• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Editor Competition! i am judge.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I have another entry besides this one, but I think you'll like this one better. I put both originally then I saw "One more entry".

I just realized we don't even know if Mr. Game & Watch will be returning. I think we all assume he will since he's so original, but really, we can't follow Sakurai's reasoning. He has a very complex mind.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
well thats the end of round two comgratulations to db777 you are our round winner you move onto the finals, as for the rest of you round three starts now.

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
one more stage entry,,, whatcha got jonkil :p
haha ive had ideas but with what that editor had i couldn't really express it with it. and really i was just looking at those and thought cool but needs work but there still good. ill post one today or this weekend :) not for the comp tho :p just for fun

db777

Smash Cadet
it says how to post a stage on one of the pages in this thread.

i already have a stage that i think can win.:grin:

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
2 stages are in, db777 that stage doesnt count your already in the finals. but good job though.....3 more stages before i start round 4 these are looking good you guys

db777

Smash Cadet
ok i'll wait till the finals. On the stage editor, are the brown blocks with the triangles in them breakable

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Meh. I guess I'll enter this stage. It's the S.S. Anne from the Pokemon series. It's basic, but it would be cool. No stage hazards. The left and right edges can be grabbed.

Orsist

Smash Cadet
I couldn't help myself. I love making stages! So here is another.

This stage had Meteor Smashes and aerial fights in mind.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
ok guys well thats the end of round three great job to all of you! our winner is.....knux echidna! with his ss anna stage, great creativity. round 4 starts now this is your last chance to get into the finals, so do your best!!

Orsist

Smash Cadet
Well, since nobody else seems to be posting, I guess I'll kick off round 4 then!

OMG TETRIS, should be complete with song!

Shark X

Smash Lord

2 Stage: For lack of a better name so far (I'll get more creative with the name when I get Brawl). One side similar to Battlefeild, the other side...not sure what it's similar to, but I remember seeing it (Halberd?). Fight on which side you feel like, switch later, or throughout the course of the fight, you'll be on both stages. Might take a triple jump to get between the two stages.

Spike Trap: This one seems like a fun idea to me. No ground battles. Climb ladders, jump off the ladders, and attack others who might be climbing ladders, and try to grab a ladder before you land on the spikes. This is assuming you can grab onto ladders in midair. The only problem is, I don't exactly know how the begining spawn points will work out in this stage.

Unnamed: This one is a stage I'm not so sure about. Basically just an idea I had. I'll create it first, try it, and if I like it, I'll keep it the way it is. If not, maybe I'll turn them into falling platforms, like the now classic Stage Builder video. A "Keep jumping on the platforms so you don't touch the spikes" kinda deal. If I don't like that, I'll delete it.

db777

Smash Cadet
o really. .........yes lol. do u have any good stages that you made with the flash editor smash master?

ZAxel

Smash Cadet
Here's my first one. It might be a little hard to play on.

Each Dedede is a character spawn point.

I also considered putting this as the comment:
"NOTE: TOURNAMENT BANNED"

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is still a contest or not, but here's one either way. "P" obviously means spawn point. P1-Red, P2-Blue, P3-Yellow, P4-Green.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
Few more.

There wasn't really a way to make an "O".

The four platforms in the middle are supposed to be one of the wheel things.

PT8Sceptile

Smash Rookie
Here's mine:

The name is "The cannon", because that structure looks like a cannon, and because the only direction to KO opponents to is upwards, which is like getting shot out from the inside of a cannon.

The stage is absolutely filled with hazards. The most dangerouns points are the tunnel at the bottom and the pits on the sides. The tunnel is somewhat easy to avoid, but you're constantly risking getting plummeted to the bottom by a powerful blow and a bounce off a block. If you accidentally get yourself to the middle of the tunnel, it's bouncing in spikes and getting a slight percentage boost.

The pits on the sides are possible to avoid, but deadly. If you fall down, pray that either a: your character can walljump, or b: your character has a great vertical recovery. If the block manages to materialize again... Well, let's just say that you're temporarily out of the match bouncing in the pit until your opponent decides to release you by dropping the platform above (and by then you're probably at 999% and will die thanks to the spikes shooting you off the top of the screen). Due to traps like this, a time limit on this stage is recommended.

The middle part has several platforms you can move on. The platform in the middle is the only "safe area" of the stage, and even that has spikes on the edges. Everywhere else you're on moving and falling platforms and constantly risking getting thrown to the spikes. You can also try to cling to the ladders, but then you can't really guard yourself when the opponent comes after you.

This stage fits best in 4 player brawls just because of the incredible mayhem it causes. You'll be watching your step everywhere. Thankfully, falling doesn't mean death, but it certainly means a lot of pain. Also, it should be played in a time limited stock match to make the "pits" on the sides fair (altough if 2 people get stuck and the other 2 lose all their stocks, be ready to exit the match).

dustyjuicebox

Smash Cadet

This is my stage. Basically you spawn at the bottom and try to get to the top before the other people so you can stand on the blocks and make them fall as people try to get up. But be warned, for once you use a block it wont re appear for a while letting people get up to you. Ladders are easier to access while platforms are faster. Which will you choose?

i hope my image shows up

Top Bottom