• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well here it is...

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/225510-raiden-not-appearing-in-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds

Seemed odd to me, but had a glimmer of hope for snake at least...
To be fair, it's entirely possible he's covering his tracks and doesn't want to reveal it yet. So still keep an eye out.

Edit: As for the whole "he's not credited thing," it's not an uncommon occurrence for that to happen. The aforementioned Awakening is a great example of that as many characters' VAs weren't credited like Lon'Qu, Lucina, Tiki, Sumia and Nah. I'm more inclined to think he's covering, but him not being credited in All-Stars is not impossible.

Last edited:

WinnieTheHonoguma

Smash Rookie
This is probably fake but whilst browsing through Google Images searching 'Smash Bros 4 Screenshots' I came across a page showing loads of blurry snapshots, mostly with characters that have been confirmed like Pikachu and Mega Man. But this figure right here just looks very familiar... Could this possibly be Bubsy the Bobcat and if so WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING IN THIS GAME!?
bubsy_leaked.PNG

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah I'm sure he blurted out that he's in a game that he signed a NDA on. It's not like Nintendo told him not to talk about it or anything. And I'm also sure he'd leave the interview link up on his twitter with that statement even with the story spreading around, and people asking him about it.

I obviously could be as wrong as I think you guys are, but sometimes if it quacks like a duck, and then says it's a duck.....

Hey if I'm wrong, cool, sounds like you guys want him involved (or Raiden and Snake) and I hope you get who you want, but this really seems like a mistake, hope you guys don't get excited for nothing :/
I think he was most likely referring to work done on PSABR, but seriously, stuff like that happens pretty often.

@I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU! Well then it couldn't have been done to beef up the resume, could it?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's also the case of actors that instead of being uncredited, they use a pseudonym (or alias) instead.

FE: Awakening also has this with Male Morgan's voice actor Todd Haberkorn being credited as Todd Stone.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This is probably fake but whilst browsing through Google Images searching 'Smash Bros 4 Screenshots' I came across a page showing loads of blurry snapshots, mostly with characters that have been confirmed like Pikachu and Mega Man. But this figure right here just looks very familiar... Could this possibly be Bubsy the Bobcat and if so WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING IN THIS GAME!?View attachment 11351
... Are you for real?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is probably fake but whilst browsing through Google Images searching 'Smash Bros 4 Screenshots' I came across a page showing loads of blurry snapshots, mostly with characters that have been confirmed like Pikachu and Mega Man. But this figure right here just looks very familiar... Could this possibly be Bubsy the Bobcat and if so WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING IN THIS GAME!?View attachment 11351
One word: Fake.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Simple deductive reasoning alludes to Reuben Langdon doing motion capture work for Raiden in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Ask yourselves: Did he do motion capture work for Raiden in Smash Bros.? And the answer will be: Of course not.

Stating otherwise amounts to trolling at this point. You can continue on with this "conversation", but it will lead nowhere.

D

Deleted member

Are you guys seriously still discussing this?

I assumed you would've settled things considering Raiden is voiced by his usual voice actor, Quinton Flynn, in Playstation All-Stars.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
If Raiden's voice actor did indeed provide voices for Smash 4, and it IS actually Smash 4 he's talking about, it's most likely for an easter egg or something. Like maybe a codec conversation. Back in the pre-Brawl days, Krystal's voice actress mentioned on her website that she had recorded dialog for Brawl, and everyone here blew up, like she was totally confirmed, and it was ultimately just for the Star Fox easter eggs on Lylat Cruise.

Someone may have already mentioned this, but I'm really lazy today. Sue me.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If Raiden's voice actor did indeed provide voices for Smash 4, and it IS actually Smash 4 he's talking about, it's most likely for an easter egg or something. Like maybe a codec conversation. Back in the pre-Brawl days, Krystal's voice actress mentioned on her website that she had recorded dialog for Brawl, and everyone here blew up, like she was totally confirmed, and it was ultimately just for the Star Fox easter eggs on Lylat Cruise.

Someone may have already mentioned this, but I'm really lazy today. Sue me.
If Raiden actually appears in Sm4sh, he's OBVIOUSLY going to be a cameo or maybe an assist trophy, nothing more.
Nobody took that as a confirmation for playable Raiden except a few fools. Other possible fools including me took that as confirmation for playable Snake, and I'm still certain about it. He's in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What? Raiden? What's going on?
In an interview, voice actor Reuben Langdon (known for his roles as Ken in Street Fighter IV and Dante in Devil May Cry) stated he voiced Raiden in Super Smash Bros. in a minor role. Raiden was never voiced by him though, being voiced by Quinton Flynn in all his appearances.

When asked about this on his Twitter, the actor alleged that he mistook PSASBR with Smash Bros.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
In an interview, voice actor Reuben Langdon (known for his roles as Ken in Street Fighter IV and Dante in Devil May Cry) stated he voiced Raiden in Super Smash Bros. in a minor role. Raiden was never voiced by him though, being voiced by Quinton Flynn in all his appearances.

When asked about this on his Twitter, the actor alleged that he mistook PSASBR with Smash Bros.
so basicly nintendo cover up cant wait to play as snake again

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Not buying that stamens, confusing those two is like confusing sonic with mario. Anyway i doubt he is playable but would be fine if snake stayed as well. Plus he is probably trying to cover for leaking that info.
It's not impossible for voice talents to confuse one game with another. In fact, it's commonplace.

Successful voice talents do a lot of different jobs and if you asked them what they did a voice for, depending upon how busy they are/were, there's a good chance they won't remember.

To give you a real world example, John De Lancie went on record as saying that he did the lines for "Discord" in MLP, promptly forgot about it, then months later suddenly found his inbox full of 3,000+ emails from bronies.

So yeah, that happens. Doesn't mean anything either way, but the possibility of him being confused is a real one.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Raiden? Eeeeeeeewww! :urg:

I would rather have Gray Fox back instead. I hope this dude is trolling instead of serious.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman

And it actually wasn't regarding voice acting, but mocap.

And it wasn't twitter, but a private email between an editor at Siliconera and Reuben Langdon.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman

He never claimed to be voicing him, only that he 'played' Raiden in a small role in 'Super Smash Bros.' In the context of the interview he was talking about mocap, and it's clear to me that he legitimately mixed up Smash and PSASBR.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Maybe he got PSASBR and Smash confused because he is involved in both of them?
Like maybe Raiden does have a role in Smash even if he didn't mean Smash Bros.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The MoCap thing does bring up a good question: Did Brawl use it for Grey Fox (or any character for that matter)? If that's the case, the same could apply for Raiden in this game.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
As far as the Raiden thing goes, I say we stop debating it and wait to see what happens. If there IS something on, it'll come out at E3 most likely.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he got PSASBR and Smash confused because he is involved in both of them?
Like maybe Raiden does have a role in Smash even if he didn't mean Smash Bros.
Mocap isn't used in Smash Bros., though. Sakurai uses action figures with multiple points of articulation as a basis for the characters' movements.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I mean he is involved with Smash Bros voice-acting wise.
And he got the mocap from PSASBR confused with Smash Bros.
He is involved with Smash Bros acting wise? What character, besides this supposed Raiden?

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone bothered to read the original Gamevoices article? Reuben's statements were clarified-

http://www.gamevoices.co.uk/profile...nterview-is-with-the-extremely-entertaining-m

It now reads:

"Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on PlayStation All-Stars (*amended); so I actually did kind of end up playing him eventually (* Amended- Reuben here is referring to playing Raiden in Mocap- not as a voice actor). But NOT to the extent that he exists in the other games."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Twin Snakes on the Gamecube dude .... that is all
Raiden wasn't in that game. The Twin Snakes was a remake of MGS1, which didn't have him either.

You forgot this:

Evolution Skateboarding (GC)... just when you think you've seen it all...

Hopefully all this confusion will be sorted out soon. It's pretty entertaining, to say the least.
Interesting... Didn't know that. Guess Raiden is fine then.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Has anyone bothered to read the original Gamevoices article? Reuben's statements were clarified-

http://www.gamevoices.co.uk/profile...nterview-is-with-the-extremely-entertaining-m

It now reads:

"Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on PlayStation All-Stars (*amended); so I actually did kind of end up playing him eventually (* Amended- Reuben here is referring to playing Raiden in Mocap- not as a voice actor). But NOT to the extent that he exists in the other games."
The plot thickens....

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Thinking about it though, how do we know that Smash doesn't use MoCap at all? For the fighters that's believable considering Sakurai mentioned using the figures, but couldn't it be used for the cut-scenes/trailers?

Interesting... Didn't know that. Guess Raiden is fine then.
Tbh, I only found this out like a week ago when I was reading through Raiden's page on the Metal Gear Wiki. The game was released by Konami, and apparently got poor reviews (or so I've read). But I don't mind picking the game up one day just for the novelty of being able to play as Snake or Raiden lol.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Looking at it objectively you get:

Guy who has never voiced Raiden says he "played" Raiden in a minor role in Super Smash Bros. in the middle of a discussion about motion capture. Despite the fact that Smash doesn't feature motion capture. It is later amended to PlayStation All-Stars, a similarly themed crossover fighter which does features some motion capture, particularly for the character Raiden, and a game that is informally dubbed 'Sony Smash Bros.' by some.

I was hopeful at first but there's really little chance if any that he didn't simply make a mistake.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's probably just a mistake.

Somebody just give me a leaked shot of Snake in Smash 4, and THAT will get me talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom