• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Skype Group: how to get #rekt in subi n stuff

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Alright, so, Smash 64 online is apparently a thing in Australia again, after several years of general inactivity. There's now a Skype group set up where you can find and play against other Smash 64 players over an online proxy system, not unlike what all the cool kids are doing with P:M nowadays. Players from all around Australia have joined, and the community is startlingly active, given the game is old and the netplay is perfuctionary. There's trashtalking, general confusion and all the good stuff that comes from being part of a salty community. There's even a totally unnecessary power ranking, if arbitrary goals and rivalries are your thing.

No pre-requisites needed, just enthusiasm and willingness to get better (or stay scrubby forever like me). We can walk you through getting online, give tips on what controllers and adapters you'd want, and provide troubleshooting and general advice. All controllers are welcome too, including standard n64, keyboard players and third party xbox controllers.

If you want in, you can PM me, or you can add c4_1337, brian.phan.family or tehgullz on Skype directly. Tell them you're interested in joining the group, and that you're gonna #rekt them in subi, (you'll be let in without question). Hope to see you online :happysheep:

(@ Shaya Shaya please sticky this or ill tell everyone how **** your taste is)

Emmi

Smash Rookie
Thanks aa for getting it out there!

The group has been around for almost a year now. We have about 70 people in the community, active 24/7, and a mix of casual/competitive players with a whole range of skill levels. For those competitive, we have power rankings (https://docs.google.com/a/student.m...XQ5TjNCMGE3Um5jeElGLUE&usp=docslist_api#gid=0) and regularly host tournaments (currently the second Australian SSB64 online tournament is underway with 52 entrants, see the pool here http://challonge.com/ssb64t1).

Would love to have new players in the group. Please add either c4_1337, brian.phan.family or tehgullz on skype and we'll happily add you to the group!

P.S the legendary GMANG is also in the group ;)

Last edited:

rom2014

Smash Rookie
Yeah, everyone join in on the fun! We need more players.

Last edited:

KingKarma

Smash Rookie
Thanks AA, good post. As said above feel free to add me on skype (tehgullz) and I can add you to the group, show you how to setup smash to play online, etc.

Last edited:

Kirbymon

Smash Rookie
Being part of the group, i can personally say that its GREEAAAATT..
... if you want your last year of school to suck xD

Dayum.. been smashing 'erryday ever since i joined. Got heaps better as well :)

Last edited:

Dsc

Smash Ace
What a nice post, AA. You are truly an inspiration to the Smash Bros community within Australia and I'm very happy that someone who is of great intelligence and kindess is able to speak out for us. Me and everyone else should feel greatly appreciated for your fine efforts. It's not common to come by a fellow with such an exciting and giving characteristic such as AA. His ways and methods of giving us, the community, his all is truly a gift we don't deserve. AA...or..Alfred Yang, our Guardian and Spokesmen...could be with the big boys over in the STATES and working for the highly successful people, but Alfred being who he is..a modest and an extremely gentle soul..decides to stick with his culture, his background............his team.

Good Luck with the future of Aus Smash and we all hope to never see you leave, as that'll be a huge step down for the community, losing someone so rare, so pure and so skilled in attracting new players to a new scene of an old but ageless game.

Last edited:

rom2014

Smash Rookie
Well it was pretty clear that your continued trolling, despite several warnings, was the cause of your ban. But if you're willing to just act normal and not always stir trouble, you can be reinstated.

Kronos_The_Beast

Smash Cadet
Well it was pretty clear that your continued trolling, despite several warnings, was the cause of your ban. But if you're willing to just act normal and not always stir trouble, you can be reinstated.
I have transcripts of what was said to me, it was hardly unprovoked, and I was not given a single warning. I was told by Emmi that I had a troll-free pass basically, and that if M**** decided to kick/ban she would reinstate me at my previous position.

I was then told by M****, who after a long chat, that he would invite me back in after "a couple of days". It has since been I think 3 weeks, and after much talking to you Rom (even though you ended up ignoring me for a week), M****, and Emmi, I was stil excluded.

I find it ironic that admins who go all out with their own trashtalking, trolling and whatnot can ban plebeians like myself for simply retaliating to a 13 year old wanna-be cool guy. Like I've said, seems like some people abuse their power. But that's just my personal opinion.

Anyways, I'd like to take you up on your offer, as I have, many time, confirmed that I will in fact not be trolling anymore.

Thanks.

>pic related, some similar type of warning would have been lovely in my case.

Attachments

Emmi

Smash Rookie
Hey Kronos, please stop derailing this thread, if you still have problems being banned you can talk to me on FB or PM me, here is not the place =)

Last edited:

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Gotta say, was surprised this community still existed when I first heard from Emmi, in fact she was so convincing I'm pretty sure she gave me the ability to successfully game the stock market and build a multinational empire

*Posted from my swimming pool of dollar bills

Kronos_The_Beast

Smash Cadet
Hey Kronos, please stop derailing this thread, if you still have problems being banned you can talk to me on FB or PM me, here is not the place =)
Implying I have't messaged you on Facebook, smashboards and skype since you deleted me from all 3?

Anyway, not interested in rejoining. Just thought new members should have a heads up.

Oh and if you would like me to post screenshots of your abusive messages, it would be my privilege.

REAL BIG

Smash Rookie
Yeah, this is actually a pretty great group for learning tech skill and some fairly advanced game-play mechanics. It's a decently sized community, so there's plenty of people to get familiar and develop your skills with. Too bad you didn't get the ride you anticipated out of the group though Kronos, real shame.

Hawki

Smash Cadet
this group is full of elitists, too many elitists, everyone sucks, im an elitist, everyone is really friendly, ban kirby, what was i saying again?

Last edited:

Nixernator

Smash Ace
anyone get together and play 64 irl? i do not have a computer but am working on t andwith uni winding down i'd love to play some competitive games. i havespare controllers and a system (:

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
anyone get together and play 64 irl? i do not have a computer but am working on t andwith uni winding down i'd love to play some competitive games. i havespare controllers and a system (:
aww ye come back to us you old***/brawl***/64***/***, whichever you prefer

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll play 64 if I can use an adapter so I can use GC controller dude

Otherwise you're welcome to eat Falco lazers anytime in melee

Top Bottom