• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
I just found this video, though it's likely to be taken down too, I dunno. Nintendo has been awfully strict on what kind of content they want showcased.

Anyway, although the background for me personally still looks awfully dark when offstage, I'm looking forward to playing on this again. :)

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen

Guys I finally know where the pic is from. Its from Mushroom Kingdom U. The room with the water. If Kamek use his spell the background get this color. Sorry no Wind Waker Stage =/

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
So The 3DS and WiiU version both have 29 new stages? I know the WiiU version has more stages bt I'm talking about stages that are new, and I was specting the WiiU version to have more wiiu stages, Something that I love from the 3ds version it was the fact that it is the first smash bros game that has more stages from that generation and I love that, I mean its like being in those games that I own in my 3ds. Somebody was specting that?

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I dont think this is all the stages. We havent seen any others but remember, footage is coming from people with embargo agreements.

Astrogamer

Smash Cadet
That remains to be seen, as it is far from obvious (could you show us it really is that stage?)
Pretty sure it is. I thought that was discovered soon after the Direct. The water matches when Mushroom Kingdom U fills up with water and the background gains that tint whenever Game & Watch does his final smash. It's a bit of a bother to find since that seems to rarely happen. I recall seeing some footage from E3 showing how it looks though. It's a similar texture to the Water spouting up in the stage (which is in an official pic of the day)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Pretty sure it is. I thought that was discovered soon after the Direct. The water matches when Mushroom Kingdom U fills up with water and the background gains that tint whenever Game & Watch does his final smash. It's a bit of a bother to find since that seems to rarely happen. I recall seeing some footage from E3 showing how it looks though. It's a similar texture to the Water spouting up in the stage (which is in an official pic of the day)
Actually, the picture shows Octopus over an ocean, not a geyser, so it cannot be Mushroom Kingdom U (unless it does create an ocean at some point and I simply forgot about it)

Last edited:

Astrogamer

Smash Cadet
Actually, the picture shows Octopus over an ocean, not a geyser, so it cannot be Mushroom Kingdom U (unless it does create an ocean at some point and I simply forgot about it)
It does create an ocean. That is what I was referring to. It's just a rare occurence. Found some footage of it. While this footage has it happen in the castle, it should happen for all the segments and if it were to happen one of those outside areas while Game & Watch does his final smash, it should produce the scene in the screenshot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQ1BsLlzn8

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It does create an ocean. That is what I was referring to. It's just a rare occurence. Found some footage of it. While this footage has it happen in the castle, it should happen for all the segments and if it were to happen one of those outside areas while Game & Watch does his final smash, it should produce the scene in the screenshot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQ1BsLlzn8
Well, you're right.... but it doesn't officialy deconfirm Pirate Ship though.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Pirate Ship is already disconfirmed, its songs are used in Skyloft did it not?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Pirate Ship is already disconfirmed, its songs are used in Skyloft did it not?
Well, we've seen that there are some songs that play on multiple stages, but I'm starting to face the harsh reality that it really doesn't seem like Wind Waker has a stage in the game at this point. There might still be stages we don't know about, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there aren't. I'm hoping for stage DLC and in it the return of Pirate Ship, or a new Wind Waker stage altogether if neither are present in the game already.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, we've seen that there are some songs that play on multiple stages, but I'm starting to face the harsh reality that it really doesn't seem like Wind Waker has a stage in the game at this point. There might still be stages we don't know about, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there aren't. I'm hoping for stage DLC and in it the return of Pirate Ship, or a new Wind Waker stage altogether if neither are present in the game already.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't any Wind Waker stage, especially since the 3DS one got Spirit Train

Naoshi

I don't recall any songs being shared across stages, any examples? There are multiple songs with the same name but actual different songs, so be sure not to mistaken those as the same.

Not exactly..... There is a "Great Sea" song confirmed, but it isn't Brawl's, as it combines the Main Menu's theme as well.....
Ah, okay. Although that's still not a good sign... because wouldn't that song be included with Pirate Ship instead of Skyloft?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't recall any songs being shared across stages, any examples? There are multiple songs with the same name but actual different songs, so be sure not to mistaken those as the same.

Ah, okay. Although that's still not a good sign... because wouldn't that song be included with Pirate Ship instead of Skyloft?
I think not..... After all, I've seen the Spirit Tracks music on Hyrule Temple...
There's also a Super Mario World remix on Mushroom Kingdom U and yet, Yoshi's Island Melee still shows up....

Naoshi

I think not..... After all, I've seen the Spirit Tracks music on Hyrule Temple...
You can't really compare that. The Spirit Train level is on the 3DS version, and both version of Smash shares some tracks.

Despite that, there is absolutely no stages on the same version that shares each others' tracks.

There's also a Super Mario World remix on Mushroom Kingdom U and yet, Yoshi's Island Melee still shows up...
Yeah, that's a pretty good point since you've mentioned the Great Sea song is not the same one from Pirate Ship. But then again, the SMW remix in question was the Fortress theme, which suits NSMBU's stage more because there is an actual fortress segment.

Though, I still wouldn't hold my breath for it... :( I really want that stage as much as you do. It's one of my favorites from Brawl.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
After doing a little research, I might have been wrong. I know that someone in the Social Thread a while back said Pyrosphere and Norfair shared a track, and I read something about stages sharing tracks somewhere on Smashboards later on. I guess I assumed too quickly. I should have checked before making that statement.

Naoshi

After doing a little research, I might have been wrong. I know that someone in the Social Thread a while back said Pyrosphere and Norfair shared a track, and I read something about stages sharing tracks somewhere on Smashboards later on. I guess I assumed too quickly. I should have checked before making that statement.
I don't fault you, some tracks has very similar names (because Smash loves remixing the same exact songs a lot).

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I would prefer they add a new Pokemon stage. However, if they had Saffron City return, would the Pokemon coming out still be in 2D?

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
They should add a new pokémon stage based in the remakes, It could be a pack with mewtwo in it. 2 stages is so weird to pokémon and more in the 3ds version where Pokemon is the king, and in the wiiu verson they use one of the worst again, why not pokemon stadium 1?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
They should add a new pokémon stage based in the remakes, It could be a pack with mewtwo in it. 2 stages is so weird to pokémon and more in the 3ds version where Pokemon is the king, and in the wiiu verson they use one of the worst again, why not pokemon stadium 1?
My guess is because 2 had better graphics and actually had Pokemon.

Naoshi

I would prefer they add a new Pokemon stage. However, if they had Saffron City return, would the Pokemon coming out still be in 2D?
I wouldn't mind for the sake of authenticity and making them stand out from Pokeball Pokemon. Electrode is the only Saffron City Pokemon I'm aware of that's also a Pokeball Pokemon.

Naoshi

To break it down for both SSB4 Wii U and 3DS:

Mario: 11 (or 12 counting the Super Mario World stage that is labeled as Yoshi)
Zelda: 5
Pokemon: 4
Donkey Kong: 4
Metroid: 3
Yoshi: 3 (or 2 if you count the SMW stage mentioned from before as just Mario's stage)
Star Fox: 3
Kirby: 3
Fire Emblem: 3
Kid Icarus: 3
Animal Crossing: 3

The rest have either 2 or 1 stage total. Mario has triple the amount of Pokemon stages. Mario's count is very much justified considering how big of a deal his franchise is, from sales and the amount of popular spinoffs he has spawn.

If we were to only count the new stages and none of the returning ones, it'll look like this:

Mario: 7
Zelda: 3
Pokemon: 3
Donkey Kong: 1
Metroid: 1
Yoshi: 1
Star Fox: 1
Kirby: 2
Fire Emblem: 2
Kid Icarus: 2
Animal Crossing: 2

Take it as you will. Personally I feel Pokemon deserves another new stage, as does DK and Metroid definitely.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To break it down for both SSB4 Wii U and 3DS:

Mario: 11 (or 12 counting the Super Mario World stage that is labeled as Yoshi)
Zelda: 5
Pokemon: 4
Donkey Kong: 4
Metroid: 3
Yoshi: 3 (or 2 if you count the SMW stage mentioned from before as just Mario's stage)
Star Fox: 3
Kirby: 3
Fire Emblem: 3
Kid Icarus: 3
Animal Crossing: 3

The rest have either 2 or 1 stage total. Mario has triple the amount of Pokemon stages. Mario's count is very much justified considering how big of a deal his franchise is, from sales and the amount of popular spinoffs he has spawn.

If we were to only count the new stages and none of the returning ones, it'll look like this:

Mario: 7
Zelda: 3
Pokemon: 3
Donkey Kong: 1
Metroid: 1
Yoshi: 1
Star Fox: 1
Kirby: 2
Fire Emblem: 2
Kid Icarus: 2
Animal Crossing: 2

Take it as you will. Personally I feel Pokemon deserves another new stage, as does DK and Metroid definitely.
DK really should've gotten a new 3DS stage. There's no justification for that. I wouldn't think it'd be too big a deal for Metroid, but FE has two new stages, so Metroid should as well.

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Pokémon games are the reason thousands of people buy the nintendo portable consoles, I buy my 3DXL 5 months before Pokémon X/Y, and the only reason I got it before was because my parents gave it to me as a surprise preset. I was saving and decide to buy the console for Pokémon, not only that all my friends boiught a 3DS/XL/2DS only for Pokémon X/Y and one exgirlfriend and a cousin are goin to buy the console only for the remakes. That's the power of Pokémon, I was expecting 3 stages for the 3ds version (2 new ones and a past stage) and for the Wiiu version 2 NEW stages and no past stages.

Not only that I was 100% sure to see a Luigis' mansion dark moon stage, a Link beetween world stage, and DKC tropical freeze, because they felt like safe options and they're not there, I mean wth? Oh also a Nintendoland was another guess from me and it's not there. I hate a lot of the past stages that they are using in both version, only Yoshi island, SmashVille and Delfino plaza are the only past stage that I like, and that's weird, why flatzone 2? why Stadium 2? why freaking metroid stages with fire or upside down mecanics? I hate that kind of stuff, and yeah some stages like magicant, hulu island, wariowareinc game, and more are ok to me because they're fun with friends and casual play but others like megaman's are awful

Naoshi

I feel Pokemon deserves at least a 3rd stage on Wii U, new or returning, since Brawl had about 3 stages total for that franchise. Feels kind of weird that it's 2 on Wii U alone.

Honestly, I'll shut up and be happy if we get Saffron City. That has to be the most requested N64 stage.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I feel Pokemon deserves at least a 3rd stage on Wii U, new or returning, since Brawl had about 3 stages total for that franchise. Feels kind of weird that it's 2 on Wii U alone.

Honestly, I'll shut up and be happy if we get Saffron City. That has to be the most requested N64 stage.
While I would like either Peach's Castle or Saffron City back, I don't see them as that likely. Of course they could possibly still happen, but wouldn't Dreamland or Yoshi's Island 64 be more likely?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Funny thing is, all these ideas are being thrown around for a Toon Zelda stage or something else, and I'm just thinking to myself:

Zelda has the weirdest history of stages. Many franchises are stuck with a certain theme, such as Donkey Kong. However, Zelda stages heavily vary all the time. But the one theme never explored so far is a Forest stage, and the one of the most common first areas of every Zelda game is a forest.

While I would like either Peach's Castle or Saffron City back, I don't see them as that likely. Of course they could possibly still happen, but wouldn't Dreamland or Yoshi's Island 64 be more likely?
Admittedly, there were only three past stages in Melee, and Kongo Jungle was one of them. I'd agree on this one, Dreamland or Yoshi's Island 64 are probably more likely for this sort of thing.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, that's a pretty good point since you've mentioned the Great Sea song is not the same one from Pirate Ship. [...] Though, I still wouldn't hold my breath for it... :( I really want that stage as much as you do. It's one of my favorites from Brawl.
Sadly, I made some research and, even though Brawl's "Great Sea" song doesn't return, Tal Tal Heights and the Song of Storms do return in their Brawl version, which really worries me....

Also, I want to make a list of all the stages from past games that won't return in Smash U since their tracks are already here:
Deconfirmed stages from the past:
  • Brawl - Mario Bros.
  • 3DS - 3D Land
  • 3DS - Rainbow Road
  • 3DS - Golden Plains
  • Melee - Princess Peach's Castle
  • Brawl - Mushroomy Kingdom (at least the 1-1 version)
  • Melee - Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Melee - Rainbow Cruise
  • Brawl - Rumble Falls
  • 3DS - Gerudo Valley
  • 3DS - Spirit Train
  • Melee - Brinstar
  • Melee - Brinstar Depths
  • Brawl - Frigate Orpheon
  • Melee - Big Blue
  • Brawl - Yoshi's Island
  • Melee - Yoshi's Story
  • Melee - Green Greens
  • Melee - Corneria
  • Melee - Venom
  • Brawl - Spear Pillar
  • 3DS - Unova Pokemon League
  • 3DS - Magicant
  • Brawl - New Pork City
  • 3DS - Arena Ferox
  • 3DS - Reset Bomb Forest
  • Brawl - WarioWare, Inc.
  • Brawl - Distant Planet
  • Brawl - Green Hill Zone
  • 3DS - Pac-Maze
  • 3DS - Balloon Fight
  • 3DS - Living Room
  • Brawl - PictoChat
  • Brawl - Summit
Tortimer Island, Paper Mario and Pirate Ship does have some of their songs taken, but their main song ("Tortimer Island Medley", "Try! Try Again!" and "The Great Sea") have yet to come back from the Smash they appeared in (Great Sea does get a new remix for Skyloft though...)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sadly, I made some research and, even though Brawl's "Great Sea" song doesn't return, Tal Tal Heights and the Song of Storms do return in their Brawl version, which really worries me....

Also, I want to make a list of all the stages from past games that won't return in Smash U since their tracks are already here:
Deconfirmed stages from the past:
  • Brawl - Mario Bros.
  • 3DS - 3D Land
  • 3DS - Rainbow Road
  • 3DS - Golden Plains
  • 3DS - Paper Mario
  • Melee - Princess Peach's Castle
  • Brawl - Mushroomy Kingdom (at least the 1-1 version)
  • Melee - Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Melee - Rainbow Cruise
  • Brawl - Rumble Falls
  • 3DS - Gerudo Valley
  • 3DS - Spirit Train
  • Melee - Brinstar
  • Melee - Brinstar Depths
  • Brawl - Frigate Orpheon
  • Melee - Big Blue
  • Brawl - Yoshi's Island
  • Melee - Yoshi's Story
  • Melee - Green Greens
  • Melee - Corneria
  • Melee - Venom
  • Brawl - Spear Pillar
  • 3DS - Unova Pokemon League
  • 3DS - Magicant
  • Brawl - New Pork City
  • 3DS - Arena Ferox
  • 3DS - Reset Bomb Forest
  • Brawl - WarioWare, Inc.
  • Brawl - Distant Planet
  • Brawl - Windy Hill Zone
  • 3DS - Pac-Maze
  • 3DS - Balloon Fight
  • 3DS - Living Room
  • Brawl - PictoChat
  • Brawl - Summit
Tortimer Island and Pirate Ship does have some of their songs taken, but their main song (Tortimer Island Medley and The Great Sea) have yet to come back from the Smash they appeared in (Great Sea does get a new remix for Skyloft though...)
Sorry, but I never heard the Paper Mario medley on any stages. If you could please tell me where you heard it because this track was not on the starter list and it's likely to be a music which would imply unlockable.

Naoshi

It's very safe to assume that we won't get anymore (new) 3DS stages for the Wii U version. I feel that our only chance of ever getting more 3DS stages is via DLC where DLC levels can get away with reusing music from other stages.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sorry, but I never heard the Paper Mario medley on any stages. If you could please tell me where you heard it because this track was not on the starter list and it's likely to be a music which would imply unlockable.
Oops, I must've wrote by accident. Howver, it's alternate song is on the Wooly World stage.

Edited the list nonetheless :p

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oops, I must've wrote by accident. Howver, it's alternate song is on the Wooly World stage.

Edited the list nonetheless :p
Yeah, I know about try try, but I'm still anxious to know what the likely track (and the maybe possible pm64 one) being unlockable would mean exactly.

Could be reserved for a stage or just be played on a mario stage.

Top Bottom