• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Okay, I can understand ice climbers, and while transformations were indeed part of hardware limitations, I like them being separate more, and I don't see it as a flaw of any kind. Most people that played as Sheik didn't even use Zelda anyways, and vice versa
One could argue that pokemon trainer and any potential for masked link could be included as transformations.

Ragemos

Smash Rookie
-No intro
-Bland character select screen
-Ice Climbers cut D:
-Only 2 songs to select for each stage, but in Smash Run you can set which songs you want to play each time you play at random
-Not many new stages
Edit: How the hell did I forget to mention the bad lag I get when I play FG, I'm seeing alot of Japanese names, idk if they really are in Japan or just people who have a Japanese 3ds, but man are they bad...

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Only a few
-Hitstun is good as is, I can follow up into knees of justice in true combos, but I still wish it were ever so slightly higher
-They really need to add a method of adding friends with randoms you meet online
-Pretty spotty input lag in matches for a fighting game. Sometimes its great, usually its average, sometimes its horrid though
-1 on 1 only takes place on flat stages

Keetron

Smash Rookie
I really don't like Smash Run, it feels terribly bare to me. The online could definitely use some work in the lag department and I feel like the wrong stages returned

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
I really don't understand the hate for Dark Pit, Lucina, and the good doctor. They didn't take anyone's "character spot" and are doing no harm being there, why get so upset about it. If anything it just gives us more characters to fool around with and different play styles to test.

As for the game itself I feel the 3DS controls...really stiff. I have a lot of trouble pulling off certain tasks. Sometimes i'll do a tilt instead of a smash, or i'll walk instead of dash, it's honestly kind of annoying. I just don't really feel too comfortable with the 3DS. It'll be much better once I have a c-stick.

Other than that online sucks for me, then again I have crap for internet so I really can't complain, I know it's my fault.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So Sakurai talked about the clones in a recent interview.
His thoughts echo mine.

"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped."

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
This is a minor complaint, but. Has anyone else noticed a few errors here and there within the game's text? There's the mixing up of "their" and "they're" in the manual's description of Lucario's Force Palm, and Snivy's Trophy bio mispells "Onix" as "Onyx". It's actually rather odd that these kinds of errors could make it into such a high-profile game.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Disappointed that my shaky rage hands end up shaking the screen too. Last night was not a good night for me...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
My top disappointments:
- Dark Pit existing/not being an alternate skin for Pit
- Dr. Mario returning/not being an alternate skin for Mario
- Lucina not being an alternate skin for Marth
- Wolf being removed
- Ice Climbers being removed
- No Chrom
- No Krystal
- Fox's voice makes me cry
- Fox and Falco seemingly being nerfed
- Final Smashes are too similar to each other

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really don't like Smash Run, it feels terribly bare to me. The online could definitely use some work in the lag department and I feel like the wrong stages returned
This.
While returning stages isn't an issue in and of itself, the fact they brought back Mushroomy Kingdom and Corneria doesn't sit well with me.

Mobius_

Smash Cadet
Just the controls, I'm content with everything else.
3DS's slide pad is absolutely horrid for Smash Bros and I just can't get used to it. I'd literally rather play Brawl with a wiimote than Smash4 on 3DS

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai talked about the clones in a recent interview.
His thoughts echo mine.

"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped."
The irony is that we got three more meat dishes (Dark Pit, Lucina, Dr. Not House) instead of three desserts.
Seriously, Sakurai needs to fire his PR staff. It's not helping. At all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The lack of a Special Mode for one. It always gave an interesting twist to Smash, and it's sad to see it gone.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
My top disappointments:
- Dark Pit existing/not being an alternate skin for Pit
- Dr. Mario returning/not being an alternate skin for Mario
- Lucina not being an alternate skin for Marth
- Wolf being removed
- Ice Climbers being removed
- No Chrom
- No Krystal
- Fox's voice makes me cry
- Fox and Falco seemingly being nerfed
- Final Smashes are too similar to each other
The only reason I don't want to punch you in the face right now is that you also hate Dr Mario and Lucine. I hate people that hate on Dark Pit and not the other clones.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I really don't understand the hate for Dark Pit, Lucina, and the good doctor. They didn't take anyone's "character spot" and are doing no harm being there, why get so upset about it. If anything it just gives us more characters to fool around with and different play styles to test.
Speaking personally, I dislike Dark Pit and Dr. Mario (even though I used him in Melee) because visually, they're literally just Mario in doctor clothes and Pit painted black. I think there were other clone choices that could have at least looked more distinct, similar to Melee's Roy/Ganondorf/Pichu/Falco, such as Raichu, Alph, Impa, Dixie, Paula or whatever. Though I'm far more upset about the Miis, even if it does let me see the odd image of myself getting murdered by Mario or whoever.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Just the controls, I'm content with everything else.
3DS's slide pad is absolutely horrid for Smash Bros and I just can't get used to it. I'd literally rather play Brawl with a wiimote than Smash4 on 3DS
It's not that bad. I find it better than the Wii Mote.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The only reason I don't want to punch you in the face right now is that you also hate Dr Mario and Lucine. I hate people that hate on Dark Pit and not the other clones.
...Thank-you? Ha, I understand though. I can't stand clones, as they are all just wasted potential. Falco is really the only clone I don't directly hate, but I hate how he also isn't entirely unique either. Same goes for Ganondorf, too. If only they'd look online.. maybe they'd be inspired by what they can actually do with these characters. The ideas a lot of the people have here and on other sites are truly brilliant.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
I don't know what lag people are talking about. I can play 4 way smash with all kinds of people and have flawless connections.

My only beef is how good rolls are and lil macs ko punch. I play lil Mac and even still it is kind of insane especially since now we know we can combo into it. It does too much damage and the % it KO's at is stupid low.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
...Thank-you? Ha, I understand though. I can't stand clones, as they are all just wasted potential. Falco is really the only clone I don't directly hate, but I hate how he also isn't entirely unique either. Same goes for Ganondorf, too. If only they'd look online.. maybe they'd be inspired by what they can actually do with these characters. The ideas a lot of the people have here and on other sites are truly brilliant.
Lol, I love that the characters are in at least. Although you're right about them being wasted potential.

tyronimacaroni

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uri500
3DS FC
3566-1635-8208
The lack of a Special Mode for one. It always gave an interesting twist to Smash, and it's sad to see it gone.
Strangely, though, the Announcer has a voice clip for "Special Smash" if you look in the Sound Test... check Announcer > Clip 83.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
My only beef is how good rolls are and lil macs ko punch. I play lil Mac and even still it is kind of insane especially since now we know we can combo into it. It does too much damage and the % it KO's at is stupid low.
Jigglypuff is also insane in Melee with her Rest combos and no one cares. Luigi had those cheap combos that stringed to Up-B sweespot and no one cares. It is curious that both of this characters can't kill like they could do yet Little Mac can.

PCHU

Smash Lord
- hitboxes now have very questionable range and priority is all over the place
--- DK's fsmash gets beat by Sonic's spindash...why?
- grab range has been nerfed significantly
- grab utility is generally limited to, oddly enough, characters with already decent range, speed, and KO power
--- KO power distribution is pathetic and killing with some characters is more of a chore than it was in Brawl
- no more stage spikes
- characters still have way too much landing lag (Shulk's fair is nearly lagless while Metaknight's fair/tornado/everything lasts for a good second)
- zoning game is worse than Brawl's due to the inability to airdodge into the ground

I wanted to like it and I've tried to play it like what it looked to be, but it just isn't at all what I expected and it kinda hurts to see everything turn out like this.
A lot of characters I enjoy did get minor buffs, but it's not nearly enough to keep up with a decent ZSS/Yoshi/Sheik/Lucina without making some unnecessarily hard reads, and even then, KOing is another story.
I'd feel more comfortable about all this if I weren't speaking from experience, but I still can't believe some of the choices they made.
I love Smash, but unless the Wii U version brings something new to the table or there's at least hope for a balance patch, I can't say I'm fully satisfied with this.

[OCK]LLama

Smash Cadet
There's no intro to the game this time

The main menu layout is ergonomically displeasing to navigate

Some really ridiculous stages, good thing for the Ω feature

Wasted slots on Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, Toon Link, Robin... they're all useless clones or possible alternate forms

No online for Smash Run, and the online lag is immensely annoying when you're trying to play a casual match

There's no option to change the menu music, at least not permanently

Those are my biggest and all important complains, other than that it just plays weird compared to the vastly superior Melee which has edge grabs, chain grabs, dash dancing and wavedashing, not to mention to all important L-Cancel
No offense but how in the hell are ZSS and Robin clones? They are some of the most originally designed chars in the game that I've seen :/

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
My only problem with the clones is that custom moves and equipment give them potential to play differently, but you can't use that online. Assault Dash should've been Lucina's default Special anyways.

Also, this is really weird, but CPUs starting the match with items has happened to me a few times, and it just seems kind of dumb.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
There's no intro to the game this time

The main menu layout is ergonomically displeasing to navigate

Some really ridiculous stages, good thing for the Ω feature

Wasted slots on Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, Toon Link, Robin... they're all useless clones or possible alternate forms

No online for Smash Run, and the online lag is immensely annoying when you're trying to play a casual match

There's no option to change the menu music, at least not permanently

Those are my biggest and all important complains, other than that it just plays weird compared to the vastly superior Melee which has edge grabs, chain grabs, dash dancing and wavedashing, not to mention to all important L-Cancel
-Don't come at me with the "slots." All the characters where decided in day 1 so stop saying that. Robin is a clone of who I ask? Zero is a clone of who? I agree that Dark Pit is a waste of time.
-Press R on the title screen to change the song. Done.
-You are a Melee nazi right? If you love your precious Melee so much then don't play this game. Don't get me wrong, I like Melee, but if you are going to say this game sucks because it doesn't have your precious glitches and cheap tactics from Melee, then don't play smash 4.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Duck Hunt doesn't have the classic "giggle sound" when he taunts. I was looking forward to spamming some giggles.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Like I said before I don't have a problem with clones since again with Dr.Mario and Dark Pit they were last minute additions in the roster. It just gets annoying when people constantly say Wolf and Lucas would've been better BUT As Sakurai said he makes a NEW model from scratch for every character and he doesn't have the time to make Wolf and Lucas from scratch inless he were to delay the game.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
My biggest disappointment has got to be that you can't enter the doors on the dreamland stage. Something so should've happened.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The fact that you have to start All-Star mode form the beginning if you die is stupid, and all it's for is a recolor trophy and not a Final Smash trophy.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Hasn't All-Star always been one stock? And yeah, the lack of a FS trophy for everyone is a huge bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom