• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Bosses

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
We should at least break his shins for Jungle Beat. we'll save the rest for later in case Super Mario Galaxy is bad.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you really hold a grudge. I never played Jungle Beat but it kind of looked fun. Guess looks are decieving.
I still like my idea of a progressive boss face. It means there will be many, many SSB games.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I'd have to agree with McFox's post way back on the first page. I would get really pissed if there are bosses in SSBB that aren't playable. It would be extremely tantilizing >_> especially if it's a character who is just so sheerly awesome, like Ridley. I really like adventure mode in SSBM myself, though I think Giga Bowser should have been the end boss no matter what, not "slightly larger bowser".

Anyway, I guess my opinion boils down to "I'm totally in favor of making cool end game boss characters, as long as they are playable in themselves."

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I think that super powered Mii versions of Miyomoto, Reggie, Sakurai, and several other important Nintendo people should fight all on one against you.

DRD

Smash Lord
Ok, thanks for the clarification of old topics being brought back, because i don't remember it saying anything about it in the rules or anything. =P

It would be possible for them to put his face into the game and have him shoot lasers out of his eyes and things of that nature, I'd love to see that picture in ssbm. Infact...

High-Res Preview!

DRD

Smash Lord
^Agreed. This might be spam if it wasn't an actually relevant idea, I mean, look at Brain Age, they computerized that one scientists's face, so why couldn't they do that here?

jeffman3131

Smash Rookie
I think in ssbb there should be more bosses that are playable too. But more like sub bosses, here is my list : Blood Falcon, DeathBorn from F-zero GX. Wolf O Donnell, James McCloud from Star Fox. King Dedede from kirbys avaenture. Ridley, Dark Samus from Metroid. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong 64. Waluigi, King Wart from Mario games. And final form Ganon, and Ferce Deity Link.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Waluigi is not a "boss." Waluigi more fits into the category of "loser that sucks and should not appear in this game in any way, shape, or form."

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Waluigi is not a "boss." Waluigi more fits into the category of "loser that sucks and should not appear in this game in any way, shape, or form."
I still hate the fact that he got a trophy in Melee and Diddy Kong didn't. What the hell was up with that?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
lol
I don't know how to respond to that other than saying poor Miyamoto. All he does is give us games (of varying quality) and everyone wants to kill him.
Just Jungle Beat, everything else he did was pretty fun

While on the subject of people who work with Nintendo, Shigesato Itoi > Miyamato

icymatt

Smash Lord
Jungle Beat was fun. And Miyamoto has created more great games than any of us could ever imagine in a lifetime. He didn't make the Tingle game, though, that was the Wario Ware guys.

I think the 'I wish I could play as this boss' thing is why I prefer original bosses. If it's someone I have a attachment to (like Ridley), I want to play as them. If it's someone completely out of left field, that doesn't happen.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
He didn't make the Tingle game, though, that was the Wario Ware guys.
Regardless of who made it, it's pretty fun. I still wouldn't like tingle in Brawl over other Zelda characters tough.

I think the 'I wish I could play as this boss' thing is why I prefer original bosses. If it's someone I have a attachment to (like Ridley), I want to play as them. If it's someone completely out of left field, that doesn't happen.
Yeah, if ridley is in, he better be playable. Just as a boss would make more gamers upset than happy.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
The only game I can think of that Miyamoto was heavily involved in that I outright hated was Super Mario Sunshine. Jungle Beat and Wind Waker had their problems but were still good games in the end, and Pikmin was great.

Anyway, I think bosses should be original, for the same exact reason icymatt stated.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
How could you hate Sunshine? Or have problems with WW? Those are very good games, plus those heroes deserved their voyage to tropical islands. Everyone needs a vacation.
If Miyamoto is a boss I would be honored to be killed by him. I don't know that I would fight him, it would be like killing a mockingbird. (hint, clever reference to very old book I had to read in school)
Now if it was Ken Kutaragi.................................

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I could hate Sunshine by seeing it as an original game with Mario slapped on to make an extra buck. That's how. Absoloutly nothing to do with the theme or the story, both which I felt were improvements over formulatic, but rather the boring gameplay which was a slap in the face to everything Super Mario 64 stood for.

Wind Waker had a massive stupid ocean which was boring as all hell to sail through and Jungle Beat was too short and was too irrelevant to the rest of the franchise. I still really liked the last two games, but if you're not willing to admit that they had their faults, (and really, which game doesn't have atleast one thing to nit pick at?) then you're blind. Or in denial. Or whatever you crazy kids call it these days.

You know who would be cool to fight? Gunpei Yokoi. He could like, fight you in his ghost like form, use replicas of Samus and Wario, fight with the Ultrahand and shoot red 3D lasers at you ala Virtual Boy. All while you're travelling through the stary landscape of Galatic Pinball.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say the games were perfect (did I, didn't mean to....) I just meant that they were good games and made their contributions to their respective stories.
Mario Sunshine tried something new. Respect that, or there wouldn't be origanal games and Mario would never have existed. I liked the new elements and environments.
Okay so WW is a little....blue. The water looked really good and the travel time gave me a good chance to finish my homework... and read the dictionary. It is still one of the best GC games. Never played Jungle Beat.
Mind the dead......they may haunt you. Plus that would probably be insulting to his family.
After all the news (by news I mean bad announcement after another) about the PS3 I still would rather fight Ken (or whoever is in charge of the PS3).

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey a ghost boss would be interesting... it would be a challenge to take him down if he's reappearing all over the place. Or if you can't hit him at all (due to ghost form), construct the level in a way that would can shed some light in and make him/her vulnerable. If this is the case, you would have to place the stage inside a building or so. If that IS the case, you can set it like a stamina match with like, 1000% HP.

I can't think of any cool/good ghost bosses at the moment

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I just got a crazy idea for a final fight. You know how they have those scrolling stages like in Rainbow Cruise. Well basically you have to traverse a long and difficult maze of obstacles that is scrolling to increase difficulty and the maze you are traversing is made up of like skin or some form of organic material. Once you reach the end you fight organs of something like a heart that has like 500HP and then once you defeat it you get shot out from the place and you see Giga Bowser choking. He becomes very angry and transforms into a dark or bigger Giga Bowser with even more powers and you have to take him out for the final phase of the battle. The fight takes place on Final Destination. If you have it on Very Easy then the maze is shorter and he doesn't transform if it is on normal then he does transform and the maze is longer and if it is on Very Hard then Giga will come back as Skeletal Giga and the maze will be near impossible. Or maybe I think way too much... We definitely need something more original though.

100links

Smash Ace
I just got a crazy idea for a final fight. You know how they have those scrolling stages like in Rainbow Cruise. Well basically you have to traverse a long and difficult maze of obstacles that is scrolling to increase difficulty and the maze you are traversing is made up of like skin or some form of organic material. Once you reach the end you fight organs of something like a heart that has like 500HP and then once you defeat it you get shot out from the place and you see Giga Bowser choking. He becomes very angry and transforms into a dark or bigger Giga Bowser with even more powers and you have to take him out for the final phase of the battle. The fight takes place on Final Destination. If you have it on Very Easy then the maze is shorter and he doesn't transform if it is on normal then he does transform and the maze is longer and if it is on Very Hard then Giga will come back as Skeletal Giga and the maze will be near impossible. Or maybe I think way too much... We definitely need something more original though.
thats a freaking good idea...it whould be fun to play as well :)

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I agree. It is definately......origanal.
Why did you give away the ending to the final phase of the fight though? That is supposed to be a surprise.
By maze do you mean like the sprint contest from SSB64?

jeffman3131

Smash Rookie
I got a good idea what if there is a new mode in SSBB where you can play as all characters from SSB64 with all the same moves and SSBM with all the same moves. It would be different versions of each character. Like SSB64 link v.s. SSBBWii Link. But for the new characters that have not been in the SSB64, and SSBM they would just have lower graphics and less moves for SSB64, SSBM versions. Kinda like a ageing look thourgh all 3 SSB games.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice

It would be the same idea as Race to the Finish, only with a moving stage, maybe with harder obsticles or a longer maze as the difficulty progresses. Or maybe have different doors like SSBM race to the finish, so if you want to quit or just want to skip it you can, although forcing you to do it would be fun as well.

I like the skeleton bowser idea as well, they should make it so that as he takes damage, he slowly falls apart, and you can grab his bones and throw them off the stage, and you have to do so before he re-assembles himself. Now that would be a fun fight. Imagine putting a bobomb inside him somehow, and watching him explode or something, that would be awesome.

EDIT: I had another idea. As the difficulty is upped in the maze, make it so you have someone fighting you along the way, anywhere from a level 1 comp to a boo that can follow you the entire way. And hopefully have a different maze for each character, that would just be awesome.

zerlander

Smash Cadet
I like the idea were characters face the opposite
Exs: Bowser vs Mario
Link vs Ganondorf
Exept i think that thay should there oposite sould have a power boost
Exs: Giga Bowser vs Mario
Link vs Giga Ganondorf
or
Bowser vs mushrum Mario
Ganondorf vs Metal Link
I also think you sould have a team mate that you have to keep alive
Exs: Mario and Luigi
Link and Zelda
Roy and Marth
I'm just puting out ideas.

zerlander

Smash Cadet
Ok, thanks for the clarification of old topics being brought back, because i don't remember it saying anything about it in the rules or anything. =P

It would be possible for them to put his face into the game and have him shoot lasers out of his eyes and things of that nature, I'd love to see that picture in ssbm. Infact...

High-Res Preview!
there is 2 problems with this thread. 1, he is the peson who makes you games, 2 were is the heads health bar?

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Pikman, Imagine if there was a pikman boss. That woulb be just plain weird. What exactly would it be? :p

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I really liked Giga Bowser and I think all the Bosses should be like him. Take out the hands and give me the following:

1. Giga Bowser
2. Ganon(the big pig like one from Link to the Past)
3. Ridley(weither playable or not Ridley deserves to be in somewhere)
4. Mother Brain(or whatever its called, I don't play much Metroid)
5. Andross

Something like that. Basically I think whoever you play as should end up facing a very large, important villain from their respective series. Of course that would be weird with the villain characters. Who would they fight?

Edit: Almost forgot, Mortal Kombat was on Nintendo so make the final boss Shang Tsung. He could turn into every character.(Joke, but would still be awesome)

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
To be perfectly frank, I'd consider that being the Wii starting out with a Gamecube port, but whatever.

As for the topic at hand. I'm a big fan of character-specific bosses (Mario is Bowser's boss and Bowser is Mario's boss and all that) But how about take it another step further and give every character a super-hard "Giga" form to use?

Forinstance

Bowser into Gigabowser
Ridley into MetaRidley
Mario into Powerup Mario (Mario with the ability to equip any powerup from the Mario games)
Ganondorf into Pig-ganon
Link into Oni Link
Fox into James McCloud (An impossibly fast version of Fox with extra powers)
Snake into Big Boss (Snake with Extra Abilities)
Kirby into Star Rod Kirby (Kirby with infinite Star-rod shots and more abilities)
Dedede into Dark Matter Dedede (Dedede under the Posession of Dark Matter)
Mewtwo into Armor Mewtwo
Samus into Phason Suit Samus

And so on...
Four Words: I Love This Idea :)

icymatt

Smash Lord
Well I didn't say it, the comersal for SSBB said it. =,(
I don't like it one bit. I know he is in it, but how? That would be the 4th Mario clone.=/
There hasn't been any SSBB commercials. The trailer is all there is, and there's no Waluigi in it.

Are you saying that Wario being in the game means Waluigi will also be in the game? Becuase Wario in the game does not mean Waluigi. Wario doesn't NEED Waluigi, at all.

zerlander

Smash Cadet
I really liked Giga Bowser and I think all the Bosses should be like him. Take out the hands and give me the following:

1. Giga Bowser
2. Ganon(the big pig like one from Link to the Past)
3. Ridley(weither playable or not Ridley deserves to be in somewhere)
4. Mother Brain(or whatever its called, I don't play much Metroid)
5. Andross

Something like that. Basically I think whoever you play as should end up facing a very large, important villain from their respective series. Of course that would be weird with the villain characters. Who would they fight?

Edit: Almost forgot, Mortal Kombat was on Nintendo so make the final boss Shang Tsung. He could turn into every character.(Joke, but would still be awesome)
Well if you are the villain, of course you are fighting the good guy.

zerlander

Smash Cadet
There hasn't been any SSBB commercials. The trailer is all there is, and there's no Waluigi in it.

Are you saying that Wario being in the game means Waluigi will also be in the game? Becuase Wario in the game does not mean Waluigi. Wario doesn't NEED Waluigi, at all.
You don't remember the part " Newcommer: Wario" and he's riding a modesicale and whan he crashes and the maces a big yellowish atomic explotion.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You don't remember the part " Newcommer: Wario" and he's riding a modesicale and whan he crashes and the maces a big yellowish atomic explotion.
1. Waluigi and Wario are seperate characters.
2. Wario is in his Ware outfit and is repping his own franchise (hence his unique symbol) so he has zero connections to Waluigi what-so-ever.
3. Stop double posting.

Top Bottom