• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SS2 - Bus eller Godis? | 1-4 Nov - Stockholm, Sweden | Updated!

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
So who is up for some Halloween smash in Sweden? I proudly present to you "SS2 - Bus eller godis?"! 4 days of non-stop crazy mindblowing mindgamez in Smash!

It is going to be located in a venue north of Stockholm during 1-4 Nov. Here is a map to the venue from the red-line metrostation "Danderyds Sjukhus". Easiest way to get there from the central station is to take the red-line of the Metro (Tunnelbana, T-bana) towards "Mörby Centrum". It is the second to last stop.

There is a grocery store nearby and hopefully my friend will have a café selling mostly sandwiches so you don't have to starve. If she is going to have the café, she will occupy and guard the kitchen and fridge with her life. ;)

We will also be sleeping in the venue and there are smaller separate rooms as well to sleep in.

As for the tournaments, we will have the mandatory singles and teams. As well I hope to get in low-tier singles and teams.

There is goinh to be an entrance fee of 50kr (~€5). Also for Singles it is 50kr and 100kr per team. Lowtier will be 20kr to enter.

The pot is going to be split up in 60/30/10 and 100kr to 4th place and 50 to the 5th place finishers. (This may be changed to a larger split depending on the pot size.)

Rules are as follows (A lot taken from the RoX4 ruleset :p):

General Rules:

Stage Banning:
Before each set starts, both sides are allowed to strike one stage, disabling it from being used for the upcoming set. Note: It cannot be played at all, even if chosen on random.

Advanced Slob Picks:
After a game, the loser announces the next stage to be played, then the winner decides what character he's playing, and then the loser decides his character.
In short, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.

Neutral stages:
Pokémon Stadium, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams. (In Teams Kongo Jungle 64 is used as a Neutral instead of FoD)

Counterpick stages:
Princess Peach's Castle, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Poké Floats, Battlefield, Kongo Jungle 64, Mushroom Kingdom II.

Helios' silly rule (HSR):
You cannot play the last stage you chose, nor the stage you last won.

Stage reset:
At the start of the set, you're allowed to reset the game if you're not happy with the random stage.
This can only be done for one stage, which then cannot be played as the first stage.

No stalling:
Peach bombing, rising pound and other stalling techniques are banned. Violation will result in a forfeit of the match.

Wobbling:
Wobbling is NOT banned.

Singles:

Pool play:
Pool Play: 8 pools , top 3 advance to a 24 man DE bracket and the Pool winners get a BYE in first round (May be changed to a 32 man DE bracket.)
In pools, the players with the most won matches will advance.
Ties are broken by number of losses, and after that by the result from their particular match.
In case of a three-way tie (or more), all involved players must play their matches again.
Stock: 4
Set: Best of 3
Items: Off
Advanced Slob Picks
Helios' Silly Rule

Brackets:
Double Elimination bracket, 24(32) players
Set: Best of 3 for rounds 1&2 then best of 5 , Finals final best of 7
Advanced Slob Picks
Helios' Silly Rule

Teams:

Due to frame dropping, Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for teams. Kongo Jungle 64 takes FoD's place as a neutral stage.
Double Elimination
Set: Best of 3, then 5 at quaterfinals, Finals Final 7
Team Attack: On
Advanced Slob Picks
Helios' Silly Rule

So there it is! I hope that many of you come. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Oldish stuff)

To begin with, this is not going to be a big tourny. The venue probably can only handle up to 50-60 people. However, if any foreigners want to come up to Stockholm and have some fun, you are more then welcome to. The venue itself is just north of Stockholm and can be reached by taking the Metro.

The rules are going to be similiar to the RoX4's ruleset, so no worries about them being a bit too simplistic... *cough* Epita 2 *cough* :pimp:

An entrance fee of 50kr (€5-6) and the same amount for both singles and teams. Hopefully we can get in some crews and low-tiers as well.

Anyways, I'm mostly putting this up to see if anyone wants to come.

Step up the Mindgamez!

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Finally back from my weekend in finland.

Me and my brother will come for this=D.

Naru and Niño=D.

we are teh nuubs or are we lol !!!!
Are you guys swedes? If you are, nice to see new faces in swedish smash. Your first tournament is usually quite an eye-opener to how smash is really played! :suess:

Edit: As soon as XDGaming gets their forum working again I will post more details.

N4ru

Smash Rookie
Finally back from my weekend in finland.

Are you guys swedes? If you are, nice to see new faces in swedish smash. Your first tournament is usually quite an eye-opener to how smash is really played! :suess:

Edit: As soon as XDGaming gets their forum working again I will post more details.
Yup we are Swedes.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Man, you should've let me know and we could've at least met up. Actually you might have been playing like 2 km from my place, since those are pretty much the biggest and bests fields around here.

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Well, this year we were here, Siltamäen liikuntapuisto. Anyways, more details coming up soon! Helios says that they are almost done getting the forum back up. (I have the details on the forum, thats why I'm waiting for it to return.)

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
The only comp I can use right now is this work comp, but I could rewrite it from here...

P.S. Helios, jag har inte mycket detaljer på det andra forumet men jag är för lat för att säga det till alla utlänningar eller för att gör nåt åt det. :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
annars är ju banan en av de bättre banorna, den är stor med pachar och samusar kan ha lite problem med kanten, nästan mer balanserat på det sättet XD...

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Oscar, if i understand it right. Do i have to pay 50 to enter singles, 100 to enter teams, 20 to enter LT, and 50 to enter the "place"? o.o

I hope im wrong x)

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Almost right. 50 to enter teams, but your teammate also has to pay 50. So the total is 100 per team. All in all 220-240kr, not that much.

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Around 35 people have already confirmed coming, including most of the top swedish players and a few norwegian smashers. Any finnish, or any other smashers for that matter, that want to come?

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
Jag vill jättegärna komma. Hur anmäler man sig? Skriver man i tråden, skickar Pm till någon eller hur gör man? Vill vara med i både vanliga singles och Low Tier singels.

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
Om man är med på föranmälda listan, är det säkert att man får vara med och spela i turneringen då? Jag vill vara på säkra sidan eftersom jag skulle vara med i Uppcons Smash-turnering (Som man inte kunde anmäla sig till) men fick inte vara med eftersom det var fullt när jag kom.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Volvagia- Försök vara där i god tid så ska det nog lösa sig, och singles är väl inte förrän andra/tredje dagen så du bör nog inte missa det, försök gärna hitta en teammate innan dock, om du kommer första dagen...

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
Are the Singles Tournaments (Normal and Low Tier) at Saturday and Sunday or wich day are they and what time does they start? Can you play som friendlies before it starts?

Top Bottom