• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE is exactly 33 stages long?

amost

Smash Apprentice
In tonight's update, notice that clear% = 3% with what looks like only 1 stage completed. Sky world?

if 1 stage = 3%, then 100% ~= 33 stages.

if the kirby/petey fight takes place before that skyworld stage and it is also completed, could that mean there are 2 stages completed to get that 3%? 66 stages total?

discuss.

sultanofsurreal

Smash Cadet
This is really dumb. Just because the menu for retrying the Skyworld stage is selected, doesn't mean that skyworld was the last completed stage. Plus, even if you grant that, your margin of error is 33 stages. The update didn't tell us anything about SSE's length.

SSE could be 30, 60, 100, 500 stages long. It all depends on the length of the levels and how much Sakurai and team packed into the game.

courte

Smash Lord
meh--if it has anything to do with nintendo/sakurai/hal labs. there will be secrets... there will always e secrets... GOD just popped a pimple in the worst place possible

also i don't follow that theory, and if Harder Difficulty is a clue, there will likely be more replay value if you perform exceptionally well

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah assuming there are only levels to beat in the SSE. And even then, they might as well have had X/33.

amost

Smash Apprentice
you're right. there is no way of saying for sure how many levels are completed, but from the information shown in the pic, it does only look like that one level has a little completed flag next to it.

amost

Smash Apprentice
And also, it might weigh different levels differently, I suppose.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
maybe...I've always been hoping and thinking it may come to this, but what about multiple story arcs and ending, and totally different story lines depending on your choices throughout the game. Maybe you play a different story line depending on what character you pick at the beginning. Maybe all we've seen is the story line if you pick Kirby, Mario, or Donkey Kong. Maybe in the 83% screenshot, some other storylines have already been completed. That may also explain why we see a different view of the map in this screenshot:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea07/modea07_071005d-l.jpg

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
we also arent sure that the map actually shows STAGES.

It could show 'worlds' instead of stages.

Example: New Super Mario Bros has 8 worlds on it's map, and within each world are multiple levels (stages). Brawl could be like that. Kirby Squeak Squad and Rayman 1 work the same way.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
we also arent sure that the map actually shows STAGES.

It could show 'worlds' instead of stages.

Example: New Super Mario Bros has 8 worlds on it's map, and within each world are multiple levels (stages). Brawl could be like that. Kirby Squeak Squad and Rayman 1 work the same way.
Then maybe we can look forward to even more than 33 levels, probably not any more than 3 or 4 stages per world, but thats like in the 100-130 levels range.

But, I am still curious about that 83% one, unless that mean more stages in that world have been completed, but that would mean at least...27 stages in Skyworld? Maybe 33, if the percent only includes that world.

That all seems very very unlikely so what does anyone else think about the 83%.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Its 3% of SKYWORLD finished not the SSE as a whole, just that world. Then in the other pic they had finished 83% of it!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Its 3% of SKYWORLD finished not the SSE as a whole, just that world. Then in the other pic they had finished 83% of it!
if true, that would go along with my theory that it's possible the map could only be showing WORLDS, which would contain individual levals/stages, ala New Super Mario Bros.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
Maybe, but how do you only finish 3% and 83% of a level, or even a world unless there's nearly 30 levels in that world.
Do you get a certain percent depending on your physical progress in one level. That would mean that if you died after only going through 3% of the level, you start the level again right where you died, or at least close? That doesn't seem likely.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
if true, that would go along with my theory that it's possible the map could only be showing WORLDS, which would contain individual levals/stages, ala New Super Mario Bros.
I think its true cause it was said that SSE was 10 hrs long and if 3% was already done as a whole the theres no way it could be 10 hrs long of a adverture mode..

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
My guess? Skyworld asit says, is a world, where you complete some stages or levels, thats why you can have a 3% finished (Maybe just one stage or level or juts a little bit of that world (in this case, skyworld) finished)
Here you can look at it maybe clearer:
It is positioned on the same "world" and there are two differents percents, if the world has levels or several checkpoints, this is posible

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga has 36 main levels that take about 12 hours to complete on the 1st play through.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, but how do you only finish 3% and 83% of a level, or even a world unless there's nearly 30 levels in that world.
Do you get a certain percent depending on your physical progress in one level. That would mean that if you died after only going through 3% of the level, you start the level again right where you died, or at least close? That doesn't seem likely.
like I said here: "I think its true cause it was said that SSE was 10 hrs long and if 3% was already done as a whole the theres no way it could be 10 hrs long of a adverture mode.."

If the adventure mode is truly 10hrs long then levels must be pretty long so they must have there own % of compeletions.

But I guess i'll know for sure on the 31st..

turboether

Smash Cadet
*shrug*

its the completion of the level, imo. number of monsters killed, time bonus, bosses caught, etc. itd probably be different for each difficulty, just to make it a total ***** to complete the game 100%. you all know therell be an 'challenge' pertaining to beating 100% of every level of SSE on the hardest difficulty.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
It could be worlds....but seriously.....some stages may be shorter/longer than others and they might account for a certain amount of percentage...

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it depends on how well you complete the level (like in super mario world and similiar games with secrets put in the level) and more percent gained on higher difficulties?

well either way we will figure this out when brawl comes out

You know what? That could make sense. Maybe there are a certain amount of unlockables in each stages. (Stickers, Trophies, Secret Characters, etc.)

Anyway, I am going to go with your theory for now...it seems more plausible...:)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, on the wesite he said "you can go to stages you have previously beaten" so maybe he had already beaten skyworld and its more than 33

and looking a few posts above me, its become obvious that thats just how much of the stage you've beaten.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Thats incorrect the game could base percentage by the amount of trophys and stickers you have collected a bit like the GTA series and hidden packages and so on.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If Nintendo know how to make a fan squeal with joy, they will make a super special awesome secret stage/ending or two that you can play from accomplishing certain things.

Who knows, such a stage may "surpass 100%".

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
3%=the fight between Mario and Kirby, Mario, Kirby, Zelda/Sheik, and Peach vs. Subspace Army Primids, Kirby/Mario vs. Petey Piranha. That's 3 fights for 3%. And that is the VERY BEGINING. Fights get longer towards the end, ya know. I got 5% through Metroid Prime I think by completing Frigate Orpheon, and it took like 10 minutes, while the game took well over 30 hours (in the first playthrough). ;)

SonicSmash001

Smash Apprentice
I like all your theories, but im just gonna wait for the game, im sure whatever Sakurai did it will kick ***!

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's just the amount of damage % you had last level and that you continue to have that amount of damage when you proceed with your adventure. I think that would add more strategy to the game, it makes sense...sorta

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Oh perhaps "Clear Percent" is exactly that - your damage percentage when you "cleared" the level - with lower percentages obviously meaning you did better overall and got closer to a "flawless victory".

Oh, like some have said, maybe it's the amount of completion for one particular stage? It did say somewhere on the DOJO that going back into certain stages on different difficulties would garner different rewards, so perhaps certain stickers/trophies are only available in certain stages and perhaps the Clear % is how much of the level you're completed overall - included all the secrets/items/etc. Kinda Super Mario World 2 : Yoshi's Island but with percent instead of score.

But again, I have to agree with a lot of others - none of us know for sure so saying things like "that's wrong" or "that's right" are pure speculation and we'll only know for sure on the 31st. :)

PS. Does anyone else get timeouts on this forum any/every time you try to "Quick Reply"?

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
I don't care how many stages are in it, I just want it to last long, I would be amazed if there were only 10 stages but they lasted 2 hours each.

Top Bottom