
Game of Origin:
Bomberman 64
Layouts:

Green Garden consists of a flat platform with two breakable pillars holding up another atop it. If both pillars are broken, the suspended platform will drop onto the battlefield and do damage, much like in Green Garden stage 1. It may be passed through both ways and does not respawn. To the left and right of this are small staircases to nowhere, a common occurrence in the original Green Garden locale. They work just like those found in Brawl's stagebuilder.
The underside of the stage is littered with thinner, longer pillars, resembling those surrounding the first battle with Sirius.

Blue Resort has players battling on a rooftop, much like those littering the original locale. Unlike Green Garden, the ledges are not grabbable as water flows slowly over them from the sides of the building. This water is swimmable once it has passed the edges of the stage but it also has a greater flow speed at this point. This means that it is possible to climb the stream to safety by jumping in and out of it repeatedly but that, if you're not quick, it will carry you to your doom instead.
On the underside we see an arch and some of those often submerged blocks the area is so fond of.

Red Mountain brings back the grabbable ledges but also adds in stalagmites to restrict edge play. This means that KOs will revolve around the mid section where fireballs shoot up through a small pass through section to do substantial damage and launch players. Their origin point is a lava platform down below which will function like a danger zone.

White Glacier consists of two large hills and a wind blowing ever outwards (slightly weaker than Dreamland's) that does not act outside its diamond bounds. The top side represents the snow of stage 1, meaning that it has normal friction, unlike the underside.
The underside combines the wind of stage 1 with the ice of stage 3, making it impossible to stay atop any of its segments.

Gimmick: Black Fortress is a transitioning stage but its changes are entirely player controlled. See that diamond around each stage? That is a barrier that will instantly nullify momentum and send anyone attacking or launched into it into freefall unless their percentage is 100 or more. When someone with such a percentage hits the barrier, it will flash for about 10 seconds, during which time it has no effect whatsoever, then it will change colour and the entire diamond will rotate about the horizontal axis, becoming the next stage in the above order, complete with newly functional barrier.
This will only move players if absolutely necessary to avoid having the new stage spawn atop them and will refresh Green Garden's bridge platform.
The barrier may be passed through by walking/running off the edge or jumping through it at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom