• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Clocktower was not made by Nintendo, so it won't happen (and that's a shame)

The best choice for a creepy stage would be Eternal Darkness, but it was already completely ignored in Brawl, except in the chronicles. And that's a shame too.
I know Clock Tower isn't made by Nintendo as it was created by Human and now belongs to Capcom as the series ended there.

Not to mention Eternal Darkness still belongs to Rare and since we know Rare now belongs to Microsoft and Nintendo definitely don't wanna get involved with them, yup Rare games have no chances at all.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, in this video, there's a Shellcreeper trophy, with a trophy box for seven Mario Bros trophies... Does this mean the return of the Mario Bros stage?

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I hope not. Mario Bros. was my least favorite brawl stage. Id much, MUCH rather see Mushroom Kingdom 2 from Melee or (Arceus Willing) Pictochat 2 from the 3DS version

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
Why is it always 8-bit... If it was as beautiful as the CGI I would be so happy, as Duck Hunt is my main. Anyways, the Dog appears in the background... so does that mean when Duck Hunt is played Alfonzo appears... "leave it to me" (sorry)

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm so glad Duck Hunt gets a stage! Here's hoping for every character to get a representative stage...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Was really hoping this stage would get the HD treatment, given how gorgeous the plains looked in the CG sequence, but alas, it joins Pacland.

Also, the 8-Bit Dog is a platform. Donkey Kong landed on it. Kind of a pointless platform since he's there for 3 seconds then dives back down, but hey. Maybe it's an auto-KO if someone stays on him when he dives back down.

domokl

Smash Lord
When the trailer was going I was so scared duck hunt wasn't getting a stage since it didn't show until the end. phew

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
So far Unlockable stages:

-Pokemon Stadium 2
-PAC-LAND
-Smashville
-Kongo Jungle
-Duck Hunt

Hinted/Probably:
:rumblefalls: Grumble Falls
:pirateship: Pirate Ship
:npc: New Pork City
:flatzone2: Flat Zone 2

domokl

Smash Lord
So far Unlockable stages:

-Pokemon Stadium 2
-PAC-LAND
-Smashville
-Kongo Jungle
-Duck Hunt

Hinted/Probably:
:rumblefalls: Grumble Falls
:pirateship: Pirate Ship
:npc: New Pork City
:flatzone2: Flat Zone 2
game and watch will probably get a new stage and how is rumble falls been hinted?

killer9260

Smash Rookie
I'm not expecting any more 3rd party stages meaning from the MegaMan, Sonic, Pac-Man, or Xenoblade Series.
but it would be nice to have another stage from MegaMan 2, a new Stage based off the Sonic Adventure series (City Escape, Station Square,etc.) A Pac-Man World themed stage, and another Xenoblade based stage. But again, it would be nice to have these stages even though I don't see any of my ideas come to life :(
A new stage that I'm expecting is some sort of Flat Zone 3, it would be pretty weird if we don't get it...
Anyways, These are stages I want for them to return:
Dreamland (N64)
Hyrule Castle (N64)
Mute City (Melee)
Fountain Of Dreams (Melee)
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
New Pork City (Brawl) (I thought it was too big in Brawl but this stage could work in 8 players)
And the last returning stage I want is:
Shadow Moses Island (Brawl)
I just want to go into a bit of a rant but, if Snake isn't in the game, imagine all the MGS songs we could've get...

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm not expecting any more 3rd party stages meaning from the MegaMan, Sonic, Pac-Man, or Xenoblade Series.
but it would be nice to have another stage from MegaMan 2, a new Stage based off the Sonic Adventure series (City Escape, Station Square,etc.) A Pac-Man World themed stage, and another Xenoblade based stage. But again, it would be nice to have these stages even though I don't see any of my ideas come to life :(
A new stage that I'm expecting is some sort of Flat Zone 3, it would be pretty weird if we don't get it...
Anyways, These are stages I want for them to return:
Dreamland (N64)
Hyrule Castle (N64)
Mute City (Melee)
Fountain Of Dreams (Melee)
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
New Pork City (Brawl) (I thought it was too big in Brawl but this stage could work in 8 players)
And the last returning stage I want is:
Shadow Moses Island (Brawl)
I just want to go into a bit of a rant but, if Snake isn't in the game, imagine all the MGS songs we could've get...
Xenoblade is not third party actually.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Xenoblade isn't third party.

Edit: Late on that one. See kids, this is why you don't go into a thread, get distracted by another tab for half an hour, only to go back in and post again without refreshing.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I think we can scrap Pirate Ship completely, unfortunately, due to "The Great Sea" being a track used in Skyloft. That probably means that Wind Waker gets a completely new stage though, whoch ties in nicely with Wind Waker HD's Wii U release.

Game and watch needs a new stage, hopefull one that isn't a "Flatzone" stage. I hope for something more "Old School"..heh

STill got my fingers crossed for a Wario Land Shake It stage and I am pretty sure we can expect one additional Kirby stage, too. :-)

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The discussion ended a while back but as for a creepy stage, Nintendo owns the Fatal Frame series now, and it has at least two different trophies in the Wii U version and one in the 3DS, so it's possible and semi-likely that we could get a Fatal Frame stage on Wii U.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I think we can scrap Pirate Ship completely, unfortunately, due to "The Great Sea" being a track used in Skyloft. That probably means that Wind Waker gets a completely new stage though, whoch ties in nicely with Wind Waker HD's Wii U release.

Game and watch needs a new stage, hopefull one that isn't a "Flatzone" stage. I hope for something more "Old School"..heh

STill got my fingers crossed for a Wario Land Shake It stage and I am pretty sure we can expect one additional Kirby stage, too. :-)
G&W's stage will always be "Flat Zone", but rather than a single screened version like we usually had in the previous, and since we'll be having more of the expanded stages for the 8-player Smash, I guess they'll plan to have the multi screened version of Flat Zone, like Green House, Gold Cliff, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros. etc.
Wario in Smash is mainly focused on the "Warioware" series rather than "Wario Land", so I doubt there will be any stages from there including characters as trophies. And as I still believe "Sakurai NEVER brings any Kirby related things that's NOT made by himself", I highly doubt there will be any stages from any recent Kirby games. Sound's discriminated, but its been like this in the past many times, so if that's how he's gonna work, then we can't help it but follow.

The discussion ended a while back but as for a creepy stage, Nintendo owns the Fatal Frame series now, and it has at least two different trophies in the Wii U version and one in the 3DS, so it's possible and semi-likely that we could get a Fatal Frame stage on Wii U.
I was thinking about a Fatal Frame stage too. But rather choosing the recent 5th sequel which is too new, I think they'll choose the 4th sequel, possibly the Rougetsu Island. It may look similar to Luigi Mansion, but we can bring the main villain/final boss as the stage boss.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
not really its a new remix not the one from melee and some stages have different versions of the same track

not saying that pirate ship will return its just not enough to count it out entirely

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
not really its a new remix not the one from melee and some stages have different versions of the same track

not saying that pirate ship will return its just not enough to count it out entirely
And there's always the possibility that some songs can appear in multiple stages.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
And there's always the possibility that some songs can appear in multiple stages.
Maybe not all, one can be newly arranged, others can be reused from Brawl or Melee, others can be reused from the original game. So there can be 3-4 same but different songs if possible.

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
I hope Great Cave Offensive isn't the only new Kirby stage in this game. There HAS to be a Return to dream land stage there just has to be, that game was awesome.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Did anyone noticed on the duck hunt trailer that his stage looks more a cardboard rather than 8 bits,I mean in the far left of the screen you can see the grass growing in awkward way.

And at this pace the only series without a new stage are F-Zero,Earthbound and R.O.B Game & Watch .

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if this has been mentioned. But it would be pretty cool to see Great Bay return for possible 3DS DLC. I think it would suit the 3DS well. Also it fits with the upcoming Majora's Mask remake.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Metroid: Other M music appeared on Norfair despite Pyrosphere's existence! Stages still don't seem to share exactly the same song, but it's good news nonetheless.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Metroid: Other M music appeared on Norfair despite Pyrosphere's existence! Stages still don't seem to share exactly the same song, but it's good news nonetheless.
Yeah but that's not the same as sharing the exactly same piece of music...

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I just want Magicant on the Wii U. And Mute City. But mostly Magicant.
Yeah, Magicant was a great stage
If Magicant appears in Wii U, and since the 3DS version takes place in the first MOTHER, maybe the Wii U version will be a Earthbound version. You know those zigzaggy crazy looking one than the smooth cloudy stage.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Actually I'd be upset if they changed Magicant (other than tweaking the Flying Men), it's so good as it is.

Top Bottom