• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You can't punish them grabbing ledge, you can't hold ledge to stuff their recovery.... what's the point of even having grabbable ledges in smash anymore? The ledge just seems like a useless feature in smash 4. Maybe it's good for some characters who have good edge getup attacks or something. That's about all I've seen so far.
Er... How are ledges useless since they're just aides for recovery since the first SSB?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Ooohh! My profile pic is a picture of Princess Daisy I found on Zerochan. I was gonna go with her more traditional portrayal in the orange/yellow dress but I liked this one a lot better. Daisy is always my main girl in the Olympic/Mario Kart/Mario Party games.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ooohh! My profile pic is a picture of Princess Daisy I found on Zerochan. I was gonna go with her more traditional portrayal in the orange/yellow dress but I liked this one a lot better. Daisy is always my main girl in the Olympic/Mario Kart/Mario Party games.
School girl Daisy, Rosy, and Peach are the best so, we don't mind. Embarrass

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Issac is neither playable nor Assist Trophy. Did they just get rid of Golden Sun representation alltogether? And yet freaking Starfy still exists?! Whats up with that?

cutelittleoshawott

Smash Cadet
I like this pic of Daisy. Makes her look like a bada**.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
-Dark Pit

-Dark Pit

-Dark Pit

-Uh... What else am I dissapointed in? Oh yeah, Dark Pit being Kid Icarus' third character when the freaking fanchise only has three freaking games, and the small amount of people who DID play Uprising has never even PLAYED Kid Icarus and/or Of Myth and Monsters yet for some reason that I may never graps MOTHER ****ING DARK PIT IS IN THIS ****ING GAME AS HIS OWN CHARACTER FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY WHY!?!?!?!?!??! WHY SAKURAI!?

-Kid Icarus has more reps then Metriod, Star Fox, F-Zero, Donkey Kong and is on equal footing with Kirby.

-Doc Mario returns but not the Melee vet everyone wanted, Mewtwo? Da fuq?

-Time was taking to clone Pit to give us Pittoo instead of cloning Diddy to make Dixie or Samus to make Dark Samus or Captain Falcon to make Black Shadow or something.

-Gananondorf is still Falcondorf...

-CSS looks amaturish and there is a freaking eyesore in the bottom right corner for clones.

-Lucina literally makes me sad because she has exactly the same EVERYTHING as Marth except her sword power. One character is going to become obsolete competitively it seems. Pit/Pittoo and Mario/Doc maybe in the same boat.

-Darl Pit is a characters.

-No new LoZ character but 2 new Mario characters.

-No new characters for Metroid or Donkey Kong.

-My lord, I LOATHE Dark Pit and I really liked KI: U but man do I despise his inclusion...

-Everyone live forever in this game. Except Little Mac. I was so hyped for him be he seem like trash right now. I hope he gets better as people get better.

-Music is just not as good as Brawl

-Stages aren't that great.

-No Battle Field stage versions. Nintendo didn't listen. :/

-No My Music. Smash Run isn't online. Classic Mode is short.

- Dark Pit is a character

-No Isaac. Anywhere. What the hell, man?

-Gawd Pac Man's Final Smash is awful. Can it even kill?

-Dark Pit doesn't even have the decency to clone his own ****ing base and copies Sheik/Zelda's Final Smash

-Link has a SS palete swap instead of a full alt costume but Little Mac can get everything from Wire Frame, Hoody, Wire Frame with hoody, Pikachu can get hats, so can Puff? No Dry Bowser? But all the Koopaling Alts were possible?

-Dark Pit is a character....

-Classic Mode is short as hell.

I seriously think a small team focused on the 3DS version why the main force worked on the Wii U version because the 3DS version almost feels like Brawl Lite. Seriously, Smash is a huge revenue generating franchise so it's not like Nintendo wouldn't give Sakurai as much as he would of asked for AND they had Namco helping so where else did all that money and development prowess go to if not the Wii U version?

It sure as hell wasn't going toward making Dark Pit appealing....

Judgeth_Dredd

Smash Rookie
I've expressed my opinion already, but I have 2 more issues:

Lack of circle pad pro support.

Yellow Devil
This character alone ruins what could have been a great competitive stage? Why the hell can't we turn him off Sakurai? Terrible decision on his part.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I've expressed my opinion already, but I have 2 more issues:

Lack of circle pad pro support.

Yellow Devil
This character alone ruins what could have been a great competitive stage? Why the hell can't we turn him off Sakurai? Terrible decision on his part.
Can't you Final Des Mode that stage and not have him show up?

3DSplayer

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
The main thing I'm disappointed about for the 3DS version is that there is no Stage Builder, but hopefully that could return for the WiiU version. Other than that, I don't see other things I'm majorly upset by, probably because I can't read/understand Japanese.

CaSTEELO

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaSTEELO
3DS FC
0963-0535-1293
-Blast zones too big (this + stale move negation = takes forever to kill)
-Lack of tournament viable stages
-No shield stun
-New ledge stealing mechanic (Eh, I'm sort of iffy on this)

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
-Blast zones too big (this + stale move negation = takes forever to kill)
-Lack of tournament viable stages
well thats just going to be part of the 3ds we all knew the wii u will be more compettive (but i agree with the rest of it)

Last edited:

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
-No snake
-Too much cinematic final smashes (I didn't like C.falcon's Final smash because stops the pace of the fight)

I think I'm just going to disable final smashes

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
do i even have to mention dark pit and doc Mario really over choices like Hades or mewtwo
and in genral way to many good choices were put in pokeballs bosses and assist trophys for example lucario charizard both should have left and we should have gotten two cool new reps like meowth and zorrork (or mewtwo) or games with olny on rep like metroid or warioware could have gotten ridley and ashley but we got f@^#*ing dark pit (sorry if i sound pissed i just cant stand clones getting in over good choieses)

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
I have exactly 100 gripes with this:

- Ledge game = gone
- IC's cut (THIS IS WRONG! I DIDN'T EVEN MAIN THEM AND THIS IS WRONG!)
- Lucas and Wolf cut despite being the most different clones
- Ganon is still Captain Falcon's slow ******** understudy
- No Mewtwo or Ridley
- Blast Zones
- The true Project Recovery
- Gameplay still looks slow
- No advanced mechanics
- Poor color swaps for some characters (not all)
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit

Oh and a bonus one:

....... DARK PIT!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

- Ledge game = gone
- No Mewtwo or Ridley
- Blast Zones
- No advanced mechanics
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit

Oh and a bonus one:

....... DARK PIT!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! "Captain Falcon's slow ******** understudy". HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can imagine it now:

Ganondorf: *drooling* Duh... how do I walk, Corporal Falcin.
Captain Falcon: ... You move your left- Wait. Did you just call me "Corporal Falcin"?
Ganondork: *blank stare* Yes, Colonel Falco.
Capt. Falcon: Er... Right... Move your left leg then your right and repeat.
Ganondoofus: *falls* Uhh... Cancer Focus, I fall and it hurt.
Capt.: *shaking head* Dear god, what the hell has Sakurai given me?

Last edited:

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
~The fact that I'm not playing it right now. Nintendo could manage a worldwide release with Pokemon, so this is a disappointment for me. Probably the biggest. But, it is pretty standard.
~The clones aren't a bad thing at all. They are not a waste of development time, they are a result of extra time. They are bonus content, and I like them. But Dark Pit is too similar. This may only be due to our lack of knowledge about both Pit and his clone, but the lack of obvious differences is jarring.
~Music restrictions. 2 songs per stage? This would be enough if they hadn't recycled so much Brawl music. Why does the Fire Emblem from Melee and the final boss music ripped straight Awakening play on Arena Ferox? Why not the song that actually plays there? Why not a redone track, like the many they did for the many Mario stages? No redone tracks from Xenoblade is annoying, but they are good enough tracks to stand on their own.
~The stage list is all over the place. The new to old stages ratio is too even. No new Yoshi or Metroid stage, but The Mario series has what, 5?! At least there seem to be enough legal stages to get by, if you get generous.
~Blast zones in general seem too big. This may not be that big an issue, as we haven't really sunk our teeth into the gameplay yet, but it's a bit disappointing.
~Costumes are a mixed bag. On one hand, characters like Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucina, and Rosalina have great costumes. On the other, Wario and Olimar/Alph got screwed with 4 colors for each costume, while Little Mac gets 16. It's these inconsistencies that disappointed me most overall.

Don't get me wrong, overall I love this game! The roster is great, despite losing some guys (RIP in peace Ice Climbers). I never thought I would get Robin, Shulk and Palutena! The demo is super fun, but I crave more. Gimme the game, Sakurai! I NEED IT!

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
I was very salty a couple days ago, but now I'm fine. I think the game looks like a lot of fun.

My gripes are only personal gripes that a lot of people don't care about. Basically just the fact that I think shiek should be selectable from zelda, dr mario from mario, zero suit samus from samus and dark pit from pit, to give room for actual different characters.

I understand "They have different movesets kinda blah" but I think if a character is the same person it should be on the same slot and not take up another slot.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
My qualms with the game are rather minor, and several will be addressed by the Wii U version, but I do have a couple quibbles.

1. Several series received no new stages, notably including Metroid, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Pikmin, and Sonic. While not necessarily at fault for this, Pokemon and Zelda each received two new stages, while the umbrella Mario series got 4 new stages and a returning stage.

2. Multiple series without new stages/characters also received 0 new music.

3. No new arrangements of Fire Emblem or Xenoblade music, despite both having a new stage. The original music from those series is pretty amazing, but I feel they could have come up with some new way to arrange a song or two. Heck, there was a guitar version of Gaur Plains in the Shulk trailer. Why isn't that in the 3DS game?

4. Lack of Mii Fighters and custom moves in any random online play. This heavily discourages the use of customization, despite the fact that customization is the largest (and most amazing) new feature of the game. Yes, it might not be as well-balanced as default movesets, but the option for custom matches should at least be available.

5. No Target Test, which has always been my favorite SSB minigame.

Last edited:

tatsurou

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2809-8582-1760
No stock option online (time only) has to be the most disappointing feature.

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
Seriously? No stock options?... That's disappointing....

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Minors:
Selection screen is somewhat lame
No option for displaying damage percentages the first screen
Clones are literally 100% clones except Dr. Mario,
A bit too much retro stages
Kid Icarus doesn't need 3 characters... WHY ISNT DARK PIT AN ALT!!!???
Some final smashes are under powered
Majors:
Lucas, Wolf and ICs being cut (WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????)
Not much competitive stages ( Always FD is just kinda boring)
NO BANDANA DEE

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'm disappointed mainly in Sakurai's bias for his own games. Never has it seemed so evident that he was plainly trying to advertise his games. Don't believe me? I believe KI has more than 6 songs alone on the 3DS version, despite having one stage, many smash run enemies, more playable reps than DK and Metroid(Yea I really wanted Ridley and wouldn't have ever QUESTIONED Dixie), and I feel that Dark Pit was planned to be in at the beginning. The game looks faster than Brawl which is a plus, has combos, the new edge mechanic forces people to have to go out and be aggressive in both KOing or returning on stage, and the use of the 3DS as a controller for when the Wii U comes out makes sense. I'm HOPING there are some mega hidden chars like the MK8 Mercedez Benz DLC patch that are added into the game with some of BETTER choices; whether it be vets, or some newcomers.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

- Ledge game = gone
- No Mewtwo or Ridley
- Blast Zones
- No advanced mechanics
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit
- Dark Pit

Oh and a bonus one:

....... DARK PIT!
I know you're trying to be cute with your Dark Pit hate wall but its really ****ing obnoxious scrolling through it on phone.

Come on people, I get the hate but you've danced this dance long enough. Complaining about him isn't gonna make him go away. Plus it's pretty unoriginal now that every post is DP hate (yeah I see what I did there :troll:)
Can we just call this guy's post the collective hate for Dark Pit and just call it a day? It's gotten old now and it won't do ****!

DJ Dong

Smash Cadet
I've probably posted in here but I'll say this anyway:

BLAST ZONES

I absolutely love the game except for how you have to spend a large portion of the match smacking around someone who is 130+% with little to no hype at all.

There aren't any 0-death crap combos like melee and there isn't standing on opposite sides of the stage in fear of zoning brawl crap. But then it's just so hard to kill because the hard reads and epic plays people make such a roll reads, don't kill.

And no, don't tell me to go offstage. That doesn't always work and not only that but why should I risk my 0% stock when my opponent is 145%? Not to mention just the sheer and utter mundanity of smacking them around as your well aimed and perfectly spaced hits don't do ****.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
-Kid Icarus incursion

-ice climbers. I don't know what sakurai smoked and I don't care because there's no plausible reason why they're excluded

-the fact the game has been in development for like 3-4 years (it was announced 8 grade and I'm a senior now) and yet it doesn't feel complete. In fact many series lost representation and content with ice climber's, star fox, metroid, Pokemon, and donkey Kong being notable ones.

-no mewtwo

-no ridley

- Dr.Mario, but no mewtwo ( I love Dr.Mario, mind you)

- no wolf but other clones are okay. Seems legit.

- TOO MANY STARTER CHARACTERS AND TOO MANY VETERANS AS UNLOCKABLE. I WANT TO UNLOCK NEWCOMERS. NOT TO MENTION ONLY 11 SECRET CHARACTERS, WITH THE EASIEST UNLOCK CRITERIA IN THE SERIES.

- alternate costumes that are separate characters. Basically instead of bowser jr , we got koopa clown car as a character and pikmin and companion as another instead of pikmin and olimar

-still no shiny Pokemon colors, or dry bowser alt

- no ridley

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
I like the game for the most part, but my biggest disappointment comes from the blast zones. However, It should encourage me to improve my off-stage game, so that's a plus I guess.
I like the roster, with my only real problem being Dark Pit being an entirely separate character instead of just an alt-costume. I also don't like that characters like IC and Lucas were cut. Other than that, I like all the newcomers and the entire roster feels alright to me.
All my other disappointments come from stuff like no intro and 2 songs per stage, but they will (hopefully) be fixed in the Wii U version, and to be honest, the 3DS version to me is just filler until that version comes out.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
1. Costumes being given to only a handful of characters. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what we got, but there's still potential for so much more....

2. Clones existing instead of being a part of the character's costumes. With moveset customization and costumes being a thing, there's literally no reason for clones to continue being a thing, except in cases of severe hitbox disconnect, like with Link and Toon Link.

3. Lack of villains. The closest thing to a villain newcomer is Jr. Again, he's great, but he's not exactly K. Rool, Ridley, or Gannon.

4. Lack of heavyweights. Pretty self explanitory. Especially after new Bowser showed that heavies can be done right.

5. Too many normalish, humanoid fighters. There are far too many human shaped fighters in this iteteration of Smash Bros. Again, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with some human characters fighting, but they're starting to become over saturated. And having at least two clones of realistically proportioned humans does nothing to alleviate this.

6. Kid Icarus favoritism. KI:U was a great game. No denying that. But Sakurai has gone just a "Tiny" bit overboard in promoting it in this game. So many items, such preferential treatment to Palutena, such existence of Dark Pit as his own thing (that doesn't even do his own thing) At least last game Kirby newcomers were long overdue for the series.

7. DK and Metroid underrepresentation. I kinda understand why Metroid is getting the shaft. Other M sucked and Nintendo had been neglecting the franchise even before that, but why the crap is the DK series, with the wildly popular Returns games still getting zilch for new stuff? I am starting to think that Sakurai felt that he was already spoiling Western fans with Megaman and Little Mac, so he decided to just do his own thing after they got in..

I know this seems like a lot. But I am still excited for the games. I'm just not quite AS excited as I was before, when there still was hope for some of these issues to be fixed.

DJ Dong

Smash Cadet
-Kid Icarus incursion

-ice climbers. I don't know what sakurai smoked and I don't care because there's no plausible reason why they're excluded
The 3ds can't render 8 ice climbers at once. As an example of its limitations, Olimar/Alph's Pikmin are 2d figures.

d z

Smash Cadet
No online for smash run.

No interesting single player stadium modes.

I could go on and on about mechanical things that I dislike but I was expecting that, all could have been redeemed and smash 3ds may have been one of my all time favs if I had individualized break the targets I could play anywhere and everywhere. Also was super hyped at the idea of online version of city from Kirby's air ride but of course Nintendo pisses the bed when it comes to online capabilities once again...

Scarlet Bean

Smash Apprentice
Being promised a game that has a speed between brawl and melee's when, in reality, it's just brawl 2.0
smash is dead now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom