• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Here's the overlooked leak that I don't think got much conversation amidst the Palutena train. What do you guys think? It has Shulk so I believe it………

"Hello! I know there have been a lot of “leaks” lately so of course, believe what you want . I don’t have as much info as some of the other people who have shared things in the last few weeks, but I thought I’d fill you all in on some new things I’ve found out.

I work for a ~PAL Region~ Nintendo office. I won’t say which one because obviously I need to keep my location and identity a secret!

Some time in the next few months (most likely around April) there will be Smash demos installed on Wii U and 3DS demo stations that are currently at certain retailers (in my region- not sure about other regions plans for this but I imagine they’re the same). The Wii U version of the demo has been finalized and we have the code at our offices. That’s what I’m here to share info on.

DEMO CONTENT

The demo is simply a standard four-stock battle mode. This is the only content available in the demo, and only a small selection of stages and characters are available.

DEMO STAGES

>Battlefield
>Skyloft
>Smashville
>Wily’s Castle

DEMO CHARACTERS

>Mario
>Link
>Samus
>Pikachu
>Donkey Kong
>Pit
>Kirby
>Fox
>Mega Man
>Villager

Don’t ask why these characters were chosen for the demo, I don’t know! (I wish Wii Fit Trainer was in, I’m most excited to play her)

DEMO ITEMS

Items can be turned on and off, but the “item select” screen isn’t available. As far as I know, not all items from the final game are in the demo, even ones that have been revealed so far by Sakurai (for example, Assist Trophies and Pokeballs are not in the demo)

THE TRAILER

The demo has a trailer that plays after the title screen has been left idle for 2 minutes (retail workers can expect to see this trailer a lot!), and while it DOES show shadowy silhouettes of some new characters, nothing “new” is shown. There is some gameplay footage of veterans that haven’t been officially revealed yet (such as Ness, Jigglypuff, and Wario)

HOWEVER

We have also received some press assets and product info sheets about the game and I can confirm that the press assets include character art for:

Shulk
Wonder Red
Ashley
Ridley
Takamaru
Skull Kid
Mewtwo
Palutena
Lyn
Barbara the Bat
Cranky Kong
Isaac
Proto Man
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager

The thing about this is that we’ve only got art of these characters and no screenshots, so it’s hard to tell if they’re playable or not. We just received a .ZIP full of art. No descriptions, nothing else. Some like the last three in particular I’m fairly sure are alt costumes, but some (like Cranky Kong for instance) we have no idea about yet- could be Newcomers, could be Assist Trophies (and given that Skull Kid and Ashley are in there, we know that at least SOME of these characters are assists)"

Edit: I really need to learn how to put these long posts in those small boxes or whatever they are called. Spoiler tags would work

There is one reason why I think this is probably fake and it's because of Barbara the Bat and Isaac. I think that Barbara especially will not come back as a Assist Trophy and she won't be playable. Issac I don't think will be playable either, and might come back as an assist, I'm not sure. I think Barbara was one of the more lame assists, and that many other characters could replace her.

I think it's kinda of strange though that Little Mac wasn't included. I thought that most leaks like this include him on the list.

Morbi

Scavenger
There is one reason why I think this is probably fake and it's because of Barbara the Bat and Isaac. I think that Barbara especially will not come back as a Assist Trophy and she won't be playable. Issac I don't think will be playable either, and might come back as an assist, I'm not sure. I think Barbara was one of the more lame assists, and that many other characters could replace her.

I think it's kinda of strange though that Little Mac wasn't included. I thought that most leaks like this include him on the list.
Imagine if Barbara the bat was actually playable, I would rage-quit so fast. :urg:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
If anyone's interested... here's 2 of 3 resources that could have been used to fake the palutena pic
1. Mario:
e3 2013 developer direct's got a nice pan across mario during an idle animation near the beginning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfVCnB_IVo)

2. background:
battlefield (if you pause during that pan across mario, you can see where the "rocks" and "trees" from the leak come from) likely this footage or a screenshot can provide this

the remaining piece is palutena herself. reverse thinking-wise to fake a photo like this would require a photoshop that layered the background, mario, and palutena. outlines would have to be correct too. That photoshop would then most easily be put on the 3ds in a picture viewer in order to get the pixels right.

now for a source for palutena, people have noticed that while the design of palutena is based off of kid icarus uprising, but has so many minor changes, that it strongly suggests both a redesign and an original model.

1. It is possible if there was some scene in the game in which palutena was in the same position those two pictures. This would then require heavy photoshop changes in some minuscule details. otherwise other photos from the game or concept art could be used
2. a model for palutena was created with miraculous detail and rendered in a 3d environment
3. someone made a good custom brawl model/texture and rendered it in brawl, doing further photoshop likely later
4. someone extracted the data from KI:U and retrieved a model, from that, it could be very easy to make the source from then, either render it in a 3d environment or in brawl- imported. So far, I dont think anyone has extracted 3ds game files into a usable format
5. someone's really good at making a piece of art look like a 3d model.

or of course it could be real.

as for me, i doubt a leaker would supply so little information if it was real. it's very similar to other fake leaks with only a picture for proof. also, all but palutena would be really easy to fake.
1) Various people have compared this video frame by frame, and there is no match. The Mario used in the leak received various tweaks, and resembles a much further developed model. The Mario actually resembles the Mario from the adventure screen shot that was released recently. The fact that these Marios share the same traits, versus the E3 video, both debunk this reasoning and adds to its authenticity.

2) The rocks and trees appear to be 2-D images in fixed positions. Even with this, the leaked image takes place on top of the right platform and is angled in a position that would be impossible to recreate with available media.

1. Footage has been analyzed from Brawl and Uprising. What we are seeing is not a product of photoshop, but an original 3D model.
2. If anything this.
3. While possible, experts claim the resolution does not match between Brawl and 3DS, making this difficult. Also you would have to take into an account for recreating the entire Battlefield stage, with perfect consistencies, and creating a Mario model that matches the most recent released mario image (which was 48 hours before this leak happened) And again, photoshop was not used here.
4. It is currently impossible to extract 3DS data.
5. Maybe.

Either way, the internet is convinced Photoshop was not used here. Everything in the images are entirely original. And considering the person had a 48 hour time period to perfect these, completely rendering everypiece with that much detail is highly unlikly.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Imagine if Barbara the bat was actually playable, I would rage-quit so fast. :urg:
Well, then again. It's not like Sakurai couldn't make a moveset for her.
Heck I didn't think you could make a moveset out of Rosalina. But I think she's now one of the more unique characters.
Anything could happen.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you couldn't tell the Waluigi picture was fake after 10 seconds of analysis, you either need your eyes checked or you need to learn what photo editing is.
Wouldn't that imply that Brawl and Wii U/3DS never existed?
I'm implying that Smash 3DS doesn't actually exist, yes, just like Half-Life 2 Episode 3 and 4 (both of which were in development for a while, lol).
Ridley says hi!...
Ridley wouldn't be the biggest deal; a 3rd party character would, like Tails, Pac-Man, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ryu, anything Metal Gear-related (particularly Big Boss), some Soul Calibur or Tekken character, and so on.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you couldn't tell the Waluigi picture was fake after 10 seconds of analysis, you either need your eyes checked or you need to learn what photo editing is.
I liked the model though...

I'm implying that Smash 3DS doesn't actually exist, yes, just like Half-Life 2 Episode 3 and 4 (both of which were in development for a while, lol).
Fake, Valve can't count to 3...

Ridley wouldn't be the biggest deal; a 3rd party character would, like Tails, Pac-Man, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ryu, anything Metal Gear-related (particularly Big Boss), some Soul Calibur or Tekken character, and so on.
Seeing his fans, I wouldn't be surprised...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
These are hilarious. Does Adam even have a single supporter? I'm very curious
Strange and delusional fangirls I'm assuming...
Maybe he did before, as he played a role in Fusion (and wasn't half-bad, scary I know). But, then Other: M happened.

Groose

Smash Champion
Here's the overlooked leak that I don't think got much conversation amidst the Palutena train. What do you guys think? It has Shulk so I believe it………

Hello! I know there have been a lot of “leaks” lately so of course, believe what you want . I don’t have as much info as some of the other people who have shared things in the last few weeks, but I thought I’d fill you all in on some new things I’ve found out.

I work for a ~PAL Region~ Nintendo office. I won’t say which one because obviously I need to keep my location and identity a secret!

Some time in the next few months (most likely around April) there will be Smash demos installed on Wii U and 3DS demo stations that are currently at certain retailers (in my region- not sure about other regions plans for this but I imagine they’re the same). The Wii U version of the demo has been finalized and we have the code at our offices. That’s what I’m here to share info on.

DEMO CONTENT

The demo is simply a standard four-stock battle mode. This is the only content available in the demo, and only a small selection of stages and characters are available.

DEMO STAGES

>Battlefield
>Skyloft
>Smashville
>Wily’s Castle

DEMO CHARACTERS

>Mario
>Link
>Samus
>Pikachu
>Donkey Kong
>Pit
>Kirby
>Fox
>Mega Man
>Villager

Don’t ask why these characters were chosen for the demo, I don’t know! (I wish Wii Fit Trainer was in, I’m most excited to play her)

DEMO ITEMS

Items can be turned on and off, but the “item select” screen isn’t available. As far as I know, not all items from the final game are in the demo, even ones that have been revealed so far by Sakurai (for example, Assist Trophies and Pokeballs are not in the demo)

THE TRAILER

The demo has a trailer that plays after the title screen has been left idle for 2 minutes (retail workers can expect to see this trailer a lot!), and while it DOES show shadowy silhouettes of some new characters, nothing “new” is shown. There is some gameplay footage of veterans that haven’t been officially revealed yet (such as Ness, Jigglypuff, and Wario)

HOWEVER

We have also received some press assets and product info sheets about the game and I can confirm that the press assets include character art for:

Shulk
Wonder Red
Ashley
Ridley
Takamaru
Skull Kid
Mewtwo
Palutena
Lyn
Barbara the Bat
Cranky Kong
Isaac
Proto Man
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager

The thing about this is that we’ve only got art of these characters and no screenshots, so it’s hard to tell if they’re playable or not. We just received a .ZIP full of art. No descriptions, nothing else. Some like the last three in particular I’m fairly sure are alt costumes, but some (like Cranky Kong for instance) we have no idea about yet- could be Newcomers, could be Assist Trophies (and given that Skull Kid and Ashley are in there, we know that at least SOME of these characters are assists)"

Edit: I really need to learn how to put these long posts in those small boxes or whatever they are called. Spoiler tags would work

2nd edit: Thanks MisterVideoGaming
Though I appreciate you bringing it to our attention, this doesn't really tell us anything. There are a handful of names, but they could be anything. If this is real, then it's probably worth dismissing anyway because it doesn't reveal anything.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though I appreciate you bringing it to our attention, this doesn't really tell us anything. There are a handful of names, but they could be anything. If this is real, then it's probably worth dismissing anyway because it doesn't reveal anything.
Well, not yet at least...

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
-He didn't sound stressed from work (he actually looks really relaxed, since his job is much smaller this time), but Nintendo is definitely putting pressure on him. They should have a decent Winter 2014 lineup without Smash, and honestly, Smash in 2015 would put lots of pressure on Sony and Microsoft to compete.
-The single-player doesn't sound totally finished yet though. That's what I'm getting off. We've seen maybe 1 2 second clip of it and 1 picture of it. That's it. You'd think by now we'd see more of it.
-Sakurai has expressed how much the troubles of the Wii U and 3DS jump are. I mean doing one jump is normal, and very doable, but doing 2 is probably four times as stressful.
-Most Brawl characters were roughly done design-wise, but their animation and whatnot probably wasn't. The SSE seemed to be the first, last, and main focus in Brawl.
-Sakurai said there will be patches, and maybe DLC, which IMO is nothing but good news.
-fair enough
-good point, i just think they showed it off less because it has less emphasis this time around.
-I can see why. It's kinda funny how smash 3ds is having more trouble when Sakurai has already made 3ds games, but not wii u games.
-Yeah, SSE was the big hook for the game, so they probably decided who was on the roster and in the story before they finalized the characters. (except sanic)
-I did not know that. I'm excited to see what's in store for patches and possible dlc

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Honestly, people still trying to prove the Lady Palutena leak as fake make me laugh. Not to be rude, but all the points they try to address have already been addressed.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Doesn't hurt to try...
I never said it does. I just feel like trying at this point is like trying to deny the sun exists. All the evidence points towards this leak being real, and evidence doesn't lie.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't know...

We can't be sure until the man (Sakurai himself) weighs in...
I'm pretty positive in my verdict. Unless someone can swoop in and bring down the hardest of evidence, my mind is made up. A few others, such as CosmicQueen, are on the same side, I believe.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Quick question. Has anyone compared the Palutena shot to the Kid Icarus Anime? Thanatos Rising?
Eeyup. Still not a match, my friend.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I never said it does. I just feel like trying at this point is like trying to deny the sun exists. All the evidence points towards this leak being real, and evidence doesn't lie.
Pic that might be real =/= Sun.
It may have a chance, but I'd wait until further confirmation.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-fair enough
-good point, i just think they showed it off less because it has less emphasis this time around.
-I can see why. It's kinda funny how smash 3ds is having more trouble when Sakurai has already made 3ds games, but not wii u games.
-Yeah, SSE was the big hook for the game, so they probably decided who was on the roster and in the story before they finalized the characters. (except sanic)
-I did not know that. I'm excited to see what's in store for patches and possible dlc
-The difference was Sakurai used a different crew. No one at Namco Bandai has really any experience with the 3DS, or how to make things in 3D. I imagine an outside source was used, like HAL Laboratories, PAON, Monster Games, etc.
-The SSE was an embarrassment. 3/5th's of time, money, and the effort went into that thing. For what=??? Cut scenes and average-ish bosses that are either boring original bosses, or were done far better in their original games=???
-Yeah, patches are a commonplace in fighting games, whether Street Fighter, King of Fighter, various Capcom crossovers, Tekken, Soul Calibur, and now Smash. Thank the Goddess of the Stars Rosalina! :)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Quick question. Has anyone compared the Palutena shot to the Kid Icarus Anime? Thanatos Rising?
Why have you been here since 2004 and have less then 50 posts?

Anyway, about Alfonzo, he is from a cartoonish game, I think it's only natural for him to have a type of outline, one that in my opinion is clearly different that a regular players outline.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
If Palutena leak is real, I imagine she'll be a secret character anyway.
Like the secret characters from Brawl, we're unlikely to get confirmation until we play the game.

Well, except Lucario.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Why have you been here since 2004 and have less then 50 posts?

Anyway, about Alfonzo, he is from a cartoonish game, I think it's only natural for him to have a type of outline, one that in my opinion is clearly different that a regular players outline.
I lurk. I was more active when I was going to tourneys, but it's been a long time. I'll likely be more active for the new game though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I do wonder what happened to the leaker though (assuming it isn't Sakurai himself). Doubt he/she has a job anymore if you get my drift.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Seriously, look at all the posts this topic got in just a couple of days

I swear if this happens to Ridley the page count is going to double in under a day.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
-Yeah, patches are a commonplace in fighting games, whether Street Fighter, King of Fighter, various Capcom crossovers, Tekken, Soul Calibur, and now Smash. Thank the Goddess of the Stars Rosalina! :)
Sakurai said there are no plans for patches or DLC, last I checked. Unless he's done another article saying otherwise.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai said there are no plans for patches or DLC, last I checked. Unless he's done another article saying otherwise.
He said he didn't have plans (at the time of the interview), but didn't dismiss the idea either.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
He said he didn't have plans (at the time of the interview), but didn't dismiss the idea either.
Yup, but no direct conformation or dis-conformation. I don't know where people are getting the idea patches are confirmed, even though they probably will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom