• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of stages, we've basically got confirmation that another stage will probably be released on the same day. On the website, there's 4 solo stages listed under the DLC section. The file names are also numbered:

stage_1.jpg (Dream Land)
stage_2.jpg (Hyrule Castle)
stage_3.jpg (Peach's Castle)
stage_5.jpg (Super Mario Maker)

Plus, the Super Mario Maker trailers clearly show a missing slot in the roster.

This has already been brought up elsewhere, but now that its finally been posted here, I figured it'd be useful to discuss the possible missing stage.

Personally, my bets are on a Melee stage, most likely Kongo Jungle Melee IMO. A new stage is possible, but I doubt we'll get a new stage (as much as I'd love to see it).

A Pokemon Melee stage is also possible, though, I suppose.
theres plenty of possibilities i guess we'll find out soon enough

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
This has already been brought up elsewhere, but now that its finally been posted here, I figured it'd be useful to discuss the possible missing stage.
Was that Dr. Mario stage leak ever proven fake or not? It could be that or another classic stage.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just so that everyone knows in advance, the Pirate Ship stage is Wii U exclusive, so it's not available to purchase at all for the Smash 3DS owners.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I didn't catch it at first. So 3DS owners get Duck Hunt instead, that's cool.

This also sets a precedent for future stages.

We got the first paid DLC exclusive to one version (seems that any new stages will always be on both versions tho), first stage ported between games (we could see others maybe in the future, but probably only if they evenly exchange the number of stages), first stage(s) to use music tracks on already existing content, not just 64 returning stages.

We could potentially see a lot of "past" stages on Wii U and 3DS shift between versions now, and maybe some exclusive ones like Magicant and Mute City. However, most likely, the stages will only be ported over if there's an even exchange.

This probably decreases the likelihood of seeing Kongo Jungle Melee, though, and other stages like that, and instead they'd shift stages between versions. Say, an even exchange of Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle 64. Or if we get other Wii U exclusive DLC stages, such as New Pork City (this one is a likely candidate for being Wii U exclusive), we could get another Wii U stage shifted over to 3DS.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Reset Bomb Forest and Magicant need to be on the Wii U, and Skyworld on 3DS

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Pirate ship does break a lot of assumptions we've had about DLC Stages, and all of a sudden that makes me really, really want Yoshi's Island to come to Wii U from 3DS, and to a far lesser extent, Melee Pokemon Stadium. If an equal exchange is required, we could give Smashville to the 3DS and Melee PS could go to both version. But Yoshi's Island from Brawl and SSB3DS is one of my favorite stages in the series, and having it in tournament would be a blessing

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I vote New Pork City because Lucas needs a stage. Also, maybe port Unova league to Wii U so we can possibly get Vs N theme in it.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Considering that 3DS got a Wii U stage. A 3DS stage on the Wii U looks more and more possible. Now I wonder, if you could see 1 3DS stage on the Wii U. Which one would you pick? For me it would be a struggle to choose Corneria, Arena Ferox, or Magicant.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Considering that 3DS got a Wii U stage. A 3DS stage on the Wii U looks more and more possible. Now I wonder, if you could see 1 3DS stage on the Wii U. Which one would you pick? For me it would be a struggle to choose Corneria, Arena Ferox, or Magicant.
The rason why the 3DS got a Duck Hunt port is most likely because the Wii U had an exclusive DLC stages as a way to balance things out. Unless the 3DS gets an exclusive stage, I don't see a 3DS stage ported on Wii U.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
The rason why the 3DS got a Duck Hunt port is most likely because the Wii U had an exclusive DLC stages as a way to balance things out. Unless the 3DS gets an exclusive stage, I don't see a 3DS stage ported on Wii U.
I've thought that too. But c'mon, a 3ds stage on the Wii U would be god damn glorious. Even though the chance is slim, I'm still saying my prayers to Sakurai every night in hope of a 3ds stage on wii u. I really want Magicant and Arena Ferox on the wii u (Coneria and Brinstar to ofcourse).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The problem is they added a stage to Wii U they couldn't make on 3DS (because there's no swimming on the 3DS). So barring an even exchange I don't really see another stage shift.

The only way I see us getting a 3DS stage on Wii U is getting a Wii U stage added on 3DS; any NEW stages will take both versions into consideration and won't be exclusive (and there's no reason for any new stages to be 3DS exclusive).

I'd bet on Kongo Jungle 64 getting the 3DS treatment (so all 64 stages are now on both versions) while either Magicant or Mute City get on the Wii U if anything, but I still doubt an even exchange like this happening.

Ideally, I'd really like to see both Magicant and Mute City eventually get to Wii U, since neither franchise has a new stage on Wii U, and I'd like to see classic stages on Wii U for Metroid and DK get shifted to 3DS, so there's at least two stages each for those larger franchises instead of ONLY a single classic stage.

It would be neat if a Ridley-less Pyrosphere could end up on 3DS, but I doubt they'd do that. So probably Norfair instead.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope more Brawl stages come back, especially Frigate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone and New Pork City (still shocked it's not in already with Lucas DLC and 8-player smash), but I would also like for a lot of Melee stages to come back. Big Blue, Rainbow Cruise, Poké Floats 2, Fourside, Great Bay, Brinstar Depths. There's a sever lack of them.
Of course I'm only talking about the WiiU version, the only which matters.
Also yeah, because 3DS got a free WiiU stage, there should be at least one 3DS stage that WiiU owners get for free. But honestly all 3DS stages should get ported on WiiU. The faster we forget the portable version existed the better it is.

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
YOSHI'S. ISLAND. PLEASE.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
The Wind Waker pirate ship stage has now become my favorite final-destination stage. It feels so epic, especially with the changing weather. Plus, I love how they included the ladder to show how a fighter might actually make it onto the platform.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The Wind Waker pirate ship stage has now become my favorite final-destination stage. It feels so epic, especially with the changing weather. Plus, I love how they included the ladder to show how a fighter might actually make it onto the platform.
Not to mention how it's actually one of the towers you can find in the ocean in Wind Waker.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Pirate Ship's Omega form was literally the incentive for me to get it. It's so good! :D Even more so as I finally got into Wind Waker thing year.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Kind of makes me wish the Omega Orbital Gate Assault stage had something similar instead of a flying block cruising around the space station.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wait, nobody talk about Midgar?

How cool it looks? What kind of music if will have? How the summons system works?
HOW THERE'S BAHAMUT ZERO WITH TERA FLARE?

The summon system looks cool. Seems like you have to collect the red orb first, and the summon belongs to the player. We can see Toon Link with the same red aura as Cloud during the Ifrit summon!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So apparently, the summons are, er... summoned, be special items that only appear in this stage.

Seems that means if you have items turned off, you get a new Battlefield with Midgar in the background and some epic Final Fsntasy music.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So apparently, the summons are, er... summoned, be special items that only appear in this stage.

Seems that means if you have items turned off, you get a new Battlefield with Midgar in the background and some epic Final Fsntasy music.
No, they're stage hazards, meaning that they can't be disabled.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ah. I read in the Cloud forum that they were like items for the stage, and wouldn't show up if items were turned off. What you said actually makes more sense.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Considering that you can't disable the fruits on Tortimer Island or the pellets on Distant Planet, even if the summon materia act as an item, we won't be able to disable summons.

Top Bottom