• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm not sure why a fair number of people seem concerned about people believing this rumor. Being disappointed doesn't hurt that much guys. The rumor is probably false, but we're having fun imaging Mewtwo making his epic debut reappearance.

Also, is the roster ever truly finalized until the game is done? I mean I'm sure they have a list of "design these characters in order" that was created long ago, but if Sakurai is sufficiently displeased with the result, or if they run into significant enough issues, does not the character get scrapped? In fact didn't Sakurai say in an interview somewhere that sometimes character ideas just don't really pan out? Eh, wish I could remember a source.
I think he already has a list of characters he desires to be in the game and he's going to try to stuff as many of those in the game as logically possible within limitations.
It may be a while before it's finalized.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
okay so i gto mor info form my uncel and he told me dat teh nex nwecomr revaeled is goin to be a landmaster

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm not sure why a fair number of people seem concerned about people believing this rumor. Being disappointed doesn't hurt that much guys. The rumor is probably false, but we're having fun imaging Mewtwo making his epic debut reappearance.

Also, is the roster ever truly finalized until the game is done? I mean I'm sure they have a list of "design these characters in order" that was created long ago, but if Sakurai is sufficiently displeased with the result, or if they run into significant enough issues, does not the character get scrapped? In fact didn't Sakurai say in an interview somewhere that sometimes character ideas just don't really pan out? Eh, wish I could remember a source.
I remember reading that too.

Plus he said the roster is finalized as in he knows who is gonna be in but i wonder how many chars are completed so far...?

I mean brawl had 39 chars in total including transF right?

I think 45/47 including TransF is the one.

Plus some chars Brawl chars wont come back either swapped for Newcomers or Roy & or Mewtwo.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
The entire roster is finallised and will not have any additions. It's unknown how many characters they'll actually manage to finish, but all the characters are, at this point in time, already in the game, whether they're already in a finished state or still just a concept. This applies to all the veterans as well, since Sakurai has already said they aren't cutting any specific characters. So yes, Lucario is in the game until the dev team decides he isn't. This was the case in Brawl as well, with the sole exception of Sonic. Unless a character gets a significant rise in support that can convince Sakurai to add them into the game, there aren't going to be any new additions to the roster the team have decided on.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The entire roster is finallised and will not have any additions. It's unknown how many characters they'll actually manage to finish, but all the characters are, at this point in time, already in the game, whether they're already in a finished state or still just a concept. This applies to all the veterans as well, since Sakurai has already said they aren't cutting any specific characters. So yes, Lucario is in the game until the dev team decides he isn't.
Hmmm i hear what your saying but although it may sound harsh but wouldnt it be better to just rule out lets say.....urrr...the more obscure chars first so they are more focused and comfortable.

By how your saying it is everysingle char in Smash history will return and as development goes on some chars will be dropped?

I mean clones are easier and faster to add than Completly new chars so wouldnt Melee's cut chars and be easier to add back because they already got there data and models etc..just need updating.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well, Little Mac is not in. You can see the Villager using his severed hands for an attack in a screenshot.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Hmmm i hear what your saying but although it may sound harsh but wouldnt it be better to just rule out lets say.....urrr...the more obscure chars first so they are more focused and comfortable.

By how your saying it is everysingle char in Smash history will return and as development goes on some chars will be dropped?

I mean clones are easier and faster to add than Completly new chars so wouldnt Melee's cut chars and be easier to add back because they already got there data and models etc..just need updating.
Sakurai has already said they're not cutting any specific characters. It all depends on whether or not they're actually capable of adding those characters or if they'll just have to cut their losses and abandon them. The only characters that really have any chances of being cut are characters that they would consider very low priority and not have the time to get them in the game, or characters that for some reason or another can't actually be included in the game, like how they were having trouble with the Ice Climbers. Every Brawl veteran is intended to be in the game. Whether or not they'll make it into the final product is up in the air.

Also, no, they couldn't just copypasta a character from one game to another. Different consoles use different coding. If that was the case then they wouldn't be having to put actual effort into developing the veteran characters, and Sakurai wouldn't be going on about how there isn't enough time to add all those characters if it was as simple as copying it from one system to the other.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
The first Pokemon movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back
The latest - Mewtwo's Awakening

After taking a game off in internal slumber Mewtwo awakens and strikes back with the help of his/her new found power.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Sakurai has already said they're not cutting any specific characters. It all depends on whether or not they're actually capable of adding those characters or if they'll just have to cut their losses and abandon them. The only characters that really have any chances of being cut are characters that they would consider very low priority and not have the time to get them in the game, or characters that for some reason or another can't actually be included in the game, like how they were having trouble with the Ice Climbers. Every Brawl veteran is intended to be in the game. Whether or not they'll make it into the final product is up in the air.

Also, no, they couldn't just copypasta a character from one game to another. Different consoles use different coding. If that was the case then they wouldn't be having to put actual effort into developing the veteran characters, and Sakurai wouldn't be going on about how there isn't enough time to add all those characters if it was as simple as copying it from one system to the other.
I didnt say straight copy and paste...what im tryna get as is surely adding back roy and mewtwo letssay would be faster than adding a completely new char.

Also Sakurai said - No chars have been cut so far
Also Sakurai Said - we dont have enough time to bring everyone back in smash history.

But yh i get what your saying its cool.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Also Sakurai Said - we dont have enough time to bring everyone back in smash history..
That's exactly my point though. we don't have enough time. They simply don't have enough time to add all the characters. It's not that they aren't including all the veterans, it's that they can't add all the veterans. They're obviously trying their hardest to stuff as many characters into the game as they can. I honestly don't doubt for a second that if Sakurai could have an extended deadline to add in all the characters, he would gladly take that chance, but he can't. There are probably quite a few newcomers that won't make it into the finished product as well, but the team are trying their hardest to make that number as small as possible.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That's exactly my point though. we don't have enough time. They simply don't have enough time to add all the characters. It's not that they aren't including all the veterans, it's that they can't add all the veterans. They're obviously trying their hardest to stuff as many characters into the game as they can. I honestly don't doubt for a second that if Sakurai could have an extended deadline to add in all the characters, he would gladly take that chance, but he can't. There are probably quite a few newcomers that won't make it into the finished product as well, but the team are trying their hardest to make that number as small as possible.
I aint arguing with ya i understand - but yh brawl didnt add any1 i cared about so i pretty much dont care who doesnt make it..well except Wario and Diddy but no one else.

I mean in your opnion do you think they would be more cuts than Melee?

PS: i knew they would be cuts even before Sakurai dropped that line...

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The entire roster is finallised and will not have any additions. It's unknown how many characters they'll actually manage to finish, but all the characters are, at this point in time, already in the game, whether they're already in a finished state or still just a concept. This applies to all the veterans as well, since Sakurai has already said they aren't cutting any specific characters. So yes, Lucario is in the game until the dev team decides he isn't. This was the case in Brawl as well, with the sole exception of Sonic. Unless a character gets a significant rise in support that can convince Sakurai to add them into the game, there aren't going to be any new additions to the roster the team have decided on.
I completely agree that they're won't be any additions, but some were saying that this rumor is false or hopefully false, because it suggests the roster isn't finalized. This rumor says nothing about additions, but does suggest that maybe Mewtwo won't make it in or will be altered, if GameFreak isn't cool with it. While I don't know how realistic that scenario is, my point was simply that this doesn't discount the rumor.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I wouldn't mind these rumors at all. They do seem generic and given. That is fine though. If the next reveal is a Pokemon reveal, I can dig it. Jigglypuff seems obvious. I think PKMN Trainer was cut. If it isn't Lucario/Mewtwo. That would leave a newcomer or our pink ball (assuming Pichu doesn't make an epic comeback).
:pichumelee: Not in Ssb4 I am good

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I wouldn't mind these rumors at all. They do seem generic and given. That is fine though. If the next reveal is a Pokemon reveal, I can dig it. Jigglypuff seems obvious. I think PKMN Trainer was cut. If it isn't Lucario/Mewtwo. That would leave a newcomer or our pink ball (assuming Pichu doesn't make an epic comeback).
:pichumelee: Not in Ssb4 I am good

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I wonder if Melee characters are counted among the veterans or if they are officially cut.(Under the the name "Cut" they're not veterans right now but they could still comeback.)

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I found another supposed leak, it's not from the same author though. Don't take it too seriously since it comes from GameFAQs. I'll update the OP with this rumor.

-----------
THIS WAS POSTED TODAY (4 AUGUST 2013)

You know, I've kept pretty quiet while waiting for this game. And honestly it's getting boring.

Where are the leaks? Where are the prophets? The trolls?

Even if they didn't turn out to be true, there were TONS during Brawl and it was always interesting to see who was right and who was wrong. It was especially fun for me because I knew a couple of things about the game and saw people who were blatantly lying. I didn't know everything though, and it was cool to see who was right and who was wrong.

Well. I'm in a position where I know a few things. And I'm thinking it's time I shook things up a bit. So, hey. It's my first day here. How's it going? Consider me the first real "leak" of Smash 4, commenting on some of the speculation I've seen. I'm totally a prophet. Totally a leaker. Here's what I know that they haven't told you yet about Smash Wii U/3DS:

First, there were absolutely plans to include the 'Forbidden Seven' in Brawl; however, they would have all ended up being clones with the exception of the Melee veterans. Under pressure from Nintendo, the team decided to include Sonic as opposed to including more characters around September/October 2007. Dixie Kong would have been a Diddy clone, Toon Zelda/Tetra a Zelda/Sheik clone, and Plusle/Minun an Ice Climbers clone. Wolf was originally part of this collective, but he was far along enough so that he was included anyways.

As far as I am aware, the only one of the above that will be appearing in Smash 4 as a playable character is Dixie Kong. I would bet money that she'll be revealed around the release of Tropical Freeze.

Yellow Devil in the Mega Man stage is actually one of the stage obstacles. He's not a boss, nor is he part of Mega Man's Final Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer started as a joke between Hiroshi Matsunaga, Wii Fit creator, and Sakurai, discussing what it would be like if the next Smash Bros. was played using a Balance Board. That's how he got the idea of the trainer being a character.

Villager was requested to be the first character revealed at E3 in promotion of the new Animal Crossing. However, the team wanted to reveal another character first instead--Little Mac--to showcase the faster speed of the game. Little Mac's play style is very quick, focusing on many hits in short-range combat with few truly 'powerful' moves. He would have fit very well in Melee.

The boxing ring stage is--as you would have guessed--Little Mac's 'home stage.' King Hippo will also be an Assist Trophy. By the way, similarly to the stages, the 3DS and the Wii U versions will feature some different Assist Trophies.

On character customization: move sets. The moves stay fundamentally the same, but with different tweaks similarly to how Ness and Lucas had the same moves but with different styles of play. These moves do not vary in power, but add different advantages. Fox's laser blaster is a good example: you can make his blaster fire more quickly, in different directions, longer, etc., but at the expense of other skills.

On story mode: think halfway between Melee's Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary: each character does the same Adventure Mode. Bosses return, but one of the challenges has been picking bosses that each character would be okay with battling. In that vein, Medusa is a boss, but count out Bowser Jr as a boss since Bowser would never fight against him.

On DLC: the game will not include any major DLC content such as new characters or stages. The team intends to put out the game as close to finished as possible.

Finally, on Mewtwo: Mewtwo's on the short list. The way the roster works is they make an unrealistically long list of characters, then prioritize the ones they want in. The runoff usually make the next installment. For example, had there not been clones in Melee, Dedede would have been in. Mewtwo ranks pretty well, but there's still a small chance he won't make it.

That's all I got. (Raises shield)

--------------

Some people later questioned the TC and he answered some questions

--------------

NicoRobin007 said:
Surprised you didn't try to sneak a far fetched fan wish in with all the logical, popular opinions, but yeah...All makes sense.
This isn't really a "far fetched fan wish" kind of game. It's more of a "people love Smash Bros. as it is, so here's a similar game with some cool improvements" game.

koopabros64 said:
Plusle & Minum as Ice Climbers clones. Since when do they have hammers or use ice abilities? It just wouldn't work. Didn't you see the hole in this part of your story?
Electric-based attacks that would have sacrificed stunning abilities because the duo was supposed to be very fast--the fastest other than Sonic.

--------------
So.... what do you think?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This guy seems real cocky and such. And were the Forbidden Seven REALLY confirmed as Plusle and Minun? His use of "Totally a prophet. Totally a leaker." does it for me and says he's lying.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I reiterate my first post on this topic.

This all sounds like stuff I wouldn't mind, but it's all so generic "could be right, could be a little wrong" that it doesn't seem legit.
I would be very elated if the Lil' Mac bit turned out to be true. But it's all so general that it doesn't seem like a true leak.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Ugh I always want to believe these, but they let me down so many times. I guess we'll just wait 'n see...

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I like-like this leak. I may have to pass a note to it in class and tell it that I think it is pretty. As you said, it is probably fake, and it seems that the "leakee" is playing it safe with characters like Little Mac and Dixie Kong. The idea of a ridiculously long list of characters that gets narrowed down was pretty good, though, and version exclusive assist trophies was also smart.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This leak is basically in the same vein as the guy who leaked Little Mac, Mewtwo and series-specific Break the Targets stages...in other words, he's saying nothing out-of-the-ordinary to give himself away as a fraud, so there's nothing we can do but wait and see what lies in store.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Little Mac
Dixie

Man...thats....dry.....these are dry newcomers....lol...ow well...if Mewtwo comes back i guess thats gonna be the best that ima get.

K.Rool
And expecially Ridley are too Cool to be made playable RealTalk.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Hah. I love this stuff. I'm gonna follow him for a bit.
He just posted something about the characters 'disappointing people' and it being only about '40 characters.' ooh. The plot thickens.
I'm guessing he goes on a de-confirming rampage here in a bit that will blow minds. Let's stay tuned.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
The TC just made another post

----------

Anyways, sorry, I was, as someone said, at dinner. I'm allowed to eat...does anyone want a picture of my dinner to confirm? :D

I'll comment on some other stuff--I know nothing about the website, so I can't tell you what's going to be revealed when. Also, you really want characters? I'd be careful. I can tell that they're not going for popularity/requests and more going for game balance.

I'll give you that crazy weird detail you wanted, but you're not going to like it...didn't want to share for a reason...

The roster is probably only going to be around 40 characters not counting transformations, maybe 1 or 2 more than that. I say this because it's not 100% who's made the cut and who hasn't yet--it all depends on how many are in before a hard deadline (unless they delay the game.) And there ARE some veterans who are pretty low priority. There are also a lot of characters that have strong followings that aren't even on the roster list, but I don't want to ruin anyone's good time this early before the game is released. People WILL be disappointed--it's a lot like how Sakurai said they're trying to keep as many veterans as they can but they just can't promise all of them.

So I can give characters, but you're not going to like it.

As for Plusle + Minun as Ice Climbers clones, I mean that in the sense that they had a very similar moveset, which could still be done without hammers. They were very light, some moves more powerful, others less powerful, and very fast. Any stunning moves were now electric-based and caused damage within their radius of attack. Think Pichu but actually usable and unable to damage itself.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Until that guy gives me something not generic, I'm not believing anything.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Ok, the TC posted more info. This time revealing the characters, I personally don't believe this, maybe I'm denial... :p

-------------

Okay...at your own risk...

No Ridley again. Too tough to balance, not even listed.
K. Rool is pretty low priority. Doesn't add much unique.
Dog and Hunter (from Duck Hunt,) Paper Mario are in.
Snake is out. So is Jigglypuff.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He is now having a back-and-forth with the aforementioned guy who leaked Little Mac/Mewtwo/Series BTTs, who also happened to comment that he's right with Dixie. However, that guy has now said that this new guy is false, based on that above answer.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
This makes for some good entertainment.

I don't believe a word he says tbh. What makes him so special?

Rumors are just that. Rumors. However entertaining they may be, I don't believe any of it. I think he's doing this just to pass the time until the game releases. Where is his source material?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom