• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
where is Geno(my most important question)?
why :4lucina: did replaced :roypm:OUR BOY?
why :drmario: reutern instead of :mewtwopm:?
:popo: should never get cut
why :wolf:my 2nd main is gone?
why isaac is not in the game not even a TROPHY???
why :4peach:final smash is the same in SSBB?
why sakurai is trolling ridley fans?
why we cant play online with:4mii:?
where is stage builders?
why they changed :4kirby::4fox: voices it was better in SSBB?
why 3 pikmins for :4olimar:?
why no love for :lucas:?

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
- F**K DARK PIT. I forgive Doc and Lucina.
- Kid Icarus bias. F**K DARK PIT.
- No Ice Climbers.
- Bad stage selection. F**K Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Mushroomy Kingdom and WarioWare. I love Magicant and SNES F-Zero though.
- No Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, or Hyrule Castle.
- F**K MARIO STAGES.
- TOO MUCH MARIO CHARACTERS. F**K BOWSER JR.
- No online Smash Run.
- Wasted opportunity for Mewtwo.
- Easy unlocks. Even though it is forgivable.
- Grinding unlockables is obnoxious.
well yea mario has alot of reps. he IS the face of nintendo. if anything dr.mario was the push to far.

clone in general are a step to far

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I agree clones should never hold priority over newcomers, but in this case I can forgive them. They have to abide by the release date and they need something to sustain hype throughout the game's life. People will flip their s**t if they reveal Ridley as DLC.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
  • I'm disappointed by the cuts of Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf
  • The custom moves felt like a pointless thing to spend development time on
  • I would have liked to have seen Isaac playable.
  • The arbitrary philosophy of the two games having to have the same roster despite the 3DS version being unable to handle a character the Wii U is clearly able to is lame

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The topic in this thread is disappointments, if you're not posting disappointments then you're off topic and only stand to derail or flame users with disappointments by contrast. With that said I feel kid Icarus has too much representation in the form of characters, assist trophy, items, smash run enemies, etc. when longer lived franchises got side lined.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
3DS characters have no unique shadows. A technical limitation probably, but nonetheless disappointing.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Thank god, someone who agrees! I could care less about the cuts or the clones.
I agree also!

I never really cared for Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas etc. I kinda like the clones, not Lucina though, but I don't care that she's there - it doesn't make the game worse.

And come on, the newcomers are a lot better than the cuts, so I'm still incredibly pleased with the game.

Bortverde

Smash Cadet
-Too easy to unlock characters
-Lots of reused music
-No online for smash run
-The clones, mainly Dark Pit, the same moves as Pit and the final smash that should be the difference it's a copy of another character(Zelda and Sheik). Also, Wolf was more different to Fox than Falco was cut and him not
-Excluded modes(My Music, Events and Builder)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Why would you EVER think that bringing back Mushroomy Kingdom was a good idea?
Okay, I've seen a lot of complaints about Mushroomy Kingdom...other than it being yet another Mario scrolling stage, what was wrong with it?

Cottoneyes

Smash Rookie
I'll just name a few of mine.

-Yeah we know about the clones, but the problem with them is that they fell very rushed and shoehorned in compared to previous games. In Brawl at least they tried making Falco and Ganondorf different even if the latter ended up being a laughing stock.

-The reps themselves just seem to lean more towards what's "in now" compared to many older popular franchises even though this smash in general feels more like a giant callback to older gaming. DK, Star Fox, Earthbound, and Metriod got the worse of it.

-If you're going to give all the koopling skins to Bowser jr. why are their so many lack of alts for many other characters?

-The starting roster is pretty much the best roster, but when it comes to unlocking it feels a bit more disappointing. We don't get that joy of unlocking hyped up characters like the last game.

-I enjoy alot of in game music so the lack of some tracks just leave me wanting more.

I'll think of some others later.

jman1954goat

Smash Cadet
I don't have major problems with any of this stuff remember people the wii u version will have ploenty of extra stuff we don't even know about (probably a grand adventure mode)

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I don't have major problems with any of this stuff remember people the wii u version will have ploenty of extra stuff we don't even know about (probably a grand adventure mode)
Sakurai's been promoting the versions as equals... Why would the Wii U version get extra love? :/

Yarlick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1246-8724-8858
Cool! I can complain here!
- No Mewtwo, no Ice Climbers, no Lucas.
- Too much Mario, Too much Pokémon.
- Earthbound is under representated.
- I like Lucina, but damn! She is a clone of Marth.
- What are those stages....

Cpt.

Smash Lord
where is Geno(my most important question)?
why :4lucina: did replaced :roypm:OUR BOY?
why :drmario: reutern instead of :mewtwopm:?
:popo: should never get cut
why :wolf:my 2nd main is gone?
why isaac is not in the game not even a TROPHY???
why :4peach:final smash is the same in SSBB?
why sakurai is trolling ridley fans?
why we cant play online with:4mii:?
where is stage builders?
why they changed :4kirby::4fox: voices it was better in SSBB?
why 3 pikmins for :4olimar:?
why no love for :lucas:?
Sakurai "Hmm who don't I need from SSBB.... I know! Lucas! He's just a clone!...... Now what does Sm4sh really need in it to make it a good game? Hmm...... I know! 3 clones!"

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Since I've already said my gripes with SSB4 in general tons of times, I'll stick with SSB3D specifically.
  • I don't like the SNES Mute City stage. It's too new to fit with the retro stages, and it's too old for the aesthetic to not be jarring.
  • Smash Run being local-only is just baffling.
  • Why is Mushroomy Kingdom back? I can't think of a single person who missed it.
  • Why are there no past stages that weren't already in Brawl? Where's Great Bay? Saffron City?
  • I still don't like everything non-multiplayer being stuffed in the "Games & More" menu.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Overall, I'm happy with the game. Buuuuut...

1) Dark Pit.

2) Smash Run not being available for online play is ridiculous, and even borders on hilarious with its absurdity.

3) A lack of villainous characters in general. Would've loved some more anti-heroes.

4) Dark Pit.

5) "For Glory" mode only having flat, platformless stages kind of defeats the purpose of having a viable competitive playlist.

5) Zero Suit Samus's redesign.

6) Dark Pit.

7) The music selection, at least for the 3DS version, isn't all that great. Some of their choices for stages seem lame.

8) The ratio of recycled stages to new stages seems a little skewed.

9) No circle pad pro. Seriously, Nintendo. What the ****.

10) The over-exposure of Kid Icarus Uprising in general. Including, but not limited to, Dark Pit.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I'm actually surprised with all this talk of what alts didn't get in, nobody has mentioned the alts that did get in. While Alph is pretty cool and I don't see anyone not playing Alph as he looks way cooler than Olimar, some of the Villager's female alts look straight up UGLY. Some of them woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something. Also while I can see how some people feel Earthbound is highly under represented, not many of those games have come to the West, sadly. I'm not sure if it still does, but at one point Earthbound/Mother competed with FF in Japan, so they ought to be bringing those games across the pond as well. And God almighty, the stage selection is just crap. I'm sorry if you're a firm supporter of the return of all the Brawl stages, but to me that just feels lazy on the development team's part. I mean they have so many resources from Bandai Namco and Nintendo working on this but they don't add any stages from the plethora of great games on the 3DS, DS, GBA, or behind those. I mean not even a Mario and Luigi stage? Come on!

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Since I've already said my gripes with SSB4 in general tons of times, I'll stick with SSB3D specifically.
  • I don't like the SNES Mute City stage. It's too new to fit with the retro stages, and it's too old for the aesthetic to not be jarring.
  • Smash Run being local-only is just baffling.
  • Why is Mushroomy Kingdom back? I can't think of a single person who missed it.
  • Why are there no past stages that weren't already in Brawl? Where's Great Bay? Saffron City?
  • I still don't like everything non-multiplayer being stuffed in the "Games & More" menu.
God I miss Saffron City

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
No online Smash Run, and relatively little Air Ride music to play in Smash Run.

I'd say Lucas's being cut as well, but given all the other MOTHER content in the game, especially Magicant, that just seems ungrateful. Heck, I'd totally be fine with that stage being the only MOTHER stage jn the Wii U version too.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If Bulbasaur and Chespin had been added I can guarantee you someone would have been saying it was giving the finger to fans of Charizard and Greninja XD salt goes both ways, my friend. And frankly I think Charizard is more popular than Squirtle or Bulbasaur, so that makes sense. And Greninja would be much more of an interesting fighter than Chespin or Fennekin.
That's why I'd rather not have solo starters added at all.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
1. Dark Pit (blah blah blah he's his own character stop complaining blah blah blah)
2. Olimar, Wario, and Villager only get eight color swaps when Little Mac gets sixteen
3. The Metroid and DK and Star Fox stages are recycled from two games
4. It's not out in America yet
5. 4 is the only one that matters

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No event matches
No break the targets
No intro movie
No new Metroid songs
No new DK and Metroid stages
No Snake
No Ridley (or any heavy weight newcomer for that matter)
Dark Pit
Falco sucking big-time

I don't really consider these major dissapointments though, most of them are dissapointments over things that aren't in as opposed to things that are in, so the positives still far outweight the negatives.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, my only disappointment regarding Smash 3DS is the stage selection; however, there is the "Omega" mode. So I suppose that is negligible.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
No event matches, no break the targets, no intro movie, Dark Pit, no Ridley, and Falco sucking big-time are probably my only dissapointments, the positives far outweight the negatives though.
I think it's possible we could still get an intro movie and some cutscenes in the Wii U version. At the very least, they could implement the incredible CGI cutscenes they made for all the newcomer introductions into the game and call it a day. If they don't do that... well then it's just laziness innit?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think it's possible we could still get an intro movie and some cutscenes in the Wii U version. At the very least, they could implement the incredible CGI cutscenes they made for all the newcomer introductions into the game and call it a day. If they don't do that... well then it's just laziness innit?
Definitely think we're going to see a opening cutscene in the Wii U version too, but this is the thread for 3DS dissapointments, so it's still there. Of course it won't matter at all if the Wii U actually has a opening cutscene.

Solarman

Smash Cadet
Im really impressed with how the game is looking. I do have some issues such as:
1. Stage selection: The fact that some franchises are represented by old stages seems lazy. Also, the layout of stage select seems really sloppy. And I am a huge Mario fan (I have over 500 pieces of memorabilia fun fact) but still upset that we got 3 scrolling Mario stages. I think 3D Land, Paper Mario, and a Bowser stage would have worked better.
2. No online smash run: They really missed a chance to have online with customization. The final battles don't appear challenging because lets face it, most cpu`s don't power up or just suck. Online would have actually made this a challenge.
3. The blast zones and ledges: It just makes the game carry on for too long. Now, if we had the old ledge mechanics this would have not affected the game as much. But, with the new mechanics and the large blast zones, people can live for way too long.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Dark Pit

No circle pad pro

no online smash run. Otherwise, we're cool.

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
Braindead recovery (no sweet spotting, B up insta magnetizes to ledge)
Someone can grab ledge when someone already on it.
Dodging being Rediculously good and near impossible to punish now.
^(I've seen videos on VGbootcamp where he the guy jjust rolls everywhere to get around and doesn't get hit)
No chain grabs.
Weak DI
Brawl air dodge
Most combos are U-tilt spam
Ledgguarding in a whole feels lame.
Spacie changes (no short hop lazer, shine worthless)

All that being said I don't hate the game just doubt I'll play competitive. It runs smooth and its portable so thats fun...

ferioku

Smash Ace
Because Star Fox is unloved by Nintendo dont you know :(
Dude I just don't get Sakurai's logic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTGLvNutxws

Thats Wolf's theme! Why the F*** IS WOLF'S THEME IN THERE WHEN HES BEEN "CUT"! Sakurai logic!

I really wan't to main Wolf alongside Shulk, Megaman and Little mac... I want to have awesome battles between Falco and Fox!

Without Wolf in smash, I just feel as if Sakurai just wan'ts to annoy people. People say it's easy to make clones and all you have to do is port moves over from other characters.. So why is wolf not in the game? Wolf is definitely not a clone and a very unique character, the only similar thing he has towards fox, is his up be and down b. His neutral b is definitely different.

If Falco is not a clone, then Wolf definitely isn't! Since Falco has more similar moves to fox than Wolf has. Either way, all we can do is hope for Wolf DLC...

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Dude I just don't get Sakurai's logic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTGLvNutxws

Thats Wolf's theme! Why the F*** IS WOLF'S THEME IN THERE WHEN HES BEEN "CUT"! Sakurai logic!
Its evil I know. Maybe we can be saved by DLC or Wolf fans will just suffer for eternity like I predict. (I want to see wolf in this engine so bad...)

Everytime I think about how Wolf will probably never be in smash again I want to throw up blood. (Same feeling I get when I think about Banjo Threeie.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom