• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB 64 Tournament II : WE ARE BACK Update....

D

Deleted member

Do you remember what character you used on the earlier set? I dont have the brackets with me so i cant remember. Was Lovage in the semi finals?

In the earlier set vs Trigger in winners bracket I went all Fox vs his Pika

1st match - hyrule

2nd match- hyrule

3rd match- peach's castle

Lovage faced Trigger in Losers Finals so that means Lovage faced me in Winners Semis (i think)

edit:

Oh you are talking about the 1st set of grand finals

1st set : fox

2nd set: fox

3rd set: DK

they are all on hyrule

(the 1st match was really close)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Trigger Pikachu is too good.

In those matches it seems for me that Trigger plays smart while you smoke seem to attack like crazy and this costs you a lot of stocks.

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
Wtf, this post is surprising, coming from you
Luigi and Samus are jiggs rapists (according to the matchup chart I think?)
Jiggly can't do combos on samus (or very few), plus samus attacks have more range like dair and bair... And they like float the same so Samus can counter jiggly's floaty camping
But don't know at top level anyway...
sorry im a little late on this.

but im gonna have to agree with malva.. i play with jigg pretty well and often and 'to me' the only one who has an advantage against my jigg is falcon
[side note: as far as youtube videos of jigg, i have only seen two jiggs that are on a completely higher level than mine, and thats takumisu's and malva's jigg. this is based on only what i have seen on youtube at least.]

i can play jigg against good luigis and samus' and not get myasskicked but I dont know if its just a mental block or what but if i play a good falcon player they pwn on my jigg.

note: I didnt know there was an official chart to this haha
but I think it would differ via personal basis no?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
i can play jigg against good luigis and samus' and not get myasskicked but I dont know if its just a mental block or what but if i play a good falcon player they pwn on my jigg.
wtf?? Unlike Samus and Luigi, once you hit a Falcon, you can combo him to death.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
sorry im a little late on this.

but im gonna have to agree with malva.. i play with jigg pretty well and often and 'to me' the only one who has an advantage against my jigg is falcon
[side note: as far as youtube videos of jigg, i have only seen two jiggs that are on a completely higher level than mine, and thats takumisu's and malva's jigg. this is based on only what i have seen on youtube at least.]

note: I didnt know there was an official chart to this haha
but I think it would differ via personal basis no?
This is why I 5 stock you every time I play you right? :laugh::laugh:
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA
Just kidding but hey, happy valentines day

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
This is why I 5 stock you every time I play you right? :laugh::laugh:
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA
Just kidding but hey, happy valentines day
dont even joke like that.. cause I 'STOCK' stock you :laugh:

and that was really gay Mike..

:bee: but happy v-day to you too.....

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
There are alot of matches. About 1 hr. and 20 mns of full matches and about 25 mns. of matches that started off in the middle or were cut before they finished. Yes Jonny, I have all the final and semi finals that includes you and trigger (except one or two of them started in the middle of the match cause i was having camera problems =P.

Heres one more of me vs. srbs. sorry Blake =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I6K7MTVab8&feature=channel_page
by the way mike.. the guy you are playing here isnt part of the srbs crew. Those guys are from Santa Barbara. The guy youre playing is Blake. his usernamer on the forum is dankblak3.
You mistook 'srbs/evenmoregay(blondekid)' for 'dankblak3'

just fyi :psycho:

D

Deleted member

Trigger Pikachu is too good.

In those matches it seems for me that Trigger plays smart while you smoke seem to attack like crazy and this costs you a lot of stocks.

it's harder to concentrate when u are a little nervous cuz its the grand finals and it's not on a small tv where its easier to see openings and stuff. Also Trigger and I were both sick. It's also at the end of the day where you start to get tired and I also get bored of playing smash for 10 hours

when i faced trigger in the brackets I 4 stocked his pika with my fox on Peach's Castle but in grand finals, my fox game just completely fell apart so I used a character who I haven't played for the last two months

edit: also I fail at edgeguarding. Looking at those matches all I have to do is down-tilt instead of jumping off the stage

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yeah its usual to get nervous in tournaments. Experience is key there. in the european tournament some of my rivals got crazy before and after our match xP

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Wow besides smoke2jointz its all Pikachu or Kirby... -_- People really wanted to win at all costs

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
yea i realized i mucked up on some names lol. you get confused after a while editing so many vids

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Wow besides smoke2jointz its all Pikachu or Kirby... -_- People really wanted to win at all costs
That always seems to happen at smash64 tourneys.

Also DKs. Really n00bish people believe that DK's homo grabs are going to win the match for them :chuckle:

I'm hosting a smash64 tourney in about a month, I think I'll play Luigi only until I get near the finals, just to add some variety!

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
actually... to my recollection, at this tourny, every character was used. There were a bunch of falcons' and foxs', a few samus', one jiggly, one luigi and mario, one or two yoshis and DKs, a few ness', etc. etc.

:bee: and of course people are going to want to win.. its a tournament haha

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
I did not see any other Ness player besides Rufiooo. There was that one chick who just about schooled me with Samus.......i thought that was hot

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
and of course people are going to want to win.. its a tournament haha
Well, you'd at least expect people would at least have different mains other than just pikachu and kirby... I mean the game's balanced enough that you'd think it wouldn't suffer from the metaknight effect (Metaknight either goes even or counters everyone else, so players main metaknight in order to never have the disadvantage and fear of getting counterpicked by metaknight). It's not like pikachu absolutely demolishes the rest of the cast that much that most players should rely on him.

LegendOfZelda

Smash Apprentice
I would have to play a few friendlies to see who I would do best with vs the majority. I really would love to just play Yoshi...but...he's Yoshi and gets gimped somewhat easily. Oh wellz, I LOVE ME SOME YOSHI =]

D

Deleted member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjThyS0x4ME&feature=channel_page

better matches of me vs trigger in winners semis

Well, you'd at least expect people would at least have different mains other than just pikachu and kirby... I mean the game's balanced enough that you'd think it wouldn't suffer from the metaknight effect (Metaknight either goes even or counters everyone else, so players main metaknight in order to never have the disadvantage and fear of getting counterpicked by metaknight). It's not like pikachu absolutely demolishes the rest of the cast that much that most players should rely on him.

Actually I faced a Jiggly, Mario, and other characters beside Pikachus and Kirbys. As videos started getting recorded for the later matches, more pikas and kirbys simply were recorded

And yoshi is one of the best at not getting gimped, just double jump back on and don't attack and you'll super armor your way back if your percentage is low enough or you don't get grabbed

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
And yoshi is one of the best at not getting gimped, just double jump back on and don't attack and you'll super armor your way back if your percentage is low enough or you don't get grabbed
Orly?

Grabs at low %s by anyone who has a decent throw can end Yoshi because simple attacks push him off the edge AFTER the second jump (the armour doesnt last untill you land)

Pikachus throws --> Ftilt = Yoshi fail
Fox Backthrow -->Fsmash = Yoshi fail
Falcon throws (fthrow leads to a combo while Bthrow leads to gimp)--> Dtilt/Fsmash = Yoshi fail

Yoshi off edge = fail

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Orly?

Grabs at low %s by anyone who has a decent throw can end Yoshi because simple attacks push him off the edge AFTER the second jump (the armour doesnt last untill you land)

Falcon throws (fthrow leads to a combo while Bthrow leads to gimp)--> Dtilt/Fsmash = Yoshi fail

Yoshi off edge = fail
ever played a Yoshi that knows how to recover

Yoshi fast falls or falls quicker, attack hits his head, no knockback

1. Why would I get hit by an f- tilt, down b goes through this and you can jump over this, you mean F-air (which a f-air from Yoshi can just gimp instead (DJCC) )
2. being hit by a f-smash on Yoshi's head, i grab the ledge, "DJC super armor"
3. You mean aerials, not tilts or f-smash's, i wouldn't go over the ledge, if you wait back there, I just use down b to grab it

Yoshi's recover doesn't fail, only vs certain characters (most notably falcon's back of the up air, and virtually every drill in the game.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I agree.
I don't like when people think that they gonna do better just because its upper tier....
Just pick the char you like most or you are better with, thats all.

sMoke2jointz said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjThy...e=channel_page

better matches of me vs trigger in winners semis
Good stuff man, great attacking play while Trigger played gay cheap style.

D

Deleted member

Orly?

Yoshi off edge = fail
Didn't say he was the best, compare him to a lot of the cast

Unless he's high percentage (except Falcon) he can easily super armor past all of them especially pika's wimpy f-tilt. The only things that ruin Yoshi's recovery early on is jiggly's rest, giant punch, luigi's uppercut, falcon punch

Also if you DI at mid-high percentages, you can get knocked back so slightly that you will still grab the edge

MattNF

Smash Lord

Unless he's high percentage (except Falcon) he can easily super armor past all of them especially pika's wimpy f-tilt. The only things that ruin Yoshi's recovery early on is jiggly's rest, giant punch, luigi's uppercut, falcon punch

Also if you DI at mid-high percentages, you can get knocked back so slightly that you will still grab the edge
Pika's ftilt shuts down Yoshi's double jump at really low percents.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

no wai! this is just lies!

most chars have one means of sending your foe off on a more "horizontal" direction, use this vs Yoshi ^_- (then play MATTS! style)

RUFIOOO

Smash Cadet
There was a tournament held in Camarillo CA Feb 21, 09
It was very enjoyable... It was really great to see all of you again. awesome competition.. Thanks to Brandon for hosting.. and there were some awesome games. cant wait to see em again on utube

here are the SSB64 Tournament Results

DOUBLES

1. Pokerape....................(Ismokeherbz + Lovage)
2. Isai's Coke Buddies.........(Rufiooo + Christos)
3. The Gold Fish................(Gannon + Robert)
4. Super Rad Bomb Squad....(Benito + Evan)

Singles

1. IsmokeHerbz
2. Christos
3. Robert
4. Srbs/evenmoregay
5. Rufiooo
5. Lovage
7. Gannon
7. Dylan
9. MiketheMike
9. SrbsBurrito
9. Di Masi
9. The Greater Leon

Videos are coming soon........

D

Deleted member

Pika's ftilt shuts down Yoshi's double jump at really low percents.
ur dumb bro I'm just talking about when Yoshi goes back onto the stage

80% of the time you're just supposed to super armor past any hit instead of putting yourself at risk at getting hit out of your 2nd jump and falling clumsily to your death

Top Bottom