• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB 64 Tournament II : WE ARE BACK Update....

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the controversy with sector Z..

Our first tournament ran very well and we believe what helped was that we took polls for the rules of the last tournament and majority ruled. So we assumed we could just use the same tournament rules since it ran fine. But since it seems for this tournament, majority wants sector z out, majority rules.
Sector Z is no longer a counter stage.
You guys are all crumbs :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
JK, lets hope this changes things.

Francis
Mike:luigi:

Hey Everyone we are throwing another tournament, but this time in Glendale Ca. (Socal)

Our venue is at Glendale's Brand Park. We rented out a few rooms out for January 24th, 2009
Same Standard Rules, No lagging T.Vs, Semi-finals and on are recorded, Same hosts and players, Same good time and cash prizes. Some food and beverages will be provided.

Call to register
Chris: (818)458-4822 or Mike: (818)631-0691

*if you have any questions in regards to the tournament or rules, etc.
CALL Francis: (818) 319-1830

Hope to see you guys there!!!

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Mike here

Just to make note this is the place where I work, so unfortunately we can't be drinking there even though itll just be us. With that said we'll be have lots of food there and its a pretty big facility as well.

Just exit the 5 fwy on Western Blvd and literally go up Western (towards the mountains). The park is on Western and Mountain.

The adress is 1601 West Mountain St., Glendale, Ca 91202. Hit me up for more info.
Mike (818)631-0690.

Hope to see you guys there

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
I'm actually psychic.

I see....

A man.... Joel..... walking away from the building.... carrying the prize money.... again...

Haha anyway, in all seriousness, big ups and kudos to you guys for hosting this kind of thing and keeping 64 alive. We need more folks like you around where I live. I'm taking it into my own hands and setting up a tourney soon at my uni. That poster works well, I'm going to have to copy that style!

D

Deleted member

i am definitely coming to this

ill see if isai wants to come as well

edit: Sector Z should be taken out and Samus's stage should be in, just my opinion though

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually psychic.

I see....

A man.... Joel..... walking away from the building.... carrying the prize money.... again...

Haha anyway, in all seriousness, big ups and kudos to you guys for hosting this kind of thing and keeping 64 alive. We need more folks like you around where I live. I'm taking it into my own hands and setting up a tourney soon at my uni. That poster works well, I'm going to have to copy that style!
hahah.. thanks
*Francis made the poster*

I might go to this :)
are you doing teams?
Teams will happen at the end if people still want to throw down on it.
If so, its the same rules as 1v1, $10 buy in and team attack ON

i am definitely coming to this

ill see if isai wants to come as well

edit: Sector Z should be taken out and Samus's stage should be in, just my opinion though
It'd be cool to see you guys again haha

Lovage

Smash Hero
teams would be sooo tight

i just noticed how cool that poster is, how on the top right corner it has the n64 box logo on it "only for 64" haha nice

edit: also, you guys should post this in the Pacific West forum

Superstar

Smash Champion
Hot ****, if I could pick one of those characters from the poster as an avi, I would. maybe Ness, or Pika, or Mario, or Falcon.

Can't attend, and it's not only because I live on the other side of the US.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I thought you no longer had to pay to call long distance. At least, I don't think I got that restriction on my cell phone. Eh well.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
There should be. We're gonna have the projector again and I'm gonna ask if Francis could take his tv which is a real great quality tv, but its a little small maybe like 19 inch tv.

Unless you or anyone else would like to bring a high quality, but not TOO bulky TV then feel free. We'll have TVs, but if yours is better then feel free to bring it and we'll try it it;)
By good tv he doesn't mean quality. He means no input lag.

If you go to smash tournaments often, you notice that the finals aren't usually played on big, 60 inch, widescreen, hd tvs. They're usually played on some 20 inch standard, 10 year old tv. The reason why is because the new tvs just cause way to much input lag and to gamers, playability > quality.

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
By good tv he doesn't mean quality. He means no input lag.

If you go to smash tournaments often, you notice that the finals aren't usually played on big, 60 inch, widescreen, hd tvs. They're usually played on some 20 inch standard, 10 year old tv. The reason why is because the new tvs just cause way to much input lag and to gamers, playability > quality.

Point taken. Never thought of it, cause I always thought the bigger the better, but nowadays the bigger, the more input lag (at least with todays technology). You learn something new everyday

∫unk

Smash Master
the only thing that would stop me from coming to this is a brawl tourney :x

but sign me up

lovage or anyone near the 805 we should carpool

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
Haha yea a Brawl tourney wouldn't be as fun. But it's still alright to play.

One day I hope to throw a Mario Kart Wii tourney :p No one would survive. And not only do I mean that I'll win every race, but if I lose, I shall lose my temper and kill you. . . . .all :roll: haha just messin guys.

But for now lets get these spots filled up

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice

So heres the deal...

We are looking to fill a 32 spot tournament. We currently have 15 sign in
(most of which are players who came to our last tournament)

DATE: Saturday, January 24, 2009
People can arrive as early as 11AM
TOURNAMENT STARTS: when all contestants arrive (absolute latest 1:00PM
First Doubles - Then Singles

Entry Fee:
1v1 $10
2v2 $10 (each player)

Venue Fee: $3 (food and beverages will be provided given that its an all day event)

TOURNAMENT RULES

PRIZES:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

DOUBLES:
Buy-in is $10 each person ($20 per team)
- Will start before singles
- 2v2 Single elimination
- As far as game play - singles rules apply
- Team Attack On

SINGLES:
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, No Time limit
However excessive STALLING is NOT allowed! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Items OFF

STAGE OPTIONS:
•Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
•Counter Stages are: Saffron City and Sector Z
•Stages Banned are: Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi's Island, and Planet Zebes

•First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage among the available and counter stages or random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

BONUS INFO:
•Semi-final match and on will be recorded.
•There will be 3 stations and one for warming up
•All three main TVs are input lag free.

••You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER••
••Food and Beverages welcomed. Most will be Provided••

D

Deleted member

Not sure if you added me yet

Add me and my friend who also came last time, Nathan

Tigerb0mbz

Smash Journeyman
i told my boy to go...if he goes hes probably gonna win unless smokez is like imbahax

Sensei

Smash Lord
I was planning on going to this, but now that you banned Sector Z, I'll pass. Sector Z is balls off the walls. Only stage worth playing on.

lol, jk, gl with your tournament.

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
i mean really sector z not a counter i mean come on bro who cares if ***bo isai doesnt come or not i mean we want to have a good time aand all so consider it cuz we all know isai is no better than a boo boo head meaning a chicken head meaning a ***

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
and im bring six bros and they all consider sector z a key element so yeah im bring six bros or no bros
and they all heart sector z

Top Bottom