• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB North Jersey Terrabite Tournament - Pompton Lakes, NJ - June 21st

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with the lan center, I'm just a smasher who is getting the word out.

Presenting:
SSBB Terrabite Tournament
June 21, 2008
A Super Smash Brothers Brawl singles and doubles tournament.

Information:
Will be held at TerraBite, a LAN center located at:
TerraBite, Inc
222 Wanaque Ave.
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
973-835-8377
visit www.terra-bite.com for more details

Venue Fee:
$5 spectator
1v1: $15
2v2: $15 per person ($30 total)

Prizes:
Singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
Doubles:
1st- 66%
2nd - 33%
Terrabite will be taking 35% of the pot

Registration begin at 1pm. doors open at 1pm. Registration will end at a reasonable time after most people in the building have registered so around 2pm or so. Please make sure to come at a reasonable time if you want to register for doubles. Doubles will be first followed by a short break followed by singles.

General Rules
* Items are set to OFF
* The stock is set to 3
* The stock time limit is set to 7:00.
* All sets are best of 3 matches except the championship set which is best of 5
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played.
* Excessive stalling is banned.
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Wireless controllers are discouraged however all methods of play (e.g. classic controller) are allowed.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
* Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
* Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.
* You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament (wiimote/nunchuck/classic), just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.
* Controller mods of ANY kind, except for cosmetic changes, are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
* Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. Third party controllers or pads that have these features are discouraged. if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
* Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Fox's Shine are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match is banned.

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. You may request a double blind pick.
2. Each player may announce their Random and Counterpick stage elimination.
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List, or opponents may agree upon a stage.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages

Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar

Banned Stages

Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Great Sea
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
75m
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Electroplankton
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Big Blue
Green Greens
Corneria
Temple
Jungle Japes
Onett
All custom stages

Other Information

* Extra TVs, Wiis, and Super Smash Brother Brawl discs are very much appreciated. The store has 6 CRT TVs, 2 Wiis, and 1 Brawl disc. I am currently unaware if all characters and stages are unlocked on the Wiis. Extra Wiis and Brawl discs are very much needed for this tournament. Please also mark your Wii to distinguish it from everyone else's, and bring your wiimotes to access the game and keep them in a safe place (don't just leave your wiimotes lying around, they'll easily be switched or lost with other wiimotes). If you would like to make any changes to the rules, please post your concerns. I'm not really sure what the standard is for counterpick/banned stages, so please tell me any info you might have on stages.

Confirmed players:
EmuKiller + friends
Hefaustos
dmBrandon
Sadaharu Inui
Sensei
pikachun00b7
Emblem Lord
Blue Cheez
Luck-NYC/NJ
Thiocyanide
LifeintheFridge
NeNe + friend
ToastMAN + friends
BlackWaltzX
Nightcloud
Benjamin Linus
Jigglymaster + friends
The Lexx
Crizthakidd + friends
YEHS
BleachigoZX
Bajisci
Bnzaaa + friends
Blue Shell + friend
Ether
Ninja Edd
PRiDE
Raucci + crew
Turnsnoob
ayo son
atomsk
MasterDaveNo1
Random Dark 0
TDap

Confirmed Wiis:
2- Emukiller
1- Benjamin Linus
1- dmbrandon
1- Sensei
1- Inui
1- LifeintheFridge
1- pikachun00b7
1?- the Lexx

-make sure your Wii has all characters and random stage select unlocked
-make sure you bring a Wiimote! Although you could just resync one wiimote everytime, bringing your own would make things a lot easier
-you do NOT have to bring your sensor bar. It would help in the scenario that a player shows up with the class/nunchuck but it's not necessary.

NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with the lan center, I'm just a smasher who is getting the word out.

Benjamin Linus

Smash Apprentice
lmao i think i came here before. im land locked though if someone can give me a ride it would be lovely.

i live in Bergenfield, NJ.

the last tourney hosted here was the one by thatsmybutta aka max if im not incorrect.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
the last tourney hosted here was the one by thatsmybutta aka max if im not incorrect.
I know Max/D0M3/Thatsmybutta was a big part in getting the word out about these terrabite tournaments, but he has been a little inactive recently. I've messaged him telling him I'm trying to start it up again so hopefully he'll show up.

I have corneria as banned because of DDD's chainthrow against the wall. DDDs can pick Delfino if they want an easy kill, but an infinite against the wall like that is just too cheap. Skyworld is cheap, but I wouldn't say broken to the point where it has to be banned. If you can give more info as to why skyworld gives an unfair advantage I'd be willing to switch it into the banned stages.

Will you be coming velocity? I don't really have a name in the smash community and it'd be nice to see some of the better players show up. If switching up the stages is what it takes to get you here I'm all for it.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
Why so many banned stages? o______o;
there are so many banned stages because so many stages give an unfair advantage to DDD =-). The ruleset and stage list that the smash community has is designed to have the game play as a fighting game, not as a party game. A good majority (as you can see by the stage list) of stages are designed to be fun for everyone and throw in random stage elements or allow for techniques to be abused. As a fighting game, smash can only allow a certain set of stages to be played.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This is great. A tournament actually in range to where I live! Can't wait to come. Haven't been to an in preson brawl tournament yet.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
Seems interesting and close enough, I'll go.

Still don't get why Skyworld isn't banned though, I've seen some crazy gimp kills there. But it's not a big deal, most people hate that stage anyway.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i already messaged u. lol woot NJ players. pm me if anyone wants to smash because im soo tired of online lag and really need serious smash friends lmao.

anyway ill be comming adn see if some friends wanna go. do u know how far this place is from somerville?

oh and why the hate on D3 =P

blue cheez

Smash Cadet
glad you took the effort to type all of this up.

cant wait till we start hosting tourneys w/o terrabite! :D

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I live in Wayne and not Pompton Lakes, but I can give you some advice on how to get 5 minutes away. By train you can get to the Mountain View Train Station on 11 Erie Avenue and from there Take Route 23 North. From Route 23 north it's an easy drive to terrabite but unfortunately it would still require a car. By bus I really am not as sure =-/. You could try getting to the Route 23 southbound transit center and get to Route 23 north from there, but again you'd need a car once you got there. I hope you can make it though. I really would like to see some TSA, IHNC, and THP smashers play Brawl.

**hopes he didn't forget a crew

Hefaustos

Smash Journeyman
Lol Ill c all i can do, Def. wana make it to this. ITs alrite, Im from Jersey, we know how to Improvise ; )

NéNé

Smash Rookie
'm from westchester in NY and me and a friend would love to come. just need to check the schedule

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Jungle Japes and Great Sea should be banned. Skyworld is also horrendous, but I don't see it on the allowed list anyways.

Brandon, wanna give it another go in teams? >>;

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
I'm in. Any word on how much Terra is taking out of the pot?
The best answer I can give is "more than they should". It's a lan center that is in it for the money plain and simple, but there aren't too many alternatives and I really want another tournament in NNJ. I'll e-mail the owner of the store asking "what percent will you be taking from the pot" and I'll post what he says when I get that answer.

Double post for great justice: Skyworld is a no-no.
Yeah, I'm not too sure on the official stage list yet and was going mostly off of "is there a wall, is there a walk off" when I made the list. It is a really stupid stage and so I took it off. I doubt any serious player would complain.

Jungle Japes and Great Sea should be banned.
I vaguely remember someone picking Jungle Japes at Smashtality 2 =-). I suppose the stage could be a lot more broken in brawl, I haven't seen it in action yet. And Great Sea does have those bombs that appear, but I think they are more easily blocked than that claw arm on Halberd. Anyway, I'll remove both. I really am unsure about how a lot of the counterpick stages play in brawl and so I'll take your word that it's not fair.

Tyranik

Smash Rookie
can anyone do me a favor? if anyone knows how to get there from union city, new jersey to where the tournement is hosted can you please tell me? i really want to go to this on for doubles. thnx in advance

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Jeez, and the singles + doubles will run me 30...

Gah, this is doable, but ****, my wallet isn't liking all of these withdrawls.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
Yeah... Terra-bite is one of those places that each time I go there I say "I'm never going back again, that was a joke" but it's the only lan center I can think of that's nearby to where I live. I can't make any promises, but I may have to start hosting tournaments in my basement.

Velocity

Smash Lord
besides the obvious pot **** when they could just have a venue fee 2 bans for only 7 counterpick stages that doesn't even make sense either put more stages on or limit 1 ban. or 1 ban for counter pick and 1 ban for neutrals. I'll go if theres nothing else larger this weekend

Top Bottom