• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Editor Competition! i am judge.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, this is awesome. Great find, OP. I have to request that you post yours, I'll finish mine in a bit.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
ok so hitzel i tryed gettin my pic in here but they way i thought to do it doesnt work...how'd you do yours?

Hitzel

Smash Ace
the print screen button next to the backspace key, then I put it on photobucket.

The print screen button copies your screen like a picture, so you can paste it into paint, photoshop, etc, save it, and then put it on an image hosting website like photobucket or imageshack.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
i have decided since i am judge i cannot post my own...so far hitzel is in first due to no other entries...

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
good lookin level...but whats the dif. between green blue yellow and red? and also how did you extend the arrows?

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
I call it...

"DONKII KONG"

It's a loose recreation of first level of the original Donkey Kong game.
Just... now there's more hazards. =D
As you can see. The only REAL safe zones, are where Donkey Kong Sits. (Top Left.) And Where Peach is. (Top Platform.)
Everything else just moves down until you reach a spikey death. Or get thrown off the sides. Either,Or.

Also. The Spawn Points would be on the ice blocks. Jumping across as frozen spikey maze is the only way to make it to safety now!

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
:laugh:

Um, yeah. When I did print screen, it took a picture of my whole screen, not just the stage thing, so I blacked the rest out... How do I fix that?:confused:

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
haha your right pretty random but could be pretty intense....you fix it by when you past it into paint you click on the dotted square tool and then drag it over your stage and then right click and click "copy" then click new in paint and dont save the changes then paste one more time but this time it will only be your stage get it? its kinda hard to explain...do you have more? im pretty bored so i have made quite a few we could exchange haha

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
haha your right pretty random but could be pretty intense....you fix it by when you past it into paint you click on the dotted square tool and then drag it over your stage and then right click and click "copy" then click new in paint and dont save the changes then paste one more time but this time it will only be your stage get it? its kinda hard to explain...do you have more? im pretty bored so i have made quite a few we could exchange haha
Mhm... I still don't understand.:ohwell:

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
alright umm lets go all the way through the process

step 1. make your stage
step 2. cntrl + print screen
step 3. open paint
step 4. click "edit" then click "paste"
step 5. use the "select" tool .....looks like a dotted-line box in uper right of the tools
step 6. click and hold top left of your stage, then drag to bottom right, release
step 7. right click in the center of your stage and click "copy"
step 8. open a new paint document, do not save
step 9. click "edit" then "Paste" (now you have just your stage on the screen)
step 10. click "file" then "save as" and save it
step 11. upload your pic into photobucket or w/e you use
step12. copy the link into your reply

like this....

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
but remember i am judging in groups of five, there is 4 entries so far...so only one more before i pic who goes onto the finals so dont give all your quite yet....

NeoZ

Smash Ace
alright umm lets go all the way through the process

step 1. make your stage
step 2. cntrl + print screen
step 3. open paint
step 4. click "edit" then click "paste"
step 5. use the "select" tool .....looks like a dotted-line box in uper right of the tools
step 6. click and hold top left of your stage, then drag to bottom right, release
step 7. right click in the center of your stage and click "copy"
step 8. open a new paint document, do not save
step 9. click "edit" then "Paste" (now you have just your stage on the screen)
step 10. click "file" then "save as" and save it
step 11. upload your pic into photobucket or w/e you use
step12. copy the link into your reply

like this....
You still left the whole screen on the pic.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
ohhh i thought you meant how it showed your whole computer screen alright...well you just drag the corner of your white paint canvase to fit your stage. i think lemme try

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Clock Tower Roof from The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask

No walk off edges, so a KO can occur from top bottom or left/right.

Hazard involving the four giants preventing the moon from crashing into the town. Now unless you touch/are knocked into the fiery crashing moon, you're safe, so this hazard can be used to gain a tactical advantage.

Very morbid stage, music wise.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
ok, i have no idea what you mean by the whole moon thing but yeah, alright well thats 5,,,,now is the start of a new round i'll inform you of the winner of round 1 shortly....keep posting!

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
well congratulations to "linkNsnake4main" you are the winner of round 1 you move onto the finals which start friday....and to the rest of you there is still time to make it, actually there is alot of time, so keep posting im off to bed for tonight, hope to see you all tommorow

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
ok, i have no idea what you mean by the whole moon thing but yeah, alright well thats 5,,,,now is the start of a new round i'll inform you of the winner of round 1 shortly....keep posting!
Here this might help :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-4zppf5NM

This is the first game that really freaked me out (before i was a silent hill fan.)

Still gives me the shivers!

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Spear Pillar is a place in the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl games where you encountered Dialga or Palkia (respectively) the legendary Pokémon controlling Time and Space. I think this would make for a very cool stage... A picture of the Spear Pillar ingame:

And my idea for a stage:

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
these stages are looking pretty good you guys in round two there are 4 entries one more can make it into this round, i will then be picking a winner to move onto the finals....if you dont make it please dont stop posting there is still lots of time left to get into the finals, round three will start immediately after round two!!

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
k well i like db777 map very symmetrical (cept for mushrooms) lots of jumping on that one and teching.

and xbrinkx yours is i a bit crazy in the sense that people are gonna hit like 300 b4 they die. reason being is that in the mid were the mushroom look cave( if that is a mushroom) there just going to be bouncing around in there till the fall out from the bottom. but still cool

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
oh and i noticed whoever makes that little stage flash has added new tools,, anyone know what they do?? i cant seem to figure it out haha

Top Bottom