• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4Wii U/3DS Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Discussion (New OP!)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Pokeballs:

These ones are classic and need to stay, Magikarp should replace goldeen.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The Maxim Potato should be an AT:
Among all the Smash4 hate and the senseless flaming, a single misnamed Item arises with new life, helping the one who summons it by ramming into the opponents.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Hey Guess what Jeff Issac And Kat And Anna have not been shown as assist trophies! This all slightly boosts their chances and while I doubt Kat And Anna I would love Jeff or Issac! they could both be extremely Unique and Jeff would be much more unique then Ness or Lucas have ever been!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey Guess what Jeff Issac And Kat And Anna have not been shown as assist trophies! This all slightly boosts their chances and while I doubt Kat And Anna I would love Jeff or Issac! they could both be extremely Unique and Jeff would be much more unique then Ness or Lucas have ever been!
I think the only AT's who have even a shred of chance of being promoted to playable are Isaac and Ray. Jeff... would be ok, but there's so many other Mother characters who would be more likely to get in over him, the first of which is Lucas and Ness. Before we get any new Mother Newcomers I think we'd just get Lucas and Ness back.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Or just Ness and Jeff If Gemtsu Leak is correct by saying Lucas is likely to get cut

D

Deleted member

I kind of wish that they'd revisit the Ditto concept; for those unaware, Ditto was supposed to be a Poke Ball summon in Melee, and it would transform into an AI duplicate of the summoner, and fight alongside them.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I kind of wish that they'd revisit the Ditto concept; for those unaware, Ditto was supposed to be a Poke Ball summon in Melee, and it would transform into an AI duplicate of the summoner, and fight alongside them.
Yea I Always loved that idea it was so unique in my eyes and I'm pretty sure they can make it work even on 3DS

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
download (8).jpg

Name: Earthworm Jim

Universe: Earthworm Jim

Debut: Earthworm Jim (1994)

Availability: Unlockable

Earthworm Jim: For most of his life Jim was just an ordinary earthworm until one day his life was changed forever. A fearsome bounty hunter named Psy-Crow was en route to deliver the "Super Suit" (technically titled "Ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit") to Queen Slug-For-A-Butt but got in a confrontation with another space ship and lost the suit out of an airlock. The suit fell down to Earth, where Jim happened to crawl in and discovered newfound powers granted by the suit, mainly the strength and dexterity of a human.

He can run around and either grab people with his head like a lasso, or he can shoot people with is ray gun, in a unique way of course!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
From I've seen Played and Heard Its Sheik that's going to be in SS Tier time around. All her aerials cancel out Her Grenade pulls people in for combo's Side Tilt and Fair come out almost instantly Bouncing Fish is similar to Mac's Jolt Haymaker but without the protection of No damage being taken from projectile also Bouncing Fish bounces you back quite a bit which I think you can cancel out of and run and throw Burst grenade to suck them in then do a pummel To rack up some damage Then say do Back Throw and try to into Down B or Side B so its really easy to do devastating Combos with Sheik Glad she is getting some Love this time around!

EDIT: Needles Also Auto Cancel like Melee

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I made this in the Robin support thread, so I might as well share it here.

My ideal choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer is Validar, provided that there's more to FE: Awakening representation other than Arena Ferox, adult Tiki, Robin's theme and Chrom.

When he is summoned, Validar appears from within an aura of dark magic, laughing menacingly. Validar casts a teleportation spell, moving himself across the stage to the nearest enemy player. His main attack is the spell Nosferatu, dealing 10-30% damage with little-to-no knockback, healing the summoner with the exact same amount. He will proceed to do this for about three times, before finally disappearing.

I imagine that he would be somewhat easy to avoid, but chances are at least one player is going to be attacked, especially if he's a small stage.

If a player who isn't Robin summons him, he'll say "You cannot escape fate!". But if a Robin player summons him, he will say to him/her, "As you command, my liege…"

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
Does anyone have any interesting ideas of who could become Assist Trophies in SSB4? I personally want to see some of Paper Mario's partners or Zero from Megaman X. Post your ideas here! :ness: :kirby: :pikachu: :drflip:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I would love to see Donnel from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Don't know how he would work exactly. Maybe jump at people with his lance. I really just want to hear him yell Yeehaw lol.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Hm... Slippy Toad in Arwing, King Boo, Captain Syroup, Kaepora Gaebora, Super Macho-Man, Mrs. Pac-Man, Micaiah, Jimmy T., Ninten...

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Jeff from Mother 2
Black Mage from Final fantasy (He's appeared in Mario Sports Mix, so is a great call)
Ms Pac-Man
Zero from Megaman X
Dark Pit (Probably a assist than a alt costume)

I will post more later

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Assuming they can't be playable... (Or in the case of villains, appear as bosses, and I'm also opening the floodgates on Sega, Capcom, Konami and Namco Bandai characters here, because, why not, I'd like to see any of the following:

Dr. Eggman
King Hippo
Medusa
M. Bison
Eggplant Wizard (and he turns you into eggplants, yes he does)
King K. Rool
Nightmare
Andy from Advance Wars
Simon Belmont
The Contra guy
Sparkster
Tails
Joe Musashi from Shinobi
Vectorman
Ristar
Vyse
Protoman
Ryu
Chin-Li
Blanka
Chris Redfield
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
The Dig Dug guy
Lloyd Irving
Heihachi
Alex Rovias
John Raimi
Kalas from Katen Batios (does Monolift Soft/Nintendo still have the rights to this series?)
Chibi Robo
Doshin the Giant
Bowser Jr.
Wart
Birdo
Kamek
Poochie
Dixie Kong
Rambi
Squawks
Adeline
Dark Matter
Red (throws three pokeballs for you, so getting him is the equivilant of getting three pokeballs)
Tin Star
Sigurd
Micaiha
Some Pegasus Knight from Fire Emblem, I guess Elincia would work
Prof. Layton
Darunia (this game needs more Gorons!)
Ruto (and Zoras!)
Impa
Girahirm
Takamaru
Duck Hunt Dog
Mike Jones
Lolo and Lala
Bubbles
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider

Go big or go home baby.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Maximum BUMPAGE!

Hey guys with everyone glommy about the roster I'm here to talk about something else depressing. Assist Trophy cuts!

Yes, has anyone seen these Assist Trophies?

Barbara the Bat
Ray MK
Isaac
Mr. Resetti
Excitebikers
Helirin

Well?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am shocked that even with Sakurai's bias for everything Kid Icarus... we still don't have Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy!!!! Hope he is in the Wii U version.

And I still want King Hippo in the game.... maybe as an Assist Trophy since I don't think there's a boss character on the Punch-Out!! stage.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Eggplant Wizard was one of the original NES Kid Icarus characters, not an invention of his. So the bias makes sense.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

Phosphora will appear and say "Yes, You called?" She will then fly around the stage dropping lighting bolts on the other players for a few seconds before she deals the FINISHING BLOW!

The finishing blow will have a lot of knock back and can potentially kill depending how close you are to a edge or how much damage you have.
That's exactly what she does. Bravo.

I was looking for a character from the Wii Fit series who could work as an Assist Trophy...

The female Wii Fit Trainer is the default character... the male Wii Fit Trainer is the alternate costume... the Wii Balance Board is part of the Wii Fit stage... but there's one who could work as an Assist Trophy... may I present the Wii Fit Rhythm Boxer!!!

:troll:
He could basically be Little Mac in Brawl, but able to be stunned, having superarmor during a block, and finishing in freestyle where he basically does Knuckle Joe's Vulcan Jab and Smash Punch. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Poor Gunpei Yokoi.
To be fair, he still gets Samus, Pit, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt... but still, it's criminal to leave out one of the iconic generic enemies of gaming! Here's hoping Sakurai fixes this in Smash 5.

Top Bottom