• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 tournament in Bellingham WA - Jan 11th

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
There's going to be a SSB64 tournament in Bellingham Washington on the 11th, both singles and doubles. There's not going to be a venue fee or entry fee, it's mostly for fun and trying to get a community going. Our last tournament had about 24 people and that was without posting it all over the place like I'm doing now. Everybody is welcome and I'm sure all skill levels will be represented! Start time is at 4 PM, though we'll be testing all day prior and all night after. Game Settings:

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE

All Characters Available
The tournament is double elimination starting with best of 1 sets to save time, since last time we went way over schedule. Starting at quarters in the winner's brackets we'll be doing bo3, same with loser's semi's. At the Grand finals two bo5 will be played with the person coming from the winners finals only having to win one of the sets for victory.

Stages:

The Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Peach’s Castle and Dream Land.
Each player will strike a stage and the stage that remains will be the one played on for the first match, loser picking past that. Procedure for the matches. Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match’s stage from the Starter Stage and Counter pick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Players may not counterpick to a stage they already won on that they picked themselves.All map and character rules can be nullified or changed if both players agree to it completely! This is to protect the amateur community coming into the tournament, as that's often a lot of our turnout. If I did anything incorrectly I'm open to feedback, this is only my second organized tournament.

Black Snow

Smash Rookie
This is going to be a lot of fun, and will definitely be worth a journey from Seattle or beyond! Hope to see lots of new faces there!

LittleSpoon

Smash Rookie
A couple hype matches that I hope happen:

J-Deez vs. Faccone II
McGodd vs. TranqJim II
LittleSpoon vs. Black Snow
Jordan vs. Danny ??

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
I want to see Jordan vs Black Snow very badly in the bracket, and I want to see LittleSpoon vs Ethan because they've yet to play. But I think LittleSpoon vs Black Snow will be the most hype. We'll be festing all day prior to the tournament and all night after if anybody wants to join the fest but not the tournament.

Black Snow

Smash Rookie
Kong will prevail. He must. It must happen. It WILL happen.

On a side note it's weird to be called by my fake name by people who I actually know. It makes me feel mysterious though, so I can dig it ;)

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
We'll be hosting a tournament every week or two weeks in Bellingham. We'd love to have you up from Oregon some time. Well we'd love to have any smasher from anywhere.

Captain L

Smash Champion
probably won't make it to this one since I'm already scheduled to work that day but I will try to go to the next!

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good but the power went out before we got the bracket going so that sucked. Hopefully next time we don't choose the worst possible time to host it.

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
Do this again and vancouverites will try to come down. I saw the seattle one posted but thats a little too far

Top Bottom