• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 vs Brawl graphics comparison

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Really? I think his new model and build matches the hard hitting playstyle that he has. Especially when comparing the two Brawl Ike is pretty scrawny.
I was more or less just referring to his clothing design (compare Zelda's)
But ya, I dunno why he's like 130 pounds in Brawl

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's because that what Ike looked like in Path of Radiance which is what the Brawl Model is based on. The Radiant Dawn Ike which is used here takes place about three years after Radiant Dawn, unlike many characters we see Ike has simply got older and continuing developing as a mercenary after leaving his position in Crimea hends his physical changes in that timeframe.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I thought he was too feminine in brawl also, but he was still a teenager. Also, after lookin at his wiki page, its apparent that they just copied his brawl design from the first game, and his smash 4 design from the second.

http://fireemblem.neoseeker.com/wiki/Ike
At first I thought that the smash 4 design was totally original.
If anything, his arms are too damn big in Smash 4.

Last edited:

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
SSB4 Graphics look way better. The style of the 2 games are also different as well. Brawl went for a more gritty twilight princess feel, while Smash 4 is an updated visual style overall. Yes Smash 4 looks much better.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I thought he was too feminine in brawl also, but he was still a teenager. Also, after lookin at his wiki page, its apparent that they just copied his brawl design from the first game, and his smash 4 design from the second.

http://fireemblem.neoseeker.com/wiki/Ike
At first I thought that the smash 4 design was totally original.
If anything, his arms are too damn big in Smash 4.
His Radiant Dawn design honestly frightened me a little with how muscly he was. I played the game a lot (side note: the game is great) and his muscles sort of bugged me every time. However, that was just in the still image render from RD (the ones you saw every time Ike spoke, ugh), the animations were less weird. I think it seems more natural in SSB4, but perhaps after all this time I've gotten used to his muscles.

Needless to say, he looks better the Brawl (even speaking strictly graphically).

Top Bottom