• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Creation/Idea Thread - I guess this is a Stage Builder Thread now

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Sorry for the phone pics, I don't have a micro SD card or Nintendo Online (yet...) but I still wanted to share some of my first creations. Spent pretty much all afternoon creating these. Don't judge me, I had an off-day at work.

CHOZO RUINS (Metroid Prime)

Based off my stage from the ol' stage creation contest forum, some of you might recognize it. It's a medium sized walk-off without no gimmicks. Pretty fun to fight on. Chozo Elder looks kinda derpy though..

BRYYO (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)

Also based on a stage I made for one of the contests. The left two platforms move back and forth as originally intended and the stone golem raises and lowers the platform on the right side, albeit pretty slowly. Oh yeah, then there's Rundas. He flies around in the background thanks to some paths! I love how you can make stages so animated now!

RAPTURE (Bioshock)

Bioshock is one of my favorite games of all time, so here's the iconic sunken city from the game: Rapture. A Big Daddy stomps back and forth outside the window, angrily. The city's quite rundown, as you can tell from the overturned table and the pipe leakage. I'm quite proud of how this one turned out!

Let me know what you guys think! I plan on getting Nintendo Online soon, so I'll definitely upload these once the time comes so anyone interested can plan them!
Duuuude, those look awesome! For sure let us know once you're able to upload them, I'll follow you and "yeah" those stages so fast man!

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Freeze Flame - Q5D4JXMR
All wind speeds are set to 100 except for the one closest to Link's silhouette which is set to a wind speed of 30.
It's best if played with 5 or more players, and I went out of my way to give it 8 player support for that reason.
SSBU Stage - FreezeFlame.jpg

Last edited:

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Back again with a couple more since I'm having too much fun designing stages. (Seriously, someone should take my Switch away from me..)

TAZMILY VILLAGE (Mother 3)

Lucas' hometown. Complete with Flint's house, Boney's doghouse, sunflowers galore, and Hinawa's grave. Layers are awesome!

WINTERS (EarthBound)
Ah, Winters, the chilly home of Jeff Andonuts. The Tessie-watching-club's campsite, winter boarding school, and Stonehenge can be seen in the background, and Tessie, the waves, and the one purple platform move up and down!

DIRTMOUTH (Hollow Knight)

(Apologies for the wonky camera angle) Here's Dirtmouth, the starting area in Hollow Knight. Be careful not to fall down the well! The shop, stag station, light-post, bench, and even the Knight himself make an appearance.

Last edited:

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
D4e24ewUcAAbaRx.jpg

Well, here's my first recreation from the contest, the Gyromite stage! I love the foreground/background element stuff with this stage builder but its kinda frustrating to make moving platforms.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I tried to recreate the ORAS version of the Sky pillar. With wind on the sides and the asteroid that threatens the Hoenn region looming overhead. And complete with a Rayquaza who comes up to watch the fight.

20190418_230440.jpg
20190418_230500.jpg

D

Deleted member

Pirate Land from Mario Party 2!

Still figuring out stage builder a bit. Still don't know how to change the number of players or how custom stages get selected in Random. But this ain't a bad start.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have my own topic for this but I'm sharing here too because I'm so happy with it! Stack Up! With hands that actually pick up and move blocks!!!!
D4fpcbrU8AI8ogG.jpeg

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I love this thread. Now that Stage Builder is out and it's extremely impressive how much of an improvement it is over the previous games' versions, we can see people express their creativity in super cool ways.

Like, now we can get the missing N64 stages back! We can give R.O.B. a stage now! We can play on the desk in the Smash 64 opening!

Since I'm not a big creative person, actually making the stages is not my forte, but I'm glad I can download so many stages based on this thread and stuff I see on social media. I already downloaded Pac-Maze, the one stage I wanted back more than any other because having Pac-Land but not Pac-Maze was driving me up the wall, thanks to a tweet posted on the previous page.

Last edited:

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
Here are a couple that I made.

The first one is called Let's Go Eevee.

D4az8VhUIAAo08u.jpg

And the other one is called Skully's Depth.

D4f0TuSU4AEOCh9.jpg

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage Name: Hanafuda Gardens (referred to as "Hanafuda" because of space limitations)
Source: Hanafuda cards
Code: 47F8J09M
WIN_20190419_08_38_57_Pro.jpg
Stage Name: Jinbe Land (referred to as "Mole Mania" to help others find it more easily)
Source: Mole Mania
Code: M55XY5LT
WIN_20190419_08_39_58_Pro.jpg
Stage name: Take the Moon
Source: Chowder
Code: DVN21TH3
WIN_20190419_08_36_26_Pro.jpg

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I've had this idea for a Bowser's Keep stage in my head for a while now, and now that we have Stage Builder with MOVING OBJECTS, I was finally able to make my dream a reality almost to a T. (I was originally gonna include the mountains underneath the Keep, but the stage wasn't big enough to allow that. Ah well, it's honestly probably for the better.) My only regret is not redrawing that Bowser head at the bottom there, but you almost never see that in actual gameplay anyways.

And yes, Exor does move.

D

Deleted member

I shared this in another thread, but this one seems to be the hot place to share. ID: CM7841TH
57726607_2494472737252553_7070997284393058304_o.jpg

It's a recreation of a section of Yoshi's Island 1 from Super Mario World, complete with Banzai Bill that can push you off the stage if you're not careful! I imagine this one being good for 1v1, or a close-quarters 2v2.

Also, I'm too lazy to grab a picture or ID, but the stage called "The Scoop - Lava" by Termolene is hilarious and I think would be really funny with friends or something, as there's this rotating arm that will grab you and carry you offstage if you're within range.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Welp, I've spent far too long in the Stage Builder already, and I managed to recreate a good chunk of my past stages! Here's the fruits of my labor thus far:

========================

Castle Bleck (Super Paper Mario) - 1C9BC1HL

I already posted the ID for this one, but didn't actually show it off. Let me rectify that here and now.

========================

Fort Dragonfall (Fire Emblem: Fates) - RM9DSD81

In hindsight, I think this should have been a "Small" stage, not a "Medium" one. Whoops.

========================

Bomb Battlefield (Super Mario 64) - 6H5L39JP

No, that's not a typo. "Bob-omb Battlefield" didn't fit in the character limit.

========================

Minecraft (Minecraft) - 1072DP8Y

I'm pretty sure I've made this exact stage in every single version of the Stage Builder since Brawl. It gets better every time.

========================

City Escape (Sonic Adventure 2) - H8WTNCPH

I wanted to add more detail to the buildings, but I ran out of room... RIP me.

========================

Outer Wall (Cave Story) - P1PBLCNF

I may not be able to make a wall all the way to the top blast zone, but high-speed wind and some lava can simulate that effect pretty well regardless!

========================

Sky Battalion (Freedom Planet) - MGDLW4J9

I'm not a fan of how the layering turned out in this stage. Really wish we could alter the spacing between the layers.

========================

Bridge Zone (Sonic Gamegear) - LR11NNSK

Would you believe this stage gave me the most trouble? That bridge-to-ground connection kept acting like a wall when running over it. I fixed it.

========================

Campground (Animal Crossing: Welcome Amiibo) - RGJVX049

I think this is my best stage I've uploaded, which is ironic considering it was an entry for my least favorite round of the contest.

========================

Creepy Steeple (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door) - 0NP6VVST

You wanna know something stupid? If you add the gear-rotation to pass-through platforms, they stop being pass-through. So, these ones don't turn.

========================

Gamindustri (Hyperdimension Neptunia) - 7THCM9L9

This one's a bit glitchy, and from a game few people have played, but damn it, I don't care - I love love LOVE how it came out!

========================

And all of that is just the beginning! I've still got like 20 more stages to make, and I ain't stopping any time soon!

Thank you Mashedpotato Samurai for this blessing of a Stage Builder!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Welp, I've spent far too long in the Stage Builder already, and I managed to recreate a good chunk of my past stages! Here's the fruits of my labor thus far:

========================

I already posted the ID for this one, but didn't actually show it off. Let me rectify that here and now.

========================

In hindsight, I think this should have been a "Small" stage, not a "Medium" one. Whoops.

========================

========================

I'm pretty sure I've made this exact stage in every single version of the Stage Builder since Brawl. It gets better every time.

========================

========================

I may not be able to make a wall all the way to the top blast zone, but high-speed wind and some lava can simulate that effect pretty well regardless!

========================

I'm not a fan of how the layering turned out in this stage. Really wish we could alter the spacing between the layers.

========================

Would you believe this stage gave me the most trouble? That bridge-to-ground connection kept acting like a wall when running over it. I fixed it.

========================

I think this is my best stage I've uploaded, which is ironic considering it was an entry for my least favorite round of the contest.

========================

You wanna know something stupid? If you add the gear-rotation to pass-through platforms, they stop being pass-through. So, these ones don't turn.

========================

This one's a bit glitchy, and from a game few people have played, but damn it, I don't care - I love love LOVE how it came out!

========================

And all of that is just the beginning! I've still got like 20 more stages to make, and I ain't stopping any time soon!

If you want a higher wall, can I suggest putting it on a rail? I did it for one my stages. What I did was.

- Leave a small gap.
-Put my wall on a one way trip to the blast zone.
- put the mainland on a very slow rail towards the wall. This closes the gap

This is the stage I used my strategy for, obviously a different concept but you could perhaps still use a similar method

https://twitter.com/MrNintendo97/status/1119883140783169536?s=20

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

Damn dude, these are really awesome.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Here's a bad attempt at recreating Snakes first Smash bros stage, the big shell from Dream mix TV world fighters. It shares the same song as the original stage as well.
Shell_Bridge.gif
20190421_174845.jpg

Masterman64

Smash Rookie
So I made two stages, an all-out air battle and a closed-in stamina fight.

Abandon Ship!

The main idea for this stage is that you're falling from the skies of a crashing airship, so you have to fight to survive. The three platforms will move up an down asynchronously, while the wind pushes you up.

Suzaku Castle

The main idea for this stage is to act like a standard Street Fighter arena, with no exits anywhere. Because of that, Stamina mode is recommended for playing on this stage, I have the cannons at the top for some Final Smashes that forces the opponent to come from the top (i.e. Ridley's). The ruleset I generally use is 200 HP, 1 Stock, 2 rounds, and FS meter on.

Of course, this probably won't be the end of my Stage Making, so I look forward to future posts. I'd like to hear y'alls opinion on these, so have at it!

Tasokun

Smash Cadet

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

========================

I love your creative experimentation, especially with the depth effects in both the dragon head and how the road transitions from the background.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I felt in the mood to flex my creative Stage Builder muscles again today, and since I randomly stumbled upon this stage concept from a never-finished Smash fangame (I guess??), I decided to dignify it by making it real (kind of) - also, it's a Diglett-themed stage, and since Diglett are my brethren, I kind of felt obligated to do it. So, here's my take on Diglett Dam!

I really wanted for the crane wire connected to that top platform to be in the background, but unfortunately, I just couldn't find a way to make them swing in tandem with each other without being on the same layer, so I had to settle for it just being a solid wall that bisects the platform. (Not that it matters much, since the platform itself turned solid when I put the gear on it anyway.) I also wanted to make the top platform more faithful to the original concept in general, but alas, the Stage Builder's limitations didn't really let me do that. Still pretty satisfied with how it turned out, though.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Suzaku Castle

The main idea for this stage is to act like a standard Street Fighter arena, with no exits anywhere. Because of that, Stamina mode is recommended for playing on this stage, I have the cannons at the top for some Final Smashes that forces the opponent to come from the top (i.e. Ridley's). The ruleset I generally use is 200 HP, 1 Stock, 2 rounds, and FS meter on.

Of course, this probably won't be the end of my Stage Making, so I look forward to future posts. I'd like to hear y'alls opinion on these, so have at it!
If I were you, I would put some Lava at the top to prevent people from spawning up there. That way, there won't be any campy stamina players.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I've got another one for you guys!

Say hello to 2fort! (ID: 2J5H5T62)

I ran out of space to add some of the finer details, but it still came out pretty nice, in my opinion. Let me know what you guys think!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I ran out of space to add some of the finer details, but it still came out pretty nice, in my opinion. Let me know what you guys think!
That looks way better than any of my recreations.

Masterman64

Smash Rookie

Ah dammit, I Had the same idea too! Yours looks better IMO.

Gestahl

Smash Cadet
FB_IMG_1556045860030.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Starwing Snes. What do you think?
FB_IMG_1556045866888.jpg
I have also done a Pinball Stage for a 8 player Chaos with a bouncing ball. Any suggestions for improvement?
FB_IMG_1556045871235.jpg

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Currently I'm working on Lala Satalin Deviluke stage, with her in her school uniform as the backgroud for an generic FD stage. The hair is a nightmare to do. (if you don't know who that is do NOT I repeat do Not Google her). I'm also working on a stage called Mercy from the Gears of War series.

View attachment 211674
I'm a huge fan of Starwing Snes. What do you think?View attachment 211675I have also done a Pinball Stage for a 8 player Chaos with a bouncing ball. Any suggestions for improvement?View attachment 211676
there is a glitch were if you put a small platform on top of a bumper, barrel cannon, ect. Then put gravity On the platform, the bumper/barrel cannon will bounce. So if you wanna make the pinball a barrel cannon...

Gestahl

Smash Cadet
there is a glitch were if you put a small platform on top of a bumper, barrel cannon, ect. Then put gravity On the platform, the bumper/barrel cannon will bounce. So if you wanna make the pinball a barrel cannon...
Nice, will try that.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
If someone doesn't know who is Lala Satalin Deviluke: It's a character from To Love Ru which is a ecchi anime. Basically, this is a erotic anime that goes from softcore (season 1) to hard (season 3) but that doesn't shows genitals or sexual intercourse. Though, I tried to search her on Google Image by curiosity and I didn't find anything wrong.

I have few stages to showcase but I haven't go a SD card so never mind.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I got some more stages to post. All are playable with eight players.
Metal Hall - 7BWBRKDG
Music: MGS4 ~Theme of Love~
The bottom platform moves slowly. It roughly traces the path of the infinity symbol. The plus signs at the ends of that platform are background material. The two short semisolid platforms also rotate tracing the path of an oval with a length two times greater than the height.
1.jpg
Dusty Dunes - MWY5W2QG
Music: Attack - Fire Emblem
The platform under the stage is made up completely of explosive blocks. If anything hits the bomb block, it disappears momentarily. The only dynamic part of it are the lava blocks. They will move outwards, then downwards, and past the bottom blast zone as quickly as possible. They do not return. The reason for their existence is to prevent anyone from spawning underneath the main stage.
2.jpg
Freeze Flame (Redone) - H6K7SFK0
Music: Frozen Hillside
The map is slightly different than before. Probably the biggest change is the two parts under the stage have been fully connected. All wind boxes now have a wind speed of 30. It's worth mentioning that all semisolid platforms on the left half move in some way.
3.jpg
Explosive Night - 5RRJ07BV
Music: Out of Time
Nothing in the stage is dynamic or in the background. The only thing worth mentioning here is that the two bomb blocks at the ends of the stage both have grabbable ledges, but the two indestructible parts of the main stage also have grabbable ledges. Recovering isn't as hard.
4.jpg
Twin Bridges - D92FK00V
Music: Athletic Theme - Super Mario World
The bottom bridge is just background material. The entire stage moves up and down, but the move speed is so slow that it won't be noticeable. The only thing that changes is one's ability to kill off the top will be weakened or strengthened with time.
5.jpg

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
Hey, I thought I'd add my stages here too. Hoping to create a lot of DK64 stages as that's one my favourite games of all time.

Here's Fungi Forest from Donkey Kong 64. ID: KGHP1M4Q

20190425_024851.png

250px-Fungi_Forest.png

Gestahl

Smash Cadet
Just finished another stage. Planet Zebes. Made the ship hoovering above the ground. I thought it would make a cool detail. Oh.. You can also go inside the ship from above if you need to save, though I don't think it will.
FB_IMG_1556285427092.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom