• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
But, I don't want transparency, not at all.

Well, for now, I think I'm done. I'm glad of the result.

One thing, though. Is it possible to make the bullets behind the characters? It's a bit annoying since you always see them in front of you.

I think having two instances of the same snow object should make the snow more opaque. So, just export and import the same model in the same modeldata, without changing the name of the bones.
You're smart..haha. How come I didn't think of this? I'll give you the results. I still need to find how to move the snow, because it's annoying when it's in front of you. Also, why did you make the collision higher when the platform is lower? To make an illusion that you're on the platform? Did you do that because you can't properly edit the camera without the animation to not work, so you made the collisions higher with a lower platform, that way we can also see the animated background? I..think? Lol.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Just move the model in -Z by using an animation. This works for rain at least O.o

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Just move the model in -Z by using an animation. This works for rain at least O.o
Well, I tried for the snow, and it was at the same spot, unless I forgot to move it for "NewNode01" as well. I'll give you the results.

Edit: Well, turns out I did change it for NewNode01 as well.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You have to move it with the animation in the modeldata where the model is. And make sure the model is not the first model in that modeldata.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Uh..now the background animation isn't working anymore, now that I made an animation for the two sides. Are they related? Sorry if I'm asking so many questions, you're the one who made the stage, lol.

You have to move it with the animation in the modeldata where the model is. And make sure the model is not the first model in that modeldata.
Yeah, I did that. Do you want the file to see what I did wrong?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
An animation for the sides? If you have not changed the animation itself, it should not decease to work O.o

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
An animation for the sides? If you have not changed the animation itself, it should not decease to work O.o
For the sides, I meant the two sides of the car, or the lights I added. I used the first "NewNode01" animation, then made an animation of them floating. Ever since I did that, the animation in the middle only shows the first and last frame.

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
So removed every polygon besides the stage from yoshis island and it froze.. should i try vertext removing them or is it safe to say yoshis is doomed to not have a diff background.

if anyone wants to give it a shot or take a look heres the file http://www.mediafire.com/?nxoin4wz4z1

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm not positive, but try using photoshop to give it more transparency, and then import it using a format that allows for transparency, such as RGB5A3 or IA8 I think
What you think "opaque" means is actually the opposite of what it means.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Well, I finally got back to doing my stage after a short absence of smashism. It's just not so fun, cause no one wants to play it with me. Stupid, foolish, people. I started working on my flying pyramid stage again, but I've been working on the actual stage itself, not just the animations, so this is the fun stuff! Expect some pretty cool pictures soon.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You're smart..haha. How come I didn't think of this? I'll give you the results. I still need to find how to move the snow, because it's annoying when it's in front of you. Also, why did you make the collision higher when the platform is lower? To make an illusion that you're on the platform? Did you do that because you can't properly edit the camera without the animation to not work, so you made the collisions higher with a lower platform, that way we can also see the animated background? I..think? Lol.
I did not read this xD

The collision is higher than the platform in the previewer, but it's not like this in game. The meaning of this is that I got to move the whole stage up to make move the characters when using the stage as 75m. Having the ground at Y=0 made them look like dead... I mean, when you plug in a controller and you don't move the character... That's what the CPU's made in that moment xD

As I used animations to move the stage, the preview in the collision editor shows the original placement for it, but it's really higher, just like the collisions.

Uh, no, what do the unknowns do?
Unknown2=1 -> The animation is looped.

--------

This is how Saffron is going xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Awesome stage, by the way!

Also, do you think it would be possible for the snow to happen from time to time, and not always? And, another thing, if it would be possible to import the lasers from the Corneria stage, including the arwings, and the one from Halberd? I would like them to deal damage to you, as well. I still can't figure out why my other animation messed up, by the way.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
That would be difficult to do, indeed. The damage comes with the stage, if a stage doesn't have damages, then you can't make them. It's all inside the rel files. Anyway, the background would be possible, it's only combining 2 models I guess.

I'll take a look to your animation if you want tomorrow. Now I'm going to bed xD

I'm leaving with another pic of Saffron. I'll continue working on it tomorrow :p

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, I understand. Well, I could port it to Corneria and try it out. Anyway, nice stuff! What stage does it go over?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It will go over many stages, at least wifi room and final destination. I'll probably make it compatible with battlefield, and will see if I'm able to make it over the pokemon stadiums.

But it's in an early state yet xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
It will go over many stages, at least wifi room and final destination. I'll probably make it compatible with battlefield, and will see if I'm able to make it over the pokemon stadiums.

But it's in an early state yet xD
Good to know. I also have to go sleep soon, so good night, and good luck with the stage.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Anyone have a link to the guide to making 3d stages? I remember seeing it around, but I can't seem to find it.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
That would be difficult to do, indeed. The damage comes with the stage, if a stage doesn't have damages, then you can't make them. It's all inside the rel files. Anyway, the background would be possible, it's only combining 2 models I guess.

I'll take a look to your animation if you want tomorrow. Now I'm going to bed xD

I'm leaving with another pic of Saffron. I'll continue working on it tomorrow :p

*SAFFRON CITY IMG*
Is the chansey gonna pop out? : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Would it be possible to turn this stage from Donkey Kong Country 2 into a moving Brawl stage? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDQhp3lOBc
Possible...Yes.

Easy...No.

Time Consuming...VERY!

Anyway, yes it is possible...but there's currently not a very practical way of doing it. I wouldnt get your hopes up because it wouldn't really turn out.

Zakeil

Smash Rookie
Possible...Yes.

Easy...No.

Time Consuming...VERY!

Anyway, yes it is possible...but there's currently not a very practical way of doing it. I wouldnt get your hopes up because it wouldn't really turn out.
I figured as much. But for some parts, i thought of alternative methods of movement. (I.e. When sqawks starts flying, he carries a platform with him)

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Okay, I did the unknown 2 thing, but it still won't work. This model just doesn't want to move to the right spot at all. Stupid Skyworld >:/

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I figured as much. But for some parts, i thought of alternative methods of movement. (I.e. When sqawks starts flying, he carries a platform with him)
Well, the background stays the same, and further it are only those bushes.
Making the bird would be awesome.
It would be a great stage, and really something new for hacking.
But reaaaaly time consuming.

n64billy

Smash Ace

You gonna have the pokemon popping out of the side there like in the 64 version? It could be done easily by replacing the stage transformations of the pokemon stadium stages with animations of the pokemon...

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
is it better to vertex remove polygons from stages or just remove them?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Skyworld Shrine

Goes over Wi-Fi Waiting Room
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6622&Moderated=All

Features:
- Stage with a slope, two fall-through platforms, one of which has ledges.
- A lower area to the right with a wall and ledge
- The left area has a pillar that you can wall-jump off of and even climb over onto the other side.

Known Issues:
- Camera needs some tweaking so the stage doesn't get in the way when in the lower area.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Awesome textures, downloading a few right now. Question: Does Stormy Final Destination cause DeSyncs on WiFi? A few people I have asked gave me mixed responses.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Awesome textures, downloading a few right now. Question: Does Stormy Final Destination cause DeSyncs on WiFi? A few people I have asked gave me mixed responses.
there is 2 versions in Chuy's pac, one does and one doesn't

unrelated, but does anyone know how to add a resource to an exe?

Top Bottom