• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Snapshot files. We need to crack em!

espio87

Smash Ace
There is no coding for the "forbidden 7". Never was. That Character ID list is the actual list used in the game, and any other list posted is nothing but garbage text(with the exception of the internal list which also doesn't include non-existent characters). Yes a hacking device or Custom Stage hack will be able to play the missing music tracks.
Custom Stage? you mean that if someone develops a stage editor program you can adress which music you want EVEN if it's one of the "removed" tracks? I just hope they are still there!

Phred

Smash Journeyman
So can one extract the preview image from a custom stage file?
If so, that should make custom stage sharing even better!
I wonder if there's a website to upload and download custom stages to/from yet...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
there's also a link to SWF's Stage Browser stickied in the Stage Disc room.

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
I finally posted a GUI version of my snapshot converter. I'm tired and spent FOREVER trying to find a JPEG image library, with resize or whatever, that I could statically link against instead of including HUGE DLLs. I ended up just including the OpenCV DLL's since they were smaller than ImageMagick's DLLs.

This one can open a bunch of .bin snapshots files at once, at least, and automatically size for widescreen if you want.

It doesn't do blurring/anti-aliasing/filtering/whatever yet, though I'm taking requests and suggestions.

http://GT.kakkoister.com

On a bright note, OpenCV looks like it may be a huge help for one of my classes...

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
Great GTC.

Btw, You should do updates on the News part of your page. Cause it seems like you did nothing with the page unchanged XD.

L0nk

Smash Rookie
Tested GTCoder's - nice one - I stole the option to select output resolution ^^

I updated mine.. the updates.. core wise.. none, interface wise - some here some there... and a documentation is added... and a little homepage:

http://ssbb.l0nk.org/

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice

I updated mine.. the updates.. core wise.. none, interface wise - some here some there... and a documentation is added... and a little homepage:

I should steal the option to export to PNG. ^^

I'm still jealous of your small file size. If you distributed the right bindecrypt (redownload from my page), you wouldn't even need the huge cygwin1.dll. I didn't even know Delphi was still around. *mutters about C image libraries*

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice

l0nk, why are you even making one?

This is GTCoder's project.. And it seems like your trying to steal part of his accomplishment lol. He's already working on a GUI, we don't need 2 GUI's.

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
l0nk, why are you even making one?

This is GTCoder's project.. And it seems like your trying to steal part of his accomplishment lol. He's already working on a GUI, we don't need 2 GUI's.
I think he started before realizing that (I'd mentioned it) I was making a GUI. But hey, competition is supposed to make things better and stuff. :) Mine was mainly aimed at GUI batch image conversion with resize, though I may add more features if anyone requests them (easy to do image filtering/processing stuff).

L0nk

Smash Rookie
that's basically it - when I started the GUI, I didn't know at all that there's going to be one (I did post that I didn't know and seriously this wasn't a program written in 20 seconds) - and looking at "stealing" - see where I credit his name every time (it's even compiled in the program - in the About section!).. and so far his GUI and mine go two different ways - if in the end their features wouldn't differ anymore, I would happily drop it - I'd also happily work together with GTCoder but I guess that won't work out as both applications are based on totally different programming languages.

Edit: additionally, the main idea was started at a totally different thing.. I love checking out how formats work - and well.. I looked into these bin files before - but as I wasn't able to work it out, I was very happy to see the out2jpg source code - if this hadn't existed in the first place I would have never started writing on anything

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
Yep, he's definitely given credit, and people making better versions is what happens when you release source code.

He can add whatever features he wants (hope he doesn't mind if I steal some) but it looks (I haven't tried his tool) like his is mainly a single-screenshot editing/viewing tool, and mine is a very simple interface to convert and resize a bunch of screenshots at once. Anyway, no worries. :)

L0nk

Smash Rookie
lol, steal whatever you want - yeah, basically, it's a viewer and the batch converter was added later - it's fully functional but it doesn't appear immediately (needs to be opened via menus) - basically the idea behind it in my case was - I do not like rechecking screenshots on the console - therefore I did store the screenshots to SD card and then insert that to my PC - then I can quickly drag and drop them on the application to see which ones are kinda good (the basic thing: my TV is horrible crap, I need a new one - it's damaged and has color errors).

and for "stealing" - I do not really know what people think there.. don't many applications steal from each other.. like PhotoShop and GIMP.. or Windows, Linux and Mac OS.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Wow, that's cool!

Mind if I made a Flash version? Not that the Flash version would come anytime soon by the way, just in case I find some spare time.

MarkB

Smash Rookie
Hi folks,

I'm new here but actually have quite a bit of experience with this kind of thing. Some of my old projects include writing a Pokemon R/S/E code generator in PHP. I'd like to help with the online version of the Snapshot Decrypter (http://brawl.kakkoister.com/) by making it output more information than just a thumbnail -- info such as when the screenshot was taken, and if it's a stage, all the data about that stage (size, background, music, etc.) Why not send me the needed files and I'll get cracking. Feel free to PM me, email me (markbsmash@gmail) or AIM me (BigBrownFox1989). Cheers.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
MarkB -- if you look around this thread some, you'll find just about all the tools you'll need to put something like that together. As mentioned above, SWF has a service already in place that does what you're describing with stages, but if you're really interested in building your own for whatever reason most of the source code you'll need has been posted already.

JOBU

Smash Rookie
So what exactly is going on with the stages? Excuse my ignorance. Are we just trying to get a stage-sharing system going, or good screenshots of custom stages, or are you guys actually talking about further extending the options we have for customizing stages(backgrounds, music, building blocks, etc?)

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
EDIT:

Well I updated the stage format on my page, and added a new stage builder block reference. I also updated my sticker viewer, ALL backgrounds and attributes that the stickers apply in the SSE are now there.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
First of all, I noticed the headers for the converted TEX0 files are now gone.

Also, I've figured some things out.

http://www.multiverseworks.com/tplconv/filedata.php?file=./pal/InfStc.1021.PLT0

This is a palette file, with at the first palette entry a transparent black color, and for the rest opaque white colors. In total there are 16 colors (two bytes per color), assuming it's a format 2 palette (RGB5A3). Coincidentally, in the header, at position 0x18, you can see the very same palette format (0x00000002, the palette format consists of four bytes). Also, the two bytes following this, 0x0010, corresponds with the item entries the palette has.

Since I'm planning on porting the PHP version to C++ (because the other TPLX.EXE doesn't work all that well), I do think SSBExtract should use these two data, since not doing so can cause unnecessary memory usage. And a good program always tries using less memory.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I've... noticed... something odd.

Apparently, the main menu screen for Brawl... was... supposed to be... a playable stage...

The numbers are the numbers assigned to the stage. I can give a full set of stage numbers if you want, but asides from that, at number 100 I found that the main Brawl menu screen was assigned to it. I don't know what all this means, so if someone can translate it, I'd be glad.

Oh, and I can't wait for the US rips. I do hope these contents are still on the disk.

EDIT: Of course, this could also be the placeholder for the WiFi training stage or any other stage.
It's for the My Music menu. You can change the probability of what song plays on the menu.

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
Need a re-encryptor. >.>
So much to test ^_^.
I've been meaning to do that, but I got distracted with, like, Brawl, and life, and stuff. <.<

Two tests Wednesday, which hopefully I will not fail if I can prevent myself from Brawling too much. Then maybe Wednesday night or Thursday I can try a re-encryptor.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
http://www.multiverseworks.com/tplconv/tplconv.0.2.rar

I made this because the other one wasn't complete.

To compile it, you'll need the GD Library. I used the version 2.0.34 Windows binary to compile it, but it could work with certain lower versions. Just set the paths right when opening it with Dev-C++.

It's not fully functional. It can only use RGB5A3 palettes, and can only convert formats I4, I8, RGB5A3 (not tested), CI4 and CI8.

Usage:

tplconv [options] <input> [<output>]

<input> - The TPL file which needs to be converted.
<output> - The output of the PNG files that get generated. Don't add the PNG extension. Optional.

Options:

-p <palette> - The palette file that gets used. Only works with I4 and I8 formatted TPL files.

EDIT: Link updated, now all three palette formats are supported.

EDIT2: Link fixed.

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
Unholy cow, Gary. That libgd library looks awesome. If it works, maybe I can do away with the huge opencv DLLs in my GUI!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Yeah, the only reason I use the GD Library is because I'm originally just a PHP coder. I don't like learning a complete language if it takes me longer than a day (which was about the time I took to code 50% of what I have now).

espio87

Smash Ace
hey Kakkoii, I tried converting the videos the way you told us, but even in mp4 format the sound is delayed in relation with the video. Do you know how to solve this problem?:confused:

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
OK. Re-encryption works, but the first 16 bytes of an unencrypted file are some sort of checksum, can we get that cracked? I'll post vids of edited stuff. I also want to use a corruptor on stages for fun ^_^.

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
hey Kakkoii, I tried converting the videos the way you told us, but even in mp4 format the sound is delayed in relation with the video. Do you know how to solve this problem?:confused:
Sadly not yet, The convert seems to give an error if I try to change the sound timing =/

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
How/who did reencryption? Can you post the source? A ton of Mac people have been asking me for the decryptor source, and it sounds like this is the last thing before my stuff becomes obsolete because everyone else has done it. :p

OK. Re-encryption works, but the first 16 bytes of an unencrypted file are some sort of checksum, can we get that cracked? I'll post vids of edited stuff. I also want to use a corruptor on stages for fun ^_^.

L0nk

Smash Rookie
I am now also doing some test stuff on the signature.. maybe we can get it cracked! Would be at least awesome!

16 bits kinda looks like MD5 - but md5 tests might already be hard.. we do not know where the Wii starts calculating the hash (meaning how many bytes are ignored at the beginning and end considering there are very many 00 in the files)

Top Bottom