• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder - Now better than ever!

This video shows Fox getting knocked into the lava after 100% without getting KOd:
Rewatching in slowmo the last time Fox hits the lava he has 96%, which gives him 106%. If you hit the danger zone with 100% damage you are KO'd, but it won't actually kill you unless you hit it with 100% damage or greater. I'm sure I saw people in the Great Cave Offensive actually receive over 100 damage from the Danger Zone, but weren't KO'd until they hit it again. I'll have to go rewatch people playing on the GCO.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Watching in slowmo the last time Fox hits the lava he has 96%, which gives him 106%. If you hit the danger zone with 100% damage you are KO'd, but it won't actually kill you unless you hit it with over 100% damage or greater. I'm sure I saw people in the Great Cave Offensive actually receive over 100 damage from the Danger Zone, but weren't KO'd until they hit it again. I'll have to go rewatch people playing on the GCO.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.
You're right! IGGY, YOU COULD HAVE WAITED ONE MORE SECOND

FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I want to make stages themed to each character, I want to make the Alphabet again.

I might recreate each SM64 level along with missing past Smash Stages.

I might do Clock Town and other Majora's Mask stages.

I'll make stages based on music I like.

:kirby:ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING!:drflip:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The first stage I wanna try will be called "The Pit" and will be a small floating island with a ceiling and walls that prevent people from dying by blast zone. Instead, the goal is to make people hit the lava tile floor and die if they are at 100%.

Then if I can, I want to draw a small upside down crescent shaped island to fight on (Making recovery troublesome) while the lighting is constantly changing colors and casually disperse some cannons around the stage and call it "My fighting game nightmares"

This video shows Fox getting knocked into the lava after 100% without getting KOd:
Interesting...

Though, he didn't hit it with 100% damage, did he? The "Danger Zone" just damaged him that much. Maybe it needs another hit to take him out?

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about. Immature people can now make stages shaped like giant d*cks that'll d*ck you over.

(Sorry, I just had to get it out of my system)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If you guys thought the other guy's stage was bad, then take a look at what I'm gonna make. We'll see how many people get my reference.

Key: Red-Danger Zone
White-Platform
Light Brown-Volcano Background

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Hi:-)
Is the lava in the stage builder, the lava from the new big Kirby stage?
Edit: I mean the danger zones

Last edited:

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Thats great.
With this, the big blastzones arent a problem anymore, if custom stages are allowed.
Sorry for the big image

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
4 tiny platforms, evenly spaced out. The rest is empty.

So dangerous. I could make this in Brawl, but now it's gonna be even better.

Also I wanna try and make a stage that 'fights' you, in a way, with different hazards, danger zones, etc. Like a boss.

Danger zone = huge monster mouth.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I'm going to make a UFO Stage. Then a 3Ds stage. Then a stage with 1 long platform and danger zones in every corner and the blast zones super far out. And then A stage of a roller coaster.
Gosh, the stage builder in Brawl was lackluster. Now this one is more like an actual stage builder that actual people will actually use for actual reasons that are actually legit.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The stage builder in Brawl wasnt BAD, it was just...I mean......compared to this.... XDD

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
50 parallel walkoff platforms.

walkoff wasnt a thing in Brawl stagebuilder o3o

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So glad about this. We'll actually be able to put a lot of creativity into the stages this time, in Brawl the limitations of the builder itself severally limited how far you could take your ideas into reality.

Though I'm still probably gonna make a box stage again. I had too much fun having high level CPUs fall in there in Brawl and watch them almost endlessly bounce off the walls while fighting each other, meanwhile I would just sit at the top and would throw any items that spawned up there into the box for the CPUs to use.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Well, It looks all of my fears have come true. Limited patterns, no unlockable items, less customizabilty than Brawl, and the "Danger Zones" are just generic lava.

I knew it was way too good to be true, consider my hype for this mode gone.

Last edited:

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Well, It looks all of my fears have come true. Limited patterns, no unlockable items, less customizabilty than Brawl, and the "Danger Zones" are just generic lava.

I knew it was way too good to be true, consider my hype for this mode gone.
Can anyone else verify no unlockables?

Lack of certain stage parts kind of baffles me too. I can understand the conveyor belts and rotating platforms being gone kind of, but ladders are still in the game in actual stages.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Can anyone else verify no unlockables?

Lack of certain stage parts kind of baffles me too. I can understand the conveyor belts and rotating platforms being gone kind of, but ladders are still in the game in actual stages.
Everyone who has review copies of the game say that they have not found any unlockables at all for it.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else find the weight limit kind of restrictive? Like a saw some videos of people creating large stages, but it seemed like they couldn't really fit a whole lot into the stage. I expected large stages to be close to the size of the "Great Cave Offensive" in terms of parts that you can use, but it was so much smaller than what I thought.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Does anyone else find the weight limit kind of restrictive? Like a saw some videos of people creating large stages, but it seemed like they couldn't really fit a whole lot into the stage. I expected large stages to be close to the size of the "Great Cave Offensive" in terms of parts that you can use, but it was so much smaller than what I thought.
Its to avoid the game from lagging, I think.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
This new Stage Builder looks cool in its own way, but sadly it looks like it won't be able to be used as a CD factory like in Brawl--there are no conveyor belts, and every source I've seen that has review copies of the game say there is nothing unlockable for stage builder in this game. What you see is what you get. It looks like we'll be grinding for customs elsewhere just like we did on 3DS!

Disappointing that in some ways this mode is even more limited than the Brawl version.

Spirst

This is disappointing. I was hoping that I'd at least be able to do 8 player smash on the stage provided it's past a certain size. No unlockables, limited parts, and 4-players only make the mode less hype-inducing than I had hoped.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Yeah, no 8-Player being allowed is really disappointing. I'd also hoped that we'd be able to have animated backgrounds, but given how much we've been blessed with already, I'm quite content.

And excited.

Very excited.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Personally, the ability to draw a stage is more than I expected.

All I need is a good place to smash, goddammit ;D

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so the lava is just damaging, and doesn't kill at 100%? If so, that's pretty strange and somewhat disappointing :/

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I guess there's the possibility of parts being released in an update...

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I would hope for some stage builder parts in a future DLC pack as well, as right now the extra options seem pretty lackluster.

Definitely not hating on stage builder or anything, as it looks incredible as far as drawing out platforms and such.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Honestly from what I saw, I don't like Stage Builder in this game as much as Brawl's. At least in Brawl's, you had a workable amount of extras to use. Not so much in this one it seems. At least drawing platforms how you want will give you the ability to do a bit more with structure, but as for any stage gimmicks, this one is lacking.

In Brawl I made a stage with the box that has the windows in the center, with 2 moving platforms that go upward at the same time. Then I had 2 sets of flat platforms with the ramp things with their higher points facing each other, and then there was a layer of spikes below this, with a few fall-through platforms on the sides of the spike bed. I'll upload a pic when I find my SD card with it.

I was hoping to remake that stage, but alas I won't be able to do that. I could sub out the spikes for lava I suppose.

On the plus side, thank you Nintendo for at least giving us 5 different texture options for the platforms per stage, and giving us more interesting backgrounds. The ones in Brawl were boring af, and the textures being limited to just the one themed to the background.

Manikku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Manikku
Has there been any confirmation of any option for being able to play custom stages over wi-fi with friends? I'd be really sad if this option isn't included.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
What kind of confirmation do we have about there being no unlockable parts? The Gamexplain guy mentioned that he had done almost all of the challenges, but in Brawl that wasn't how you unlocked the Stage Builder parts. You had to actually create X stages or play Y number of battles on custom stages to unlock the parts. Perhaps people just haven't tried that yet? I'd be shocked if there were no unlockable parts whatsoever.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm going to attempt to recreate every break the target stage ever. My favorite would be Young Link's. Wall jumps for days.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD

This is my crudely-drawn stage I'm going to create in stage builder. You don't see it, but the magma (the red stuff) extends all the way to the blast lines, allowing this stage to stand on the fine line between a walk-off and a traditional stage. There's no bottom boundary and vertical recovery doesn't matter, but you can still grab edges and failure to recover horizontally gets you burned by the magma. This works even better now that I know for 100% sure that the magma isn't a danger zone and the magma can't create an instant KO. The main platform is curved to be different from FD. The elevations and curves lessen the advantage projectile users have on FD. If there aren't any other Pokemon stages I'll probably call this one Mt. Chimney after the volcano in RSE/ORAS.

Also, about the idea of re-creating stages...

You see the bottom part of that stage? Where Ganon is? With the sloped right side and maybe even with the platform off to the right I think it'd be a really fun small stage to play on. Hell, I plan on making three stages, each one using one of Temple's three main structures by itself

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I want more extra's, but just the ability to have any platform/wall/ceiling/shape/size you want just by drawing is really all I truly need. Plus the ability to add moving platforms, changing what platforms are solid/pass-through, and whether or not an edge is snappable or just a corner you can't grab is more than enough. Plus, I think the templates are decent, and the backgrounds are gorgeous. The vanilla sky one that kind of looks like battlefield is my favorite from what I recall.

{edit} nice post @ MrGame&Rock MrGame&Rock missed your post. Yeah those 3 sections of Temple are good enough as battle stages on their own, with the top two having all the floating platforms as well.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Anyone remember the old Megaman games? How the Robot Masters were all fanmade?
Wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo had a competition to design stages and some were added as DLC or something to the actual game?

Anyway, glad to see I can make box stages again. Really small box stages. With spikes at the bottom. And the only platforms are falling blocks....yes, back to making stuff that makes everyone insane.

Top Bottom