• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Limited Edition?

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think about the possibility of a SSB4 Collectors/Limited edition on release? What would yall like for it to come with?
Price range?

I always love collecting limited editions of certain games that I am a fan of, and I would love if the game came with a few extras.

Soundtracks!
Posters!
...Statues that you cant really put anywhere when you get it home!
oooh the possibilities!

For some reason I can see Nintendo giving sticker sheets with the game.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd buy it, no doubt about it. What they did with The Last Story (in Europe and Japan) is what I'd like. A soundtrack, an artbook, and a BEAUTIFUL steelbook case. Those things are sexy.

A trophy/figurine thing would be pretty cool, but is asking for a bit much with everything above. :laugh:

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
The way that smash soundtracks have been, a soundtrack would be so great.
The wii hasnt done too many LEs from what I remember, but from the various JRPGs/Fighting games that ive bought the LEs for, soundtracks and artbooks are a favorite of mine.

If anyone actually bought the brawl strategy guide, there is some awesome art on the inside covers on both sides.

Imagine a book of all that! mmmmmm..

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Smash 4 should have the soundtracks from all 4 smashes with a nice fancy case and you got yourself a deal!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But yeah, the only thing I would like is a poster (or two!) to come with a game, some art, and a soundtrack. I like what I got when I pre-ordered Skyward Sword, except with the whole Smash WiiU/3DS soundtrack... which would be a lot of songs! :laugh: Maybe it could just come with a order # for an online free download of a soundtrack.

For a "limited edition," you could have all of that, plus maybe a collector's action figure or some cool smash bros. shirt; like "The greatest all-star battle!" (with a picture of the starting cast plus all the pre-release revealed 3rd party characters) "Smashing" (same thing), "Smash Bros? Smash Bros? SMASH BROS" (with a picture of the cast staring at a fallen Snake), "Real men use items" (with a picture of Peach owning her foes with items), "I fight for my friends" (with a picture of Ike owning everyone while his teammates chill), "You'll get no sympathy from me" (with a picture of Ike running towards a foe and Luigi running away), "The Knee" (with a picture of 3 electric knees landing), "It was worth it" (with a picture of a failed kamikaze attack), "I pop balloons" (with a picture of various characters fighting to pop balloons) "Falcon Punch" (with a picture of Captain Falcon punching 3 foes with one punch epicly!), "That Ain't Falco," (with a picture of anything from a recreated version of Wombo Combo) "LANDMASTAH" (with a picture of Fox summoning a Landmaster), or "Samus took her clothes off!" (with a picture of Samus getting out of her Power Suit). :rotfl:

Really, most fighting game guides suck. The only good thing they do is list the damage every move does, and the Brawl guide I got didn't even do that! My Brawl strategy guide I bought came with a poster of the Brawl starters. Btw, that guide lists Meta Knight as an average character, and Bowser as high tier! :laugh:

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
I think they gave mk a 5 or 6 out of 10. Yeah the guide was pretty damn bad, but I wish nintendo had some more of that art from the inside covers.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I bought that guide too, it told me Olimar was no good.

Pffffffffffffffffffft

But yeah, a shirt, although sounds ridiculously unlikely, would be really cool to own, I'd wear it everytime I play to get my Smash spirit up! :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd actually really like for a limited edition version with some cool extras.

Maybe it can come with a pamphlet of "Smash Tips" from Sakurai. xD

But I'd really enjoy a soundtrack and art, and maybe a collectible figurine if you pre-order, a la Pokemon.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Opposum
We already get cool "Smash Tips" from Sakurai on the Dojo. *points at the Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl Dojo content*

@ Holder
You know what shirt I would want=??? A silhouette of Captain Falcon kneeing someone with the phrase "YES KNEE CAN!" :rotfl:

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
Lol imagine a large book explaining how crazy sakurai is, and a lengthy detailed explanation to tripping.

Hell a written apology coming boxed in the game!

Get it done nintendo.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
a soundtrack, an artbook, and maybe a couple of kickin' posters would be outstanding. i would sincerely pay whatever the price ended up being for something like this.

"but the actual Wii-U itself cost less than this. are you sure you want to-"
"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

finalark

SNORLAX
I got the MK collector's edition and I gotta say I still use the bookends it came with to hold my PS3 games.

Honestly, I'd be happy with a steelbook, art book and sound track for around ~$80.

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
SC5s collectors edition was boss, and the BB calamity trigger was great as well.

I actually realized that there with almost definitely be a SSB4 3DS special edition.

hot

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
for me, it should be:
-Soundtrack (doesn't need to be the ENTIRE soundtrack, at least the best remixed/rearranged songs, and the songs made specifically for SSB4)
-Posters
-Sticker sheets
-A trophy of Master Hand, or with some playable characters
-Free download of N64's Smash Bros at the VC

a art book with conceptual art would be amazing, and even a shirt, but it would be waaaaaaay too much, my initial idea is already way too much lol

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I would also definitely buy it considering it's Smash. But I really hope they would put a lot of nice extra stuff into the package.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'd prefer a bundle deal that came with one of them Pro controllers.
Could you imagine how sick a custom made smash bros. controller would look?
I'd imagine it being all black with a Red smash bros insignia in top-center.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'd prefer a bundle deal that came with one of them Pro controllers.
Could you imagine how sick a custom made smash bros. controller would look?
I'd imagine it being all black with a Red smash bros insignia in top-center.
I don't know how much I really will like the pro controller for Sm4sh but regardless, I would love to see a custom Smash looking controller. That would definitely be a great item for a bundle.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know how much I really will like the pro controller for Sm4sh but regardless, I would love to see a custom Smash looking controller. That would definitely be a great item for a bundle.
Oh, if they ended up making a custom controller then I'd be set. :awesome:

But somehow I doubt it...

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
A Pro controller bundle does seem rather possible, and seeing as how they had the Zelda Wiimote + thing bundled with Skyward Sword, a smash design does not seem too farfetched.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
A Pro controller bundle does seem rather possible, and seeing as how they had the Zelda Wiimote + thing bundled with Skyward Sword, a smash design does not seem too farfetched.
Well, I think the main reason they bundled the wii mote with skyward sword was so everyone who pre ordered skyward sword would be guaranteed WIi motion plus since it was required to play. While with SM4sh you have multiple controlers to choose from but it's still possible.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Store exclusive characters

Gamestop gets Ridley
Best Buy gets K. Rool
Amazon gets Geno

XBOX 360 version get's Master Chief

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It is a joke.

I would definitely order a copy off of Amazon if that was the case, though.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Good thing there's a Gamestop by me if that actually happens.

The only thing I think I'd 100% want in a Special Edition Smash Bros would be a soundtrack. Anything else would be extra goodness.

umegames

Smash Cadet
Well, i would for sure buy one, but i can't imagine anything substantial that i'd want. Poster and cards dont do anything for me, and soundtracks are easily accessiable.
Maybe something like :

behind the scenes footage of 3ds/wiiu development
history of smash
some kind of mini animated smash movie that prolouge whatever story is in smash 4 (15-30 mins)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh yeah. Behind the scenes stuff would be nifty. I want to see the development process behind a character.

:phone:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I personally would love to see a collectors edition of the new Smash Bros it's something the Nintendo doesn't do and I really think they should. We get something special every now and again from Nintendo. Skyward Sword we got the gold wii mote+ and the soundtrack and that was cool but prior to that? Metroid other M came with a small art book. And that really all I can think of Metroid Trilogy came in the cool steel dvd case and had some art too. And before those I can't even think of anything. There's been the gold cartridges for Zelda but that was back on the 64 so. My point being they don't do it often enough and they really should Nintendo has some of the most passionate and loyal fans out there so I think Nintendo should be proud to provide their fans with the opportunity to get something special if they're willing to pay the extra money for it lol. I don't see how they can not do it the fans get something extra and Nintendo gets more money it's win win lol.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What about a book or a comic book explaining the story behind and before the story mode?
Not a comic book of the storymode itself because 1) It would be a spoiler 2) I want the story mode giving me the chance to choose my path along the plot, and play it again, and again, following different paths.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Store exclusive character's

Bookends.

sound track.

Art work.

Most games do have Store exclusive character's.

I love geting Limited Edition's so if there was a ssb4 i would be the first to pre-order it.:D

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
NEVER suggest store exclusive characters. Whoever thought of such an awful idea as that in the first place deserves whatever sort of backlash they recieve.

Maybe I'm just mad because I've never actually seen a Gamestop or Best Buy in real life.
I'm just glad there's a Wal-Mart in my town.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
NEVER suggest store exclusive characters. Whoever thought of such an awful idea as that in the first place deserves whatever sort of backlash they recieve.

Maybe I'm just mad because I've never actually seen a Gamestop or Best Buy in real life.
I'm just glad there's a Wal-Mart in my town.
This x1000, You can have store exclusive DLC vouchers for stuff like costumes or trophies, NOT characters.

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
I really hate the idea of store specific content. I cant really recall nintendo doing this with their software, but I sure hope they dont start with SSB4. Stickers are as far as I want to go with store specific goodies.

Neverseenawalmartinhislife.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Things similar to non-specific action figure, obviously.

Top Bottom