• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#SSBBRank Voting Procedure - READ HERE IF YOU WANT TO VOTE!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The #SSBBRank was announced with the launch of CLASH Tournament's new site earlier this year. Similar to Melee It On Me releasing the Melee Top 100, we will be handling the top 100 for Brawl, named #SSBBRank. Use this hashtag when discussing the process and list on social media! You can view the original announcement here:

http://clashtournaments.com/unveiling-the-new-clash-tournaments-ssbbrank-top-100-coming-soon/

A group of some of the most prestigious Brawl community members have been working behind the scenes on the logistics of the project, and the initial voting pool of players. We have compiled a list of 150 players eligible for voting. Eligible players are chosen based on (but not limited to) the following criteria:

-The player has competed in a North America (USA + Canada) tournament between Apex 2013 and now.
-The player has either been reasonably active, or held enough of a position in our meta game to be accurately ranked.

Voters are to rank players based on their best skill approximation to how they are now, or last competed that we have seen. There may be some grey areas to voting, such as how we may rank a player like Mikeneko. We haven't seen him compete for a while, but when he did at Apex 2013, he was an absolute monster. It would be appropriate to rank him higher than not here. Consider the 'current' metagame we are voting on based off of the last year and a half of tournaments, from Apex 2013 to now.

So how do you vote??

Voting ballots are administered on a single case-by-case basis. A potential voter will request a ballot from me, then I will provide for them a personal ballot to fill out that will could towards #SSBBRank.

In order to request a ballot:
Please PM me here on Smashboards requesting a ballot. If you have been approved, I will respond to you with a link to your own personal Google Document that you will use to submit your votes.

Please include the following information with your PM:

Along with your PM requesting a voting ballot, please state what region you are from, your email address (this is how you will access to the Google Document), and a brief description on why you feel that you should be a voter for #SSBBRank. Been in the community for 5+ years? Let me know. Been a leader in your community and attended 50+ tournaments? Let me know. Have a vast knowledge of most players and competitions and can accurately help rank players? Let us know! Not just anyone will be selected as a voter, some people will be turned away. I'm looking to get about 50 or so voters for this.

Instructions on how to vote are in the ballots you receive. Voters will be ranking 150 eligible players from 0-10 on a .5 scale. Votes will then be averaged together with other considerations to help make this as accurate as possible.

Voting Deadline
The deadline for vote submission will be determined when we have enough votes.
The sooner you submit your vote, the better. If we reach a reasonable number of voters early with submitted votes, I will cut off the voting and begin to calculate the rank.

The results will then be introduced in a series of articles on http://clashtournaments.com

During this time of voting, NME Xzax will be unveiling a series of articles on http://clashtournaments.com with a quick highlight on each region, and the top players from there that he suspects to make it high on the ranking.

Additional Information:

Some people were confused on how they should be ranking people, so here are some various pointers to keep in mind:

-Of the 150 people there, you should rank the lowest players there a 0 and the best ones a 10. Even if you give a player a 0, it doesn't mean they are bad, it just means they are the bottom of this particular list.
-Players should be voted roughly on their performance from the start of January 2013 (basically Apex 2013) to now. This is meant to be more of a current list.
-If players have since fallen inactive and haven't entered in a while, it's appropriate to still rank them based on the results they did have, and balance it with others based on your knowledge as a voter.

Last edited:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm seriously about to just turn people away on the spot if they don't include their email address right away lol, too many requests I'm getting don't have it and it's required in order for me to share the document with you. Read the directions everyoneeeee

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Chibo I sent this question to you in my PM but I'll ask it here again so you can respond here and everyone can see the answer (you also forgot to answer lul)

Am I supposed to vote on my opinion on what I think a player's skill level is? Or what I think a player's tournament-threat level is?

To clarify, let's say for the sake of example that I think Mikeneko is a more skilled player than CT ZeRo. However, since CT ZeRo plays MK and Mikeneko plays Marth, and MK is a much more solid main in this game than Marth, CT ZeRo is given an edge in how he's expected to perform in tournament. Thus, if I were to vote on who I think is more skilled, I'd vote for Mikeneko. If I were to vote on who I think would do better in tournament, I would vote for CT ZeRo.

Last edited:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My bad, there were a few ppl that when I saw the PM I just gave you a vote and didn't read lmao, you were one of them
Edge should be given to tournament results likely, since it's the hard facts that can prove a players skill and threat in the meta. It is however certainly tough to rank 150 people, so you opinion on skill will likely come into play for those without the most tournament placements, tie breakers, etc. It would sort of be like saying aMSa is top 8 or so in Melee without actually breaking top 8 at any major, since the opinion on his skill personally is so high.

And also there's voting in numbers, so multiple people can be rank 10, 9.5, etc, so if you feel two players are close enough, you can rank them the same, or separate by only a .5.

KAP22714

Smash Cadet
Just to clarify, because I know there has been at least one argument about this, does 0 mean they don't know what the b button does or does 0 mean they are the smallest threat to a tournament of all the players on the list?

e.g. let's say John Doe is the worst player on the list, but he does well at tournaments in his region (which is obviously true of all the players on the list), would John be a 0 or, let's say, a 5?

Additionally, how do we go about ranking players whose most recent performance was a long time ago? e.g. Dabuz hasn't played since Impulse 2013, and assuming this to be a current ranking, would I rank him how I think he would do in a tournament now, or should I rank him by his most recent performance, i.e. how big a threat he was at Impulse 2013?

tyvm chibu ilu <3

Last edited:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You still have to answer this
Additionally, how do we go about ranking players whose most recent performance was a long time ago? e.g. Dabuz hasn't played since Impulse 2013, and assuming this to be a current ranking, would I rank him how I think he would do in a tournament now, or should I rank him by his most recent performance, i.e. how big a threat he was at Impulse 2013?
And answers to these questions are probably things you'd want to announce to ALL the voters somehow, not just by posting here. I could easily see this project failing if a bunch of people are thinking "Okay so-and-so is probably the worst person on this list but he's at LEAST a 5/10 in the grand scheme of things", and stuff like this will lead to a very weird dataset.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My apologies, it should be based mostly off of the actual tournament results and performance they have. While I can understand this can make an issue with two people who entered at the same skill in 2013 and one stopped going to events and one got worse, but it's the closest we can do. No voting will ever be 100% perfect, which is why we're following an average based across many entries and judging closely based on actual results is the best way we'll make something somewhat credible.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
How do we 'submit' our votes? Are you just going to disallow any further changes after the deadline and go with whatever's in our spreadsheet?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yup, that's correct

Also, I'm extending the deadline a little over a week

Last edited:

megel

Smash Apprentice
so this is the the clash tournaments who is the top 100 brawl players never mentions top doubles brawl player singles top players nice i'm looking forward to it who's the number one

Top Bottom