• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Editor Competition! i am judge.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet

Primarily a 1 vs. 1 stage, but who wouldn't want to dive in there with the other combatants?

Two gladiators go head to head within the pit while other characters can sit in the stands and watch the battle from a more relaxed distance. ..Also, it wouldn't be uncommon for the audience to throw things at the gladiators if they feel the match could use more a bit more violence. I envision this pit constantly being filled with grenades, waddle dee's, turnips.. whatever the crowd can get a hold of..

This was definitely designed with 4 man brawls in mind.

The stage recreates 3 main battle grounds all in 1, the top section resembles a 'Bridge of Eldin' type of battleground, the bridge collapses and the debris falls onto the brawlers below. The middle section recreates a simplistic 'Battlefield', while the bottom section has an underground damage hole for a head to head, high damage fight to the death.

The first one Ive already made at a friends house and its alot of fun. we usually predetermine who will go head to head in the pit and who will have the luxery of watching. I came up with it after I realized that it's difficult to have a smoke while playing a match, without sacrificing key maneuvers. So now when a couple of us want to brawl and the other two just want to chill, we have a gladiator match.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
ok...the last contest was ended and the champion was db777 now i am starting a new one by request!! first round drafts have already been chosen and the winner of round one isssss =snake= with team warzone!! congrats you are automatically placed into the finals which will start after round 5 so start thinking up some good stages!!....round two starts NOW!!!

db777

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if i can enter since i won the last contest but i'll just post some of my stages.

http://

KeyKid19

Smash Ace

First thing I thought of when I thought of memorable places from games I love.

The door is a little off but I think it's pretty cool.

jhorry

Smash Rookie

Well, here is what I hope would be a challenging stage for a 2 on 2 or 4 v 4 brawl.

Essentially, each of the drop blocks would be a hazardous pit fall into the spikes and glass blocks, and KOs would only happen on the sides or the small pit in the middle.

Each player starts out seperate but has to join in on the fun in the center in order to get some kills.

Is it possible to determin where items spawn on your map? I would love these to be placed in the center on a new platform if i could control where items generate.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
Not sure who's incharge here anymore but regardless I like seeing everyone's stages. I figured I should upload some while they're still fresh in my mind.

Essentially, this stage starts off as a mini-game to get to the fighting area. I like navigating through mazes and traps to reach a goal, in this case the goal is the center of the tomb where the battle begins. I understand allot of people would rather get straight to the fighting so I can see why you wouldn't be a fan of this design, but I think it conveys the stage creator's possibilities pretty well.

Also, if you haven't seen the different stage 'themes', Great Tomb looks best with the second theme, it gives it an ancient ruin appearance.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet

Just as it appears, a more basic, straight forward batteground.

Another stage mainly for Team Battle. Two towers act as starting points for each team, the center battle area mimics the walls of Shadow Moses. If one team brings the battle to the enemy tower, the thick walls and narrow ceiling act as a cage and ensure a high damage fight to the death.

db777

Smash Cadet
Not sure who's incharge here anymore but regardless I like seeing everyone's stages. I figured I should upload some while they're still fresh in my mind.

Essentially, this stage starts off as a mini-game to get to the fighting area. I like navigating through mazes and traps to reach a goal, in this case the goal is the center of the tomb where the battle begins. I understand allot of people would rather get straight to the fighting so I can see why you wouldn't be a fan of this design, but I think it conveys the stage creator's possibilities pretty well.

Also, if you haven't seen the different stage 'themes', Great Tomb looks best with the second theme, it gives it an ancient ruin appearance.
I like this stage. Its one of the best ive seen in my opinion. I dont really like serious matches. The fun matches are the best

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
well that wraps up round two the winner is.....keykid19!!! with ridley room! congrats you are allowed to participate in finals which are held after the 5th round...db777 awesome stage but lets give the others a chance eh? haha round 3 starts NOW!!

db777

Smash Cadet
Smash master, i think you make good stages. i'll just look at the upcoming stages and comment on ones i like. and im not sure but i heard u cant make a triforce sign on a stage

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

Description: This is the Super Mario Bros stage from Smash 64. I replaced the POW block with falling blocks, and the blancing platforms with moving platforms. I forgot to replace the Warp Pipes with mushrooms or something else :/

Description: This is Golden Rod City from Pokemon Gold and Silver. Let me explain the formations to you:

Upper Left: Radio Tower
Conveyer Belts: Rail Way
Ladders at top: Exit to next Route.
Upper Right: Gym
Lower Right: Poke Mart
Few spaces next to Mart: Poke Centre
Under Poke Centre: Bill's House (?)
Beside Pokemon Centre: Two generic houses (ways to lead to Radio Tower)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

Description: The moving platforms go too high.

Description: Well, I used dropping blocks to replace the turtle which is now gone. Tingle was also replaced by a single dropping block. Another feature I included was the ladder on the right platform.

Description: This one can't really be made perfectly. I excluded the Klap Traps and logs. The Barrel Launcher was replaced with a moving platfrom. Yeah, it's not really entirely faithful to the original rendition.

Description: The UFO is gone and so is the side platform. Personally, this variation is superior due to it's reduced size.

Description: This is a smaller version of Kongo Jungle 64. It's not really that faithful to it's SSB counterpart, however, it is the best I was capable of doing by utilizing the flash editor.

Description: This one is as faithful as possible to the Melee rendition. I did not insert a substitute for the Bonzai Bill or the Spawning platforms. It's all neutral.

Description: This is more inspired by Rainbow Ride than a re-creation of it. It's a stagnant version of several sections of it. The cruise has been substituted with blocks along the bottom.

NOTE: The flash editor does not provide the option of inserting a wheel which was intended to be a replacement for the swinging boat ship.

Description: Birdo is gone and so are the logs. The Pidgit was replaced by a moving platform. Pretty simple :/

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
well that ends round 3 and the winner is.....rhubarbo!!! great stage remakes!! they look great! runner up is giga skullkid i like that stage try harder next time....congrats rhubarbo you move onto finals which ends after round 5 but sorry finals is rated on creativity so get thinking!! round 4 starts NOW!!!

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice

The Trainer Tower from Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green. Basically you fight in the tower mainly, with hazards like ice blocks (like in the actual game) and some spikes. You can move up and down the building to get out of the boxed area to KO someone. Of course, you can fight on the roof of the tower, and the sides of the tower on the outside make for some fun aerial gameplay.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Well here are some I've come up with for a different thread, but I got some good feedback on them so here they are. Sorry about the size :ohwell:

FFVI floating continent. Solid upper level, pass-through platforms below.

FFVII Cosmo Canyon. Some shops and stuff to fight in, as well as the underground cave of the Gi.

Star Wars Ep III. Site of the fateful duel. Lots of moving platforms and a "lava" pit. Don't forget the high ground!

db777

Smash Cadet
My cpu desk= good stage.

lol at march 9th stage

trainer tower gives me some ideas, very creative

i think mustafar is a good stage too

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Well all my stages so far have been on the "big" setting. I decided to make a small one now, and I think it'll be pretty frantic.

If I understand correctly, those little - in the center of the squares represent character start points. That's what I'm using them for anyways. It's basically just the three pass-through platforms over the "funnel." Should make for fast, aerial-dominated matches. I'm not sure if you can grab ledges that are angled like the inside of the funnel, but either way it should be fine.

Here's one that might look familiar...

It's pretty much a remake of Fourside, but I flipped it so it's Moonside. :chuckle:
I hope there are icy pass-through platforms so I can accurately recreate the UFO.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Walk-off? I don't remember Fourside having a walk-off. If you mean on my design, well I can always redo it on the "big" setting to give it more space, and IIRC the stage creator doesn't allow walk-offs, it adds extra space to the end.

EDIT: I changed it to the "big" setting. I think it takes away some of the confusion factor and looks a little more accurate.

Tastier

Smash Rookie
In this one you have to break the wall to throw oponents of the sides could be fun!

Playing on a slant would really change the dynamics of the game:

The name says it all:

The rest are SSB64 recreations. This is Safron City minus the random pokemon hazard:

DK Jungle. Replaced the barrel with moving platforms:

Zelda's Castle seems kind of odd with out the tower in the background holding up the platforms in the middle.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
wll that wraps up round 4!! and our champion isssss.......KINGOFPING4 WITH HIS MUSTAFAR STAGE! great job on the remake! and very original nice work!! eveyone else this is your last chance to make finals!! round 5 starts NOW!!!!

hpkomic

Smash Rookie
Hopefully I'm following the rules. Here are a bunch of my own stages.

First stage I created when I discovered the flash editor. Not much to say, I like the single long slope coupled with so many platforms on the other side. I'm sure it'd play well, but judging by people's tastes, I'm probably in the minority in enjoying it.

I really, really like this one, symmetrical, but not overly so. The middle section would be awesome to fight around, especially on the lower portion. Wall bouncing, pass through platforms and plety of fighting space. The two moving platforms are simply embellishment, though I can see them being used rather well in battle.

This one is probably a bit larger than it should be, and the sloping floor on either side can probably be reduced and I should remove the down-slopes on either side. That being said, I think the floating platforms would be really useful in the fight, plus there's plenty of open space below for people who prefer a ground-game.

I really like this one. Reminds me of Kongo Jungle in Melee with it's emphasis on layered platforms or a small, bottom level. I love pass-through platforms. There's some excellent variation here, I think. The tiny platforms below the main stage, as well as the vertical moving ones on either side of the stage make for great recovering opportunities.

I'll be interested to see how I can replicate this one in Brawl's editor. Can you set passthrough platforms on top of solid blocks? I don't remember if that's what I did here, but we'll see. Levels can easily be fixed afterall. Once again, symmetry, nobody can complain about unfairness, the pits are entirely avoidable. Moving platforms, once again, are entirely padding, but I think they're adding something pretty neat to the rest of the stage.

I've seen a lot of people replicate Saffron City from SSB, and I can understand why. It's a great stage and sky-scraper fights are awesome. That's why Fourside is my all time favorite Melee stage. This stage is definitely smaller and flatter, but the princible is the same. Along the sides of the building I threw up platforms. Good for recovery and might make for interesting building-side fights. Moving horizontal platforms are probably not needed, once again, added for embellishment. The verticle moving platform in the center gap is something I like.

Trying to find a balance between the stage gimmicks can be challenging. Too little of them on the stage makes you wonder why you bothered, while too many makes the stage look too over the top. Here I think I found a balance. The blocks that fall create gaps between the three fighting platforms. I like the floating pass-through platform on the left, and the moving ones on the right balance out the stage a bit so it doesn't feel like it's leaning in a certain direction.

Simple. Like Battlefield, except with more stuff to do. *shrug*

I hadn't used mushrooms much before, but I like them since they're three platforms in one package, right? Not much to say here. Simple and effective. The slopes limit players a bit, but the floating platform makes up for that, which I can see as being the "main part" of the stage. Once again, I know how basic this is.

From what I can tell about the tourney scene, a lot of level bans are the results of exploits by Fox, right? I crafted this stage as a kind of anti-fox/falco spamming tactic. No long stretches for laser spamming (coughcoughFinalDestination) and a focus on air-combat. Once again, very simple, and you should notice at this point that I LOVE those pass-through platforms SO much. I'm a Ness player, so nothing is greater than being able to PKThunder2 myself through the platform into a crowd of people fighting.

I am not quite sure on all the specifics on Ice. Can the blocks be melted by fire in combat? Can blocks of ice have different shapes such as slopes? Not knowing all the details on the ice block, I decided this may work. You have three main floating plaforms, below you have your last chance recovering area, as well as a more dramatic section with the ice. Any problems with this stage I would attribute to not knowing enough about the way the ice works.

A combination of my crumbling tower stage as well as the first temple stage I posted here. You do have a spot where you can jam someone up against a wall, but not for long since the block will fall. Once again, tried to make the idea of the falling blocks a vital part of the stage, so once their gone, the stage gets much smaller for a while. The moving platforms are entirely optional.

My first real attempt at a stage that controls the movement of the fight. Here, you should really only be able to KO people above, to the left, or below if you can clear out the falling blocks. Lots of moving platforms, and probably the busiest and crowded stage I've done in this editor yet. Strip out the moving platforms if you desire.

A more streamlined version of the prior Layers stage. Should be good for jumping and air-fighting.

This stage is one I really want to see work. However, I know very little about how the conveyor belts work. My original concept was a small platform of solid blocks with a couple right-moving conveyor belts to the right, and the opposite on the left. Unfortunately the converor belts in the flash editor are not level with the blocks. So, anyone, in Brawl, can the conveyor-belts be level with the standard blocks? That being said, this would be a hell of a fun stage. The fact the entire stretch of the stage is a converyor belt requires you to focus on your air-movements. We'll assume that at the middle the right side goes right and the left side goes left. This is one I really want to see become a major level people play, I just need to know all the details and refine it from there. So if anyone can give me some more information, I'll be very grateful.

This was loosely based on the "Fight Club" in Melee's Hyrule Temple. The section at the bottom of the stage with the ceilings, the bouncing, and the small platform to the side. Please ignore the open spots and ramps built into the middle of the lower part of the stage, they were my attempt at tacky decoration.

Not much to say. My least favorite of this batch.

Once again, hoping I am contributing to this thread correctly.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Nice ones. I like mountain slope, temple peak, and not very flat. I'm kinda iffy on the rest though.

I was messing around with something like not very flat, but I couldn't quite find what I was looking for. You hit it pretty good though.

Tastier

Smash Rookie
The bottom half of Pacman's first level without the walls around he outside. It would be fun with friends.

A tetris themed stage with breakable sides.

A Missle Command based stage. It seems fairly neutral.

The bowl seems pretty self explanatory. But the vertical voids are a twist.

Hopefully I win this time around.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
round 5 is NOT over yet...even though there are lots of stages above, i only take one from each person....so 3 stages are still eligible......keep posting!!

Top Bottom