• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Best Moments!

BlackYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Write here your best SSBM moments, moments that made you laugh... moments that made you mad... moments that made you cry... moments that made you happy...

I dont know, something like... "The first time I passed this event" "when I got this trophy..." "When I unlocked..." "I was fighting and..." "It was sop funny when..."

Things like that... My first thing would be...

I was playing a few minutes ago, 15 aprox. I was playing Peach Peril event (why, who knows!?)
5 seconds left. I was holding bowser and I was ready to throw him away, when peach started to pushe me off the stage...
I tried to get back, but **** peach... she killed me... it was sooooooooooo frustrating (and funny too!)

sharkboy013

Smash Lord
Hmmm... my first one is a little inapprorpriate, it had to do with my friend getting mad and insulting the lvl 9 ness, and he taunted and replied to the insult.

The second is when I got bored and said...My name is, and I pressed the taunt button and Yoshi said...YOSHI. I was crackin up all nite.

Starman20k

Smash Cadet
Well, it was funny because my friend thinks hes better than me at the game. He was ganondorf and i was Mew2 of course. When he was about to killl me with his hold down B move, i threw a pokeball with Wobbufet out

Starman20k

Smash Cadet
sry for double posting. But he punched the wobbufet and it knocked him off the stage and I won. He was so pissed, he flicked off Wobbefet.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
mine was when i walked over to my frinds with five different little tape things in my pockets. (i have a lot of pockets in one of my jeans) and i recorded one sound on each tape. as a joke. its so funny. so this is what happened.

i went to my friends. hes like hi man, how u doing. i press the first take. "HIIIII" (kirby voice" he does not catch on, he looks at me strangely. hes not too bright. then later on, we started to play chess, and he's like im going to win. then im like "show me your moves" hes just looked at me again. strangely and said "wow, nice impression, but u sound stupid. you gotta work on him) i had a mind laugh. it was funny. he tried to insult my impression when it was the real thing. lol.

next, when he beat me he's like "check mate" i then pressed the third tape. "hmmm" exactly like dk. (i did him movements too.) he again (very stupid by now) did not catch on.

later on, i took him to my house and we played nintendo. i then asked him if he wanted a drink some milk. he said okay. when i handed it to him, we both started to drink, i held it wit one hand, and the other hand was in my pocket. i pressed the next botton "slurp... ah" and sounded like young link. he caught on, but did not say anything. bout time.

finally, i needed to use the last tape, i was ready, so the next day, i went to school wit him, stood right next to im, and walked by a big croud. when he opened his mouth to ask me how i recorded sound from the game so well i pressed the last and finaly tape "i am a wiener" (from the simpsons this time. everybody looked at him. right at him, he was the one wit his mouth open, he was the one everyone looked at. i had a ball. u should try this on ur friends.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I was mario, 4way match with friends. i was against fox, sheik and roy. once sheik had homerunbat and was about to hit me, i turned her around and she hit a bomb, it ws jokes. it was stock so near the end only me and fox lived, 1 life each, me above 150%, him at around 50%, i hit him offstage(not killed) he was coming back and by pure mistake i used cape on him and sent him back to his death to win...i wrote too much=(

pika_123

Smash Journeyman
i have two(maybe three i have to think about the third one)
the first one is i was playing as ness on xmas day right after i had unwrapped the gamecube and games and every and i mean every time i did an attack that involved pk(exept for pkflash/pulse the b button attack just plain b) all he would get to say is pk before he got hit so it was just pk pk pk pk pk.....e.t.c. VERY funny

the second one is when my friend was over i was marth he was some other character oh yea young link and we were playing against falco and pikachu and we were winning and then i got a idea a very dumb idea hey if all you did is jump or not jump at all when you get nocked of how much chance would you have of getting backon the level needless to say we laughed real hard and he said we got beat by two level four comps haa haa haa ha ha

and the third is practice mode if your on big blue and the comp is told to stand then it will jump over and over on the big ship above then the
ship will leave the screen and you're ontopp of the racers they sudenly stop jumping i start laughing well when i think of more i'll list 'em

rieken macross

Smash Apprentice
the best moments for me was when i finally completed the 15-min melee, i would always die with like one minute left, and it would piss me off so much, i swear If i didnt' pay 200 bucks for the gamecube...well lets just say it wouldn't be in the shape of a cube anymore

TransZero X

Smash Rookie
I was playing 15 minite melee and i was ko'ed on the last secound

Another was when I was playing 100-man melee nd I was KO'ed on the last one :mad:

Starman20k

Smash Cadet
I remember I was playing for a long time with Yoshi (Again, not one of my stronger characters) on homerun contest to try and get his stage. Funally, I did all the moves and smashed it with a bat. It was going......going.......going......****! It just missed the 1300. I got 1290! I was so pissed off.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
The funniest Melee moment was when I was DK during the Sandbag event. I did the taunt, picked up the bat, threw it to the left, picked up the sandbag, and ran it as far as I could to the right! I got 300 feet that way. (BTW, I was trying to get the stage as Yoshi, and I got so fed up with it, I decided it was time for some comic relief, I got it the very next round!)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Best Moment - Myself with 999% damage whupped a player with less than 50% in seconds. (he was my friend, and we were in training mode, I was obviously the computer, as Samus)

Worst Moment - It was in Super Sudden Death, 200% Damage. Anyhow, I can't remember the char i was, but when I went for an attack, a computer got up and struck me out in seconds! ARGH!(note, that computer was using a get-up move)

Most Hilarious Moment - I was Shiek in Hyrule Temple. In the combo area(down below, where there's a lot of room to fight in and perform comboes), I caught every computer trying to go down the ledge above it.(as in near the left.) It was so funny, I took out over 50 lives on Zelda! I used this strategy on Peach and others too.

Oh, yeah, they do eventually smarten up to it, and just use the other way. If it matters any, then were Level 9!(now that's truly funny)

Most Stupid Moment - Threw a Bob-Bomb right into a wall...quite foolish.

Computer's most stupid moment - Peach, who lets her parasol out and floats down to her death...

Canis lupus

Fab Dandy
BRoomer
I was playing a game of I-Grab-You-Punch With my friends. I was Fox, my fiend teammate was Link, and my 2 opposing friends are pichu and kirby. I said " I'll grab the Pichu and you punch ok?". He nods. My ally tosses a Starmi Pokeball, I grab Pichu, Link comes up and taps A-continuously stabbing pichu while the starmi just shot away at pichu also. My other friend was pissed hehe ;) he took some serious beating.

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
Saddest Moment: I earn Mr. G&W. I'm practicing when the game flashes an error messege then shuts down. Now I can't play any game on my Cube without the game shutting off 5 minutes into it... :(

x_3_9

Smash Journeyman
One time my friend (who was Marth) were playing on Green Greens, and he tossed a bo-bomb at me in close range. I was Dr. mario, so I whipped out my cape and smacked it with the very beginning of the cape move. He powershielded it, so it went back to me and connected with the very end of my cape move, going back at him. He managed to somehow powershield it again so the bo-bomb had been reflected 4 times (right next to each other too), but by that time I had rolled around to his other side.The bo-bomb hit the ground, and before he knew it I grabbed him, used Dr.Mario's back throw (it launches people) and threw him straight into a Green Green bomb block. Craziest battle I have ever had.

MewtwotheMalignantMutant

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm. . .lets see:

Most Skillful Moment - I think my most skillful moment was holding off 3 lv. 9 Samus computers teamed up on me with Mewtwo in a 10 stock melee without losing a life at the Final Destination stage. . .pretty good considering Melee's lv. 9's are actually a challenge, but I had the element of luck (for some reason, Samuses like to run into moving Bob-bombs) and the weapon of skill at my disposal.

Worst/Most Stupid Moment - Getting beaten by a lv. 1 Pichu computer. . .it happened because I wasn't concentrating at all (I was talking to my sister while doing this), and I left Bob-bombs on high from when I got the Bob-bomb Squad bonus. . .I was not pleased. . .

Funniest Moment - Well. . .this is a hard one to answer. . .I think the funniest moment was when me and my friends were all playing as Ness on Tiny Melee with Poison Mushrooms on Very High. . .it was hilarious to see 4 1 cm. Nesses using 2 inch sized bats. . .Ness is stronger than I thought. . .another funny moment is when I was playing Giant Melee as Pikachu with Giant Mushrooms, and when I picked up a barrel. . .Pikachu is still a weakling in physical strength even as a super giant, as the barrel still flattened him! Finally, one of the funniest things that happened is when I did Fox's secret taunt at Corneria to show my sister. When I got it to work, my sister said what the heck is that. . .and then I said "You birdbrain! That's Fox's secret taunt". . .the funniest part is that me and Slippy Toad said "you birdbrain" at the same exact time. . .it was hilarious. . .

Oddest Moment - First time getting the Shiek All-Star trophy. . .enough said. . .

Most Irritating Moment - I was 9 HP away from destroying Master Hand with Mewtwo without damage and getting a No-Damage Clear, after numerous attempts. . .I went to finish him off, but Master Hand did a very cheap and quick slap which hit Mewtwo. . .you could imagine how angry I was. . .

And of course, Happiest Moment - Getting all of the trophies. . .wait. . .I didn't do that yet. . .stupid Captain Olimar trophy. . .stupid Pikmin. . .so very close to completion, and I'm going to have to wait quite a while to rent the game. . .289 trophies is not enough. . .well. . .I think getting the Diskun trophy was my happiest moment. . .a blanket of relief encased me when I finally got it. . .IO was ecstatic when it was finally absorbed into my collection.

Well. . .that's all I can think of. . .enjoy!

DK Dude

Smash Ace
yikes Elwood ;_; try getting some disk cleaner... it's probably just a scratch on the disk :) ...

well, this is kinda a universal moment for anyone who's played smash bros, but when you're gonna attack and "the bomb" just pops in just in front of you... yeah... you guys know what I'm talkin' about ;) ...

seriously, I was Ness and my friend was Sheik. He used Sheik's upward drill kick and I did Ness's downward smash he went flying downward to his death, I went flying upward to my death, and a fried who was looking on just started singing: "gotta gotta get up to get down".. it was great...

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, it wasn't the disk... I've tried multiple disks... It's the Cube, all right. Now I'm reduced back to playing my 64. :(

Sondow

Smash Rookie
I agree on your first part w/ the random Bob-omb killing off your ownage, DK Dude. Seriously, I get like halfway through 15-minute melee with DK, and then a bob-omb always pops up and kills me!! AAARGH!

However, for my personal best moment, it would be when I owned 3 friends with Link. It was a 3-to-1 with 5 lives, and I barely scraped in a win. I was proud of myself for the next...oh... 30 seconds. Don't ask.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
The bomb always happens with me too...wow, at least I'm not the only one.

Funnest Moment: Black-Hole Glitch for the first time.
Irritating: Whenever I play someone, they ALWAYS say(after I win) "NO! You can't be Fox! You have to be *blank*" I still win, but seriously, after like 5 different people it gets annoying.
Funniest Moment: Mostly any match I rarely get with a human. Always some dumb line is dropped. I introduced this game to one of my friends, and the animation where the character is standing at the very edge and starts falling but regains balance...he started laughing. Hysterically. And I was just like "Umm...dude? What's so funny?" And every time that happened he thought it was the funniest thing...so I used it to my advantage. It was kinda creepy...I didn't think something could be so funny. And then we paused at a suggestive looking scene...so yeah. It was cool.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
"Hey, why'd you shut me down?"
Ah, memories.
Brought a GC over to a kid I was babysitting and we were playing SSBM. Little sisters nagged to play...so we put em as computers and...good times, good times. They figured out. And started crying. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Most kids don't notice, though.

Nice vid...love the edge part. A little moment of silence there. Makes me want someone to play against for once...much more fun.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
LOL @ Rapid Assassin's video - it's like the partner to Zicore, master of the misfire.

I think my one most shining moment, would be actually pulling off a rest on the Shiek in Team Yoshimi at my first tournament; even if I did fall in the water, it was totally worth it! And we came so close as to have a chance at winning; Yoshii's jigglypuff died first out of all!

Other than that, I'd have to say that KO'ing Zicore's shiek, in hyrule temple, with an UNCHARGED ROLLOUT freakin' takes a large slice of the cake...

I think I'll have to think about this for a while, not sure exactly which woot moment is the best woot moment of mine.

Smash Master
Best moment: Breaking someone's shield with the shine

Worst Moment: Watching the wobble for the first time and realizing that smash is now broken beyond repair.

Funniest moment: My friend getting 12 kills in a 2 vs 2 (four stock)

fox_reflect

Smash Cadet
the funniest time was when i was at a game club thing of mine at school and......my buddy richard(who excells greatly with falco)...well......we were going 1 on 1 in the hyrule temple.....and i was fox and he was falco...well we were at the bottom and i knocked him upwards with a smash up.....then i taunted and said "come on"...then he came back down and i hit him out in the open.....the he used that fire bird move and came after me,well at the last second i used my reflector.....and he fell straight back down...and said with a very calm face...."i hate u"....it was really funny

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
funnest Moment - Me and my friend on 150% each, i grabbed a capsule and yelled "KINDER SURPRISE" and it exploded on him

Saddest Moment - I was vsing my friends both onto me and they had 1stock left each and i had 2, and i killed myself by accident twice

(this was when i sucked / and played with items)

Echoist

Smash Apprentice
I was so happy when I got 1108 KOs with Pikachu in cruel melee, wich was one week ago. :)

shboke

Smash Journeyman
me and my friend were messing around and i was luigi and he was mario, i was trying to hit him with the mis-fire, i was turned the opposide way, i did it but he caped me towards him and it was the mis-fire so basically he hit himself with the mis-fire lol

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
My friend and I were playing 2 level 9 cpus (one fox and one falco, though that really doesn't matter) and the battle raged back and forth across dreamland (I think), my friend and I eventually losing (team attack on). Upon a quick review of the scores, my friend had finished with about 10 KO's. Apparently, he had killed me EVERY time I died (possible reason for loss?). It was probably one of the most hilarious things I ever did witness.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Moment of pure awesome:
I was at my girlfriend's house for the first time, she, her brother and I were playing... a 3 Pichu Free-For-All in Lightning Melee with Damage Ratio set to 2.0!
Everybody just kept using Thunder. Instant KO. "PICHU-PICHUUUUUUUU-PICHUPICHUUUUUUUuuuuuu.. CHUUUUUUU! PiiiiiCHU Piii PICHUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-Pi-..."
One moment, both of them were standing next to each other, simultaneously using Thunder over and over, but not close enough to actually hit each other. In that moment, I respawned from the platform. Right below me, they're still using thunder - "Pichuuuuuuuuuuuu!". I drop down, thunder, kill both of them at once. "Pichuuuuuuuuuu- PI-PI-PPIICCHHUU!"
My face hurt from laughing so much.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wtf what a major bump... old topic. xDD!!

well, i won my first tournament and won $100. it was funny cuz the TO didn't watch the match and assumed that i lost, and the guy i beat was like "umm... give the money to him. he won." LolOLollolo

Squeek727

Smash Cadet
I have to say my most memorable moment was when I first learned how to wavedash (bout a good month ago). That was when I could barely do it. I instantly went over to my friends house to show off to him, I get really cocky and challenged him to a 4 stock match. He 4 stocked killed me really easily. That just goes to show a skill is only good if you know how to use it.

Hal-Yur-Azn-Pal

Smash Apprentice
2 v 2 match: I was Fox. My buddy was Ganon.

I grab one of my opponents Ganon grabs the other. I throw up he throws towards me.

I did an up air

"Double Kill" Like that guys says in Halo.

Was the most insane thing I had ever seen.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
My funniest moment was when two of my friends and me were just messing around. I was jiggs my friend was Ganon and my other friend was kirby. We were doing a ffa, and every time kirby would throw a stupid brick I would rest him when he came out. So my friend bricked and was trying to throw off my timing for th rest so he waited longer than usually to unbrick so my friend who was ganon did his warlock punch so my friend unbricked before the punch so he woulnd't die and got rested, but when I hit him he went straight into the punch as it finished. Basically he got destroyed.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I have to say my most memorable moment was when I first learned how to wavedash (bout a good month ago). That was when I could barely do it. I instantly went over to my friends house to show off to him, I get really cocky and challenged him to a 4 stock match. He 4 stocked killed me really easily. That just goes to show a skill is only good if you know how to use it.
Heh...I had a similar moment. Not really, but it involves me being cocky. The only match I ever lost was when I was being cocky. And it wasn't the person I was playing against that killed me, it was a bomb(he wanted items on.) And I haven't ever since and I've been fine...strange.
And lots of funny moments when I first learned to wavedash. When you go to wavedash to grab the edge, I would always airdodge to my death...now I'm fine, mind you.

Top Bottom