• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

butternuts

Smash Rookie
So what do I do to acomplish this? Japes would be a viable base for my Lake of Rage, because I can have water on a stage that ISN'T constantly scrolling.
If you can hold out till later tonight i will see what i can do when i have a bit more free time.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
well i am bored and i do this:

well is just that, but it still move when you hit them, i move de camera to do more small, what's your opinion? i play a while, and it's pretty good for me, i am thinking of puttin ledges between the two leaves, what do you think?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
i am thinking of puttin ledges between the two leaves, what do you think?
If you mean you'd be able to walk from one leaf to the other then yeah that'd be great!

Also, is it possible to make the leaves grabable?

If possible, make at least a little of the water visible, even though it doesn't do anything for me it looks awkward without (that's just my opinion thou ^^)

Great work!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
If you mean you'd be able to walk from one leaf to the other then yeah that'd be great!

Also, is it possible to make the leaves grabable?

If possible, make at least a little of the water visible, even though it doesn't do anything for me it looks awkward without (that's just my opinion thou ^^)

Great work!
he means the inside of the leaves would have ledges as well as the outside. what we need to do, though, is remove the hurtboxes from the leaves so they can be arranged appropriately without the threat of a random hit messing them up.

as for the water, i could take it or leave it...

butternuts

Smash Rookie
Alright here is the japes with the water minus the current.
Also there is no gater to feast upon you either.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qwodnnjzd1d

On an related note: I freakin' love crisis city. I'm glad to see an original stage that isn't perfectly flat.

just so you know i hate final destination.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Orochimaru's hideout?
Sure, go ahead (what do you have in plan? :) ).
But remember to credit me afterwards.
Well after I finish working on this ToS Stage (hint hint)
I plan on making a nighttime version or like the fight between Sasuke and Naruto when they found him in Shippuden for the first time, well Idk, ill brainstorm :p

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Now I can make Lake of Rage! Without worrying about scrolling cameras or perpetually spawning Sand Bags! XD

I also had a couple more ideas for stages, but they would be older stages....like Mewtwo's Fourside and Mushroom Kingdom stages.

butternuts

Smash Rookie
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Now I can make Lake of Rage! Without worrying about scrolling cameras or perpetually spawning Sand Bags! XD

I also had a couple more ideas for stages, but they would be older stages....like Mewtwo's Fourside and Mushroom Kingdom stages.
You are indeed welcome and i am also intrigued by this lake of rage of which you speak. Lookin forward to it.

jam1232

Smash Rookie
some of these stages almost made my wii break aka naruto stages + Japanese night stage

I think I know what your problem is:bee: i asume you dont have the
"Stage Roster Expansion System" code by
Phantom Wings.

so.. all you have to do is change the name of my japan night stage to ( STGFINAL.PAC ), and get rid of the ( st_jungle.rel ) from the "module" folder.

that should solve it:bee:

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Do I need a specific code to get weather to work?

Stormy Destination and the Rainy Night Time Bridge of Eldin both freeze the game when I try to load them. This does not happen to me, with other stage textures.
Hmm... mind telling me what else you have on?
There's not going to be an update to stormy destination until i manage to relax homework=torture DX but here's some ideas i've got :

I've noticed that the light model adds some lighting so i was thinking sometime during the battle it would fade away and the clouds would get darker as this would happen

I'm thinking about vertice editing the lightning for the SSE into looking more like lightning and make it the lightning appear more and more frequently as the stage gets darker

Also i'm thinking about editing the scene data to make the stage not as bright

Suggestions/feedback?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
no, though that is an interesting idea.
yeah, good idea, but i don¡t know hot to do remove the hit boxes, oh, and another reaseson to not remove them is, if the leaves don't moves, the music in the stage is boring, there is any wat to add music?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I thought I'd show progress on a stage I'm working, as my Zelda stage's new version is freezing (Waiting for someone I sent it to to get online so I can continue working on it).

No, it's not a 2D stage.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
I knowz...good times lol .My friends will be will be shocked when they see a gamecube load up instead of the normal stage.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
well i am bored and i do this:

well is just that, but it still move when you hit them, i move de camera to do more small, what's your opinion? i play a while, and it's pretty good for me, i am thinking of puttin ledges between the two leaves, what do you think?
DO WANT!!

Woah, you just turned the stage that I hate the most into a viable stage!! OMG
Why don't you show this to the Brawl+ Community? Wow....just...WOW O.O

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Well, here are the dowloads for my stages
Firts: Pasific Pirate Ship:

*no bombs
*no catapult
*no big rock
*The tornado is'nt there, but ship fly in the air :( (for now )
*The Intagible Water, but don't move(for now)

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cynzm0wm0nm

Here is the version with tangible water:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x22tabaeity

And here is Hanenbow fix

Still move when you hit them, i move de camera to do more small.
I play a while, and it's pretty good for me, i am thinking of puttin ledges between the two leaves or match them
There are a little problem with spawn point, but i will fix
Downloadhttp://www.mediafire.com/?iq4gdglzjdt

Please, report any problem and give ideas if you can

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
he already put it there. L2R. plus, its a stage hack. this is a stage hacking thread. ergo, it can stay here. now, calm the **** down and stop policing.

Matteron

Smash Ace
People really should not fake-mod...it just doesn't work...
Any way on a different note, I need someone to fix the collisions on my falco destination

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Heya, just a quick little question(againlol):

When making 2D stages, the sprite dimensions have to be a power of two, correct? Well, can my dimensions be 512x128, or do the dimensions have to be equal to each other, like 512x512?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
512x128 works, but then you should resize the model in the Y plane so it doesn't look stretched out. I think I used 512x256 textures in my Wario Land II stage.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I've updated Crisis City (almost the most downloaded of my stages, in only two days O.o) and it works for PALs now

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zynynzmtkwm

Re-made the rel file too, not tested but it should work now

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wznyl12vnyx

Someone try it please ^^U

PD: I'm wondering if I should join a team or something to make my stage hacks more known to people, having Crisis City in both KC-MM and ESH had an impressive result in download matters O.o

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I've updated Crisis City (almost the most downloaded of my stages, in only two days O.o) and it works for PALs now

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zynynzmtkwm

Re-made the rel file too, not tested but it should work now

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wznyl12vnyx

Someone try it please ^^U

PD: I'm wondering if I should join a team or something to make my stage hacks more known to people, having Crisis City in both KC-MM and ESH had an impressive result in download matters O.o
i'm not going to lie you probably should

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Should? You MUST. The hacking community needs your skill. I'll be honest, Mushroom Kingdom 64 and Crisis City absolutely blew me away; 2 of the most incredible custom stages I have EVER seen.

The only thing about Crisis City that bugs me is the fake lava. My suggestion is (if possible):
-Move the lava's hitboxes to match the basic lava surface (the one that you just fall through at the moment) or
-Remove the fake lava... but that would pose a problem with the floating building, wouldn't it?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mewtwo, with your skills, I'd suggest joining KC:MM. I'm 100% sure they'd welcome you with open arms. :3

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Should? You MUST. The hacking community needs your skill. I'll be honest, Mushroom Kingdom 64 and Crisis City absolutely blew me away; 2 of the most incredible custom stages I have EVER seen.

The only thing about Crisis City that bugs me is the fake lava. My suggestion is (if possible):
-Move the lava's hitboxes to match the basic lava surface (the one that you just fall through at the moment) or
-Remove the fake lava... but that would pose a problem with the floating building, wouldn't it?
Yeah, it would be a little strange xD

In the original stage, there was going to be ground, but plasmakirby gave it a lava texture, so I moved the fake lava I previously had only in the background and placed it everywhere in the stage.

If it didn't move so much I could try to make it a little inclinated and having some ground again, but I'm sure it's better with only the buildings and not ground, and I tried to move the real lava to be always reachable, but it acted strangely and went higher than expected. So I decided leave the lava as a decoration, and fall through it. You are not burnt but you still die if you fall to lava and don't return ^^U

What's new in v2 that's new (beside PAL compatibility)?
Well, I wasn't going to say it so anyone found it out, but the new thing is a new character showing in the stage, just as Silver and Blaze did

Mewtwo, with your skills, I'd suggest joining KC:MM. I'm 100% sure they'd welcome you with open arms. :3
I agree with Wave Kusanagi. There is much love there
I'll be thinkin about it, thanks ;)

Top Bottom