• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
''Pic of the Day - To win in Smash Brothers you must send someone flying with a mighty blow! Heavy hitters like Dedede, Bowser, and Donkey Kong do this best."

Additional comment:

'''Palutena leak? What Palutena leak?! :troll:"
If that happens, then I'll be all like...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh man, no matter what happens to Mewtwo, when we learn of it's fate, this site is gonna explode. (sadly it is not a shoo-in, but still I'd be incredibly shocked if it did not return)

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
Someone on another site said the emblem behind her looked fake.

I don't see it. You guys see it?
Looks the same as it did in Brawl and Uprising tbh... just smaller, however I would not be surprised if Sakurai shrunk the halo down to be less distracting

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ AM
The part where he licks his lips ****ing killed me. :rotfl:
I know, right=??? I found it on another forum I visit making fun of some fanboy OP, who was totally fanboy'gasming over of some athlete, lol.
Someone on another site said the emblem behind her looked fake.

I don't see it. You guys see it?
It looks like a standard 3DS effect to me, and it looks legit.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is amazing. So much buzz from this leak, it's getting me hype. I'm pretty neutral, leaning to "I think it's real", but I'm really trying to be realistic and unbiased about all this. I say I'm leaning to "real," but I just wanted to list some of my reasons, and even play devil's advocate. So take a look, and consider both sides.

I think it's real because:
  • I see no remnants of photoshopping (blurs, awkward pixelation, errors in details)
  • Model looks unique, in that it is inspired by Brawl and KI:U, but isn't either
  • Background looks unique, in that its relative location is evident, but it's still an angle we haven't seen
I'm reiterating too many before me when I say that for a fake, this would be PRETTY impressive. Putting so much effort into a fake (polish, detail, even creative freedom) is unlikely, but that "hunch" is all subjective and not actual evidence,

now...

I think it's fake because:
  • It's strange to see no light source on the 3DS; color/contrast balancing is too good
  • The leaker (supposedly) had time for a nice camera angle, presumably in debug mode, and sans HUD (and still no bottom screen pics?)
Of course, one could theorize that the pictures were viewed on the 3DS' image gallery, and that there would be no reason to capture the bottom screen.

As to whether or not Palutena is an Assist Trophy: I think she's certainly not.
  • Outlines are usually for playable characters
  • Model is very detailed for such a minor role
Both of the images have her in poses that seem more idle/taunt-esque than anything an Assist Trophy would do, so...

I hope I get to play as a hot leggy green haired Greek goddess with an intimidating staff in this upcoming Smash title, mkay?

Espio264

Smash Ace
I can so see this ending up on @ midnight tonight.

Chris Hardwick will be all: "Thousands of Super Smash Brothers fans simultaneously peed themselves when the potential reveal of a sexy new fighter appeared on 4 chan. No wonder they call it a leak! Comedians, respond whether you think these screenshots of Lady Palutena are real or fake as an excited Smash Bros. Fan."

Weird Al Yankovic: "Sure, the pics of the green haired lady seem real enough, but does the carpet match the drapes?"

Kumail Nanjiani: "OMFGODDESS # BUTTS"

Kyle Kinane: " Palutener? I've never even met her!"

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The hype train will derail around 2 AM EST if our inclinations on this leak aren't satisfied with a Palutena reveal. From there, blood will be spilled.

I dont think anything is happening tomorrow. Just look at how long Poke Bank is taking... It took a while for Sakurai to deconfirm the Spring release date leak. but on the other hand we could just all get on the HYPE TRAIN!!!!!
BTW, your avatar is one of my desktop backgrounds in the set I use. Totes!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't see much in those images that look fake. I just don't.

The halo is fine. Her face is fine. She isn't any of the pre-existing models.

If we're proven wrong, then this is probably the greatest leak ever made, but I still think it's real.

Come at me detractors:troll:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Lady Palutena's forward smash attack: Swinging her staff.

And if you hit someone, it breaks. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can so see this ending up on @ midnight tonight.

Chris Hardwick will be all: "Thousands of Super Smash Brothers fans simultaneously peed themselves when the potential reveal of a sexy new fighter appeared on 4 chan. No wonder they call it a leak! Comedians, respond whether you think these screenshots of Lady Palutena are real or fake as an excited Smash Bros. Fan."

Weird Al Yankovic: "Sure, the pics of the green haired lady seem real enough, but does the carpet match the drapes?"

Kumail Nahajiani: "OMFGODDESS # BUTTS"

Kyle Kinane: " Palutener? I've never even met her!"
*breathing intensifies*

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...can anybody say why the angle of the halo is legitimate?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is going to make things so much more hype tonight by revealing a totally different character.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, it was only 7 years from yesterday when the Kid Icarus series emerged back on the Virtual Console. And what, is Hades going to hex us by waiting 25 years for the next sequel? C'mon, Palutena's in her birthday suit alt costume for the occasion.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think so. I don't think you could easily grab a picture of the halo that's big enough to fake this.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't see much of those images that look fake. I just don't.

The halo is fine. Her face is fine. She isn't any of the pre-existing models.

If we're proven wrong, then this is probably the greatest leak ever made, but I still think it's real.

Come at me detractors:troll:

*insert Little Mac E3 reference here*

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
edited:

At this point I think we can all agree that real or fake, these are actual 3D models and the user didn't photoshop them from anywhere. So the angle of the halo really doesn't matter because the leaker would have actually made it if it's a fake.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well, it was only 7 years from yesterday when the Kid Icarus series emerged back on the Virtual Console. And what, is Hades going to hex us by waiting 25 years for the next sequel? C'mon, Palutena's in her birthday suit alt costume for the occasion.
Think ya got something mixed up thar

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What exactly are you referring to?
"Here you can even see that her hand is clipping through her staff and the emblem behind looks like it was taken from a separate image from its angle."

I adressed the staff issue, but the halo issue bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom