• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Well, if this new image 'leak' is so true, then why did it just focus up on K.Rool and Rosalina? Why not others?

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, just woke up to the direct news. If K.rool is announced tonight I'll freak my ****. Too bad it'll probs just be Diddy/Dixie.

Perguito

Smash Rookie
My bet is on Diddy and Dixie tonight. I mean, it would not be hard to do a cinematics, they juste have to borrow the 3d models from Retro + Valentine Day

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have one thing to say that makes a dixie reveal very unlikely and a palutena reveal very likely.

palutena has a wii u stage while dixie doesn't have any.
also lets not forget the connections to Valentines day

Palutena is based off the Goddess Athena from Greek Mythology, Valentines Day is a holiday that originated in Greece, Pit is based off the Mascot for Valentines day, Cupid.

In Kid Icarus Hearts are used as currency, and Palutena apparently collects them as a hobby, to the point of obsession.

Palutena and Pit have ties too Valentines Day, due to their Greek origins, and Pit's/Cupid's association to the holiday it self, one that, mind you, focuses mainly on giving heart shaped gifts. And remember, Pit gives hearts to Palutena, because of her love for Hearts, in exchange for power ups and various other items/weapons.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have one thing to say that makes a dixie reveal very unlikely and a palutena reveal very likely.

Palutena is based off the Goddess Athena from Greek Mythology, Valentines Day is a holiday that originated in Greece, Pit is based off the Mascot for Valentines day, Cupid.

In Kid Icarus Hearts are used as currency, and Palutena apparently collects them as a hobby, to the point of obsession.

Palutena and Pit have ties too Valentines Day, due to their Greek origins, and Pit's/Cupid's association to the holiday it self, one that, mind you, focuses mainly on giving heart shaped gifts. And remember, Pit gives hearts to Palutena, because of her love for Hearts, in exchange for power ups and various other items/weapons.
Huh, I do have to say, that's an interesting way to justify a Palutena reveal. I like it, haha.

But to play Devil's Advocate, Dixie could hypothetically have a stage revealed in her trailer, like Mega Man, Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer did.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

****. I hadn't thought about this potential either. Hmm.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

You make some good points, except for the stage thing. That is crap, since Dixie could possible have a stage too, just not revealed yet. Well, lets see what happens, I am down for Palutena's reveal today, although I'd much rather have a new Donkey Kong character revealed this time around.

Last edited:

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Diddy and Dixie could be revealed for Valentine's Day too, since aren't they a couple? As far as I remember, that's the case.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do need to mention, though, that discussion of reveals should be done in either the respective character threads, or in the Direct thread. This is not the place for that.

Consider this a reminder.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005

Do you by any chance get some of this information from GameFAQs or from my post in the Palutena thread?

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Well, if Palutena did get revealed (which I find likely because of Valentines) then that would get rid of the massive Palutena Leak that's been hanging on our heads and would kill a mega****ton of rumours

An entire mega****ton

Last edited:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
I do need to mention, though, that discussion of reveals should be done in either the respective character threads, or in the Direct thread. This is not the place for that.

Consider this a reminder.
The only reason they're talking about is because the direct may or may not debunk some leaks.... Or am i wrong? Not to sound rude

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only reason they're talking about is because the direct may or may not debunk some leaks.... Or am i wrong? Not to sound rude
That's how it started, but it began to spiral into just talking about possible reveals themselves. There's a fine line there. It just had to be caught before it got out of hand.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So looking at leaks on the original post, there are 4 that could be affected by today's Nintendo Direct:

- Dedede/Diddy Leak says Diddy Kong is being revealed today.
- GaeozHero Leak says Diddy Kong and Tetris man are being revealed this month.
- Sound Guy Leak says Diddy Kong is next reveal.
- WiiLuvU Leak says Dixie Kong will coincide with Tropical Freeze.

I say none are legit.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
At this point since there is no Diddy reveal, the best bet is to go wth the Diddy Dixie duo\, I was looking forward to the Baby Mario butthurt.
Don't worry, there will be lots of butthurt for you to appreciate, should the Dixie/Diddy duo be announced.

peachy!

super princess
has a direct ever been leaked a day in advance?
Not a day in advance, but leaks do happen. I remember watching the live stream of December’s direct, and as soon as it begun, someone on the stream’s social feed posted that Rosalina would be reveleaed for MK8 and Smash Bros. So, I say that it is possible, just not that much time before the direct itself.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm sliding toward the theory of no character for DKCTF just like with pokemon x and y

I think it might be palutena or some other wanted newcomer for the reveal

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hype cannot be contained... When is the Direct in Appleton, Wisconsin for reference?

fill

20EggsEggs
A newcomer would be awesome but having a direct the same day DKTF comes out makes me think were at least getting diddy, but maybe dixie who knows...or maybe ol cranky kong lol

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
At this point since there is no Diddy reveal, the best bet is to go wth the Diddy Dixie duo\, I was looking forward to the Baby Mario butthurt.
I actually would like Yoshi and Baby Mario.
It's much more iconic IMO.
I imagine that the egg toss would be his new side special and it would be like in his games, and his new up special would be Baby Mario's bubble.
:3

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Found a leak:

'Hey guys! I'm not going to create a fake backstory nor give you a real one because I know what you want. Here are the facts:
  • Little Mac WILL be playable; the boxing ring stage shown so far is actually his own stage. He's fast but doesn't hit all that hard, akin to Kirby (in a sense).
  • The Palutena leak is genuine. Heads are rolling over at Nintendo, Sakurai's fairly annoyed about it. Her moveset is somewhat of a combination of Pit, and Zelda.
  • Dixie Kong is playable. She will be announced towards the end of February in a Direct.
  • Pac-Man isn't playable. Despite the relationship between Namco and Nintendo, Sakurai didn't feel like he could make much out of Pac-Man for a moveset.
  • Hyrule Goddess' are a new set of Zelda newcomers. They have all of Zelda's original moves (Din's Fire, etc.) and switch over using 'down B'. Their models are glassy, golden and have hints of red (Din), green (Farore) and blue (Nayru). Din's Fire will still be 'side B', Nayru's Love will still be 'neutral B' and Farore's Wind is still 'up B'. The moves are allocated to the different Goddess' (Din can only use Din's Fire, for example).
  • There is no new Pokemon character. Mewtwo will return, however.
  • Chrom will be a new Fire Emblem character. His moveset is somewhat similar to Marth's but lacks the same elegance and speed. Like Roy, his attacks do more damage when they hit nearer the hilt.
  • Krystal is yet another new character. Her moves are all based off of the moves that Fox used in Star Fox: Adventures. Her moveset is nothing alike to the other three Star Fox characters.
  • There may be more newcomers, some are still being integrated into the selection screen (models and movesets are done. Selection Screen is still undergoing changes).
  • All veterans are returning (save Snake and those from Melee, bar Mewtwo).
  • Jigglypuff is massively reworked. She no longer has Pound as a move and her neutrals are given more oomph and effects to demonstrate her Fairy type prowess.
  • Snake isn't included on the grounds that Phantom Pain isn't for a Nintendo console.
  • Pokemon Stadium 3 is a new stage. It has Steel, Dragon, Fire and Water transformations (in respect of the Kalos Elite Four).
  • Andross, Goro and Shadow will return as Assist Trophies.
  • There will be an option as to which Assist Trophy characters will be turned off or not. Think of the selection screen for which items can come out during play.
  • This was all a ruse to try and make you all see how easy it is to fake something and I hope this serves as an educational experience for you
  • If I see this taken seriously and reposted then I will actually cry.
If only my 'leak' was legit...
... Y'all have no clue how much I want a playable Krystal and Hyrule Goddess' ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom