• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ok, the TC posted more info. This time revealing the characters, I personally don't believe this, maybe I'm denial... :p
Don't mess with my emotions.... you know I want Duck Hunt Dog in Smash for the longest time... I was probably the first person to suggest Duck Hunt Dog way back in 2003 during the Nsider days. I objectively knew that it was a long shot but if this is true, I would squeal with joy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah this guy is looking less and less believe-able. Anyone got a link to where he's posting all of this?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Anyone else notice this "leaker" started posting more far-fetched stuff after people comment that he's "playing it safe" with predictions? Pretty obvious cover ups

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm becoming more fearful for King K. Rool. But I'm gonna wait until I see something substantial first.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh reminder if a pokemon veteran or newcomer gets confirmed this week or next Monday rumor 2 is very possible if that happens

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone else notice this "leaker" started posting more far-fetched stuff after people comment that he's "playing it safe" with predictions? Pretty obvious cover ups
And now the leaker is going to start playing it safe again, amirite? :troll:

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
The original leaker (the one that said things about Little Mac, Awakened Mewtwo, One Break the Targets course per franchise, etc) said that this new leaker is false, but he also "revealed" new info when someone asked him what made him think the new guy was a false leaker.

--------

K. Rool is in the game as a boss character. The whole "low priority" side comment shows he's not aware how the character has already been used. To be honest, I actually logged on today to make another post, cause I've learned some new stuff. But when I logged on I saw all these leak threads and joke threads attributing them, and so I got kind of discouraged. When I read this guy's post, some parts of what he said were truth, which intrigued me. And to be completely honest, there's a lot about the game I don't know, so if I could validate his claims, then I could use him to fill some gaps in my own knowledge. That's what I was thinking.

I'll post later when things have simmered down on FAQs. Although I don't respond in my own threads, I do read every reply, and it's tiring to read the mockery. Seeing as there's several joke threads on "prophets" on the front page at this very moment, I think it's best I wait until tomorrow to post, or something.

Anyway, this guy's false. I'm not even going to comment on the "Dog & Hunter" thing.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Yoooo this is awesome. Seriously recommend watching this.
Leakers are now calling other leakers fakes. PROPHET VS. PROPHET. MAYBE TROLL VS. MAYBE TROLL.
THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyway, this guy's false. I'm not even going to comment on the "Dog & Hunter" thing.
I wonder if this "Dog & Hunter" character is based on my idea for Duck Hunt Dog... where you play as the dog but the hunter is doing all the shooting from the fourth wall (the person who is playing Duck Hunt)...

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I wonder if this "Dog & Hunter" character is based on my idea for Duck Hunt Dog... where you play as the dog but the hunter is doing all the shooting from the fourth wall (the person who is playing Duck Hunt)...

Maybe this guy saw the moveset you made and he thought it was a nice idea for an internet rumor :dizzy:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Wouldn't be too happy to see King K. Rool as a boss, but if there's another cool newcomer I want (Palutena), I'll be fine.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Make the dog playable in Smash just so I can beat the living **** out of it for all those times it laughed at mee.

DAMN YOU DUCK HUNT DOG. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT GAME THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO SHOOT THAT DAMNED DOG.

But really that dog must be beated to a bloody pulp so it will never laugh again.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Duck Hunt Dog? This "trustable", "honest" leaker is saying Duck Hunt Dog will be in Super Smash Bros. 4? ...

FREAKING FINALLY!

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I found another supposed leak, it's not from the same author though. Don't take it too seriously since it comes from GameFAQs. I'll update the OP with this rumor.

-----------
THIS WAS POSTED TODAY (4 AUGUST 2013)

You know, I've kept pretty quiet while waiting for this game. And honestly it's getting boring.

Where are the leaks? Where are the prophets? The trolls?

Even if they didn't turn out to be true, there were TONS during Brawl and it was always interesting to see who was right and who was wrong. It was especially fun for me because I knew a couple of things about the game and saw people who were blatantly lying. I didn't know everything though, and it was cool to see who was right and who was wrong.

Well. I'm in a position where I know a few things. And I'm thinking it's time I shook things up a bit. So, hey. It's my first day here. How's it going? Consider me the first real "leak" of Smash 4, commenting on some of the speculation I've seen. I'm totally a prophet. Totally a leaker. Here's what I know that they haven't told you yet about Smash Wii U/3DS:

First, there were absolutely plans to include the 'Forbidden Seven' in Brawl; however, they would have all ended up being clones with the exception of the Melee veterans. Under pressure from Nintendo, the team decided to include Sonic as opposed to including more characters around September/October 2007. Dixie Kong would have been a Diddy clone, Toon Zelda/Tetra a Zelda/Sheik clone, and Plusle/Minun an Ice Climbers clone. Wolf was originally part of this collective, but he was far along enough so that he was included anyways.

As far as I am aware, the only one of the above that will be appearing in Smash 4 as a playable character is Dixie Kong. I would bet money that she'll be revealed around the release of Tropical Freeze.

Yellow Devil in the Mega Man stage is actually one of the stage obstacles. He's not a boss, nor is he part of Mega Man's Final Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer started as a joke between Hiroshi Matsunaga, Wii Fit creator, and Sakurai, discussing what it would be like if the next Smash Bros. was played using a Balance Board. That's how he got the idea of the trainer being a character.

Villager was requested to be the first character revealed at E3 in promotion of the new Animal Crossing. However, the team wanted to reveal another character first instead--Little Mac--to showcase the faster speed of the game. Little Mac's play style is very quick, focusing on many hits in short-range combat with few truly 'powerful' moves. He would have fit very well in Melee.

The boxing ring stage is--as you would have guessed--Little Mac's 'home stage.' King Hippo will also be an Assist Trophy. By the way, similarly to the stages, the 3DS and the Wii U versions will feature some different Assist Trophies.

On character customization: move sets. The moves stay fundamentally the same, but with different tweaks similarly to how Ness and Lucas had the same moves but with different styles of play. These moves do not vary in power, but add different advantages. Fox's laser blaster is a good example: you can make his blaster fire more quickly, in different directions, longer, etc., but at the expense of other skills.

On story mode: think halfway between Melee's Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary: each character does the same Adventure Mode. Bosses return, but one of the challenges has been picking bosses that each character would be okay with battling. In that vein, Medusa is a boss, but count out Bowser Jr as a boss since Bowser would never fight against him.

On DLC: the game will not include any major DLC content such as new characters or stages. The team intends to put out the game as close to finished as possible.

Finally, on Mewtwo: Mewtwo's on the short list. The way the roster works is they make an unrealistically long list of characters, then prioritize the ones they want in. The runoff usually make the next installment. For example, had there not been clones in Melee, Dedede would have been in. Mewtwo ranks pretty well, but there's still a small chance he won't make it.

That's all I got. (Raises shield)

--------------

Some people later questioned the TC and he answered some questions

--------------

This isn't really a "far fetched fan wish" kind of game. It's more of a "people love Smash Bros. as it is, so here's a similar game with some cool improvements" game.

Electric-based attacks that would have sacrificed stunning abilities because the duo was supposed to be very fast--the fastest other than Sonic.

--------------
So.... what do you think?
Well, Look at his history.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/massive-wii-u-spoilers-for-e3.452509945/

Parasol

Smash Cadet
I'm a bit confused. Is this the same leaker under a different account? I'm going to update this thread and want to get the information right.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I wish that he was real leaker :( I would love to have that dog in Smash 4.

Dude, I'm the guy who created the Nintendog support thread that has the dog's owner helping him, and yet I'd STILL prefer Duck Hunt Dog and his master. If that's not betrayal/dedication, I don't know what is.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Dude, I'm the guy who created the Nintendog support thread that has the dog's owner helping him, and yet I'd STILL prefer Duck Hunt Dog and his master. If that's not betrayal/dedication, I don't know what is.

That leaker is fake, so it's over for now.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Both of these leakers are shrouded in doubt, considering the WiiLuvU guy's account shared a name with a guy who falsely leaked E3 2012 (and were made on the same day, a year apart), and has been called out by InfiniteGTX as fake. Meanwhile, InfiniteGTX has admitted to falsely leaking information about Brawl as a way to compile information with which he could impress his friends.

Again, this is something we'll have to wait out to uncover the truth. Though I'll openly admit I want this to be false, even more than I want the Pacman leak to be false, since a boss K. Rool would be just too bittersweet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I doubt the king k rool part is real him being a boss instead of a playable and as for the duck hunt dog what site has the proof for the dog being possible for smash

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
How is this guy a "leaker", again? I mean, he never stated that he got any personal or inside info or anything. To me, he just seems like he's posting theories. So why take him seriously if he's just guessing. How do we know if it's a leak?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Aside from Gamefaqs being a few ticks away from /b/ in terms of being the butthole of the internet, everything here is incredibly vague with most of the "leaks" having a freakishly high chance of being true (Little Mac and Mewtwo especially) so if something is proven wrong, this guy can just point out of the other things to make it seem like he's not a complete liar.
Hey! They made LOL CATZ!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like the special tagteam gimmick with the FE swordsman. Imaginative if even not real.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Yea... it's way too early for leaks of any reliable significant. Not willing to trust any of them this soon.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
As much as it sucks to imagine K. Rool as a boss, everything he's said makes sense.

I like this one better than the Sal Romano one because it says more than "X, Y and Z are in the game".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom