• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Introduction:
Awhile ago, I went to play my N64 and all my data was somehow erased. Not too big of a deal, it takes a couple of hours to unlock everything. I'm just making this thread incase anybody doesn't know what to do to unlock everything.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

How to unlock Jigglypuff:
Beat classic mode in any difficulty, any lives. Fight and beat Jigglypuff in Saffron City and she's yours. (Note: If you meet the requirements of someone else before you unlock Jigglypuff, you will face them instead of her. Ex. You finish the game in less than 20 minutes before you unlock Jigglypuff, you will face Captain Falcon before Jigglypuff. You could unlock everyone else before Jigglypuff.)

How to unlock Ness:
Beat classic mode on normal difficulty with 3 lives and no continues. Fight and beat Ness in Dream Land and he's yours.

How to unlock Captain Falcon:
Beat classic mode in less than 20 minutes. Fight and beat Captain Falcon in Zebes and he's yours.

How to unlock Luigi:
Complete Break The Targets with all the starter characters. The last person who you complete Break The Targets with is who you will face Luigi on, so try to save your best character of the starters for last. If you lose, all you have to do is recomplete Break The Targets with any character to rechallenge Luigi. Fight and beat Luigi in Peach's Castle and he's yours.

How to unlock Mushroom Kingdom stage:
Beat classic mode with all the starter characters and play on every single stage.

How to unlock Item Menu:
Play 75 vs. matches. Easiest thing to do is play with 1 stock, 200% damage and throw someone off the stage.

How to unlock Sound Test:
Complete Break The Targets and Board The Platforms with all 12 characters.

Seala

Smash Apprentice
Wow thanks for spoiling the game for me. :(
Who forced you to read it? It says very clearly what it is in the very first sentence so if you just read that and didn't want to continue I don't see any reason the read the whole thing.

On topic: Well written, didn't know about the sound test, not that it would help me much but this could certainly be helpful for some people.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
excellent job! i just got a brand new smash game like a month ago so i had to do some research on how to unlock everything cuz its been a while since i had to do that

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Who the heck is Ness?
You one of them board trolls by any chance? Or do you really not know who Ness is?
Asking out of curiosity.

Btw Dajayman even though what you did is useful we could had just gone to Gamefaqs, Gamewinners or a familier cheat site to check out SSB64 Secrets instead.
Just pointing out, not trying to put you down or anything.

Blue_Angel

Smash Cadet
D:

I would say the same thing as the other guys. Yet, the game -is- 10 years old and I did forget how to unlock the chars. Then again.. I'm playing Melee and Brawl now.

evan rules

Smash Cadet
Who forced you to read it? It says very clearly what it is in the very first sentence so if you just read that and didn't want to continue I don't see any reason the read the whole thing.
Are you actually serious? Do understand sarcasm?

On Topic: Everyone here knows this and there is already 1,000 sites with this information.

Dajayman

Although this info is on a bunch of sites already, I thought that this site could use the info. Especially considering this is specifically a smash bros site, where info like this should be available to noobies.

Dajayman

Sometimes it is obvious when somebody is sarcastic, I knew that guy was kidding from the beginning specifically since I had a spoiler alert, this info can be found very easily, and most people already know this and have everything unlocked.

Brawl is like masturbating... lmao. Nice quote Surri.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Getting the item selection thing is the worst...

75 matches WITH items = yuck

Thats one thing they fixed through melee...and even brawl...was item select by default XP

Superstar

Smash Champion
I should have checked this thread earler. <3

And Agony, be better on seperate lines. Easier to read through when one quote is on top of the other.

Unlocking the item switch was the most painful thing I did on SSB64. I just SDd over and over because I couldn't bother to play with items.

Dajayman

My bad, thought it was 50 matches. I'll change it right away.

Like I said the easiest way is to make the game 1 stock, damage ration 2.0, choose a small stage like Congo Jungle, and throw the opponent.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
My bad, thought it was 50 matches. I'll change it right away.

Like I said the easiest way is to make the game 1 stock, damage ration 2.0, choose a small stage like Congo Jungle, and throw the opponent.
yeah, i finally got the item menu. it wasnt that bad cuz i got to practice some moves on some cpus :laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Surri you didn't close this with an arrogant comment yet.

Mic_128 hasn't brought you to the dark side yet mr fancy red name newfoundland guy

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure you don't actually have to play 75 full matches. You just have to start 75 matches, then you can just Start R+L+A+B.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
my ssb64 cartridge's battery is dead so it doesn't save
so i have to beat everything to get the chars and i am forced to play with items LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom