• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

libertyernie

Smash Ace

Here's a stage expansion pack for Project M 3.6 final! There are four versions, that add 12, 16, 34, and 36 stages respectively. There's no wi-fi safe version this time, but I might make one later if there's enough demand (or someone else can make one.) The pack comes with 36 copies of the Training Room to make sure your icons don't crash.

For the +12 version, only the stages selected in the random stage select will be chosen on random, and the expansion stages will never be chosen.
For the other versions, all stages will be included in random regardless of what the random stage select screen says.

The "hold L" alternate stage loader (http://smashboards.com/threads/407577) is not enabled for STGCUSTOM stages in any of these .gcts - if you want that functionality you'll have to edit the code yourself, at least for now.

If you add stage pictures, you will need to resize your MenSelmapPrevbases so they're smaller! My Stage Manager can do them all at once for you (Tools -> Resize all prevbases).

Song mappings:
STGCUSTOM01 T05.brstm
STGCUSTOM02 X06.brstm
STGCUSTOM03 X10.brstm
STGCUSTOM04 X11.brstm
STGCUSTOM05 X13.brstm
STGCUSTOM06 X15.brstm
STGCUSTOM07 X16.brstm
STGCUSTOM08 X17.brstm
STGCUSTOM09 X18.brstm
STGCUSTOM0A X19.brstm
STGCUSTOM0B X20.brstm
STGCUSTOM0C X21.brstm
STGCUSTOM0D X22.brstm
STGCUSTOM0E X27.brstm
STGCUSTOM0F Y01.brstm
STGCUSTOM10 Y02.brstm
STGCUSTOM11 Y03.brstm
STGCUSTOM12 Y04.brstm
STGCUSTOM13 Y05.brstm
STGCUSTOM14 Y07.brstm
STGCUSTOM15 Y08.brstm
STGCUSTOM16 Y09.brstm
STGCUSTOM17 Y10.brstm
STGCUSTOM18 Y11.brstm
STGCUSTOM19 Y13.brstm
STGCUSTOM1A Y14.brstm
STGCUSTOM1B Y15.brstm
STGCUSTOM1C Y16.brstm
STGCUSTOM1D Y17.brstm
STGCUSTOM1E Z50.brstm
STGCUSTOM1F Z51.brstm
STGCUSTOM20 Z54.brstm
STGCUSTOM21 Z55.brstm
STGCUSTOM22 Z56.brstm
STGCUSTOM23 Z57.brstm
STGCUSTOM24 Z58.brstm

Download: (self-extracting 7-zip file - you can also open it with 7-zip or WinRAR)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u...expansion_template_r1_for_PM_3.6_final.7z.exe
Last updated September 2, 2015

Old version (Project M 3.5):

Here's a stage expansion pack for Project M, but without any stages - just 36 copies of the training room. 36 + 42 = 78 stages total, which is the maximum the SSS can hold.
The screenshots above show the maximum number of stages. The .txt file in the "codes" folder also contains two other SSS codes you could use instead - one has just 6 extra stages on each screen, and one has 8. See the screenshots of the old version (in the spoiler below) - the icon layout is the same.

There are two versions of the pack - one for P:M full set, the other for wi-fi safe. Just put P:M on your card and then copy these files over it.

If you add stage pictures, you will need to resize your MenSelmapPrevbases so they're smaller! My Stage Manager can do them all at once for you (Tools -> Resize all prevbases).

Download: (self-extracting 7-zip file - you can also open it with 7-zip or WinRAR)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/crnbrw1z1a616s2/Stage_expansion_r4_for_PM_3.5.7z.exe
Last updated December 23, 2014

Old version (Project M 3.02):

This is based on my Classic Expansion Pack, but I replaced all the stages with copies of the Training Room, removed all the music, and changed the portraits to say the name of the stage. Basically, it's a template you can use to put your own stages in.
In addition to the 42 stages in Project M already, one template has 36 extra stages, another has 16, and a third has 12. Each uses a different icon layout. All three templates are in the 7-zip archive below.

Download: (self-extracting 7-zip file - you can also open them with 7-zip or WinRAR)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p280mjhhyqtjpi5/PM_3.02_Stage_Exp_Templates_r4.7z.exe
Last updated August 11, 2014

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I've been using your stage expansion packs for Project M since version 2.1. Thanks for keeping them up to date.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Also, if anyone wants to know, this is also compatible with Demo 3.02. The common5.pac file only changed the sc_selcharacter part of the file, so you can just export the sc_selmap with the stage expansion stuff and import it into the 3.02 common5.pac.

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
Also, if anyone wants to know, this is also compatible with Demo 3.02. The common5.pac file only changed the sc_selcharacter part of the file, so you can just export the sc_selmap with the stage expansion stuff and import it into the 3.02 common5.pac.
How do I do that?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'll get around to it soon :) Until then, just use BrawlBox and right-click on the entries in the left-hand panel. There's "export" and "delete" options there.

Wigls

Smash Rookie
What's the font used on the level select screen? The one that says the name of the stage.

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
I'll get around to it soon :) Until then, just use BrawlBox and right-click on the entries in the left-hand panel. There's "export" and "delete" options there.
Yeah can you maybe make a tutorial step by step with pictures on how to correctly install this? Because I tried everything you and others have said exactly and while the extra stages show up on the SSC, it reverts back to vBrawl's SSC with each custom stage just redirecting to the wifi training room stage.

marlinswine

Smash Rookie
This is great. Any chance though of a new 12 stage expansion for 3.02? I find this to be a little too many levels.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
can you make a tutorial that shows how to add the stages? please because i am so confused on how to add the stages onto my Project M and the stages that we can add do they have to be stages built with stage builder or can they be stages that other people made? like the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2OvlNoqPnU

D

Deleted member

Never tried Stage Expansion hacks before. Does this require anything complicated or can I just put any stage on top of the expansion ones?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Never tried Stage Expansion hacks before. Does this require anything complicated or can I just put any stage on top of the expansion ones?
The other thing you need besides the stage .pacs is a .rel file, based on the one the stage was made for, but with 1 byte changed and the file renamed. My site http://lakora.us/rel can do this for you.

How does music work in this case?
Check the .pac filename on this list, and it says which BRSTM plays: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/6.02m/Stage List/ (it's for my other pack, but the stage->song mappings are the same.)

Is this compatible with the ISO builder?
It needs a couple different codes than regular Project M, and you need to add files to the ISO. Not sure how easy/hard this is...

This is great. Any chance though of a new 12 stage expansion for 3.02? I find this to be a little too many levels.
Good idea. I should work on that.

can you make a tutorial that shows how to add the stages? please because i am so confused on how to add the stages onto my Project M and the stages that we can add do they have to be stages built with stage builder or can they be stages that other people made? like the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2OvlNoqPnU
That kind of stage would work; Stage Builder stages won't, because they're in a different format. (Although I think you can still access Stage Builder stages in the normal way if you put them in /projectm/st folder.)

I'm really not very good at writing tutorials/instructions, but I can tell you how to change the stage pictures: they're in common5 -> sc_selmap_en -> MiscData[80], starting with *.61 and going up to *.79.

Yeah can you maybe make a tutorial step by step with pictures on how to correctly install this? Because I tried everything you and others have said exactly and while the extra stages show up on the SSC, it reverts back to vBrawl's SSC with each custom stage just redirecting to the wifi training room stage.
I don't know about the first thing, but all the stages really are the training room. I put 36 copies of it in there, so 7-zip compressed the .exe file very well.

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313

This is based on my Classic Expansion Pack that I uploaded yesterday, but I replaced all the stages with copies of the Training Room, removed all the music, and changed the portraits to say the name of the stage. Basically, it's a template you can use to put your own stages in. There are 36 slots available, in addition to the 42 stages in Project M already.

Download: Stage Expansion Template - PM 3.02.exe (7 MB download; 40.4 MB when uncompressed)
I'm excited about this! I really love what you do, I've been using the Classic Expansion pack and I love it. But now that I think I've figured out .rel files does that mean I can put any stage mod over any slot so long as I put the correct .rel in that slot? Because I might just keep the CEP and just replace any stages I don't like.

Convour

Smash Rookie
I got rid of the "Enable Random Expansion Stages v1.1" code using Ocarina Code Manager. It still loads the expansion stages using random, though. Any thoughts?

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
What's the point of giving a download of a .exe file? Nothing personal but it seems a little shady; also, I run Ubuntu and more often than not .exe files and the like are a pain in the ass to get to work/work correctly. Do you have a .zip?

doom900

Smash Rookie
Any way to use this without replacing the GCT? I use a custom CSS which doesn't seem to work when I replace the GCT with yours.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So...could any of you make a tutorial o explain me how to do this step by step
I've been using Project M for just 1 week and I'm still not familiarized with some of these terms
I downloaded the 78 stages expansion pack based on this one that I found in another site, but the addicional 36 stages do not appear, just the regular 42 with 4 of them changed, but nothing else

ICYoshi

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if it is possible to reduce the additional stage count from 36 to something lower.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
How do you get extra music to work on these stages? The custom sound engine code doesn't work with P:M 3.02, or at least it didn't when I tried, I tried putting the sfx folder in a couple different places in the directory too

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
ok but i think i have it mostly figured out now i just have one more question where do i put the file for the stage expansion in my SD card?

EDIT: do i put it in the root of my SD card or somewhere else?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
ok but i think i have it mostly figured out now i just have one more question where do i put the file for the stage expansion in my SD card?

EDIT: do i put it in the root of my SD card or somewhere else?
I downloaded it from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1vdar4/a_78_stage_build_for_project_m_302_back_and/
It's easier cause the stages are already there, and you can just replace the ones you don't like
I've already replaced some stages and their respective songs so if you need help with that just tell me man
I'm having problems with the songs renaming during the start of the match and with characters textures, so I can't help you with that by now

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Double posting to ask OP if all of the stages in the expansion pack are with the updated camera from 3.0 or not?
All of the stages in this pack are copies of the Training Room, so... kinda.
I still haven't figured out exactly what this "updated camera" entails, but in my Classic Expansion Pack I changed Value17 and Value19 in STPM in all the stages, so hopefully that does it. I didn't want to replace the whole STPM camera data, since there's usually stuff in there specific to how big/small the stage is.

I got rid of the "Enable Random Expansion Stages v1.1" code using Ocarina Code Manager. It still loads the expansion stages using random, though. Any thoughts?
I guess you could try going to the random stage select options and changing something. I think I heard once that that would help.
Next time I'm gonna take this code out, because I think it bugs people ;)

I'm gonna make a 12-stage version too.
By the way, the .exe I uploaded is a 7-zip file, so on Linux you can use 7z/7za to extract it (or, file-roller should open it too.) Unfortunately I don't have WinRAR so I can't make .rar files :/

P.S. To find out what music to replace, look in SONGS REPLACED.txt in projectm/pf/sound/strm.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I got it working! That stage is based on Final Destination, but the .rel file included is for putting a FD-based stage over Brinstar. The .rel files I put in are for FD-based stages over STGCUSTOM, so in this case, you can just use one of those.

EDIT: I updated the download - there are 12- and 36-stage versions now, and they both have the Enable Random Expansion Stages code taken out.

Last edited:

Convour

Smash Rookie
I'm coming across an issue that seems kind of weird. I'm using the 12 stage template. I add a stage to STGCUSTOM01 (Boo Mansion from Theytah's build) and it works fine. I add a second and/or third stage for STGCUSTOM02 and STGCUSTOM03 (Bowser's Castle and Kongo Jungle Melee) and now none of them work, including STGCUSTOM01.

So what I'm finding is that just one stage works, but more than 1 is causing all custom stages to freeze. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but It's quite annoying to me.

Chavelo

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to move and resize the stage preview (the top right image) on the SSS? I'm really liking the 12 stage option back again, but would like to make it look like how the preview looks on default P:M.

If there's a tutorial out there on how to change the position of the preview, please let me know.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So...any plans of doing a 48 stages version?
I currently have 78 stages but I think I don't have enough yet

The Father

Smash Rookie
I got it working! That stage is based on Final Destination, but the .rel file included is for putting a FD-based stage over Brinstar. The .rel files I put in are for FD-based stages over STGCUSTOM, so in this case, you can just use one of those.

EDIT: I updated the download - there are 12- and 36-stage versions now, and they both have the Enable Random Expansion Stages code taken out.
Could you please upload a version with the Enable Random Expansion Stages included? My friend and I almost exclusively choose random every time, and it would be nice to have custom stages included. Also, what are the Codeset.txt files for?

Top Bottom