• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STAB question

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
OK, I know STAB is Same Type Attack Boost and if a Pokemon uses an attack that is the same type as itself, the attack is stronger. But, I have a question:

OK, Flamethrower has 95 base power, and if a Magmortar uses it, the power is raised to 143 thanks to STAB. But, if a Heatran, a Fire/Steel type and not a pure Fire type, uses Flamethrower, is the power still raised by the same level, or is it raised, but at a slightly weaker level?

Like, in this one mini-guide for Pokemon Silver/Gold it said if a Chikorita, a pure Grass type, uses SolarBeam, the power is raised to 180. But if a Vileplume, a Grass/Poison type, uses SolarBeam, the power is raised to 160.

I'm confused here. Do dual types get the same boost as pure types do?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm pretty sure it's the same, it's a 1.5 increase of power

..OMG WII4MII DOESN'T KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!

XD

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Dual types get full STAB. Never heard of "partial STAB" before.

"I'll shank ya! ... but only partially. It'll still hurt tho!"

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
iI've actually heard the same thing. But then again, I've never seen any damage calc. who needs to know if my pokémon have any dual typing.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont know if this is exactly correct, but I heard it gets multiplied by 1.25 instead of the full 1.5. Maybe this was in a previous game, or maybe I'm just wrong altogether.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm just playing...i mean, you seem to know everything about this game...so i was kinda shocked when you asked us something

you did say your big brain got in teh way one time

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I dont know if this is exactly correct, but I heard it gets multiplied by 1.25 instead of the full 1.5. Maybe this was in a previous game, or maybe I'm just wrong altogether.
That seems right...

i'm just playing...i mean, you seem to know everything about this game...so i was kinda shocked when you asked us something

you did say your big brain got in teh way one time
It was when I was posting information for someone, and you beat me to the post. I said my big brain slowed me down. :mad:

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Edit:

MasterMatt said:
i dont know and dont care...
1) I'd like to use this information and see my Heatran own you. :evil:
2) You just wanted to raise your post count. :grrr:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
There is no partial STAB for dual types, it always does 1.5x.

Data:

Tangela, a pure Grass type, with max Special Attack does 18.75% - 22.14% with Solarbeam to Abomasnow with max HP and Special Defense. Venusaur, a Grass/Poison type, does the same exact amount.

I just checked it on Metalkids damage calculator.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
There is no partial STAB for dual types, it always does 1.5x.

Data:

Tangela, a pure Grass type, with max Special Attack does 18.75% - 22.14% with Solarbeam to Abomasnow with max HP and Special Defense. Venusaur, a Grass/Poison type, does the same exact amount.

I just checked it on Metalkids damage calculator.
Thank you for the confirmination.

OK, people. You can SPAM this thread all you want!

Meh, not really.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Does arceaus (sp) always get stab, or just for the type he is ATM?

i think it is the latter, but I wanna be sure.

Top Bottom