• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Looks like utter garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Change is good. Not everyone wants a Melee 2.0. And not everyone wants a Brawl 2.0. I'll wait to judge until the game comes out or we see some actual solid, finished gameplay that is not subject to change in the near future. Judging right now just makes you look like a jackass.

As for everyone insulting or going after the OP, just let him be. He fancies himself as an intellectual but its obvious he is a hardcore, competitive Melee player and both parties trying to come to a middle ground is pointless.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I liked Brawl.
I'm not going to rip it apart because it is not to my standards, Smash Brothers is a big part of my childhood and is my favorite video game series, and Smash 4 looks just fine to anyone who doesn't have a stick in their buns about a game that isn't to their exact specifications.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Change is good.
Bad change is not good.

As for everyone insulting or going after the OP, just let him be. He fancies himself as an intellectual but its obvious he is a hardcore, competitive Melee player and both parties trying to come to a middle ground is pointless.
Competitive Smash player***. Unfortunately, playing Brawl competitively when it's a step back in the evolutionary tree is impossible when you're accustomed to superior mechanics, skill intensive, and deeper game play. I don't care if SSB4 is like Melee, I just want a game that is deep and actually good. Brawl was bad. If SSB4 is going to be identical to Brawl (the game play from videos currently available show SSB4 is completely identical), it's also going to be bad.

Where are the mods?
Mods for what? Discussing the next Smash franchise?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Then don't play it and stick to melee. This is the direction they chose and, as consumers, we can learn to adapt or drop it. Nothing is wrong with either. I actually commend melee players for sticking to it for so long. It just shows its a great game with a strong community.

However, Brawl has a strong community as will SSB4. That makes Smash a very diverse global community due to the contrast in preferences and allows people to pick up a game that fits them the most.

Is SSB4 a copy and paste a fact? No. How can you make a baseless statement without actually playing the game not to mention its still in development. I'm sorry but you aren't always right,
In fact, Brawl being bad is not a FACT but an opinion. It's a biased opinion from the competitive community. However, it being good is also a biased opinion. Melee and Brawll is what it is to the players.

Oh and FACT: I can call you whatever I damn well please.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's ok to have differing opinions however when you make blatant statements, based on opinions formed from a larger community, and call them as fact; well, you are just going to look like a deusche and a jackass. But you've been here in 2004 and probably know these forums well as well as Melee. Trying to explain our point of view or opinions will be met with a "I'm right, your wrong" mentality. Hence why people want this closed. You respond with utter arrogance and deep seeded hatred with anything outside of Melee.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Then don't play it and stick to melee. This is the direction they chose and, as consumers, we can learn to adapt or drop it. Nothing is wrong with either. I actually commend melee players for sticking to it for so long. It just shows its a great game with a strong community.

However, Brawl has a strong community as will SSB4. That makes Smash a very diverse global community due to the contrast in preferences and allows people to pick up a game that fits them the most.

Is SSB4 a copy and paste a fact? No. How can you make a baseless statement without actually playing the game not to mention its still in development. I'm sorry but you aren't always right,

Oh and FACT: I can call you whatever I damn well please.
Brawls community isn't very strong. The mere fact that Melee tournament streams average 400-800%+ more viewers than Brawl tournaments (200-300 viewers) is testament to the fact that hardly anyone wants to play or watch Brawl. That's pretty sad to be honest. If SSB4 is like Brawl, it's not going to be very good for the Smash community as a whole.

How can you call it a baseless statement? HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE GAME PLAY. It's completely identical to Brawl, lol. Look at the videos released, can you honestly say that is any different than Brawl? It has the same game physics down to a tee.

Truth be told even if the gameplay is **** I'm still buying a Wii U just for this game.
The hype for Brawl was enormous. I did the same thing for Brawl, not making the same mistake again :(

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do admit the Brawl community pales to the Melee but I still consider a fairly strong community despite.

Do we know that for sure? Has anyone sat down and played it to test to see? Yes, I call merely watching videos and saying it is identical to Brawl as a baseless statement. I for one will wait till the release date to make a decision.

Mr. C, I see where you are coming from. It does have some similarities but I think you are being to harsh in your analysis. We won't know until we can see the finished product. So why caste stones now? Give it some time. It was just announced and you lambast it from the start. We don't know exactly how the gameplay will change in the end. Could be worse or could improve. But that's the fun of the hype.

And, IMO, I'd rather them continue this franchise than to just let it die.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this thread is utter garbage. the game's mechanics aren't finalized. the initial e3 demo of brawl had quite a few melee mechanics going on and they were changed. it's unlikely they'll do an about face, but it's certain the gameplay footage present isn't entirely indicative of the final product.

peeup

Smash Lord
How can you call it a baseless statement? HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE GAME PLAY. It's completely identical to Brawl, lol. Look at the videos released, can you honestly say that is any different than Brawl? It has the same game physics down to a tee.

Right, but have you played the game? The engine might have been ripped from Brawl (or something of that sort, idk technical stuff) so that they could have gameplay just to appease people. Aint nothin final.

The hype for Brawl was enormous. I did the same thing for Brawl, not making the same mistake again :(

I loved Brawl, so I shall continue my trend :)

nessokman

Smash Lord
Opinionated statements-

The graphics already look out dated for a game coming out in 2014

(it looks almost exactly like Brawl)

this game is going to be another Brawl.

Walking, dashing, jumping, look EXACTLY like Brawl.

The game looks like they copy & pasted Brawl and added some new characters

an inferior game with inferior and watered down mechanics

Realistic person. The game is a Brawl copy & paste.

game is a Brawl copy & paste

I didn't (or anyone with common sense for that matter) need to give Brawl a chance to know it was complete and utter garbage compared to Melee

SSB4 is a Brawl copy & paste, it's as simple as that

A bad new Smash Bros. That's not good

Calling Melee better than Brawl regarding skill & competitive depth isn't troll bait. It's an empirical fact.

SSB4 is nearly identical to Brawl

The game play is pretty much completely identical to Brawl.

Enjoy your games competitive community completely dying out in 1-2 years because it's a Brawl clone.

A game that is following in the footsteps of Brawl

Brawl (the worse Smash game in the franchise and the worse competitive game out of the three)

SSB4 mechanics and game play are identical to Brawl: Fact.

Bad change is not good.

Unfortunately, playing Brawl competitively when it's a step back in the evolutionary tree is impossible when you're accustomed to superior mechanics, skill intensive, and deeper game play.

Brawl was bad

If SSB4 is going to be identical to Brawl (the game play from videos currently available show SSB4 is completely identical), it's also going to be bad

If SSB4 is like Brawl, it's not going to be very good for the Smash community as a whole.

It's completely identical to Brawl
Thats most of your biased statements. I think this argument is over, you are forcing your opinion on us

I do admit the Brawl community pales to the Melee but I still consider a fairly strong community despite.

Do we know that for sure? Has anyone sat down and played it to test to see? Yes, I call merely watching videos and saying it is identical to Brawl as a baseless statement. I for one will wait till the release date to make a decision.

Mr. C, I see where you are coming from. It does have some similarities but I think you are being to harsh in your analysis. We won't know until we can see the finished product. So why caste stones now? Give it some time. It was just announced and you lambast it from the start. We don't know exactly how the gameplay will change in the end. Could be worse or could improve. But that's the fun of the hype.

And, IMO, I'd rather them continue this franchise than to just let it die.
THIS person knows what they are talkin' about

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Who lets these people out of their cages? :confused:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Brawls community isn't very strong. The mere fact that Melee tournament streams average 400-800%+ more viewers than Brawl tournaments (200-300 viewers) is testament to the fact that hardly anyone wants to play or watch Brawl. That's pretty sad to be honest. If SSB4 is like Brawl, it's not going to be very good for the Smash community as a whole.

Even if most of the physics are the same, the new characters, the changes made to veterans, and the stages, will make a difference. And like many others said, the physics may get changed for it's release. Whether or not the physics change, those who look foward to the game don't want a hater going around acting like a know it all and saying that it's going to be a clone of Brawl. It might be, but a lot of people liked Brawl just as you like Melee, so please, if you aren't even going to give SSB4 a chance, then go to the Melee discussion section, stay there, and forget the 4th smash was made.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Even if most of the physics are the same, the new characters, the changes made to veterans, and the stages, will make a difference. And like many others said, the physics may get changed for it's release. Whether or not the physics change, those who look foward to the game don't want a hater going around acting like a know it all and saying that it's going to be a clone of Brawl. It might be, but a lot of people liked Brawl just as you like Melee, so please, if you aren't even going to give SSB4 a chance, then go to the Melee discussion section, stay there, and forget the 4th smash was made.
They will make a difference short term. The same way Brawl did, and now Brawl is practically dead. Physics changing are entirely possible, yes. I'm not basing my opinion on WHAT COULD BE. I'm basing my opinion on WHAT IS. The current game play footage available shows a game that is almost entirely a Brawl clone. I just want the competitive Smash community to thrive so I'm a little passionate. Games like Brawl and potentially SSB4 are making it very hard for that to happen.

peeup

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm gonna start basing my opinion on WHAT IS rather than WHAT COULD BE.

I am never going to die.

Foolproof.

On a more serious note, I think character balance is going to be a hell of a lot better this time around. Personally, I place a heavy competitive emphasis on the number of characters that are tournament-viable, so this is a big big plus for me.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Brawl's E 4 All demo was a lot different than actual Brawl gameplay.

That being said, enjoy your dying game, you whiny ******. I'll be playing the fun shiny new Smash in a year.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Brawl's E 4 All demo was a lot different than actual Brawl gameplay.

That being said, enjoy your dying game, you whiny ****er. I'll be playing the fun shiny new Smash in a year.
That dying game has a larger competitive community that your current new game and nothing is going to change if SSB4 is similar to Brawl.

Alright, I'm gonna start basing my opinion on WHAT IS rather than WHAT COULD BE.

I am never going to die.

Foolproof.

On a more serious note, I think character balance is going to be a hell of a lot better this time around. Personally, I place a heavy competitive emphasis on the number of characters that are tournament-viable, so this is a big big plus for me.
That makes no sense lol...

Character balance will be just as atrocious as Brawl if a form of aerial canceling isn't added. Characters with laggy aerials = bad, characters with aerials that do not lag = top tier. Current footage shows aerial lag working how it did in Brawl.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Complain.

Moan.

Whine.

Its terrible because I can't abuse glitches anymore.

I haven't played it yet but I know its terrible.

I am cool yet?

peeup

Smash Lord
That makes no sense lol...
I suppose I wasn't clear enough. Allow me to judge my life based on WHAT IS rather than WHAT COULD BE.

I am alive right now. Therefore nothing could ever change that, because that is WHAT IS. It doesn't matter WHAT COULD BE because that is stupid and I don't like change. Ergo, I will never die, because I have not died yet.

Genius.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I know this is pointless, but nevertheless...

Smash is not designed to be competitive. In fact it's specifically designed to be accessible. The "competitive" side is all just built by consumers imposing their insane rules and restrictions onto it. In Melee's case it was built by discovering and exploiting things that were never intended by developers to be part of gameplay (eg. WaveDash). People who want to play competitively will find things to make it work. But if you're seriously expecting developers to deliberately include glitches and mistakes to replicate Melee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom