• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB: New Technique? DSSRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxHolyxxWolfsbanexx

Smash Rookie
Before You Read: Before You Read: I invented this technique. Whether it is useful or not is entirely up to you.

Hey SmashBoards. This is xxHolyxxWolfsbanexx. This is my first time EVER posting a thread. If you think that I need improvement, just say it. Don't be afraid. i need a liitle more constructive critism. Okay, moving on.

I'm a Pit player now, so I'm pretty familiar with his moveset having played with him before. Today(1/19/09), while waiting for a friend in a Wi-Fi waiting room, i decided to practice my Pit. While practicing his moves, I dashed forward, sheilded for a split-second, and then smashed the control stick in the opposite direction in which I dashed from. I didn't get a chance to use this on my friend during our brawls, ut I did have the opportunity to test it out on several CPUs.

I set-up 2 controllers, and then chose pit and marth. I was easily able to do it with Pit. i ahd more of a challenge with Marth. Also, I tried out the Wii Remote Held Sideways and with the Wii Classic Controller. It was harder becasue:
1) The Wii remote Held sidways has no controll stcik. in addition to the lack of a controll stick, the B-Button(used to sheild,etc.) is DIRECTLY under the D-Pad. This makes it harder to perform the DSSRR. Also, unless you're good with the Wii Classic remote, you can't really perform the technique either. You might end up jumping more the dashing than sheilding,etc.

HOW TO PERFORM

Okay, first off, DSSRR stands for Dashing, Split-Second Sheilding, Reverse-Roll.
To perform, start off with the controller that you feel most confortable with. For me, the GameCube controller. Here goes:

1) Dash of in the direction of your choice.

2) At the end of your dash, IMMEDIATELY press and hold L/R for second. During this, if you are attacked while sheilding at any time during that split-second(LMAO?), you CAN perfect sheild any attacks that you recieve. This, or you can just sheild it instead. Either way, thats a pretty good deal.

3) Okay, now heres the final part. While you press and hold R/L for a second, immediately smash the control stick in the direction from which you initially started the dash. For example, smash to the left if you came from the right, and vice-versa. This will then enable you to perform a backwards roll(reverse roll).

There, all done. Or are we?

USES

When i mentioned that I tried it out on a few CPU opponents, I realized the possibilities of this technique. It can be used for mind-games. For example, you can DSSRR at an opponent. If your opponent is charging a smash attack, and you reverse roll as soon as she/he releases it, you canmess them up. Also, its good for false approaches, such as faking an encounter and an attack. Over use of the DSSRR isn't good, as it will probaly cause you and your true strategy(ies) to become known.

REFERENCE/EXTRA REFERENCE

I have a YouTube account, actually two, one serving as a back up. They are listed as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xxHolyxxWolfsbanexx

http://www.youtube.com/user/Danryu95

I also have a Capture card with excellent quality, but I am still unable to record an actually video because I am missing three RCA Y Adapters. I did record a replay, but the sound is out of synch. I apologize for that, and because I don't have any ovie maker/video editor program on my iMac that I can use to show you how to use the DSSRR. I promise to uploada better, and maybe even more videos on the DSSRR in the near future.

The link to my videos are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeBNaLqfqf8&feature=channel_page

IF YOU NEED ANY FUTHER INFORMATION OR HELP WITH THE DSSRR OR ANYTHING ELSO,PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE AT SMASHBOARDS OR AT MY MAIN YOUTUBE ACCOUNT, XXHOLYXXWOLFSBANEXX. Thank you, and don't forget, have fun Smashing!!!!!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So you found you can roll backwards while running, congratulations.

We've known this since what... Smash 64? Or Melee?

Next time, ask yourself. "What are the chances that this was discovered the very first day of brawl due to the simplicity of commands"

It's called rolling backwards. You can do it because you can shield during a dash.

You roll from a shield.

Therefore you can dash, shield, roll backwards.

Nothing new, its common sense.

However, congratulations on a well post :) even if its for a... "fail" subject. Everyone (everyone) knows this already, since the very first Smash Bros.

Nice post, especially for your first post. Keep up the good posts, but next time research what you are about to post on first, or watch video's where people do this all match long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom